This Day Is Still Not Over

Perfect, Beautiful, Exotic

A/N: Hey guys! I'm back shortly again after my last awaited update ~ Can't believe some of you are still here! >< This story is probably my least popular one (due to me being late and also most people are subbing to my s more LOL) I'm glad I filled your Sehunzy craves hehe let's see how you like this one though :P Read my babble and corny ish thoughts at the end if you'd like ^^'

 

-------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------

Sehun's Room

 

‘Why are you still at your apartment? I told you to come over here.'



‘Sorry hyung..I fell asleep.’

 

‘You didn’t go out?’

 

‘No...I went home.’

 

‘Okay, that’s fine. We can talk here.’



Sehun sighed quietly to himself. He stared blankly at the view from the window in his bedroom.

 

Of course Luhan wanted to talk.

 

No, Sehun didn’t feel the slightest guilt for not showing up at his best friend’s house like he promised to. Instead, he experienced quite a strange afternoon at his apartment, with the girl that was the center and cause for his recent problems.

 

 

Gong Minji.

 

 

She came into his life and unexpectedly stayed, unlike the other girls who Sehun made sure to leave after a short while. At first, she was just an ‘easy target’ like the other ones he had successfully charmed in the past. Her character wasn’t as easy and mindless, which increased his interest but he had not realised she was so much more than what he gave her credit for.

 

 

He came to find she was much more valuable than just someone to have a fling with.

 

And that's when he starting thinking.

 

Perhaps, he finally found a girl that had the ability to make him trust again.

 

 

But there was just one problem.

 



 

‘Sehun?’ His best friend’s call for him broke him out of his train of thought.

 

‘Hm?’ He mumbled, rubbing his forehead slightly. ‘What did you want to talk about again?’
 

‘Who else?’ Luhan spoke in a matter of factly tone, and Sehun didn't like it one bit.



‘The girl who clung onto you today, like she owned you?’ He decided to play dumb.

 

‘No. You know who I’m talking about.’ His best friend dead panned. ‘I do not want to talk about IU right now.’

 

‘But really, who is she?’ Sehun pressed, smirking to himself, wishing his friend could see his face.

 

‘Like I said, I started taking advanced classes and...that’s how we met.’ The Chinese boy answered. ‘We are merely classmates. And I actually am sorry I didn’t mention the classes to you earlier. Things have just been super hectic with it and honestly, I wanted to surprise you.’



‘You surprised me alright.’ Sehun teased. 

 

‘Come on, I’m serious man.’ Luhan whined, but Sehun could only laugh more. He knew for certain that his best friend was now pouting.



‘Well, at least this explains why I haven’t seen you properly for the past few weeks. But congrats on the classes, hyung. Aunty and Uncle are probably so proud.’

 

‘Mmm, they are.’ Luhan said cutely, a smile playing on his face for sure, Sehun thought. ‘But besides that…..can we talk about what happened today?’



Sehun sighed once more.



He was really not in the mood.



Part of him wanted to hang up and turn off the device but he did not like disrespecting his hyung.

 

Never.

 

That’s why the unspoken tension going on between them lately frustrated Sehun even more. He already knew how his best friend would feel If he continued to act like Minzy was 'his', especially because he was becoming aware of the fact that she and Luhan had been getting close. Of course, part of him also did it because he could not stand to see Minzy looking so shocked and upset like she did earlier that day. And another part of him was wondering why he actually cared so much?

 

Regardless, he was just supposed to take her home.

 

But no, he decided it was a good idea to invite her over to his apartment. 

 

And then she just had to find that damned photo. 



He found himself thinking of the last time he had seen his ex-girlfriend and it made him feel sick. 

 

He wanted to be alone all of a sudden but he was also seeking some sort of comfort...luckily, she was in the room with him at the time but it wasn't that simple because he knew she was in love with his best friend.

 

 

Yet he still did something stupid anyway.

 

 


What is wrong with me? Sehun clenched his fists.

 

‘Thanks for intervening by the way. I don’t know what I would’ve done If all 4 of us went out to eat.' Luhan chuckled, bringing Sehun back to the conversation again. '..You did make me a little jealous though.'

 

‘I only did it so she wouldn't be upset for too long.’ Sehun replied, though a little too fast for his liking. ‘She can jump to conclusions really quickly afterall, especially when it’s about you.’

 

'About that.' Luhan paused. 'You sure she's still into me?'



'When did she ever stop?' Sehun unintentionally snorted.



'Well it's just...I don't know where you stand with her Sehun-ah...you tell me there is nothing going on between you two but ...I believe otherwise. I don't want a girl ruining our friendship so I need to know.'

 

 

'You're right.' Sehun answered. 'But....you didn't tell me you liked her this much.'


'I don't.....but I'm beginning to.'

 

Beginning to. Sehun gritted his teeth.



'Okay, then I will tone it down. I'm sorry.'  He said, ignoring the rumble that was starting to swirl in his head. 'Anyway, Minzy already knows we are friends, and only friends.' He bit his lip. That was a lie.


 

'So you two really aren't..?' Luhan trailed off.

 

Sehun bit his lip even harder.
 

 

 

'Trust me, she's nothing like Minah.'
 

 

A long silence passed through as Sehun expected it would. If he was going to pull off this lie, he had to bring his ex-girlfriend into the equation. 

 

Without a doubt, it made Luhan speechless because he is the only one that knows just how badly the breakup went and how broken Sehun was feeling for the longest time. No, he did not have any desire to get back with Minah at all. But using her name was the only choice he seemed to have If he wanted to pretend that nothing was going on between him and Minzy. 

 

 

'Sehun..it’s been 2 years…since you've been able to mention that name.' Finally Luhan spoke.

 

 

'...Yeah.'

 

 

 'I’m proud of you.’

 

 

 

'It's ...thanks to you, hyung.' Sehun closed his eyes and banged his head lightly on the glass window before he said the next thing, almost sure he would regret it later but he had already decided he would step back and make his best friend happy.

 

 

 

'So go get her hyung. Make Minzy yours.'

 

 

 

'Yes, I will.' The reply came.

 

 

 

It was only three words and yet, Sehun had to hold back the urge of throwing his phone across the room.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Minzy's Room

 

She needed a drink.

 

That sounded ridiculous because she was never the type to need alcohol to distract her.



But the 100 out of the 2000 words required for her assignment she had written in the last 2 hours were just staring at her, waiting to be completed. She couldn't concentrate and it annoyed her.

 

The bar that Dara worked at was not far by public transport. She could get a drink there....and for free no less. 

 

Since it was raining earlier, and she didn't have an umbrella, she had borrowed Sehun's so she could make it home without getting drenched. 

 

Funny, it was just an umbrella and yet, she couldn't stop staring at it and thinking about what had happened earlier at his apartment.

 

And why she couldn't get any work done.

 

It also did not help that the umbrella was a bright yellow shade, meanwhile 90% of her belongings were dark and plain. 

 

It stood out like a sore thumb and she had been glancing back and forth between her laptop screen and the umbrella about 1000 times now.



But this 1001st time she finally had enough, slamming her screen down and yanking the now dry umbrella only to stuff it at very back of her closet so she did not have to look at it anymore.


'Out of sight, out of mind.' She sighed heavily, before grabbing her own jacket and making her way to the bar.

 

Her boots kicked the water as she trailed the wet footpath.

 

The sky was clear now and the sun was settling down to welcome the night. Minzy always adored the weather after rainfall, but today.... it was not able to put her mind at ease.


Even being outside and walking was not doing anything to get rid of what had been stuck in her mind ever since she got home.

 

 



Flashback

 

‘Tell me I still have a chance with you.’

 

His face was so close, and his eyes locked with hers, somehow making her hypnotised. hung open due to his surprisingly loaded question.

 

 

 

Was this....a confession?

 

 

 

 

No way. He was fooling her once again.

 

 

This was Oh Sehun afterall. 

 


The lady killer.

 

 

'Strawberry, answer me.' His deep voice shocked her again. 

 

She still did not say anything, even as he leaned closer towards her face. The arms that were wrapped around her waist was gone now and his hands cupped her face softly but still a little firm. 

 

Unknowingly, it made her heart beat increase and she started to panic.

 

It was not the time to lose her mind. She had to think of the reason why he was doing this now.

 


It was a mistake in agreeing to stay with him here. She hadn't counted on him doing something like this. 

 

But at the same time, she was not all that surprised

 

 

 

'What's going on?' She muttered, somehow managing to continue this mini staring contest they started.
 

 

 

The sight of Sehun's serious and slightly seductive face so close to her was enticing, but she was not going to give in.

 

She recognised it.

 

The same face expression he had at dance camp before he greedily stole all those kisses from her. 

 

 

He was not sad anymore. 

 



'Minzy, I-'

 

 

'Look.'  She closed her eyes harshly, clenching her fist under the sheets before she eyed him again.


'I need you to stop doing this to me....please.' She sighed tiredly, pulling his hands away from her face. 'I'm okay that you need me when you want to talk for real, or If...If you need a hug. But don't talk about having a chance with me when I know....you're clearly thinking about your ex.' Her voice was a little shaky but she went on.

 

'You are just confused and lonely right now, but I don't need you to make ME confused. You don't like me that way, so stop making me think otherwise. I'm sick of it.' Unknowingly, she held her breath after saying that last sentence. She feared of angering him, but she could not help it.

 


 

Sehun opened his mouth to seemingly refuse her accusation, but then his lips formed into a thin line. Minzy could not read his face but whatever it was that he was about to say, he had decided to drop it. The slightly seductive look he gave her was no longer present. Instead, she was faced with his serious face but a great amount of coldness came along with it. 

 




'You're right.' He pulled back. 'You're right. I don't like you that way.' 

 

 

 

'Good.' Minzy nodded, but she was not feeling as satisfied as she initially thought she would. Infact, she was disappointed to some degree. 

 

 

'I'm sorry I pinned that on you.' Sehun seemed to have dropped a little bit of that coldness he was carrying earlier, reaching for one of her hands under his blanket. 'You were right. I was thinking about my ex and I wasn't thinking straight. I hope that you can forget this.'

 

'Of course Sehun, we are friends-'

 

She was interrupted by him as he cupped her cheek and came very close again, leaning in and softly pressing his lips on hers into a slow, still kiss.

 

Unlike any other he had given her. 

 

 

 

After a short while, he separated.

 

 

'I hope you and Luhan can be happy.' He slightly smiled before turning the other way to fall asleep, rendering the conversation mute.

 

Dumbfoundedly, she turned to her side aswell, her eyes refusing to shut.

 

 

What was that just now??


Why did he kiss her?


And what was she supposed to do?

 

Was she supposed to leave? Was she supposed to stay?

 

 

Minzy really  had no clue.

 

 

The taste of his lips was still there, making her lips tingle with an unknown feeling.

 

 

She really didn't now what to do.

 

 

But there was one thing she did know.

 

 

 

To stay as far away from Oh Sehun as she possibly could.

 

 

 

End of flashback

 

She waited until he fell asleep first before she left his place. If she stayed any longer, her brain would explode from all the overthinking.

 

Minzy did not want to spend the rest of the night frowning and ranting to herself. 

 

Luckily, Luna agreed to meet her for a drink at the bar since she was already meeting a friend there. At last, her strange day would end on a more comfortable note and she was thankful.

 

As she opened the doors to the familiar place, she searched around for her friend, quickly spotting her sitting in a booth towards the back of the building. She wasn't planning on telling anyone, not even Luna, about what occured earlier. They were just going to get a good drink on and that was it. Minzy was not going to think about anything, or anyone.

 

'Hey.' She smiled  as she sat down on the opposite side of the booth.

 

'Just in time. Have a pink daiquiri.' Luna pushed a glass towards the red head whilst grinning.

 

'Wow you ordered one for me already.' Minzy slightly laughed. 'So who's this friend that somehow got you to come out to the bar? Am I being replaced?' 

 

'Oh Minji...' Luna shook her head. 'She's just another girl I met recently who also studies music. We're collaborating on a new song together and performing at this huge social event my family is hosting.'

 

'Huge social event?' Minzy raised her eyebrow. 'What kind?'

 

'Well, the Uni is planning to build and open up a brand new auditorium at Seoul Uni by the end of the school year and, well you know my family.' Luna smiled sheepishly. 

 

'Hey, your parents are the ones that upgraded the entire arts building where I train. I mean, I'm not sure what it looked like before but they're doing a great job.' Minzy shrugged.

 

'Yes, but being the daughter of a couple who owns 40% partnership of Seoul Uni feels weird.' She rolled her eyes.

'Anyway, it's sort of like an opening night for the auditorium and there's gonna be a lot of performances lined up. So heads up, the dance department might be asked to do something as well.' 

 

'Damn, that's huge and actually sounds pretty damn fun. I'd totally be down for it.' Minzy placed her already empty glass down on the table. 'Okay I think I drank that one a little too fast. I'll slow down.'

 

'I'll say.' Luna chuckled, pointing to her beer that she has barely touched. Minzy noticed another glass next sitting standing next it and started looking around the area.

 

'Come to think of it, where's this music friend of yours?'

 

'Ah, she went to the bathroom not too long ago. I think you two will really get along! We gotta go karaoke sometime, I have to hear you show off your talent once in a while.' She winked.

 

'Hidden talent? Please.' Minzy scoffed at her comment.

It was true, she liked to sing and go to karaoke once in a while with her friends but she never took lessons or anything. She had a naturally good singing voice but hardly anyone had heard it.

 

'Come on, you sound great. Especially when you sing all your favourite ballads.' Luna clasped her hands together and looked at her with hopeful eyes.

 

'Okay fine, I'll go. Just don't make that face anymore.' She cringed at the puppy face Luna tried to do.


'Okay great!! Now-'

 

'Hey I'm back Luna~' The new voice came from behind Minzy. As she turned around to see who it was, she instantly paled.

 

 

No.

 

 

Anyone but her.

 



The figure sat down opposite her, next to Luna and smiled before looking at Minzy.

 

'Oh it's you! Do you remember me?!' The girl stuck out her hand to shake Minzy's, who reluctantly did.

 

'You two know each other?' Luna looked between them, dumbfounded.

 

'Briefly. So I'll introduce myself again! My name is-'




'IU.' Minzy finished for her.

 

 

She grabbed Luna's beer and chugged a good amount of it before putting it down.

 

 

It was not going to be a nice night after all.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Hiiiiii ! Once again thanks for your wonderful comments. I thought about it, and I want to write Sehunzy (a one shot) afterall >////< I think I'm due to write one since It's been a while since I have and It's been requested several times~  If you have any ideas for kinks, or whatever that i could include in there, i would be so grateful and when i finish  it, i'll be sure to let you guys know and link it ~

ALSO, are there any Baekhyun x Taeyeon fans out there? :3 I have a fluff I want to write all of a sudden ~ I have a new coworker at the place I work at and his friendly personality reminds me of Baek a lot HAHA so I got some ideas for a short story, similar to my other Sehunzy fluff' (have you read that cos it's right hereCLICK THIS FOR SEHUNZY FLUFF

And another thing, that multiple main character fic is sort of back on draft mode ^^' I recently had an author I respect give me some advice and after some thoughts, I think I'm still not ready to write it so I will put it on holds for now! ANYWAY, let me know what you think about this chapter ♡ THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS GUYS!!! KEEP IT COMING <3

I realised I stopped giving my thanks so I want to start doing it again!!

Thanks to:


Devin-chan
victori
aratasier
aznhuong95
21bjsygstan
i_am_twisted

Jinny_
lyna_91
miminzy
mairimzm
gwenmontealo

You have no idea what it means to know you are still reading and enjoying my writing <3 I'm exciting for the chapters ahead!!!!