Better days

Perfect, Beautiful, Exotic

Credits to babynaekkeoya for the poster and background! ^^ good friend of mine, go check the works!

 

It felt just like I was back in the dance rooms at Uni, where we sometimes put on dance circles for fun except I was more determined than ever to show my skills here at this party and I could feel myself getting fired up at just the cheers from the anticipating crowd. (Prince Luhan included of course.) My roommates, the big group of guys we just met, and a few others including Zelo and Jongup formed a huge circle around Kai, Sehun and I. The guy Chanyeol who I met a while ago was in charge of the music, and it looked like the shorter guy(I think Baekhyun) was trying to argue on what song to pick.

'Should we go easy on her hyung?' Sehun tapped Kai's shoulder while smirking at me, clearly intending for me to hear his question. Kai chuckled at this and shook his head at Sehun disapprovingly while he started stretching out his neck and giving me the thumbs up. Seriously, how does Sehun manage to have nice friends? Or just friends?

'Minzy noona! Fighting!!'

'Mingkii, you got this. Show them what you got!'

I grinned at my roommates and dance friends who cheered me on from behind.

'So....loudest cheers win?' Sehun held his hand at his ear while calling out to our crowd, and they all responded with 'yeah's and 'woo's and I even heard a 'Shut up Sehun' which I laughed at.

'Don't you think it's a little unfair? Maybe we should do votes at the end?' Kai sugested.

'It's just for fun. I don't mind.' I smiled.

'No Mingkki it's not just for fun!!' I heard. Turning around, I saw Bom looking at me with her eyes wide and glancing to the other side of the crowd, trying to tell me something. My eyes set themselves on Luhan who was busy chatting to Lay. He started to smile and laugh at something Lay said, and that's when I looked back at Bom and nodded. Yup, I wanted to win.

'You sure cheers?' Sehun raised his eyebrows at me.

'I'm totally fine.' I rolled my eyes.

'Chanyeol hyung, first song.'

Immediately, a random song came up and everyone was piped up. Sehun and Kai started running around the circle, clapping to make everyone to cheer for them before they returned to the center and started dancing together.

(From 1:34)

Maybe it was because I liked Kai's atitude towards me more than Sehun, but I found his dancing to be a lot more cleaner. Still, they both looked pretty neat, and I was wondering what style I would compete with. Ending their part with a cool pose(well only Kai looked cool, Sehun just stood up like an idiot), everyone including my friends cheered loudly and I bit my lip slightly, wondering If I could really win. Glancing around, the praises Kai and Sehun were already receiving, I started to worry until I locked eyes with Luhan for just a second, who gave me a discreet thumbs up and he mouthed the words 'fighting'. Immediately, I waved my hand in the air to Chanyeol to change the song. I was ready.

'Shiiiit, she's not bad, really!!'

'MINGKKI MINGGKI MINGKKI!!!'

I ended my little solo with a little hair flick and grinned because I knew the cheers for my part were much louder. Probably because I like to use my body waves and my a lot, but I was good at it so whatever. I stole a look at Luhan who had his mouth open, clapping at me and I couldn't have been happier, the desire to beat Sehun starting to disappearing. However it didn't last long when I saw Sehun clapping mockingly at me, although Kai was grinning big and seemed to like my style.

Sehun walked up close to me and leaned over to whisper in my ear.

'Hm..so you have a y style as well. Not bad, but I can do y too.' He backed away and pushed Kai to the side before he started dancing again, this time alone.

I had to admit though. This time round he was better that the first but I wasn't gonna lose.

'I'll show you how it's done.' I cocked my head sideways and flapped my hands dismissingly at him.

 

'MINZY! MINZY! MINZY!'

Shouts all throughout our little crowd, even from Kai who shouted for me.

'Daebak!'

‘Wow! No need to change the song, this chick wins hands down!’ Chanyeol commented before I saw the shorter guy Baekhyun slap him in the stomach, taking the ipod away and changing the song to a random pop song everyone could dance to. The circle suddenly dispersed and I was about to join in when I felt a hand pat my head.

‘I approve. Smooth work, you really know how to work the body.’ I turned around and saw Lay before he gave me a quick fist bump.

Meanwhile, my main opponent Sehun had his back faced to me but based on the slumped shoulders, I could tell he wasn’t feeling too good about the crowd, including his friends, that suddenly became my fans. I walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder, making him turn around.

‘Have anything to say to me?’ I tilted my head slightly, smiling big.

‘Mmm. You won.’ He mumbled, not bothering to look me in the eye.

‘Gee, how unsatisfying. I didn’t think you’d be a sore loser.’ I giggled, trying to push him a little.

‘Speak for yourself. You get unhappy whenever I tell you your dance needs work.’ He suddenly flicked my forehead.

‘Hey!’ I touched my injured spot.

‘y style. Do it more often.’ He stuck his tongue out at me.

‘Byuntae.’ I muttered under my breath.

‘Sehun-ah, you should at least tell her properly that you thought her dance was amazing.’

I watched as Luhan placed his hand over Sehun’s shoulder, and I wondered why I felt jealous for a second. Oh wait, but he just complimeted me?!

‘Hyung, don’t.’ Sehun groaned, and then when Luhan pinched his cheeks, I felt jealous again. The ?

‘What Sehun really means is that he was both surprised and blown away by your dancing. It really was awesome though. I had my bets on you from the start.’ He grinned. God, kill me now.

‘T-thankyou….’ I scratched my neck nervously, looking away.

‘How do you do that?’ Sehun raised his eyebrow at me.

‘What?’ I glared. Thanks for ruining my fangirl time.

‘Girls who dance like that don’t have the little girl reaction you’re having right now at compliments.’

Well excuse me for the effort I put in to be conscious and not faint while being in the Prince’s presence.

‘When did you become such a critic?’ Luhan interjected.       

‘It’s fine. I get it all the time from other people anyway. Uh…my personality and my dance style are kind of different to each other…’ I laughed awkwardly. ‘L-Luhan-ssi, do you perhaps have any interest in dancing?’

‘Yeah, I do. I’m a part of Lay’s team.’

‘Wait seriously?! That’s amazing.’ My eyes widened.

‘Yeah, but since we always wear masks and hats, people can’t really see our faces. So it’s likely you wouldn’t recognise any of us.’

Sehun, who had been mumbling random words to himself for a while, unlocked himself from Luhan’s arm and pointed at me.

‘Speaking of recognising faces, could you show me that photo?’ He turned to the prince. ‘Lu hyung, she’s got her wallpaper set on this photo that looks exactly like-‘

‘Sehun, why don’t we go get a drink?’ I quickly cut in.

‘Why?’ He raised his eyebrows at me, starting to smirk again.

‘I’m feeling tired from the dance-off, let’s go cool down.’ I put on a fake smile. ‘Sorry, Luhan-ssi, but I’ll borrow him for a bit.’ I yanked Sehun’s arm, pulling him away while biting my lip. I pulled him towards the quieter area that Luhan led me to earlier.

‘What’s this? I thought we were going for a drink. Why do you suddenly want to be alone with me?’ Sehun stifled a laugh.

‘Oh shut up, you cocky bastard!’ I quickly let go of his arm.

‘Gee, what a character change.’ He gasped mockingly. ‘Just because I was going to embarrass you in front of the guy you admire.’

‘Wha-‘

‘I’m not dumb.’ He rolled his eyes. ‘I know you're one of the stalkers. You don't need to explain it to me, geez.'

‘No!’ I waved my hands around frantically, trying to explain myself but I just kept flailing around.

‘Save it. Just take it off the wallpaper on your phone if you plan on being friends with him.'

I frowned to myself. He has stalkers??

‘It’s normal for him. He’s like one of those ulzzang boys who everyone talks about. Anyway look. I won’t tell him you’re one of the stalkers. Now, that drink?' Sehun started to walk off in the direction of the kitchen already,

‘Oh uh….okay.’ I nodded and followed aimlessly.

----

'WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN OH MY GOD!' I shook Luna's arm as soon as she arrived in class.

‘Woah woah hang on a sec, woman!’

‘Unnie, you have no idea how eventful the weekend, and just the whole of first week was. Seriously! You haven’t contacted me since Friday! I’ve been calling you nonstop!’

‘I lost my phone, chill!’ She rolled her eyes at me. ‘One thing at a time. What was so eventful?’

‘Too many things.’ I slammed my hands on the table, earning some weird looks around the room. ‘How can you tell me to chill and why would YOU chill after losing your phone?’

‘It’s in my house somewhere….on silent and probably dead right now.’ She sighed. Well, it was understandable actually. Her house is freaking huge, maybe just a tiny bit smaller than Kai’s, but pretty much the same all together.

I rested my head and arms on the table before I looked into the distance and sighed.

‘Unnie, I met him.’

‘Cute guy?’

‘No, I met him.

‘Him? Wait, you don’t mean…’

‘Yes. Luhan! I met Luhan.’

‘Did you approach him on the bus or something?’

‘No, he was at that party Chae unnie dragged me to. The party you bailed on?’

‘Well can you blame me? I had things to do other than chase boys and drink.’ She pointed to her folder, which had her jam packed schedule stuck on it.

‘Anyway, beside the point. You met him!!! Got his number?’

‘Tch. No, of course not. I can’t work that fast.’ I grumbled, pressing my head into the desk more. ‘But I have Sehun’s number…’ I muttered, subconsciously rolling my eyes.

‘Sehun? What?’

‘Oh sorry. He’s this new guy I met through dance. Turns out he’s friends with my prince, coincidence much.’

‘What? So that’s great! You got to talk to this Luhan guy then? Minji, you’ve been raving about this guy for how long and now I actually understand why I’m gonna see all these voicemails and messages when I find my phone.' Luna nudged me.

'....Why do you kinda seem upset?’ She frowned when she saw my pout.

‘Because I’m a stalker.’ I moaned.

‘Yeah, I think we established that the day you drew your first real life drawing of him while you described what he was wearing some random day last year.’

‘That’s not it! And what the hell, you and your memory.’ I scrunched up my face. ‘The bad thing is, the guy ACTUALLY has stalkers. And the other thing is Sehun thinks I’m one of them.' I grumbled.

‘That’s no surprise. And you are. Accept it.’

‘Seriously? That’s all you have to input?’ I shot my head up and narrowed my eyes at my friend. ‘Can’t I least hear one of your comforting but fake ‘It’s okay, you’re not a stalker’ lines?’

‘Oh, so you know they’re fake. And I thought my acting was pretty good…’ Luna pouted. ‘But what does it matter that this Sehun guy thinks you’re one of the stalkers?’

‘Weren’t you listening to me? He’s friends with the guy! Best friends apparently…’ I banged my head back onto the desk. ‘Life is over…’ I closed my eyes and made sounds that made me sound like I was crying.

‘Wow…..’ Luna poked my cheek with her fun. ‘Oh wait, but didn’t you see the prince on the bus this morning?’

‘I did but I didn’t want him to recognise me! I wore my mask and chucked my sunglasses on for the entire ride.’

‘So much for meeting him outside of the bus context.’

‘Thanks for close captioning my pain, .’

‘You’re welcome. Oh look, lecturer’s here. Get up girl.’ She nudged me on my waist, making me jerk weirdly and get up. through the lesson, I couldn't concentrate at all, and it was ironic how Luna and I had swapped roles a week ago, when I was the one telling her to pay attention. I thought back to the party on the weekend and subconsiously started scribbbling on my notes.

I know Sehun said he wouldn't tell Luhan, but I barely knew him and I didn't trust him one bit, considering all I get from him is the attitude and behaviour for a douche. Maybe I could get close to the guy? Man, I wish I asked for Luhan's number. Not that we got to talk much after I pulled Sehun away. Why did Chae have to get so drunk anyway? Forcing the rest of us roommates to have to go home early and take care of her. I reckon If I had stayed longer, Luhan totally would've asked for my number. Oh my god, I can't even imagine at what level I'll drop my phone If I were to ever receive a text or call from him.

As if on cue, my phone buzzed in my pocket and I whipped it out of my pocket.

 

'Oi, when do you finish today, stalker?'

-Sehun

Already a new nickname Stalker...ugh.

'Yeah. Afternoon. What do you want so early in the morning byuntae -.-'

-Minzy

 

'Oh, so I have a nickname too. Dancing today?

Sehun

 

'Yeah. On Mondays, I just practise on my own. Will I see you there?'

-Minzy

 

'Someone's keen to see me :P But I'm bringng along someone who's probably keen to see you. Told me he wouldn't mind running into you today, Does the name 'Prince Luhan' ring a bell?

-Sehun

'.' I cursed, earning a nudge from Luna.

'Minji, the lecturer could've heard you!' She whispered while scolding me.

'Sorry.' I replied, then looked back at phone.

'He wouldn't mind running into you today.' I read again.

 

Oh Sehun, you just made me smile like an idiot.

---

'Mingkki, over here!'

'Oh, Chaerin unnie, what is it? I'm on my way to meet someone right now...' I stopped in my tracks and waved at her. Then I noticed the person she was sitting with.

‘Kai?’ I frowned.

‘Hey.’ He waved.

‘You two know each other?’ I tilted my head.

‘From the party duh.’ Chaerin laughed, motioning me to sit with them.

‘I don’t remember you guys really interacting though.’ I commented.

‘She recognised me when I was passing by before so we’re just having coffee together.’ Kai explained. What an odd pair.

‘I just started asking him about his friend Chanyeol. We hit it off really well and I didn’t get his number because…well you know.’ She laughed awkwardly.

‘Because you got drunk and threw all over that Kris guy’s shoes? Yeah.’ I laughed.

‘I’m so sorry for ruining your carpet Kai….’ Chaerin lowered her head down in embarrassment.

‘It’s cool. It was cleaned and fixed almost straight away. Trust me, worse things have happened in my house.’ He laughed.

‘So…Chanyeol?’ I reminded, prodding Chaerin to continue talking about our earlier topic.

‘Oh! That’s right. The guy’s quite a flirt and he’s pretty shameless.’ Yeah, I got that feeling too.

‘But he’s the most interesting guy I’ve met in the last couple of weeks, so I was about to ask Kai about his social status and stuff.’ Trust.

‘Chanyeol hyung doesn’t have a girlfriend if that’s what you mean.’ Kai chuckled. ‘I wouldn’t mind giving you his number, but he gets really sceptical about that stuff so I would set something up for you to run into him again.’

‘Oh then Mingkki!’ Chaerin immediately looked at me. ‘Can you ask your guy Sehun to do something…?’

‘Wait, so you ARE dating Sehun?’ Kai perked up at this and looked at me in question.

‘God no.’ I responded coldly. ‘Guy wouldn’t be a jerk if we WERE together. Not that the thought ever crossed my mind.’

‘I don’t see why not. You’ve only known the guy for a week but he’s interested in you. I can tell.’ Chaerin gave me a knowing grin.

‘Sehun is just a ert who has no respect for me.'

 

‘Who’s a ert now?’

 

Chaerin, Kai and I turned our heads around to see Sehun looking at me with his eyebrows raised.

‘Oh hello byuntae.’ I greeted nonchalantly.

Sehun greased at me for a second before he turned to the figure standing behind him, who I hadn’t noticed till now.

‘Lu, maybe it’s a bad idea after all. You sure you wanted to meet this girl again?’

Luhan, who popped out from behind Sehun’s frame laughed lightly before shaking his head.

‘I’m sure. Hello again Minzy.’ He waved at me. Unknowingly, my mouth was left hanging slightly open and I nodded hastily.

‘Oh….prince…’ I covered my mouth quickly after blurting it out for the second time. ‘Crap, sorry!’

‘There it is again. Prince?’ I heard Kai start to laugh. I looked at Chaerin to save me but she just shook her head at me in amusement that said ‘Sorry kid, you’re on your own.’

‘I like it you know. Most people just call me handsome or cool. Plus, I've always wanted to act out the role of a prince.'

I watched as Luhan slowly bent down on one knee and extended his hand out in front of me.

 

‘Prince Luhan, at your service.’ He winked at me.

 

--

A/N: I'm sorry it took a while...I'm sick, have tests, and I'm sort of out of it lately.

Thanks to new subbies: There were so many of you who joined after last chapter! Thankyou<3

And upvoters! :)