Twenty One

Beneath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

TWENTY ONE

 

 

The convenience store was located in this quiet neighborhood that took them a few winding streets before reaching it. Yonghwa wasn’t exaggerating when he described the place to her since it was basically hidden among other shops that were already closed that time. Only the old man that was manning the store was at the counter watching some old movie on his small TV.

 

Seohyun finally took off the facemask that he threw at her in his room after she fussed about taking extra caution. He smirked while lifting her chin with one finger and brushing his lips against hers while they were scanning the displays for other snacks they could get. Yonghwa couldn’t help but be very delighted seeing her in his sweatshirt and the ball cap thst was hiding the rest of her hair, “You look too cute and y in my clothes, Hyun.”

 

She rolled her eyes and sighed allowing him to get another kiss before pushing him off when she noticed the pack of sweet potato chips behind him, “I think we’re all set, unless you want some more.”

 

Yonghwa watched her casually then looked around as if checking the shelves but bended closer and caught her off guard, “I want some more kisses.”

 

“You are taking advantage of your borrowed freedom, mister,” Seohyun said dryly and walked away leaving him chuckling behind her.

 

They paid for their food but to their amusement, the old man didn’t even lift his head to look at his customers. They chose one of the tables inside the shop but decided to face away from the window just to be sure. Sharing one big bowl of hot ramyun and the other chips in front of them, they casually talked about their work. He ate more and Seohyun smiled approvingly at him when he slurped the remaining soup then they both reclined back to their seats full and contented.

 

“So, it’s like this?” Seohyun turned to him with that little twinkle in her eyes that made him smile in return.

 

“Yeah, it’s like this. Does it make you feel good?”

 

“You make me feel good,” she gave him a toothy grin when he impishly pounded his fist on his chest dramatically. Then, Seohyun shifted on her seat to face him and gave his hand a little shake, “I Iike this, Oppa. This feels normal. I wish we can do so much of this normal stuff.”

 

Yonghwa did a double take when something dawned on him. Despite being in the limelight herself, she still craved for those moments that ordinary people probably take for granted. It was something he cannot really give her this time— it was something that can only be remedied by this stolen freedom she talked about awhile ago. Instead of telling her he was sorry, Yongwa managed to give her a small adoring smile, “What other normal stuff do you have in mind?”

 

She shrugged then leaned closer to the table and plopped her elbow looking at him, “Anything that normal couples do. Like walking in the park holding hands, eating in a crowded restaurant but not the kind where most people are like us hiding from scandals. Go to an amusement park with lots of kids playing around... something where we don't need to hide...”

 

Yonghwa could no longer deal with the tinge of pain reflected in her faraway stare. It was not really only about their relationship but mainly the life they live. Reaching out, he took her hand and patted her soft palm gently, “I'm sorry, baby... I would love to do all those and more with you. I wish—“

 

“Hey, I didn't tell you those to make you feel bad...” she shook her head, “I just want to express my thoughts. Are you upset?”

 

“No... I'm not, upset with our situation probably.”

 

“But this is my normal now... you are my normal. The kind of normal we have. I guess anything will be normal as long as I'm with you.”

 

Yonghwa found his smile as he held her soft hand and stare at those eyes unafraid to say their thoughts. It was still a surprise for him that Seohyun can be this open to him considering how she seemed guarded before. But he didn’t say this observation thinking that she might not take it lightly, instead Yonghwa pulled his chair closer to hers and dropped his arm behind hers.

 

“Ah, right,” Seohyun suddenly turned to him, “How was your radio interview the other day?”

 

Yonghwa pretended to grimace, “You didn’t listen?”

 

She grinned but tapped his leg to pacify him, “I tried but I was on a shoot.”

 

“Ahhh… we just talked about our promotions and the new album. I also overheard about the concert tour the company is planning.”

 

“Wow, that’s good news. How about the Japanese promotion? Is that the same with the new album?”

 

“Not really, we will be doing a series of showcases first just to get the feel of the fans and the market and probably we will know then if we would make the Japanese album,” he said thoughtfully then quipped, “Enough about me, anything new with you?”

 

“Nothing really, but there’s an event I will attend to a few weeks from now in Japan so hopefully I can watch your concert,” Seohyun supplied casually but laughed when his face lit up like Christmas.

 

“Really?!” Yonghwa childishly shook the arm rest of the plastic chair she was sitting on, “Tell me your schedule. Maybe we can go somewhere while we’re both there.”

 

Seohyun nodded but her face shifted into something sober, “Oppa, does your management know? About us?”

 

The worry in her eyes could not be hidden from the smile she was wearing so Yonghwa leaned closer and tucked some hair behind her ear and kissed the skin close to her ear. Her obvious unexpected jerk from his kiss made him chuckle then he whispered, “I talked to our CEO about you.”

 

“What did he say?”

 

“As expected, he was not very happy but I managed to convince him that I will be very careful. He just told me not to get in any kind of trouble.” Yonghwa smiled when she sighed, “You?”

 

“Unnie is basically my company,” she smiled, “She has our ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter