Strange Thoughts

Perfect, Beautiful, Exotic

Luhan P.O.V

'Are you ready for your performance?' My friend Xiumin patted my back gently. I was currently backstage 2 acts before my performance at one of my music club's events. It was an extra curricular activity I sometimes took part in, and it gave me the chance to showcase my voice. It was my 6th time performing with the club since I joined 2 years ago and I had gotten used to it by now. The performance was always held at one of the auditoriums at SM Uni but there had never been a full house. 

'Yeah, I just hope I don't screw up the bridge part of the song.' I grinned at him. Kim Minsoek(his real name) was the other close friend I had after Sehun and Kai. He was interested in music as well, but he didn't actually properly study it. He was completing a commerce degree but joined the music club and takes part as a backup singer and guitar player. 

'The crowd is probably one of the biggest we have today. I guess Sehun helped out with the promotions this time though.' Minseok smiled. 

'That guy. Now the crowd is filled with more giddy girls than there are people who actually appreciate music. I told him not to promote at his new Uni.' I shook my head and smiled. 

'Well, I guess they appreciate your looks and voice.' Xiumin shrugged his shoulder. 'It's good for our club anyway. you should be glad Sehun did this as a favor for you.'

'Well I didn't ask him to. But I guess he just enjoys seeing me struggle to walk around with giggling girls staring at me.' I laughed dryly. 

'Maybe it's his silent way of trying to get you to find a girl you like. Who knows?' Xiumin shrugged before turning around. 'I'm gonna head out to the side and join the guys so I can see you on stage. Goodluck!' 

'Cheers.' I called before turning my attention back to my lyrics. Suddenly I felt my pocket vibrate and I whipped my phone out to check my notifications, and then I saw a new text message I received from Minzy.

'Hey Luhan...I got caught up at work and I'm on my way now to the event. Have you performed already? ><'

-Minzy

I smiled softly before replying. 

'Hey :) Not yet, but I'll be up pretty soon. Hopefully you can catch it.'

-Luhan

I felt a little bad that she may not be able to hear me sing, since I knew she was looking forward to it. But she could always wait until the next event. Or scrap that, I'll probably just ask her to come with the guys and me to Karaoke after. 

'Luhan, get ready. You're up real soon.' One of the members in my club called. I let out a small breath and pumped my fist to myself before heading towards the standby area. 

'You got this.' I whispered to myself like I always do. I was standing behind the curtain waiting for the previous act to finish. When it did, the audience applauded and I was rubbing my hands together, actually starting to feel more nervous this time. Perhaps because the crowd cheering seemed to be louder than any other time our club has performed. Our club president Seungri who was always the MC, started talking to the audience and I patiently waited on the side of the stage where I couldn't be seen. 

'Following our wonderful band's rock performance, we're gonna slow things down a little with a ballad for our next performance! Many of you in the audience must know his soothing voice, and he's back to sing a very famous song that lots of you are familiar with. Any 'Secret Garden' fans out there?!' Seungri asked, making people cheer and roar 'YES' at him, although it was mainly girls from what I heard. I knew it.

'Then I'd like to welcome one of our very well known talented singers, who will be singing 'That Man' from the drama 'Secret Garden.' Give it up foooooor Luhan!!!!' Seungri shouted to the audience, and the cheer was exceptionally loud. The guy really knew how to hype a crowd. I let out a big breath and took the micrphone the staff gave me and slowly walked onto stage, already hearing my friends and a lot of girls shout out my name. 

'LUHAN!!!!!!'

'GO LUHAN!!! YOU'RE SO HOT!!!'

'WOOOO ROCK IT BRO! GO LU!!!' 

I flipped my head towards the direction where that last cheer came from and flashed a smile towards my friends who were giving me the thumbs up. I also heard some girls squeal next to them when I smiled but they must've thought the smile was for them. Oh well.

My accompanist who was actually Lay, sat by the piano next to me. I signalled him to start and began playing.

-----

AFTER THE PERFORMANCE

'You were great bro!!' 

'I got those feels right here.'

'Probably one of my favourite acts of the day.'

'Thanks guys.' I grinned at my friends who crowded around me backstage after the show. 'So, we up for a little dinner soon then? Should we get going soon?'

'Gotta wait. Sehun's not here yet.' Chanyeol shook his head.

'Oh yeah.' I suddenly scanned the room quickly. 'Where'd he run off to?'

'He's still sitting in the audience with that dancer girl of his and she looked upset. Seemed like a lover's quarrel so we stayed out.' Kris remarked.

'That's not his girlfriend. That's just Minzy.' Kai corrected, and everyone suddenly turned their heads towards him. 'What??'

'How can she not be Sehun's girlfriend when she's...well talking to him? At your party they were basically stuck to each other.' Jongdae commented. 

'But she DID call Lu a prince and all. Don't you guys remember?' Baekhyun suddenly spoke. 'Where'd she come from anyway?'

I mentally laughed at the confusion before I replied. 'She's a girl he and Kai met at Seoul Uni. We've hung out a few times, even with Chanyeol too.' 

'Yeah, and her hot friend CL.' Chanyeol grinned, earning a weird look from Kris.

'Anyways, we'll just wait for them to come here and then we can head to dinner.' Lay smiled before sitting down, followed by most of the guys.

'Kai, do you mind asking Minzy and Sehun to come backstage? I'm...scared to go out there.' I shuddered. 

'Yeah, I wouldn't want fangirls to hover around me either. I got it.' Kai saluted me before walking out of the room. I started packing up backstage for a few minutes until I saw Minzy and Sehun enter the room, but they didn't seem to look very peppy. Nevertheless, I smiled big and waved. 

'Hey! How'd you enjoy the show?' I asked. 

'It was great hyung. Perfect as always. You owe me one for the extra fangirls by the way.' Sehun nodded at me. 

'I didn't ask for it but sure. I'll shout you dinner tonight.' I rolled my eyes. 'The extra cheers really did give me more encouragement afterall.' 

I glanced over at Minzy whose expression was neither a smile or a frown. 'Hey Minzy.' I smiled lightly.

'Hey.' She muttered and I saw her force a smile. I tilted my head slightly before I gestured to Kai to leave me and Sehun alone. He got the message and quickly tapped the girl on the shoulder.

'I'll properly introduce you to our friends again over there. Let's go.' He said before leading her off into the other direction. I watched as they walked off far enough for me to start questioning Sehun.

'What happened?' I started straight away. Sehun let out a heavy sigh before scratching his neck.

'We got into a stupid argument and she's pissed off at me.' He shrugged.

'What'd you do Sehun-ah?' I crossed my arms and lightly smiled when I saw him pouting. It was always fun to see his reaction whenever he thought I was mad at him. He bit his lip slightly before shoving his hands into his pockets. 

'She couldn't make it in time to see your song, and I just gave her a hard time about it. But she claimed the reason she was late was because it was my fault. So we started fighting....' He trailed off, looking at me for a reaction.

'Was that all?' I stifled a laugh and sighed in relief. 'I thought it would've been something worse. So she's upset because she missed my performance?' I asked. 

'That, and the fact that I'm apparently an 'insensitive jerk'.' Sehun raised his fingers up and made uotation marks.

'Not hard to believe, considering you and her friendship.' I stuck my tongue out at him. 'I'll fix it.' I pat his shoulder before heading over to my fangirl

'Minzy.' I called to her and she turned around. She walked towards me while she played with her nails.

'Uh..I g-guess Sehun told you.' She mumbled, avoiding eye contact. 'I'm so sorry I missed your performance Luhan.' Her head hung down. I smiled before leaning over and lifting her head up and just as I expected, she blushed like crazy.

'It's okay if you missed it. I'm still happy you tried to make it.' 

'Wha...Wha..I...Can you let go of me ? You're making me die Luhan.' She avoided my stare and pouted. 

'Kawaii.' I grinned, and she looked at me with widened eyes. 

'What??'

'It means cute. Calm down.' I laughed.

'I know what it means, I studied Japanese.' She replied. 'But I'm not kawaii.' 

'I think you are. Honestly.' I grinned. 'Anyway before you tell me you're gonna melt again, do you wanna join us for some karaoke and dinner later? I can sing for you then.' I suggested.

'Are you sure I can? I don't want to intrude....' She sighed. 'And karaoke isn't the same as a performance...I'm really bummed.' She looked down at the ground and sighed again. It gave me a moment to study her expression and it made me realise. She really did feel upset that she missed hearing me sing. 

'So...what happened between you and Sehun?' I asked, hoping she'd be okay talking about it.

'Oh, that insensitive jerk?' She looked at me and puffed her cheeks. 'I'm not talking to him until he apologises to me. It's enough I only arrived after your performance, but he gave me a hard time for the rest of the show.' 

'What did he do?' I furrowed my eyebrows. 

'Long story. I'll just say he was his usual self.' She waved her hand around dismissingly. 

'Well I hope you guys make up before the end of tonight. Sehun over there looks pretty upset.' I gestured towards my best friend who sat in the corner staring into the air.

'He'll be fine. I'll forgive him.....sometime.' She laughed. 'So..we're all going to dinner?' 

'Yeah, with me and my friends. Hope you don't mind being the only girl. You've met most of them at Kai's party but let me know which ones you didn't talk to and I'll intro them later.' 

'Well...I know Kai, Lay, Chanyeol, Baekhyun Kris and oh. Sehun.' She scrunched her face up at the last name.

'Okay, so over there the two guys talking by the dressing table are Chen and Xiumin. The guy hanging around Kris by the door is Tao, and you can probably recognise him the easiest next time you see him, since he has such a distinctive face.' I pointed towards my friends in the room.

'Well how about the one currently talking to Kai with the really...woah really big eyes.' Minzy opened in awe.

'Oh, that's Kyungsoo, but just call him D.O He's also a guy that sings but he's with a different music club. And the last one that's currently tying his shoelaces next to him is Suho.' 

'A lot of extra names to remember.....wow.' Minzy nodded her head slowly. 'Well, if I'm gonna be seeing them more often, It can be done. But uh...I guess I might skip your invitation because....Sehun is currently trying to kill me with his death stare.'

'Oh come on, that's just him being childish.' I glanced at Sehun and then back at Minzy, shaking my head dismissingly. 'I want you to come.' I leaned my face closer towards her. 'Okay?' 

'Ye..yeah okay I'll come but.... just move your face away please..' She backed away and stumbled, nearly falling backwards. 'Stop teasing me you.'

'No. It's too much fun.' I shook my head and laughed.

----

During dinner, Minzy pretty much got along with the guys so it was a pleasant dinner. She still refused to forgive Sehun but they started bickering at each other again, so it was all good. After dinner, we all decided to go and watch a movie so we headed to a local cinema. At the lobby area, everyone was hanging around checking out the movie posters and discussing what to watch. 

'Comedy themed tonight guys?' Chanyeol suggested and half of us cheered. I saw Minzy as she was eyeing a different movie poster and I gulped when I saw the title. 

The abandoned skeleton.

'You like horror movies?' I asked, approaching her. She turned her head to me and nodded enthusiastically. 

'Call me weird but I prefer gory movies over romance.' She covered her face in embarassment. 'Is that off putting?'

'No..it's not.' I replied unsurely, but she seemed to notice it.

'So it IS off putting?' She looked at me with sad eyes, and I quickly shook my head.

'It's not. I just found it surprising, that's all.' I scratched my head. 'Well..I guess I'm just not a fan of them myself....but I do watch them sometimes when Sehun drags me.'

'Sehun likes gory movies too?' She asked nonchalantly, and I smiled when I saw her face light up. 'Anyway...I think I might grab a taxi and head home. It's getting late and I have to work on my assignment.' 

'Oh...do you really have to go?' I subconsciously pouted. 'Do you need a ride home?'

'A ride in your car?' She widened her eyes. 'A-Alone...?'

'Yeah why not?' I titled my head and smiled. 'The taxi will be expensive. I'd settle for a free car ride home. A free car ride home with someone you idolise.' I added, winking.

'F-Fine....but only on the condition you don't wink at me anymore tonight.' She waved a hand in front of my face.

'Deal.' I grinned. 'I'll just let the guys know I'm skipping out on the movie.'

 

 

'You don't have to walk me to my door...' Minzy mumbled when we exited my car. 

'It's the least I can do considering you couldn't see my performance.' I replied.

'That wasn't even your fault though. But...thanks.' She nervously smiled at me. 

When we reached her door she turned slowly to face me, but quickly hung her head low.

'Thanks for inviting me to dinner, it was great. Uh...Hopefully...' She lifted her face up. 'I can see you perform next time.'

'Maybe I should give you a solo performance.' I tilted my head slightly and grinned as she displayed a mix of shock and excitement. 'Nah, maybe Sehun should put on a solo performance of dancing for you instead.' I teased. 'Well, I'll see you around.'

I my heel and stepped once before I quickly felt a tug on my arm that pulled me back. I turned around and looked at Minzy, surprised because she had a firm grip on my wrist.

'Can you....tell him I'm sorry?' She spoke quietly, looking at me with a mix of hope and uncertainty.

'Uh....sure. If you want me to.' I stammered, still alarmed at her sudden boldness. I studied her face for a moment and realised, she really was prettier than I thought when I met her. She had beautiful eyes and her cheeks were adorable.

'L-Luhan?' She stuttered, breaking me out of my concentraton. 'Is there something on my face?' She started slapping around her cheeks.

'Sorry.' I cleared my throat. 'I'll let him know. Maybe you should call him if you feel bad though.'

'No..it's too much like trying for him. Just..let him know okay?' Minzy nodded at me. 'I know it'll bother me if he's still angry.' She sighed.

I looked at her for another moment.

'Are you sure you don't like Sehun?' I asked, and she wildly shook her head. 

'I told you, there's nothing there.' She confirmed.

'I see. Well, good night princess.' I winked and ran back to my car before she could say anything else. As I pulled out of the neighbourhood and drove off, there was a lingering thought left in my mind.

 

I wonder why I felt a little relieved when she said she didn't like Sehun.

Strange..

---

 

A/N: Yeah so I completely changed what this chappy was supposed to be cos i found this scenario to be much more cuter YAY! Keep dropping those comments people ~ I'm feeling much better today compared to yesterday when I was freaking down and just deflated. It's amazing what even just one person's  comment of encouragement can do ^^

God I keep getting writer's block here. Help me out guys :(

 

Way too excited to post the new fanfic(with the multiple characters) omg lol and atm I'm comtemplating whether or not to write a Sehunzy oneshot. Maybe if I get enough ideas and comments that want me to lol xD