Encounters

Perfect, Beautiful, Exotic

‘One day I swear I’ll catch the bus with you.’ Luna slumped into the seat next to me. Her hair was messy and uncombed, making me assume she slept in this morning and had to rush to Uni to avoid being marked absent. I watched as the girl next to me let her hair fall over the desk and she buried her head into her arms, ready to go back to sleep.

‘Yeah, you’ve been saying that ever since you met me, Luna.’ I laughed, sipping on my smoothie.

‘Please tell me that’s coffee and not another one of your healthy smoothies.’ Luna mumbled.

‘You know me. I can’t touch that stuff.’ I shook my head. ‘Sorry, I didn’t pick up a coffee for you today because I figured you’d be on time, considering it’s the first day of classes.’

‘Oh I thought so too. But last night my cousin showed up at my house unannounced and we ended up going to Karaoke until 3 in the morning.....never again.’ Luna groaned. ‘Maybe I should just go home. It’s not like I’m going to learn much today anyway.’

‘You know you can’t do that unnie. The first day of classes is the only time we find out the deadline dates of all of our assignments for this semester. Plus we have to organise our groups if we have any joint assignments. You can’t skip today.’ I reminded, even though I knew it probably wasn’t doing much to help out the headache she was having.

‘I know I know.’ She flapped her hand around to shut me up. ‘You know I can’t stand your cheerfulness so early in the morning Minji-ah.’

‘Mian.’ I sipped onto my drink again. I couldn’t help that I was like this often. The morning is the time when I’m the most alert after all. I subconsciously grinned to myself as I remembered the cute sweater my beautiful creature was wearing on the bus earlier.

‘So I take it you saw Prince charming again today?’

I looked back at Luna’s blank expression, who didn’t seem at all interested in my life for the moment, but who was I to skip this opportunity she gave me?

‘Well!’ I clasped my hands together. ‘About that! Thank god he came on the bus today, since I was scared he might’ve found a different route to Uni for the semester, but fortunately we’re still bus buddies. Oh, he looked as radiant as EVER unnie!!’ I smiled even more. ‘ I think he redyed his hair because it’s actually a lighter brown than it was last semester, and the sweater he wore this morning was red, which totally complimented the awesome hair and everything. Oh and It seems like he changed his phone case as well, because usually he has a simple black case but today he had a-‘

‘That’s great but I was only asking you out of habit. I forget you like to describe him even in the weirdest details.’ She rolled her eyes at me in amusement.
I giggled slightly. ‘You know what makes me most excited after all. Your fault that you asked~’

The entering of the lecturer silenced the room as we waited patiently to begin the session. Luna only had one subject with me, which was all about marketing. Sure it could be boring at times, but I generally found myself loving the subject and learning about how to be smart in the business world. Luna on the other hand was actually pushed to take up this course by her parents so she could get a good job at a bank or something. Although she disliked it, I was thankful her parents pushed her otherwise I probably wouldn’t have met her the same way. She was the first real friend I made here, and not to mention the closest besides my roommates. She still lived with her parents and she also majored in writing music here at Uni. That was definitely something I admired her for. Plus the girl had a terrific voice!

As the lecture began, I diligently started taking down notes while finishing the rest of my breakfast smoothie. I could see Luna also writing notes….or you know…scribbles all over her book. I smirked at her, for she could be such a comical character at times and it was one of the things that made it so fun to be around her. The lecture only ran for an hour and it was a rather stale one, so I guess it was alright that Luna’s snoring could be heard from the few classmates sitting around us. When the lecturer thanked the class for attending, I jabbed my friend in the side who immediately jerked and sat up.

‘Is it over? Yes? Okay good.’ She mumbled.

‘Please clean up that drool so the people who come in here next don’t freak out that there’s a baby running around the campus.’ I joked. Shoving my book back into my backpack, I stood up and made my way over to the door and waited for Luna, who was taking her time in getting herself to wake up.

‘Shoot me now. I actually have the next 3 hours booked up because I paid for extra music classes. Before you say anything about how you think my voice is amazing enough already, it was my parent’s idea and no my voice has yet to reach its peak Minji. And you?’ Luna pointed a finger at me before we walked through the campus grounds.

‘I’ve got 2 hours spare until my economics lecture, so I’m gonna head over to the Art’s department to find an empty room.’ I shrugged. ‘So we’re going the same way.’

‘How can you dance this early in the morning? Doesn’t your body still feel all stiff and retarded?’ Luna asked me.

‘If you dance regularly like me, no.’ I smiled back. ‘Anyway, I’ll see you later.’ I waved at her as we reached her classroom.

‘Sure, I’ll catch up with you after hell!’ She yelled back.

I made my way down towards the underground part of the Arts building and a smile played across my face. I hadn’t been down to the dance area in 2 months and I missed seeing some of the regular students who would take up the same class as me. I peeked through the windows into a few rooms that were filled with students and noticed a few familiar faces from last semester. Pretty good, but I wasn’t a ballet kind of person, though it was cool they were teaching all different types of dance here. I hopped over to the last room on the right at the end of the corridor, which I had found to almost always be empty every time I checked it. I walked in and the lights, before walking to the corner of the room to drop my bag on the floor. Digging out my phone to plug it into the speaker, I put on a nice RnB song and then started stretching in front of the mirrors. A good 10 minutes later, I was ready to just set my ipod on shuffle and dance away until I had to leave. I began my session of stress relief right away.

 

It had probably been about 40 minutes until I started getting a little tired from free styling nonstop. I finally stopped when the next song started playing and walked over to my bag to find my water bottle. As I tilted my head backwards to take in a huge gulp, I took a random glance towards the mirror and noticed a tall figure standing near the door. I immediately stopped drinking and turned around, briefly observing him. Looked well built, seemed pretty attractive from where I was standing from as well. But his face was unfamiliar.

 

‘Um..Hi. You are?’ I asked. The figure tugged a small smile at his lips for a while without answering me as he leaned onto the door comfortably.

‘I’m Minzy. Or Minji.’ I continued, hoping to get a response this time. The figure took the initiative to walk towards me a little and nodded slightly.

‘Nice dancing. You have quite a few techniques there.’ He commented, giving me a tiny thumbs up.

‘Thanks.’ I nodded back, before turning my attention back to the ipod. I heard his footsteps follow me from behind and I waited for him to say the next thing.

‘How long have you been dancing?’

I kept my head faced away from him as I ran through my playlist to find a more upbeat song to play. ‘Since I was a kid. I just take lessons here and there.’ I answered, wondering what he would have to say next.

‘So you’re not a serious dancer then? What a pity.’

I turned around and raised my eyebrow at the man in front of me. His face remained neutral but the faint smile was still there, somehow mocking me.

‘What do you mean serious?’ I questioned.

‘As in you’re not a dance teacher or something? Or perhaps majoring in dance?’

‘Nope….’ I shook my head. Weird questions…though they felt somewhat like compliments.

‘Figures. I guess girls don’t make it as high as guys do.’ He commented.

‘Not necessarily true. At this Uni, there are just as many girl dance teachers as there are guy dance teachers.’ I reasoned, trying not to sound too defensive. The guy simply stifled a laugh before he walked closer towards me, bent down and leaned in to see my face. My frown didn’t disappear because he was too close for comfort, but I took this time to check him out. His eyes were the first thing I noticed, and we had an unintentional staring contest for about 5 seconds. What surprised me the most was his surprisingly sharp jawline. I mean, how can someone’s face look so…flawlessly chiselled?

‘Hey.’ He called, making me divert my gaze back to his eyes. He glanced down and before I could say anything, he took my ipod in his hands then started scrolling up and down at my songs. I stared blankly as he appeared to settle on a song before tapping it. My ears perked up at hearing my favourite Michael Jackson song. He placed the ipod back in my hands before slowly making his way towards the centre of the room. I watched as he immediately started busted out dancing and my mouth fell agape JUST a little bit. The guy had good control of his movements, and seemed to perform them without much effort, still managing to make it look good. I acknowledged this, for there were many people I knew who could dance well but only so many have the ‘it’ factor in them that just lets anyone, even a non-dancer know that they were born with the talent. After a good minute or two, the guy stopped dancing and walked back in my direction, a smirk playing on his face. I realised my mouth must’ve still been open so I fakely coughed and cleared my throat while nodding at him, showing my approval.

‘That was…unexpected.’ I commented.

‘We sort of have the same style. Yours could do with some work though.’ He said, hovering his finger over my phone and pausing the music. I unknowingly scoffed and smiled in amusement, feeling slightly offended. Yes, constructive criticism was always nice to hear, but I didn’t even know the guy and here he was, openly telling me in a not so subtle way that he believes his dancing is better than mine?

‘You haven’t seen me unload.’ I replied, roughly pulling the cord out of my ipod. I shuffled over to my abandoned bag and bent down to pick it up, pulling it across my shoulder. I stood for a moment, checking my reflection in the mirror and I could see the guy just standing there, like as If he had been waiting for me to leave as soon as he came in here. How long had he been watching me anyway? Confirming that he must’ve just been waiting for me to leave the room, I made my way to the door, not before turning my head back and asking my question.

‘What’s your name?’

‘I’ll let you know next time.’ He replied.

‘What If I don’t see you next time?’ I questioned, now cursing myself for even bothering to ask.

‘Trust me, I’ll see you around.’

With that, I made my way outside the room. Quickly glancing at the time on my watch, I groaned a little because I could’ve at least danced for an extra hour or so. There was another empty room available but my mood suddenly wasn’t feeling like dancing anymore, probably because of the weird but strangely attractive guy I just met. I shook the thought off and instead decided to spend the rest of my time doodling in my notebook. I found a random table at the cafeteria nearby and took my things out. Every time I did this, I ended drawing the side profile of my Prince charming….I don’t know. Would you consider this weird? It’s like when you have a celebrity you like, and you do things like show up at fan events, or stick posters of them on your wall. Okay I don’t have posters, but if I had the chance to grab hold of such a thing, I would. Sadly, my beautiful creature didn’t appear to be famous or anything, so there was no hope in getting photos of him. Not that I’d need them to remember what he looked like anyway. There were many things I knew about him already, and I thought it was somewhat impressive and not ‘creepy’, as Luna likes to describe it.

I already knew he was currently studying at SM University, the campus that was about 10 minutes away from Seoul Uni. One morning he happened to be reviewing over a notice of some sort and I noticed the emblem for SM Uni printed on it. Another morning he came onto the bus wearing a shirt with the SM Uni emblem on it as well so I locked that piece of information in. I knew he had a favourite shirt, and a favourite beanie as well, for he wore the same one on many occasions. He seemed to like the colour blue, and boy did it suit him. Another thing about his fashion choice is that he had so many different styles of the same kind of shoe, something I found rather cute.

‘So, he still takes the same bus then?’ A familiar voice broke me out of my train of thought. I looked up and noticed my roommate taking a seat opposite me.

‘Got class now?’ I asked, putting my pencil down. She nodded weakly while taking a sip of her coffee.

‘Your drawing skills have improved in the entire time you’ve known him-uh..I mean, seen him.’ She gestured towards my latest creation of him. ‘And you don’t even take lessons. Maybe you should become one of those artists that paint live things. What are they called?’

‘Don’t remember, and I don’t think so. If he was the model every time though, sure.’ I grinned, resting my head over my notebook. ‘Unnie, you should’ve seen what he was wearing today! He-‘

‘Save all the weird details to Luna okay? You know I zone out when you start talking about a certain someone you don’t even know?’ Chaerin raised her index finger to her lips. I pouted lightly, deciding to pick up my pencil and continue drawing.

‘Oh, by the way. We have to pay our rent a little earlier this month, some weird request we got from the landlord this morning just before you left. No idea why.’ Chaerin rubbed her temples lightly.

‘I’m fine with it.’ I shrugged. ‘Maybe you’re not.’

She nodded in response. Yeah, my mum obviously supported me still even though I saved up heaps on my own. Chaerin however, had no choice but to work part time while studying so she could keep up her share of the rent. Her parents were both living overseas and she actually moved here on her own to study music. I have to give credit to her though. Although she hates her job, she makes for a good If not slightly tough waitress. You’d think someone like this would be a homebody, or at least not go out every weekend. Chae was the complete opposite. She’s the reason we end going to so many parties and events, some weird connections she has with probably 75 percent of the campus, including seniors. This weekend, she’d already been invited to a party and she had encouraged, If not threatened me and our other roommates to go.

‘Come to think of it...we do go to parties that include people from other Unis around here you know…’ I pondered out loud, and Chaerin looked at me in question.

‘I wonder If he’s ever been at one of those parties…’ I mumbled under my breath, but of course she heard it.

‘I doubt you’ve missed your Prince charming Minji.’ Chaerin shook her head.

I beamed at this. ‘Really?’

She nodded. ‘Yeah, because If he had been at any of these parties, you would’ve noticed him in an instant and then become all creepy like you always are.’ She smiled sarcastically, earning a push in the shoulder by me.

‘Shut up!’ I half laughed half yelled.

‘Seriously though…Actually SAY HI to him so I don’t have to face palm every time you talk about this guy as If you’ve known him your whole life.’ She rolled her eyes at me before walking off.

I ended my little sketch with writing the date before putting it away.

 

 

One day...

 

 

 

 

A/N: I'm only updating this now because I'm pretty happy with the turnout of the start of this fanfic...the response was bigger than I thought so I'd like to reward you guys =) Since I'm between 2 stories I'll be updating either weekly or every 2 weeks so please bear with me ! In a month I have holidays for 2 weeks so I can write and update a LITTLE more frequently ^^ So comments!

Also If you're a reader of my Kai/Tae/Minzy fic, you know I credit my subscribers and upvoters every chapter =)

Thanks to the first 20 subscribers!!

 

And thanks to my first 3 upvoters!!

Have a good weekend everyone!! I'm going to to sleep(Just came home from a little drink up and need my beauty sleep) Jalga!