Invitation and Chance

Perfect, Beautiful, Exotic

'Minji have you shown them my beautiful work from this morning?!' Bom nudged me at the dinner table, making CL and Dara look at us in curiosity.

'What masterpiece?' I shrugged, acting clueless.

'Aigoo, you know, the photo of your Prince Charming?' She rolled her eyes at me.

'Right right.' I grinned. 'Look!' I whipped my phone out and tapped my screen. CL and Dara immediately gasped upon seeing my lock screen before they began clapping together with Bom in celebration.

'Yah congratulations Minji!!' CL grinned.

'You chose a very good one!' Dara giggled.

'He is beautiful right?! Luhan....' I smiled.

'Omo! What did you just say?!' Bom squealed all of a sudden.

'Actually I found out his name today!!' I clapped my hands together. 'His name is Luhan. How cute is that?'

'Oh Minji I'm so happy for you, you've had awesome progress today.' Dara nodded approvingly at me. Chaerin was also smiling while still studying my lock screen photo.

‘Wah! How did you find out his name?’ Bom widened her eyes at me.

‘One way or another….’ I scratched my neck awkwardly. ‘I found out from someone at Uni, that’s all.’

‘And who is this someone?’ Chaerin shifted her gaze to me.

‘Someone I know…from dance class. I think he transferred here this semester.’ I shrugged.

‘So that means you’ll get to meet this Luhan guy next time right?!’ Dara clasped her hands together.

‘Not quite…but I’m getting somewhere.’ I smiled, giving her the thumbs up. ‘Oh by the way Bom unnie, when is that trial day for the job?’

‘This Saturday. You can make it before the party anyway, just that you’ll be busy all day.’ Bom nodded.

‘Just make sure you don’t rock up too late alright you two? My friend Jiyong actually has a few people he wanted to introduce us to.’ Chaerin shot us a smirk that we all knew too well.

‘Maybe Bom unnie will finally find a boyfriend.’ I grinned.

‘I love these parties Chaerin-ah…but you know I’m too old for most of your friends.’ Bom sighed. ‘And I’m only 26…’

‘Don’t worry, you’ll find one soon. I’m sure of it!’ I assured her.

---

It was the last day for the first week of classes and I felt like I was already getting back into the swing of studying again. The whole week my Prince charming, who I now knew as ‘Luhan’, was of course on the bus every morning without fail, bringing me my daily doses of happiness. Today was probably going to be no different, and I was currently sitting on the bus at my usual seat, with the bus just approaching his stop. I glanced up slightly just to check out what he was wearing (like I do every other time) while I was sipping on the drink Dara had specially blended for me earlier at home. My eyes widened slightly when I saw another figure follow behind Luhan, and boy did this one also look familiar. I immediately choked on my drink and the coughing that followed didn’t go unnoticed by the few people around me, sitting nearby. I however, was only concerned whether the guy following behind Luhan was going to notice me. What was Sehun doing on the bus anyway? As the two approached Luhan’s seat, I subtly (I think) hung my head lower and dug into my bag to find a book to ‘read’. I peeped over my economics info book after a few minutes, staring at the 2 guys I well…sort of knew. As expected, it was difficult to make out any specific details on what the two seemed to be laughing about, but I unknowingly grinned when I saw a big smile spread across Prince-I mean, Luhan’s face. I wasn’t sure how long after that I was staring really, but the loud thump I suddenly heard was quickly brought to my attention. Someone must’ve dropped something heavy. I thought. I scanned around me, only to notice the other passengers were staring at me instead. I looked down, then noticed it was me who dropped my text book. I awkwardly cleared my throat and picked it up, but as my eyes travelled back up, I exchanged a tiny look with Sehun, who happened to also be looking back at me. Crap. He definitely recognized me now.

(A/N: Ignore the rainbow hair lmao)

 

Quickly deciding I didn’t want to risk interacting with him on the bus, I slowly diverted my gaze out the window, trying to make it look like I hadn’t noticed him. From the looks of where the bus was driving at the moment, there was still another 15 minutes until I’d arrive at Uni. Keeping my gaze outside the window was hard enough though, since I could constantly feel a stare coming my way, and I knew it was Sehun’s. He was obviously going to be getting off the bus at the same time as me, and I silently hoped he wouldn’t ask me anything about the photo on my phone again. Since it was the only thing I could think of, I tapped on my phone screen and changed the wallpaper from Luhan’s picture to a random selca of my roommates and I.

 

As the bus approached the stop to Uni, I quickly got up from my seat and ran past, exiting the bus first. I probably powerwalked really fast because it didn’t take long before I arrived in front my campus. I snapped my head around and noticed the other students who got off the same bus could be seen in the near distance, but there was no sign of Sehun. Did he not get off the bus? I thought, tilting my head slightly in confusion. Well it was better for me anyway, since I knew he was skeptical about my excuse upon seeing what appears to be a good friend of his’ photo on my phone. I didn’t have more time to worry about it because I had a quick report to finish writing by the end of the day, so I rushed to the library and spent my time working in there all up until my first lecture of the day. It wasn’t only until midday that I popped into the Arts department to dance on my own that I spotted Sehun in one of the dance rooms. Through the clear glass window, I peeped inside to see him dancing a choreography in sync with the friend he was talking to in class the other day. The boy really was good, every time I watched him. I walked away after a minute or two of watching before I entered the room next door, and began my 2 hours of solitude where I could dance freely and exercise like I loved to. I just couldn’t skip a day of dancing, and If I ever did, it was rare.

----

‘Wanna come shopping with me tonight? I have to buy something to wear for tomorrow’s party.’ Chaerin asked me.

‘Yeah, I don’t mind. Mind If we go a bit later though? I’ve been dancing and I really need a shower.’ I replied, panting hard through the phone.

‘Yeah sure. I could probably get one of my friends to give us a ride home actually.’ She giggled. Wow. I thought. This girl always had her sources.

‘Yeah, I can meet you in 10 in front of the South Gate maybe?’ I suggested, while gulping down my water with my other hand.

‘Sounds good. See you!’ She hung up. I put my phone down and grabbed the small towel in my bag, wiping my forehead with it. My arms were also covered in sweat, but not as my much as my neck. I wiped myself a little more before deciding against getting changed into new clothes, since I’d be going home anyway. I stayed in my tank top and track pants, since I wasn’t feeling cold anyway. Leaving the dance room, I slowly made my way over to the South Gate which was probably less than a 5 minutes’ walk. I was just about to reach my destination before I heard the calling of my name.

‘Minzy.’ A voice spoke from behind me. I looked around only to notice it was Sehun, looking like he hadn’t broken a sweat at all. But wasn’t he dancing a while ago?

‘So you do know my name.’ I nodded at him in approval.

‘Because you told me.’ He frowned.

‘Oh I just didn’t think you would’ve bothered to remember.’ I shrugged. I watched him mutter something to himself before he walked closer to stand next to me.

‘I saw you practicing before and…. maybe I underestimated you.’

I fought the urge to smile, since I felt like I wanted to keep up a certain level of superiority.

‘Oh you watched?’ Was all I said.

‘And how about me? Weren’t you also watching me?’ He asked, his tone sounding like perhaps he was looking for some form of approval. Interesting.

‘Yeah, you and your friend both.’ I nodded lightly. ‘I’ll have to meet him sometime.’

‘You can if you want. Are you free tomorrow?’

‘Not exactly. Why?’ I shook my head.

‘There’s a party tomorrow night at my friend’s house. Oh, his name is Kai by the way.’

A party huh?....If it’s at his friend’s house then surely more of Sehun’s friends would be there right? Like….perhaps a guy named Luhan?

‘Tomorrow?’ I smiled. ‘Well…how big is the party… will I be an outcast?’ I bit my lip. It was something I always worried about; either being the loner or sticking out like a sore thumb.

‘I didn’t take you for the type to worry about that crap.’ Sehun smirked at me. ‘No, it’s a big party with drinks and music…the usual.’ He rolled his eyes, giving me the vibe that big parties were something he did every day.

‘Well I guess I could stop by…’ I considered it but then remembered. ‘Oh wait. I’m already going to a party tomorrow night…’ I pouted to myself.

‘Hm. Friend’s birthday or something?’ Sehun asked.

‘Nah it’s um….yeah I don’t actually know whose party it is but my friend’s dragging me along so yeah.’ I laughed awkwardly.

‘Well in any case If you decide to drop by, I’ll give you the address.’ He took out his phone, making me know to take mine out and we swapped them to give each other our numbers.

‘Thanks…maybe I can have a little competition with your friend Kai.’ I suggested, to which Sehun stifled a laugh, seemingly mocking me.

‘I doubt you can beat Kai..we’re pretty much on the same level but it would be fun anyway.’ He nodded.

‘What do you mean? Didn’t you say you underestimated me?’ I scrunched my face up slightly.

‘I did. But I still think you have a ways until you work your way up to our level. I’d be willing to help you…If you wore that every time we met.’ He smirked, suddenly staring me up and down. I raised my eyebrow at why he said that until I looked down myself and realised the guy had his eyes fixated on my exposed stomach. Suddenly I wished I had changed out of my clothes or at least had worn a top that wasn’t too short for me. I had the urge to cover up my stomach and yell at him for being a freaking ert but I didn’t want to lose my pride, so instead I just shot him the best glare I could manage, hoping he took it as I didn’t care If he was checking my body out, even though I did.

(A/N: Imagine seeing this much of her upper half ahaha)

 

‘Yeah well I don’t think I’d want your help anyway. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you should really get off your high horse buddy.’ I smirked upon seeing his expression fall for a moment. He quickly recovered to his normal expression before shrugging. ‘See you maybe then.’ He started to walk off, but watching him leave made me suddenly remember I had an important question to ask.

‘Sehun wait!’ I abruptly called him, causing him to twist his head back slightly and stare at me in question.

‘Mmm?’

‘Will your other friends be there too?’

‘Yeah most of them…a few of them you might know because they go here. Others include students from SM Uni and Cube Uni.’ He finished and continued to walk off before I could say anything else, but it was all I needed to find out. SM Uni…SM Uni!! So there must be a high chance my Luhan will be there! YES! It’ll be my chance to meet him won’t it? I should stop by even just for a little bit before the other-

‘He was pretty cute. Why aren’t you all up that huh Minzy?’

I poked my head to the side to see Chaerin watching after Sehun’s back disappearing into the distance. But I did a double take at her comment.

‘I’m sorry-‘I gave her a weird look. ‘Cute?’ I raised my tone a little, showing my slight disgust at her comment.

‘Yeah, cute.’ She repeated blankly. ‘Looks like someone who’d give you a good time.’

‘Gross unnie. I’m not into the whole one night stand things okay? Not like you anyway.’ I scrunched up my face.

‘Hey that was 1 year ago okay! And I’ve only ever slept with a total for 4 guys, excuse me!’ She scoffed, placing a hand at her heart and gasping at me.

‘Whatever’ I rolled my eyes.’ ‘He doesn’t interest me.’

‘You’re missing out little one. He’s tall, he’s cute, he’s got a hot voice.’ Chaerin started listed with her fingers.

‘What makes you think any of those things describes him?’ I narrowed my eyes at her.

‘I was standing near, listening to your little conversation before. The guy was totally up in your business, clearly hitting on you. And I don’t understand how you can’t see it. This is exactly what happened with that guy Taemin last year. I had to spell it out for you that he was trying to get you to like him.’ Chaerin shook her head at me, face palming in the process.

‘Taemin sunbae was different. He wasn’t hitting on me, and he wasn’t a ert either.’ I sighed. ‘Sehun is just a guy I know from dance class, who happens to be a jerk.’

‘That wants to get in your pants.’ Chaerin giggled, making me throw a death glare at her for even suggesting such a thing.

‘Okay okay I went too far.’ She held her hands up in surrender. ‘Now let’s go. Our rides waiting.’ She pointed to a car parked not too far away, a tall guy standing by it.

‘I’ll never know the secrets you hold in getting people to do favors for you unnie.’ I remarked as I followed her towards the fancy car.

'Oh and is that the friend of your pretty lover boy?' Chaerin asked, opening the backseat.

'Yeah.' I followed her inside.

'Then we should find you a hot outfit...or at least a nice one If you don't feel like showing skin this time.' She suggested  after she told her friend the directions to our apartment.

'Sounds good....'  I replied, not really caring about that for the time being. I had more important thoughts in my head.

 

Prince Charming...I think I'm finally going to meet you.

---

A/N: Heyo ! LOL sorry to those who are frustrated because I still haven't let Minzy meet Luhan AHAHA

Been exactly 2 weeks since the last update, took longer than expected. Hoping to have the next one posted within less than a week since I start my holidays tomorrow! ^^ Keep dropping the comments, it keeps me motivated! What kind of events are you thinking or hoping to occur next?! Fun fact: Comments with predictions help influence what i'm going to write next in the story when I'm stuck for ideas (y)

 

Now, thanks for the next line of subscribers!!! ^^

And sweet! Received a few more upvotes! Much thanks for the following: