Twenty Eight

Beneath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

TWENTY EIGHT

 

 

She woke up when the morning light slithered inside her bedroom. Her body felt almost weightless and she smiled as the memories  of last night and the very early morning she was awoken by the weight burying her deeper on the bed came pouring in. They made love again before the first morning light came and only then she realized that it was good she followed Taeyeon’s advice on the birth control or else.

 

Seohyun sighed as she finally let her feet drop on the cold floor.

 

At first, she was rattled finding the empty side of the bed beside her but once the smell of coffee floated inside her room, she knew that he was still there. The bubble in her head exploded when she got reminded of her schedule for the day so she took a quick shower and joined him outside with only her underwear and a robe wrapped around her body since she was not yet sure what to wear. She stood by the juncture of the living room and the kitchen and silently watched him whipping something for breakfast.

 

She smiled with the thought that she could get used to the scene in front of her—him in her kitchen, shirtless, his back muscles and forearms for her to appreciate from this distance. Finally, she strode in the kitchen and perched on one of the stools in the breakfast bar of the island counter.

 

“Good morning,” Seohyun said as he turned to her with spatula in one hand and a pot holder on another. She crossed her legs making sure that the opening of her robe exposed a good deal of her legs just because she was feeling really flirty.

 

“Good morning,” Yonghwa just gave her a small smile after his eyes roamed all over her before going back to his chore, “Hungry? I’m almost done.”

 

“Hmmm… delicious,” her own word made her giggle because she was seriously not thinking about the smell of the food he was cooking but seeing those muscles move. Seohyun plopped one elbow on the counter then focused her thoughts back on track, “I thought you were gone.”

 

“Touch-and-go is never my style,” he faced her again after putting one scrambled egg on a plate and dropped it on the counter as he moved in front of her. His palms cupped her jaws then slid his hands to let his fingers rake along her hair. Pulling her head up and bending his own to meet her halfway, he kissed her lazily yet so intense that she couldn’t help but moan out loud. Breaking the kiss abruptly, Yonghwa brushed his thumb on the side of her lips, “Baby…”

 

A smile broke on her own watching his eyes glimmer with passion remembering all over again how he made her writhe on the bed and repeatedly stole her breath away. “Thank you, Oppa… for everything,” Seohyun bit her bottom lip somewhat ashamed by the thoughts hovering her mind.

 

“Thank you too, tiger,” Yonghwa replied, still holding one side of her jaw on his palm and gave her a naughty wink, “You’re perfect. We should do that again. Now?”

 

She laughed. Oh, how she wanted to have a repeat performance of last night but she knew they shouldn’t— at least not now. Hence, she pushed him gently and hopped off the stool to get her juice, “I need to report to the office an hour from now. And you need to go back to Japan, right?”

 

“Yeah, late this afternoon,” Yonghwa spoke behind her as she looked inside her fridge. She almost jumped when his hand s on her waist and his lips grazed her neck, “Can I see you this lunch, tiger?”

 

“Hmmm… I’ll call you later,” Seohyun replied ignoring the sensation shooting across her body as his tongue played by her ear. “Where do you want to eat?”

 

Without warning, he turned her around then pushed the fridge door close along with her body. “In your bed,” Yonghwa responded almost breathlessly while capturing her lower lip between his teeth.

 

Seohyun gasped as he let go but his hand was already inside her robe. Rolling her eyes, she giggled when his fingers pressed on that sensitive side of her waist then she pushed him away and adjusted her robe, “Be serious, Oppa!”

 

“I am serious. I’ll have you for lunch,” he pulled her by the waist again and whispered on her lips, “Please????”

 

Seohyun sighed letting her fingernails scrape on his well-defined pecs. “Fine,” she nodded but gasped when his hand moved up to cup her chest but after the initial shock she just swallowed and tried to maintain an even tone, “Only if I have time.”

 

“Okay, and bring chicken,” he grinned her and watching her struggle for normal breaths as he was obviously both amused and aroused by what he was doing. Finally, he dipped his mouth into hers and whispered, “With honey sauce. I have an idea.”

 

“I think I have a clue,” Seohyun gasped holding on tightly on his shoulders or else she could just drop lifeless on the floor.

 

Yonghwa groaned, “Oh, you do, baby… you certainly.”

 

~~~~

 

Seohyun sighed closing her phone after checking if he replied to her last message. It had been almost two weeks that they haven’t met in person after the day he went to Japan. The past days were spent keeping herself busy and distracted with work. Yonghwa would call her at night before he went to bed and she cherished those times that they would talk until one of them would end up sleeping while the other was still talking.  Aside from the usual late night calls, they would constantly update each other through instant messages and steal a few minutes on the phone if both of them have a few minutes in between breaks. She missed him so much—too much now but that just how their life really is.

 

And now, she was about to finish another shoot and disheartened with the idea that she would have the rest of the day for herself but really nothing to look forward to. Maybe she would just soak her body in the tub until she turned into pickles. A smile twitched on her lips when her phone vibrated at last.

 

“Sorry, tiger, just checked my phone. How’s today?”

 

Seohyun looked up to check if she still has a few minutes to chat with him and when she noticed the staff still preparing the props, she hurriedly typed, “Busy right now, but nothing for later. I miss you :( “

 

“Himnae, Seohyun-ssi! Go out with your friends, have fun and be crazy. I miss you more :(”

 

“Thanks, Oppa. Everything ‘s good in your corner? My stilettos are killing me.”

 

“Yep, all good… then take them off…”

 

“I can’t. We're not done yet. I forgot my spare flats.”

 

“Tsk, I wish I could give you a foot massage…”

 

“I wish you could…” Seohyun smiled at the thought but it was replaced by a frown when she was asked to get ready for the next shoot. Hurriedly, she sent him a reply, “Gotta go, Oppa. Talk to you tonight?”

 

“Need to turn off my phone too… yeah, later… I love you, Seo Joohyun-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter