The Bar

Perfect, Beautiful, Exotic

Over the past month and a bit, it had somewhat become routine to meet up with Sehun almost everyday whilst I was at Uni. Our timetables and classes clashed pretty often so we had the same breaks, not that I was happy about it. But we had become a little more closer to being actual friends. I even introduced him to Luna once really briefly but they didn't really get along.

Sometimes Kai and Chaerin would join us for lunch breaks but every time she would always just bore Kai's brain about their friend Chanyeol and sometimes that guy named 'Kris' came into discussion, but I didn't really pay attention, mostly because Sehun wouldn't stop pestering about my obsession with his best friend, slash my big time crush, Luhan. So far I had told him that I was a fangirl of his, to which he asked if I got that picture that he saw off the internet. (Apparently there was a few floating around) I lied and said yes, and upon that there wasn't much except for him calling me a stalker. And fortunately that was jokingly! So I was still safe in terms of other people (besides my close friends) knowing that I had been watching the prince for almost a year now, and that I kept my own collection of drawings of him too. That was a whole story I had to refrain from bringing up with Chaerin, nowadays because we barely got time to talk alone except for at home. (But we were never home at the same time)

Another thing that had been happening lately was that I deliberately stopped taking my usual bus to Uni...because I honestly wasn't ready for Luhan to notice that I always took it.

 

Literally the morning after I gave him my number, I was riding the bus as usual and was waiting for him to get on but then I remembered. It was Luhan. We had already met. He knew my face. But it was too late and he spotted me straight away, a grin stuck across his face and I couldn't say anything as he sat down next to me.  

 

Flashback

 

'Minzy! What are you doing here? You take this bus?' Luhan looked at me.

 

'Uh...yeah..only sometimes though.' I bit my lip slightly. 'Sometimes I take the train.' I smiled lightly, but inside my head I cursed myself because I'd probably have to make that lie become true in the future. 

 

'That's great. Now I don't have to ask Sehun about you so often.' He laughed. 'Do you have Uni this early everyday?'

 

'Not..not all the time, though I like to be early.Uh..What about you?' I shifted as close to the window as I could, but probably failed to be subtle. 

 

'I'm the same I guess. I do extra stuff for my music club for the credit and recommendations in the future. It's to help me. So what is it you do?'

 

'M-Marketing....' I stuttered, playing with my fingers. 'Music must be fun...' I trailed off, unknowingly pouting because I probably sounded boring as.

 

I glanced over at Luhan and snapped my head back the other way when I saw him looking at me.

 

'Music is fun...but it's sort of the reason I have...well fangirls.' He replied casually, probably choosing to ignore my fidgeting, which I was thankful for.

 

'Oh...how exactly did that happen?' I asked, suddenly curious, my head staring the opposite direction.

 

'I sang once for a gig last year and well..I don't want to sound conceited but according to my friends, there were girls who liked my voice so...' He laughed awkwardly. 

 

I couldn't see what his face expression was like, but his tone made me feel like maybe he wished he didn't have fangirls. 

'Do you...' I clenched my fist lightly. 'Do you not like the attention?'

 

'It's not that, but now I feel like I have this image to uphold, and of course I don't want to be mean to them. I have to be nice even when I don't want to be.' 

 

And that last sentence kind of stabbed me. 

 

'Oh...I see.' I muttered loud enough for him to hear. I was going to say something else until suddenly, I felt him place a hand on my shoulder, making me squeal and turn my head to him with eyes as big as saucers.

 

'W-What?' My voice echoed.

 

'Wait, I don't mean all the time, but there are just a few out there who have this fantasy that I'm...well, 'perfect'. 

But you are perfect.

 

I leaned away, signalling him to let go of my shoulder because It was making me freak out. I still felt awkward, because we hadn't managed even one normal conversation without me going weird in the middle of it. He probably took the signal to say something, since I was mute. 

 

'Didn't I tell you? You're a different case, plus you're Sehun's friend. How can I not like you?' 

 

I widened my eyes slightly, before slowly turning to look at him.

 

'T-Thanks.' I smiled, remembering indeed that he seemed to not mind my precense the day before, and at the party.

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

'Why the thinking face?' 

 

'Huh?' I shook my head lightly before turning to the person who appeared beside me. 'Oh...Youngbae. What's up?'

 

'Whatcha doing here in the library at this time, kiddo? Also, you weren't at class much this past week. You taking lessons somewhere else Minji?' He touched his chest, pretending to be hurt, making me laugh.

 

'No that's not it, I've been doing less classes because I'm working on some choreo with a few new friends. You guys miss me dont you?' I grinned.

 

'Well of course we do! Zelo especially has been a little upset because he said he's been seeing you hang out with the new kid, that one who did the partner dance with BoA sunbae?' He winged his eyebrows at me.

 

'Don't look at me like that, he's not my boyfriend or anything.' I rolled my eyes and smiled. 'I promise I'll come back to normal lessons soon.'

 

'Alright I'll take your word for it. But I'll be wrapped when I see you datingarrow-10x10.png soon.' Youngbae stuck his tongue out at me. 'And on that note, here comes that pretty boy now. I'll see you around.' He pat my head briefly before walking off. I didn't get the chance to say bye before I saw Sehun sit beside me, taking Youngbae's seat. 

 

'You're late. What were you doing?' I rested my chin on my hand, raising my eyebrow at him.

 

'What's this? Were you scared I wasn't gonna show up?' He mimicked me, propping his arm on the table and leaning his chin on his hand. 

 

'Your hair looks extra douche-like today.' I commented bluntly, before getting out of my seat. 'Come on, let's get out of here already.'

 

'Kai said he's already at the bar with Chanyeol. So where's your friend?' Sehun followed me out of the building. 

 

'She called me before and said she'd meet me there. You mind if we stop by my apartment? I wanna get changed.' 

 

We reached Sehun's cararrow-10x10.png, then I hopped into the passenger seat and he started driving. 

 

'What's wrong with what you're wearing? It's hot.' He glanced at me slightly, and I rolled my eyes.

 

Oh yeah. One thing I had learned about Oh Sehun was that he was so blunt and seemingly honest with his opinions, he'd nonchalantly compliment me, but they were always compliments that made me confirm he really was a player, and of course a ert.

 

'Oh, and I asked Luhan hyung to stop by if he wanted to. So I guess you should wear something more revealing huh?' He teased, and if it weren't for finding out that I might get the chance to see my prince, I would've jabbed Sehun in the chest. 

 

'Oh..Lu-Luhan is coming?' I asked, my pitch unintentionally rising. 'How is he...?'

 

'He's fine. But haven't you been talking to him at all? He mentioned he saw you once or twice on his bus.' Sehun smirked. 'I saw you that one time as well.' 

 

I bit my lip upon remembering how I stupidly thought I could hide myself when I saw Sehun on the bus with Luhan that one time.   

 

'I'm surprised you don't have his number yet. Crazy stalkers are always looking for that first.' 

 

'I DO have his number!' I shot back, maybe a little too hasty. 'And he asked for it mind you.' I shot Sehun a little glare. 

 

'Oh, congratulationsarrow-10x10.png.' He said dryly. 'We're here, hurry and change.' 

 

-----

 

St. Claire's Bar

 

So what was the plan for the night? Since Chaerin wouldn't stop going on about how hot she thought that Chanyeol guy was, Kai decided he'd finally organise a night for us all to hang out together so she could use it as an excuse to see him again. I didn't know what she saw in him, especially because she was pretty tipsy when she first met him. But hey, good for her right?

 

So here we were, chilling at the bar our fellow roommate Dara worked at, and I was sitting with Kai at our booth, while we let Chaerin and Chanyeol sit alone at the bar where Dara was probably listening into their conversation and making sure the guy wasn't a jerk. It somehow didn't become a group thing, and we just let the two sit alone. Sehun had left not too long ago to pick up Luhan from the station nearby, and I was having a drink with Kai.

 

'So Kai, you're singlearrow-10x10.png too? You don't have a girlfriend?' I asked, sipping my cocktail. Up until now, we had only talked purely about our dancing, and hadn't actually gotten to know that much about each other. 

 

'Nah I haven't had one for a while, but there is a girl I met in my new music class that's kinda cute.' He chuckled. 'She seems pretty cute and innocent so far, I've only talked to her a couple of times though.'

 

'Hm, you don't seem like the type of guy to go for an innocent girl, no offense.' I shrugged.

 

'None taken. My ex was pretty wild...I guess my preferences have changed.' Kai gulped down the last of his soju and signalled Dara across the bar to give him another. 'So tell me Minzy, what's your ideal type of guy?'

 

'Well...' I finished my cocktail and grabbed my unfinished beer that was next to it. 'Any guy whose personality stands out, I guess.' 

 

'Uhuh.' Kai nodded. 'Oh, thanks.' He looked up at Dara who dropped a few more bottles of soju on the table. I smiled at her briefly before she left to go back to and tend the bar. 

 

'So, what is it about Luhan hyung that you like so much?' Kai asked me all of a sudden. 

 

'Well, I just met him. I don't know a lot about him but he's definitely interesting to the point where you just wonder on a lot of things. I still don't know about his hobbies or what stuff he likes, but I definitely want to find out! And it's a bonusarrow-10x10.png that he's so dangerously handsome...and exotic.' I replied, not letting any thoughts go unheard but it was the alcohol kicking in. Kai stifled a laugh before shaking his head lightly at me. 

 

'I don't know....' He smiled. 'I feel like you and Sehun would make a hot couple.'

 

'Sehun?' I did a doubletake, flapping my hand around. 'No no no, no way. And what's with you guys using the word 'hot' tonight?'

 

'Really? You guys have been spending so much time together, and I swear he seems to be smiling more often. I reckon you'd have something to do with that.' Kai winged his eyebrows at me.

 

'Shut up.' I rolled my eyes, unknowingly grinning. 'I'll admit, he's kinda cute, but that's it.'

 

'Cute huh? Well at least I've been upgraded from being a jerk.' A new voice came in. I turned my head around and saw Sehun with Luhan next to him. Offffff course. The jerk just had to hear what I said.

 

'Sehun.' I looked at him in surprise. My eyes then moved across to Luhan, who smiled at me and I smiled back straight away. 

 

'Oh..Luhan, I nearly forgot you were coming.' I unknowningly grinned. 'How are you?'

 

'Yeah, I'm pretty good. You wanna get a drink with me by the bar?' He asked, to which I nodded immediately and stood up, following him to the other side of the bar from Chaerin and Chanyeol, who seemed to be hitting it off pretty well. 

 

'Dara unnie.' I called to my roommate who was busy mixing a drink nearby. She looked at at me and then noticed Luhan, immediately smiling with a huge grin. 

 

'What'll it be Mingkki?' She made her way over. 'And nice to meet you, Luhan right?' She looked at the prince and he smiled slightly, before looking at me for an explanation. 

 

'She's my roommate.' I laughed, and he nodded understandingly.

 

'Can I pick something for you?' He looked at me and I blushed slightly before agreeing. He looked through the popular drinks menu quickly. 'A pink daiquiri then.'

 

'That's Mingkki's favourite actally. Coming right up.' She winked at me before walking away.

 

'So...you told your roommates about me?' Luhan asked, after Dara wasn't eithin ear shot anymore. 'They must know about Sehun as well then.'

 

'They were at the same party...you know, Kai's?' I laughed awkwardly. 'My roommates and I are pretty close, so we know a lot about each other.'

 

'Oh really?' He raised his eyebrows, before glancing over at Chaerin and Chanyeol who were sitting at the bar on the other side. 'So if I properly befriended them, I'd probably find out your secrets?'

 

'Hey, I could do the same with Sehun.' I pointed out, smiling.

 

'Ah, but the difference is that Sehun is probably interested in you.' Luhan pointed his index finger at me, making my smile disappear.

 

'Here you go, Mingkki.' Dara hopped over and placed my pink daiquiri in front of me, and when she walked away, I one shotted it without hesitation before looking at Luhan.

 

We spent the next 20 minutes chatting about ourselves, finding out about each other's home lives and interests etc. Luhan told me he was a massive soccer player and I think I agreed to watch a match of his someday, but I don't really remember. I told him about my life  away from home and about my roommates. In that short span time, I hadn't realised I'd already downed 3 daiquiris before I looked at the empty glasses stading in front of me.

 

'Thanks for the uh...drinks by the way.' I raised the current glass I was drinking. 

 

', that was quick.' He grinned, nodding in approval at my drinking skills. 'So tell me my fangirl, when did you see me sing?'

 

'Hm? What do you mean?' I asked, sipping my drink, looking at him in question.

 

'Well, you're a fangirl because you came to watch me sing one time right? So which gig was it?' He asked, taking a sip of his beer that he ordered from Dara a while ago.

 

'Oh no no, I didn't watch you at a gig. You're on my bus.' I shook my head at him before finishing my next drink. When I saw the confusion on his face, I immediately covered my mouth, realising what I said. Damn alcohol.

 

'Bus? What are you talking ab-'

 

'Oh! Looks like Chaerin and Chanyeol are getting ready to leave the bar! I'm so glad they clicked.' I interuppted him and pointed towards my roommate and the tall guy, about to exit the place. 'We should probably go back and sit with Sehun and Kai, plus you alread gave me my drink.' I suggested before subconsciously taking his hand and dragging him back to the booth from before. 

 

'Is this what you're like in front of Sehun?' I heard Luhan ask me. 

 

'Like how?' I frowned.

 

'Well, you're talking to me so casually and you're holding my hand. If this is how casual you act around Sehun, I'm a little jealous. Maybe I should go drinking with you more often.' 

 

I let go of his hand and turned around, facing him. 'I like you much better than Sehun, trust me! I just have to get used to that pretty face of yours.' I smiled and then shook my head rapidly after realising again what a stupid thing I said. 'Sorry.'

 

'No, it's cool. Maybe you should head home soon.' 

 

We reached the booth and I had a little trouble sitting down, and when I turned to meet Sehun's face who was in the seat next to me, he eyed me weirdly and shook his head in disapproval.

 

'You didn't eat much for dinner and you let Lu hyung buy you a couple of drinks?' He spoke with a disapproval tone, but smirked at me nonetheless. 

 

'Well, how I can say no when a beautiful and handsome guy offers me drinks?' I pointed at Luhan, before laughing to myself. 'Opps. Sorry guys, it was the drinks.' I cupped my cheeks in embarrassment. I should'be eaten more for dinner.

 

'I should record this.' Sehun replied, before looking across to his good friends. 'You guys mind if I take off first and get her home?' He stood up and walked over to the bar to pay for the bill..

 

'Be right back as well.' Kai quickly dashed away to the restroom, leaving me and Luhan.

 

'You have to stop complimenting me, you know.' He laughed.

 

'Then don't feed me drinks!' I replied, pointing at him jokingly.

 

'Well anyway, it was very nice to see you, even if it was for a little while.' 

 

'It was my pleasure. Thanks for the drinks.' I giggled, standing up. 'Next time maybe I'll-'

 

'Come on princess, let's get going.' Sehun's annoyed voice interrupted me. He had his elbow harshly propped on top of my head, making me frown.

 

'Yeah yeah, let's go home, ert.' I tugged onto his shirt, not noticing the small smile he had on his face. 

 

----

 

A/N: Hm....I should really study. But I just wanted to write this chappy up today ^^ We're going slow still with the character feelings and developments etc since I don't want to rush. How do you like it all so far eh? I don't even know how good  of a job I'm doing but...I'm trying lol! 

 

Thankies to new subbies: