I'm Back

Lothario's Definition of Love

'Noona?' Taecyeon blurts out, clearly in disbelief.

'I'm back in Korea. Are you available now?'

'I...' Taecyeon stares at Yoona as she fiddles with her necklace. 'I'm afraid not.'

'Ahh...' The trace of disappointment was audible. 'In that case, maybe some other day...'

'Is anything wrong? You don't sound too good.'

'Taecyeon ah, I really need to see you...' Tae Hee pleads.

'Alright, where do I meet you?'

'Old venue. 9PM.' Taecyeon hangs up, staring intently at Yoona.

'Yoona ah...'

'I know. Don't worry. Get going soon.' Yoona reassures him with her cheerful smile.

'I'll fetch you at 9 tomorrow. As usual.' Taecyeon bids Yoona goodbye with a peck on her forehead before turning away.

 

Noona...

It feels strange...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Noona?' Taecyeon spots a familiar figure and calls out.

'Taecyeon ah!' She dashes forward, straight into the arms of Taecyeon. His eyes widen immediately, clearly lost for words.

 

Nothing changed. Tae Hee was still the old Tae Hee. Her lilac-scented hair. Her Elizabeth Arden perfume. Her Dior matte lipstick. Most importantly, the nostalgic feeling that remains.

 

'I miss you,' She looks up at him with those wistful eyes. 'Taecyeon ah, I'm not going back anymore.'

'Noona?' Taecyeon stares wide-eyed at Tae Hee. 'What are you saying?'

'Taecyeon ah,' Tears began to stream down her cheeks. 'I'm filing for divorce.'

'Noona, don't make the wrong decision in a fit of pique...'

'Don't dissuade me. I'm not changing my mind.'

'Alright, don't cry anymore...' He brushes her tears with his thumbs. 'Tell me what happened.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With breakfast she prepared early in the morning, Yoona walks to his apartment unit. Certain that Taecyeon was still asleep at this time, she intends to surprise him by popping up at his house.

'Oppa...' She knocks the door gently when she hears the doorknob twisting open.

'Yes you're?' The door swings open as she greets Yoona. Yoona stares unblinkingly at the person before her.

 

Kim Tae Hee.

Why was she in his house at this point of time? What was his first love doing in his house? Why did he hide this from her? Her mind began to whirl as questions continued to bombard her.

'I'm sorry. Wrong unit.' Yoona manages to utter as she turns to leave. Swallowing back tears, inexplicable anger inundates her. She couldn't help but feel cheated. Cheated of her feelings. Cheated of her trust.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beep. Beep. Beep.

She stares at the screen of her cellphone and clicks the 'reject' button immediately. She grimaces at the twinge of sadness that strikes her when she sees his name. She no longer wants to know if Tae Hee is still romantically involved with Taecyeon. As she continues to chide herself for walking into a trap, her cellphone started ringing again.

'Ahh, Butler Ahn...' Yoona picks up the call when the caller was no longer Taecyeon.

'Yoona ah, your father regained consciousness a moment ago. Head down to the hospital now.'

'Father...'  Yoona clasps her hand over . 'You have finally come around.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Appa!' Yoona grabs his hand tightly, sitting by his bedside. 'Appa, I'm here.'

'Yoona ah.' His voice crackles as he tries to pull off the oxygen mask. Yoona shakes her head in disapproval but he was insistent.

'Yoona ah... Did you finish the eggtarts I bought?'

'Appa...' Yoona began to whimper. 'Appa, I'm sorry...'

'Silly girl... It's all over now. I wasn't a good daddy. I refused to allow you to pick up any musical instrument even though I know you're talented. I'm sorry...'

'Appa. I know everything you did meant well. I'll accept your...'

'No, Yoona. Go to New York to further your studies. Pick up music. I don't want to obstruct your path to shine anymore. I want you to go.' He interrupts.

'No! How am I supposed to leave you here? I won't leave. I won't!' Yoona cries out, feeling agitated.

'Yoona.' He replies sternly. 'Leave everything behind and start afresh there. Listen to Daddy. I don't want a daughter with a fragile and meek self. I want a daughter who is strong at heart. I want you to return successful...'

'Appa!' Yoona shakes her head, feeling exasperated.

'Stop clinging on to hopeless situations. Hopeless people. Grow up, my child. Leaving is the best choice. Fulfill my wish, Yoona. You have to go this time.'

 

Hopeless situations...

Hopeless people...

Indeed she was. She was holding back, reluctant to part with the man she loves. She was still clinging onto a relationship that would never last. The determination and insistence in his tone was simple. She has to leave. She has to start afresh...

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
 

Addendum: Honestly, do you think Yoona would leave? Hahah. Uhm well, I'm sorry for this 'dry' chapter and the delay.
Anyway, I'll be starting my second fanfic soon. Soshibang :D The action genre, I suppose. I don't read novels or stories with violence or action, but I'm giving this a try. I seriously want to challenge myself^^.
Do comment and subscribe. Your subscription means most to me. Thanks! *By the way, do check out my new fanfic, when it comes*
 

-SMILE- xoxo