Eight

Beneath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EIGHT

 

“And that’s a wrap, everyone!”

 

The minute someone shouted that, Yonghwa was still reluctant to move. After all, how could he just let go of this moment having her so close? But he had to since the little tigress had been struggling off his grip so he ended up watching her glide away and move towards the older men who beckoned for them.

 

Standing beside Director Choi who was a few steps away from Seohyun, they all have their focus on the screen to check the raw files. Yonghwa sighed. Having her so close like that and feeling every scent she carried seemed a reward and a punishment for him. The growing need and want to know her and get inside her head had only intensified.

 

She had been fighting back. Seohyun had been pushing him away but he could be damned if she doesn’t feel the connection—the attraction, the electricity all charged up when they are together in one room. Despite all the people around them, it always feels like nothing could control that gravity that just pulls them toward each other no matter how much she fights it. And remembering how she seemed too irked with that random appearance he had with another girl; was it jealousy? Or she was just pissed with the idea of him dating someone else while ‘taking’ her out for drinks?

 

Putting his attention back on the screen in front of them, the pictures—the visible evidence of that electricity was out there in the open captured by the lenses of the camera and that could never be denied.

 

“Today was wonderful, kids,” Photographer Han said with an obvious proud smirk as he clicked on the computer.

 

“I think we got everything we need,” Director Choi added and Yonghwa nodded but his attention was fixed towards Seohyun who remained silent. For the untrained eyes, the shots were nothing but a very well captured execution of the brief. For those who didn’t feel what they were both feeling during those moments of having their bodies as close as they could ever be, the images were just a result of great direction and acting.

 

But for them, it was different. At least for him, it was.

 

But he would be damned if she didn’t feel the same way. Damned.

 

“They were really good,” Director Choi said again but he turned to him with a knowing smile.  “But, Yonghwa, fix whatever it is that’s going on between you two since we don’t need this for the next brief.”

 

.

 

Yonghwa nodded as he passed a quick look at her flushed face. He smiled at the director as an assurance but by the corner of his eyes, he watched Seohyun slip away from them and ran into her dressing room. Excusing himself, he went to his own and pondered harder if he was really going to do it this time.

 

After much pondering, he decided to just do it and make it worth it.

 

He went to his own dressing room and asked his manager to bring his stuff to the company. They still have a band rehearsal for later but he could squeeze in a few hours for Seohyun. Hell, he just realized he had been squeezing her in his busy schedule for quite awhile now—daydreams included.

 

Taking a deep breath, he looked around out of habit before knocking on her dressing room and he grinned when Seohyun opened the door looking gorgeously grumpy. “Ready?” he said rather coolly as he made his way inside the room. He chuckled to himself knowing too well that she was glaring when he walked past her. Taeyeon just gave him a small wave when he bowed to her so he turned to the woman who was obviously fuming but pretending she wasn’t.

 

“I don't remember saying 'yes' to you.”

 

Yonghwa wanted to laugh at her nonchalance as she made her way back in front of the mirror putting something on her lips. God, her smoldering iness is way too y to resist. Was she really unaware of her effect on him? Ignoring her completely, or tried to at least, he turned to her agent, “Taeyeon-ssi, does Seohyun-ssi have somewhere to go to right now?”

 

“She's free until nine for the opening of Blaze,” Taeyeon nonchalantly said without even looking up.

 

“Unnie!” Seohyun grumbled loudly and he wanted to laugh but he held it in and gave her a cocky grin instead. With that, she turned, grabbed the dress resting on the chair and marched to the restroom murmuring something about stabbing someone, corpse and Han River.

 

Adds entertaining to his Why-I-Want-To-Date-Seohyun list.

 

“Yonghwa-ssi…”

 

He turned and found the older girl looking seriously at him. There was something unsettling about the way Taeyeon was holding his gaze. “Hmmm?”

 

“Joohyun is precious to me like a kid sister. If you're not serious about her, I won’t get involved since she'd know how to handle jerks like you, if you are one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter