To Sing or Dance?

Perfect, Beautiful, Exotic

A/N: Ello Ello it;s me, and this may be a bit of a stale chapter compared to the others but it has relevance to the story trust me :) Don't forget to check out my new story also!!! Click the link t the bottom after you've finished reading this chapter update ^-^ Would love to see fellow Baekyeon shippers fangirl with me!!

Hope you enjoy~

 

 

 

*********************

 

"I will come visit you after my last class :)" - Luhan

 


To say Minzy was on cloud nine was an understatement.

 

 

She hadn't expected that weird day to turn into a night she never wanted to forget.

When she got home last night, she had pinched herself way too many times to see If she was dreaming.

Much to her liking, she wasn't.

On the drive home she and Luhan were able to talk very comfortably with each other and it was the nicest experience, not being super nervous and just being able to enjoy his company without thinking about whether she had to hide her flushing cheeks or get caught staring at him.

This morning she was perfectly 15 minutes early for her business lecture, sipping a healthy smoothie with one hand and holding a fresh coffee she bought for Luna in the other. This afternoon she would see Luhan and go out again, so she wouldn’t have time to stop by the Arts department, even though Youngbae had asked her to. She’d texted him an apology and said she would catch up with him later. He wanted her to join him at the meeting with the dance committee since they were asked to prepare performances for the opening of the new auditorium, like Luna and the others had mentioned the night before.

With a few minutes to go and checking the door to see If Luna would be on time, Minzy put the drinks down and continued to scroll through her recent messages, until she saw Sehun’s name.



For a moment she felt a strange feeling in pit of her stomach.

 

It was bizarre to think that the night she spent with Luhan gazing at the moon and the stars was also the same day Sehun kissed her for the second time.

The second time. Minzy repeated in her head.

 

Warmth spread to her cheeks but she quickly shook her head.

 

She had really meant it when she told herself to stay away from him. Of course, seeing him with their mutual friends was inevitable but if they weren’t alone together there should be no problem.

For some reason though, she unknowingly tapped onto the message bar, her fingers hovering over her keyboard. She was about to type something until she saw that Luna arrived before the lecturer closed the doors.


“Hey hey hi big hangover, don’t ask how much I drank after you left.”

 

Minzy laughed at her friend’s ridiculous bed hair and unironed shirt.


“I won’t, but don’t you think your wonderful boyfriend will judge you for looking like you just woke up without washing your face or hair?”


“Oh shush you! You know I never see anyone besides you at Uni. I will never let him see me like this.” She scoffed. “By the way, your prince never showed up last night.”
 

“I see.” Minzy nodded her head in amusement, handing over the coffee cup.


“Wait, you’re not still in a bad mood?”


Minzy rolled her eyes. “Okay I’ll admit I was being a bit of an but yesterday a lot of things happened, okay?”

“Oh Mingkki it’s fine. You never do anything for yourself and you hate having so much attention directed at you. I understand. Just tell me you called him!” Luna took a gracious sip of her cup.

“Uh, yeah yeah I did and we uh, worked things out.” Minzy flipped over some pages of her textbook trying to hide her smile.

“And?” Luna combed through her messy strands of hair. “Did you ask him out? Did he say how close IU and he were? Did HE ask you out-“
 

“Oh god shut up it’s too early for this!” Minzy chucked a pen at her.

“Well excuse me for worrying so much about my dearest friend Gong Minji.”

“Thankyou Luna.” She smiled, deciding to keep the memories of sitting with Luhan at the lake to herself.

“Many thanks for this coffee by the way, but to be honest I’m actually craving some bubble tea.” Luna yawned as the lecturer began the lecture.

 



Bubble Tea.
 

 

Minzy unknowingly glanced at her messages again.
 

 

There was no new messages from Sehun that said “Get me my bubble tea” or “Have bubble tea ready for me” in her inbox.

A slit of disappointment displayed her face but fortunately, Luna did not catch it.


“And by the way, since you keeping asking… his name is Jongin.”

“What?” Minzy looked up from her phone.

“My…boyfriend’s name.” Luna fidgeted in her seat. “I figured I can at least tell you his name for now.”

“You’re official now? That’s wonderful!” Minzy squeezed her friend’s hand lovingly. “I’ll have to make sure you stop drinking so much so you don’t look so homeless in front of him.”

Her pen was thrown back at her face.
 


*********************************

“Have you been waiting long?” Luhan took her extra bags and placed it into his car’s boot.



“Not that long. I spent my free time getting some words done for my paper.” Minzy replied, surprised by his kind gesture. “So…where are we going today?”



“Just a little afternoon tea. You eat cake right?” He started the engine when Minzy was buckled in next to him.

 

No, she was not that much of a sweet tooth but the way Luhan’s eyes glittered when he said the word ‘cake’ made her coo inside.

“Sure, I eat cake.” She smiled. “Not a lot of it though.”
 

“You’re missing out! Sweets and dessert are such a wonderful joy in life, you have to eat them more.”

 

Minzy resisted the urge to laugh at way her prince was talking about sweets so passionately.

 

“I guess we don’t have that part in common do we?”

 

“Well, I know you like to sing and that you’re actually pretty good at it.”

 

“Eh?” Minzy fidgeted in her seat. “How do you know?”



“You think when you saw me last night I had only just shown up?” Luhan grinned mischievously. “You have talent, and you hid it from me.”

 

“Pshh It’s not like I was intentionally hiding anything from you.” Minzy scratched her neck. “Wait so…. what? You were standing outside our karaoke room the whole time?”


“Just enough to get the chance to hear you sing. I would like to hear it again of course.”

 

“Oh gosh it really wasn’t that great though.” Minzy flushed.

 

As Luhan pulled up into a small café he pouted as he parked the car.

 

“Why won’t you sing for me? You’ve asked me to sing for you before.”



“H-Hey don’t do that to me!” Minzy crossed her arms. “Don’t make such a baby face and try to guilt trip me.”

 

“I have an idea. Why don’t you perform a song with me at the opening night? It’s only fair, don’t you think?”

 

“Are you crazy?!” She was in disbelief. “I’m not a music student. I don’t feel comfortable singing with someone who’s been trained to sing.”

 

Before she could say anything else Luhan was already out of the car and on her side with the door open, his hand out to her as If he were her personal butler or something.

 

 “Won’t you please consider it though?”

 

Minzy mentally punched herself for wanting to give into that dangerous smile of his.

 

“Ugh, fine…..I’ll… think about it.” She managed to reply, taking his hand.

 

 

It seemed Luhan was a regular at this particular café, for the staff greeted and seated them right away despite the line that was waiting. They asked him if he wanted the usual without giving him the menu, and he just nodded and said thanks.


“Do you have a friend that works here or something?” Minzy eyed the line of people waiting, counting how many.



“Something like that. I spend a lot when I come here afterall.” Luhan smiled gratefully at the staff member who brought 2 drinks to the table.

 

“Thankyou as always Emi.”

 

Minzy almost felt jealous at the smile he exchanged with the waitress.

 

“It’s always a pleasure, Master Luhan.” She then turned to look at Minzy and smiled the same way she did to him. “I see you’ve brought a special guest with you today?”

 

“This is Minzy, she attends Seoul Uni and is in a dance club like me.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you! It has been a very long time since Master Luhan has brought any guests besides Master Sehun with him. Please take care of him.” She bowed.

 

Minzy was a little stuttered but bowed back nonetheless. When the waitress walked away, she looked at Luhan for an explanation

.

“Emi used to be a servant at Sehun’s house. We both used to talk to her a lot but now she works here so we come by to see her once a while.”



“So that’s why she calls you both Master?” Minzy sipped her drink, nodding. “Why did she stop working for Sehun’s family?”



“His father fired her for getting too friendly with us.” Luhan stirred his straw and smiled bitterly. “That’s why Sehun decided to get an apartment for himself. His father is not the nicest person around.”



“You mean his step father.” Minzy replied.

Luhan was taken aback by her correction and stared at her for a moment.

 

“O-Oh, sorry I didn’t mean to say it like that.” She shook her head.

 

Luhan’s expression was unreadable for a moment but then a tiny smile came back.

 

“Have you talked to Sehun about his family before?”

 

“Not…not much. I only know what his apartment looks like and that his siblings don’t get along with him.”
 

“..You know what his apartment looks like?”

 

Crap. She shouldn’t have said that.


“O-Oh yeah but just because he had to stop by once to pick up something he forgot.” Minzy answered as casually as she could.

 

“I see.”

 

For a second she thought Luhan was glaring at her but it must’ve been her imagination, for he was smiling big the next second when Emi came back to the table with a big variety of mini cakes and fruit tarts on her tray.



“Please let me know how you like them, Miss Minzy.”

 

Minzy smiled back and nodded before whipping her phone out to take a picture of how perfectly cute and well decorated the sweets were.



“I’ve never seen desserts that look so much like they do in anime!” She exclaimed. “This is amazing.” She grinned.



“Right? And they taste as good as they look. Try some of this.” Luhan cut a small piece of a lemon tart with his fork and put it near .

 

“Wh-What?” Minzy stuttered.

 

She hadn’t expected him to want to feed her all of a sudden. Heck, he didn’t seem like someone who would do something like this even in private. They were in a public place, and a waitress that he knew well was still standing there, watching them aswell.

 

“It’s really good.” He insisted.

 

To prevent it being awkward, Minzy opened and ate the tart, blushing profusely and trying to compose herself properly. Fortunately the taste of the tart helped distract her.

“Wow! It’s delicious, really!” She exclaimed, taking her own fork and cutting off another piece to have.


“Thankyou very much Miss Minzy.”

 

“I sort of want to take away some for my roommates at home” Minzy smiled, about to get up from her seat.



“Don’t worry, I’ll go and pick a good one.” Luhan pat her head, getting up himself to head to the counter.

 

Minzy was about to try something else to eat when she realised Emi was still standing there at their table, and now she was looking at her with a concentrated face.

 

“Is something…the matter?” Minzy frowned.
 

“Oh sorry, I was just thinking about something.” The waitress chuckled. “I haven’t seen Master Luhan look so bright in such a long time. I was worried for a while because he had stopped coming here with Master Sehun, The last 2 times Luhan came by, he was alone which was very rare. so I feared they were not speaking. I am happy to see that he’s quite lively around you though, Miss Minzy.”



Minzy wasn’t quite sure how to process what Emi said, but she was going to take it as a compliment. However, the part about Sehun made her feel a little confused.

 

Did these 2 stop hanging out with each other?

 

“They are best friends though, aren’t they?” Minzy mumbled out loud. “All the times that I’m with Sehun, he never forgets to mention Luhan.”


Emi hummed at Minzy’s thoughts and stared after Luhan.



“Maybe they both found something they like. And now they are fighting over it.”

 

“Excuse me?” Minzy tilted her head to the side. “What do you mean by that?”


“Hm?” Emi widened her eyes. “Oh, it’s nothing. Don’t listen to me. I hope your roommates like the desserts, Miss Minzy!”


The waitress hurried away before Minzy could ask her again what she meant, and Luhan came back to the table by that point.



“I made sure that it’ll be freshly baked by the time we get out of here.” He gave her a thumbs up.

 

 “Hello?” He waved his hand in front of her face when she didn’t reply.

 

“What?” Minzy blinked.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Luhan smiled lightly. “You look a little puzzled.”
 

Minzy stared off in Emi’s direction for a moment before looking back at Luhan.

 

“It’s nothing.” She shook her head, digging into the strawberry shortcake.

 

 

 

 

 

 

******************************

“Woman, you should really pick up my calls.”



“I’m sorry Oppa, I was out having fun.” Minzy chuckled as she entered her bedroom. “How was the meeting?”


“Boa said we are planning to have 1 or 2 big group performances, and then anyone in the team is free to pitch in any original choreography ideas and concepts for her to approve and you can go on stage. Pretty cool huh?” Youngbae explained.

 

“That’s awesome! Will you be coming up with anything?” Minzy jumped onto her bed.

 

“Yes and I wish you could help me.” Youngbae sighed. “You’re gonna be so busy Minz.”

 

“Huh? Why can’t I help you?” Minzy laughed. “I mean I know I concentrate a lot on my studies but I’m interested in putting my 2 cents into the event this time.”



“Yeah, but Boa already grouped some of us up to work on different styles and concepts together. I’m working with Zelo and Jongup but I still want you to come If you have time !”

 

“Of course I will. So, did she group me up aswell?” Minzy was curious to see what group she would be in. “You know, I’d love to work with Taemin sunbae. I haven’t talked to him since before he started dancing.”



“I’m sure he will want to talk to you too, after being indirectly rejected.” Youngbae chuckled when Minzy groaned at his comment. “You’re with Sehun of course. Didn’t he talk to you about it?”


“No?” Minzy frowned. “You mean Sehun AND Kai right?” Minzy was not surprised by Boa’s choice, since the girl had noticed them dancing a lot together lately.

 

“Nope, just Sehun. Kai is doing a solo piece. Good for you eh?”



Minzy could almost imagine Youngbae winking her at teasingly through the phone.

 

“And… what style?” She bit her lip, hoping it wasn’t what she was thinking. Boa always observed dancer’s personal styles well and of course she knew Minzy’s aswell.

“A couple’s urban dance. Boa said both you and Sehun would pull off a good show if you combined your ideas together.”

 

“Wait, don’t I have the say the agree or disagree to this grouping? What If I want to work with someone else?”



“Sehun was at the meeting today and agreed for both of you when Boa proposed the idea…. he really didn’t tell you anything?”

 

“Not at all.” Minzy sighed, rubbing her forehead. “There he goes again, making decisions without me knowing.”

 

“Yikes. Anyway I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

When Youngbae hung up Minzy tossed her phone aside, lying down and staring at the ceiling.

 

 

She hadn’t performed on stage in quite a long time and she was supposed to be excited, but she couldn’t get hyped just yet.

 

 


Singing a song for the first time, but together with her Prince Luhan?

 

 

Or finally being able to showcase her love for urban choreography together with Sehun?

 

 

Somehow, it didn’t feel like she was picking between singing and dancing, but something entirely different.

 

 

**************************

A/N: Hi my subbies, how are you?!

Okay first update of the new year LOL….next chapter we get to see Sehun again so apologies If you’re only here for him but you should be happy for Luhan too! XD Minzy is such a two timer with feelings and she’s wavering heaps pshhhh. Do you think she should just accept to do both performances? :’) We shall see. IU also comes back next chapter and hey did you notice who Luna said her boyfriend was? O:

With the new year starting I am feeling much better but am busy as usual but I’m trying to find time to write a couple pages whenever I find some free time ^^ Hope you stay.

Thanks to commenters:


1_am_twisted
alcyonne
Missyouwannabe
lita1s


 

ALSO BEEP BEEP ***NEW STORY*** ALERT!!!!

I started a short story (I’m sorry lol) and our main characters are Baekhyun and Taeyeon because I ship Baekyeon, agree or disagree with me idc :’) But click below becase it’s fluff, it’'s cute and it’s got me excited. PLEEEEEASE go subscribe to it and leave me a comment because it needs some love <3

That Boy Baekhyun