Complexity

Perfect, Beautiful, Exotic

A/N Long time no see, it's been 4 months., you ready to murder me? Enjoy the chapter, short it is but nevertheless...^^' Read my author babble at the end too If you want heh

 

------
‘You can just drop me off at home.’ Minzy yawned as she made herself comfortable in the passenger seat.

‘And why should I do that?’ Sehun asked as he reversed out of the Uni car park.

‘You weren’t actually serious when you announced you were taking me somewhere special were you?’

'Of course not.’ ‘So then?’ Minzy raised her eyebrow at him as the boy seemed to contemplate what he would respond with.

So she waited.

‘You know…..’ He slowly smiled, looking at her.

‘Life is kind of boring for me right now If you’re not around.’

Minzy tensed.

Damnit. She thought.

Sehun had looked at her with such a different kind of smile and it was cute.

Like really cute.

But then after a few seconds, Sehun’s eyes were back on the road and his expression was neutral again. She blinked a few times and decided to ignore his little remark. It wasn’t right to get confused about him again and ruin the friendship they had.

‘So…Where should we go then?’ She decided to ask, hoping he wouldn’t question why she didn’t respond properly.

Thankfully, he didn’t.

‘Well, I need to clean up my apartment actually. Let’s get some street food from Hongdae since I can’t stay for long.’

‘I’m surprised you don’t have maids for that.’

‘Oh I have plenty.’ Sehun rolled his eyes. ‘But I made them all promise not to come over and just tell my father that they did.’

'That sounds pretty noble of you.’ Minzy nodded her head, although a bit sarcastic. ‘But is it because you have a collection you don’t want them to find?’ She chuckled lightly.

‘No.’ Sehun smirked. ‘You can check If you want.’

'You wouldn’t have anything to hide?’ Minzy tapped her chin mischievously.

‘Absolutely.’ Sehun replied with confidence. ‘Come over.’

‘..Sure.’ Minzy nodded.

 

----------------------------

 

'You call this messy?' Minzy chuckled. 'Your room isn't even cluttered with anything. My room is worse than this.'

' Maybe I'm a neat freak then.' Sehun walked over to his wardrobe, rearranging some of the clothes inside.

'Can I look around?' though it was not like she was asking permission because she had already started opening the drawers by his desk.

'There's not much to see. I only keep important things with me and I hardly use anything in here except for my clothes and laptop.' Sehun replied without looking back, staring intently at his arrangement of hangers and changing the order of them from time to time.

'Damn, these are some nice and expensive pens though. Wow you even have a calligraphy set.' Minzy exclaimed.

'Mmm'. Sehun hummed, too deep into concentration.

'Your handwriting is amazing dude. Teach me how to write like this.'

'Mmm.' He was still not paying attention.

"Aww you keep photos of you and the guys from 2 years ago though, so cute!'

'Mmm.'

As Minzy flipped through some more photos, she stopped at one in particular.

'It's a shame you don't get along with your step sister....'

'Mmm....' Sehun paused and finally looked at Minzy for the first time since they stepped inside his room.

'What did you just say?'

'Um...that it's a shame that you don't get along with your sister?'

'….Why would you say that?' He asked in a very questionable tone.

Minzy sensed the uneasiness in his voice.

'Um...I didn't mean anything rude by it. I just thought, if you keep a picture of you and her in your album, that it means you want to be close?'

Now it was Sehun's turn to frown.

'I don't keep any pictures of either of my step siblings.'

'Then...'

Minzy lifted up the photo in her hand.

 

'Who is this?'

 

Sehun's face darkened all of a sudden.

 

He displayed an expression of resentment and....anger?

 

Teeth slightly clenched, staring intently.

 

Sensing his discomfort, Minzy hesitantly called his name.

 

'....Sehun?'

 

Nothing.

 

The two people in the photograph she was holding carried expressions that showed the complete opposite of what Sehun’s was showing right now. And that’s when she Minzy realised her mistake. The girl beside the bright smiling Sehun in the photo was not his sister.

 

‘Is….Is that your-‘

 

‘Minah.’ He interrupted her, speaking for the first time since he laid eyes on the image.

Minzy bit her lip. Although she had not done it on purpose, she felt guilty for showing him the photo of this girl called ‘Minah’, who was most presumably, his ex-girlfriend. The one he mentioned had dumped him when he tried to open up to her.

 

But why did he still carry this on him? Clearly, it hurt to see this person’s face.

‘I..I’m sorry Sehun.’ I didn’t mean to…’ She panicked, hastily putting the photo back into the drawer she found it in.

Studying Sehun’s face, it seemed like he was still in some sort of a trance. Minzy didn’t know what to say.

 

 

She had never seen Sehun look so….vulnerable.

 

 

Before she could do anything else, she watched as he lightly shook his head and forced a smile.

‘No, it’s okay. It’s not your fault.’ He said quietly. ‘You didn’t know.’

'..Are you okay?’ Minzy walked towards him slowly.

Sehun seemed to contemplate what to say, but finally he nodded.

 

‘I’m okay.’

 

A wave of uncomfortable silence passed through. And then he spoke again.

 

‘I’m tired. I’m gonna take a nap.’

 

That was all Minzy needed to hear to understand that he wanted to be alone.

 

‘Right….’ She replied awkwardly. ‘Um…good timing! I’m tired too. I guess I’ll be on my way then..’ She her heel, ready to get the hell out of there but paused with the next thing he uttered.

 

 

‘Did I tell you to leave?’

 

 

His voice came quiet but also a little stern.

 

Minzy turned around and faced him. 

 

‘What do you want me to do then?’ She asked, confusion written all over her.

 

Sehun walked forward, completely closing the space between them.

 

 

‘Sleep with me.’

 

 

Minzy paled. What the ? 

 

‘Sehun, what are you sayin-‘

 

‘Just sleep next to me. I promise I won’t bother you.’ 

 

She searched his eyes for any sort of explanation.

 

Somehow, she could understand that he was not offering her a bed to sleep on. Rather, he was asking her to stay with him. It was a weird request, given she was the reason for his current state but that made up her decision to agree and stay. For whatever reason, it seemed like he needed her to be there, more than he could express at that moment. As much as she wanted to get it out of him, she decided it was not the best time to talk.

As if Sehun knew she was going to stay, he motioned to his bed and they both silently made themselves comfortable on either side, facing away from each other.

It was the strangest feeling, being in a male’s bed. Minzy had never done so before, and she knew there was no way she was going to get any sleep.

 

But before she could get into thinking about how this came to be, a pair of arms wrapped around her from behind, almost tightly.

She did her best not to fidget in his hold.

She knew…he needed this.

And she was going to let him make her his comfort pillow for the next few hours, even If she herself was not okay with it.

But then she could feel his face move closer to her neck, and his breath blow lightly on her skin.

‘Sehun.’ She said uncertainly. The guy did not answer, and it prodded her to continue.

'I don’t know what happened between you and her….’ She began. ‘I’m here for you as a friend but…please don’t misunderstand anything.’

After she said that, his hold on her tightened ever so slightly, and he moved close towards the warmth of her body.

‘I know.’ Sehun responded after a while. ‘I know that…but please tell me…'

He turned her around to face him.

 


'Tell me I still have a chance with you.’

 

 

----------------

A/N Hello my lovelies! Yes you have to backtrack on my last few chapters (or the whole story even) and yes it took me months again….Nevertheless thankyou If you came to read it <3 I decided to give you a Sehunzy chapter because i know you guys have been missing them a lot. Please leave comments below so I know you’re still alive because I’m very close to debating whether I should discontinue this story or not ^^’ But I’m back for a while, and next chapter is ready to go up soon aswell! How have you been? 😊