Prince Luhan

Perfect, Beautiful, Exotic

‘So I know you’ve never once visited my workplace before but it looks pretty nice right? We sell suits and ties for men and we also fix any wrecked or worn suits. As you can see around you, this is a nice, small but expensive store where everything here can be seen from the cash register. This makes it easier to see the customers who have come in and make sure you greet them every time one comes in. Usually the people that come in won’t know what type of suit they need so when you offer help, you have to ask them questions such as what kind of event they need a suit for, what size they are, what colour ties they prefer, and their budget range. Since we have such a small staff, we also have appointments where people have booked in certain times to get fitted during the day, and this helps us to work more effectively in serving our customers as quickly as possible. We also have a schedule book resting by the counter which has all appointment times of the day, and there’s a list of customers’ names who we expect are dropping in during the week because we have an item they ordered that has arrived, or we have finished fixing a suit/tie of theirs. Today, there’s you, me and Kikwang working so make sure you get along well since he will be training you for about an hour before we open. As for me, I’ll be going to pick up some stuff that arrived at the main office and I’ll be back here before opening time. Now Minzy, the most important thing for you to remember is to always smile at the customers and speak in a happy tone. I’ve dressed you very nicely so you can match the reputation this store holds. The key is to be classy. None of your casual talk should be heard here. Doesn’t sound too bad right?’

It seemed to me like Bom had been talking for a few hours but it had merely been 2 minutes since we walked into the store, and as soon as I exchanged greetings with her coworker Kikwang, her crazy explanation flew out of . I glanced over at him and noticed he was trying his hardest not to laugh.

‘Noona you’ve somehow overcomplicated such a simple job. Your friend looks like she’s just been told to kill a man.’

‘Aish Kikwang how could I have possibly overcomplicated it?’ Bom frowned at her coworker, then looked back at me. ‘Minzy, it’s okay right?’

‘Uh…sure.’ I nodded uncertainly. I’m gonna need a second explanation..

‘Trust me, you’ll be fine. Kikwang here will cover anything I haven’t already covered. Make sure you treat her well dongsaeng!’ Bom narrowed her eyes at him.

‘I got it I got it.’

‘Good.’ She smiled. ‘See you later.’

The second she left the store I sighed in amusement, for the Bom I knew back at home was a lazy, loud and childish girl who didn’t act her age. She has never talked to me in such a proper way before, I was slightly entertained by the character she had to be at work.

‘So, want me to explain all of that crap again?’

I looked at Kikwang who smiled at me and I automatically smiled back.

‘Sure. I mean, If you wouldn’t mind.’

‘Well let’s see…’ He clasped his hands together and thought to himself for a second.

‘Today all I need you to do is be my assistant. We only have 3 scheduled appointments today but we’ll certainly get several more customers dropping in for help so I’ll attend to them, and If I need anything in particular, you can do it for me.’

I nodded in understanding. ‘For example?’

‘If I need a certain size of a suit, or a tie or whatever, I’ll just have you grab it for me.’

Sounds easy enough.

‘Oh, and I guess I’ll have you working at the cash register. Sound okay for the first day?’ He asked.

‘Yeah it does. Really okay.’ I chuckled a little. ‘What will Bom be doing?’

‘Since you’re here today, she’ll be running errands here and there all throughout the day but I expect her to be in store working for a little bit. She does have a lot of paperwork to get through in the back room though, so I don’t know how much you’ll see her today. Just make sure you watch me and try to pick up a few things since I’m guessing you’ll want to stay at this job after today, and the next time you come in you’ll have to start interacting with the customers more.’ He gave me the thumbs up.

‘Yes, I got it. Thanks!’ I bowed lightly, then realised there was still plenty of time until the store would be opened. ‘What do we do now?’

‘For now, I guess I’ll just show you the basis of where everything here is located so when you have to grab something, you’ll know where it is. Just walk around and familiarize yourself with our stock.’ Kikwang started walking around, and I followed him. I knew I was already going to get along with him, but the laidback personality also made me think he didn’t seem at all like the type to be working at such a fancy store.

It had hit around 2pm already and I had found the day quite relaxing, what with the easy job Kikwang gave me. It was pretty much only us 2, since Bom had been in the back room all day and had only come out once for her lunch break. Quite a few of their customers who came in noticed I was new and welcomed me to the store so I guessed those were the regular customers. All scheduled appointments were done already and there was less than 2 hours until closing time. The store was now empty and I was putting away some ties back to their correct sections, when Bom stuck her head out from the back room and called me over.

'Could you check If there are any more customers today that we're expecting to come pick up any items ?'

'Umm...hang on.' I rushed over to the counter. I opened up the book and ran my finger along the list of customers' names. My eyes perked up when I saw one name not yet crossed out. And I think I knew this one.

Lee Chanhee

Oh Sehun

Park Taehyun

Kim Tan

'So? Any other customers?' Bom asked again.

'Yeah..just one.' I called back.

'What's the name?'

'Oh Sehun?' I read out.

'Ohhhhh that young guy. Probably another suit.' She spoke to herself.

'Is he a regular customer?' I asked, my interest increasing.

'Yeah. He looks your age so I was surprised at first when he started coming here but he always gets his suits dry cleaned here and buys a new one every so often. Must belong to a rich family. Anyway since no one has come in for the past half an hour, you can go out for a 15 minute break If you want. There's a bakery nearby so grab yourself a snack If you want. Come back with a croissant for me If you could.' She grinned at me. I laughed while rolling my eyes before grabbing my wallet and leaving the store. After buying a few buns and Bom's bread at the bakery, I took the time to check my phone notifications and noticed a text from Sehun. Must be the address to his friend's party. I quickly typed a short reply in thanks before heading back to the store, and noticed Kikwang wasn't inside anymore.

'Unnie? Where did Kikwang go?' I asked, as I chucked her the croissant I bought.

'Oh Thanks!' She giggled. 'He's on a late lunch break. And since I'm nowhere near finished with this work, I'm leaving you in charge for a while okay?'

I widened my eyes at her request. 'W-what? You want me to handle the store by myself?'

 

'We've given you the easy end of the job all day, so be grateful Minzy-ah~ I can't afford to help you right now.' She whined, chewing on her croissant. Oh yeah but you have time to eat?

'But unnie-'

'Go!' She slammed the door after throwing me an evil smirk. I let out an exhausted sigh while I took out one of the bread buns I bought. I propped my head on my left arm and ate with my other hand. Since there were no customers, I could eat the way I wanted to, even If I did look unlady-like and unprofessional. I guess I was just really hungry and the bread bun tasted way too good for some reason. I turned around, having my back faced to the front of the store as I leaned my body onto the counter, continuing to eat my bread. When I had finished that one, I took out another and bit into it, letting out a satisfied squeal at the awesome taste. Only 2 more hours until-

'Excuse me miss?' An unfamiliar voice that echoed closely rang through the room. Oh crap, a customer. I quickly took the bread out of my mouth and put it back in its bag before I turned around to greet the customer.

'Hi, welcome to our stor-' I froze mid sentence, and my eyes widened, followed by my mouth slightly hanging open. The face I saw right in front of me was one that I knew too well and it was the closest I'd ever seen them. Those huge, doe eyes. That flawless skin. His tall nose. Those beautiful lips.

WHAT THE HELL IS PRINCE CHARMING DOING HERE?

'Please excuse me.' I laughed awkwardly, because I noticed Luhan frowned slightly at my face. 'C-Can I help you today sir?'

He took a weird glance at me before he placed a receipt on the counter. 'I'm here to pick up a suit for a friend today. The name is under Oh Sehun.' He slid the small piece of paper towards me and I hesitated before taking it. Focus Minji!! 

'Yes, we've been expecting this customer. I will be right back.' I bowed slightly before running over to the section where we keep customer's orders. I found the suit and dashed back to the counter clumsily, and I could see my customer was trying his best not to laugh at me. I must've looked like such a fool, dressed in a fancy outfit and yet not being able to keep my balance on high heels.

'H-Here you go.' I nearly shoved the bag into his face, keeping my head down.

'Thanks.' He took the bag in his hands. 'Are you new here?'

I shot my head up quickly in surprise. 'Yes, today is my first day actually.' I bowed my head a little.

'I hope you enjoy it here. Thank you very much.'

'Y-yeah, thank you very much sir!' I bowed back a little too enthusiastically as he his heel and walked out of the store. As soon as I heard the door close my head snapped up and I let out an exasperated sigh. I stomped my foot angrily and harshly ran my hand through my hair.

'Aish what was I doing?!' I scolded myself. 'My FIRST meeting with the Prince Charming, and I totally blew it. WHY ME.' I shouted, kicking my bread bag. I had no idea what i was expecting anyway. Some sort of fantasy clip where we meet and he falls in love with me at first sight? Grow up Minzy....you're too old for that crap. Okay, well I didn't want to meet him while being a complete clutz either.

'Minzy?'

 

I snapped around and saw Kikwang entering the store. I quickly cleared my throat and ran my fingers roughly through my messy hair to fix it up.

'Yes?'

'..Are you okay?' He slowly approached me. 'You sounded sort of angry before.'

'Oh oh that?' I laughed and flapped my hand around. 'No no I was just uh...acting! Yeah acting! i've got a play coming up that I have to practise for so I thought why not do it here?' I smiled, nodding at him convincingly.

'Okay..forget I asked.' He stifled a laugh, smirking at me, before standing next to me and checking the schedule book.

'Oh, all of our expecting customers have been crossed off for the day. That's pretty early.' He nodded happily. 'Know what that means?' He looked at me.

I shook my head at him, waiting for him to explain.

'We can probably close the shop a little earlier today, say in about half an hour? Would you like to go home early?'

More time to get ready for Chaerin's friend's party I guess.

''Uhh If you don't mind that is...' I tried to be humble. 'I wouldn't mind staying back here with Bom If you'd like to go home early.'

'It's fine. Bom noona told me you both have a party tonight so you actually want to go home first don't you? Don't worry about pleasing me since you've done a great job today already, and I'll see you next week right?' He smiled.

'Thank you so much for today. I learnt a lot and I'm looking forward to my second day.' I grinned back. Just as long as I don't experience what happened with my prince charming again.

-----

'You're lucky I'm taking a night off work at the club to come. These guys you keep talking about better be worth my time Chaerin.' Dara checked her makeup in the mirror.

 

'Trust me, they won't disappoint. I've met a few of them and they really aren't bad looking at all. Pretty cute infact.' Chaerin smirked back from the passenger seat.

 

'Unnie, all you think about is guys and their looks. Has the thought of personality ever occured to you before?' I questioned from the back seat.

'Oh Minji, it's not like I don't look at personality either. I think personality is one of the most important factors in a guy, but only when you 're looking for a boyfriend. Me? I'm not so keen on grabbing one yet.' She explained proudly. I shrugged at her response since I already knew she'd answer with something like that anyway. I checked my phone and saw a text from Sehun.

You are coming tonight right? I told Kai and he was really looking forward to meeting you.

A tiny smile tugged to my lips as I replied.

I don't know yet. I haven't even arrived at my first party yet. Don't get your hopes up, byuntae.

I smirked before putting my phone away. Looking outside the window at nothing in particular, I sighed to myself because I was feeling discouraged about going honestly. I wanted to meet my Prince charming at Kai's party, but instead I got put on the spot and made a fool out of myself at the store. I mean, it wasn't like the guy knew me or anything, but girls like to make a good first impression. Although I was happy to be surprised with his visit to the store, I really wasn't ready to meet the guy properly yet.

'Yah Minzy-ah, we're here!' I felt a nudge on my side. Turning to see Bom and Dara walk out of the taxi, I opened my side and stepped out, following my rommates to the entrance of the house we were going to.

' this house is no joke!' Chaerin exclaimed, agape at the size of just the front. It really was quite a marvelous sight and it was a wonder what the owners did for a living.

'But Chaerin, isn't it your friend's party? Shouldn't you have been to this house before?' Bom asked.

'No no, I got invited here by another friend. I actually don't know whose party or house it is.' She shrugged.

'Bwo? Now I'm feeling a little nervous...' Dara pressed her fingers together like a teenager.

'Oh hush you. We've been to parties plenty of times, hurry in!' Chaerin pushed us forward and opened the front door, immediately letting the loud sound of music escape and echo as we entered the building. Weird for them to leave the door unlocked. Wouldn't one normally care for gate crashers?

We saw a few people we knew from Uni and exchanged greetings while walking further inside the house. There were a few unfamiliar faces and I knew this was probably one of the biggest parties I had ever been to. The place easily fit over 100 people but there was still space to walk around comfortably. Chaerin left Bom, Dara and I to go and talk with some people and hug them like the socialite she is, so the three of us decided to grab a drink. Spotting a few people from dance that I knew, I separated myself from my 2 older roomates after grabbing a light beer and made my way over to them.

'Jongup! Junhong!' I grinned before taking a seat next to the 2 best friends. 'How long you been here?'

'About 2 hours already?' Jongup shrugged, sipping onto his drink.

'Oh Youngbae hyung is here too. In the room across doing some dancing with a few others.' Junhong pointed towards another room, which I hadn't entered yet.

'Always dancing whenever he can huh.' I laughed. 'Hm...I actually don't feel like beer right now. I'm gonna go make a mix.' I handed Junhong my bottle before walking back to the drinks section. I examined the table that was filled with all sorts of spirit drinks, softs drinks, cruisers and beers and wondered how much money the host of the party had spent, although judging by the house, the amount probably wouldn't have been that much to them. After a while, I settled for mixing 2 spirits together with some soft drink and took a quick sip. Hm. Sweet and fresh. Just my style.

'So you did decide to show up huh? Liar.' I whipped my head around and was surprised to see Sehun standing in front of me.

'Sehun?' I blinked. What was the byuntae doing here? 'Why are you here?' I asked, taking a gulp of my drink.

'What do you mean? This is Kai's house you know.' He raised his eyebrows at me. 'I did send you the address and everything. I thought you were going to a different party first?'

'This IS the different party...OH.' I laughed and nodded understandingly. 'This was the party Chaerin unnie was talking about.' i spoke to myself.

'You didn't know whose house it was?' Sehun asked, taking my drink from me and having a taste.

'Like I said, I was dragged along so I didn't know the details.' I shrugged, taking my drink back from him.

'That's a good mix. What's in it?' Sehun pointed to my bright concoction.

'Alize, Midori and some sprite. not bad yeah? I like my sweet drinks.' I smiled proudly.

'Make another one. I came to make my friend a mix but I don't know what to make. He also likes sweet drinks, and this one's not bad.'

'Sure.' I put my glass down and quickly mixed together another drink before handing it to Sehun.

'Thanks. Wanna go meet Kai now?' He asked.

'Sure.' I followed him through the house. 'I'm sure he'll like the drink.'

'Oh no it's not for Kai. This drink is for Luhan hyung.'

I stopped in my tracks. I had completely forgotten that this party was actually Kai's party, meaning Sehun's other friends would be here and now I've just found out my Prince Charming is here.

'Hm? What's wrong?' Sehun looked behnd at me.

'Nothing nothing.' I shook my head, but still didn't move. Sehun walked over and roughly yanked my arm, making me follow him. 'Yah!' I shouted, but he ignored me and kept leading me into a different room, where I could see several guys talking to each other. I kept my head down, my fringe fortunately covering my eyes a little.

'Kai, this is Minzy.' Sehun called out. I looked up slightly and saw the guys now all had their attention on me. I saw the familiar face of Kai as he approached me and stuck his hand out to shake my hand.

'Nice to meet you, My real name's actually Kim Jongin. But Kai is what you should use.'

 

'Hi, I'm Minzy.' I smiled nervously. 'I've seen your dance before. You're really good.'

'Thanks.' He grinned sort of cutely at me, then looked at Sehun. 'Your girlfriend's pretty cute.'

I nearly spat out my drink. Girlfriend? I was about to correct the guy but Sehun beat me to it.

'Please hyung. I could find someone hotter than this.' Sehun replied, looking kind of offended. Jerk.

'Anyway, Luhan hyung, here's your drink. If it doesn't taste good, blame her.'

I still had my head turned away from the the rest of the guys in the room and I knew I would have to sooner or later introduce myself. I slowly turned my head to the right to bow my head at them before I saw how close my prince charming was to Sehun, who was still for some reason holding onto my arm.

 

'Thankyou. Minzy-ssi right?' I watched him take the drink off Sehun. 'I'm Luhan.' He smiled. No way. Was that a smile for me? Like just a small one, but he smiled at me. Okay Minzy, stop hiding under your fringe.....

I titled my head up and bowed my head slightly at him before stupidly saying the words:

 

'Nice to meet you, Prince Luhan.'

---

A/N: Yo yo And it's been just over a week and I'm back with a longer than usual chapter! They met! I'm sorry I couldn't really describe her feelings properly...but nonetheless I hope you enjoy the chapter T^T At least they finally met right? My apologies....

Thanks to my newest subscribers!!

 

And got a new upvote~ thankies