Twenty

Beneath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWENTY

 

 

Their latest shoot for L’Or was one of those moments Seohyun wanted to end too soon. For starters, there were a few moments when she struggled to keep her excited boyfriend at bay with all his naughty advances. Also, Yonghwa had been hanging out a lot in her dressing room during breaks but, thankfully, they were both acting normal that they didn’t hear any whispers about them.

 

However, when the last wardrobe was brought out, she had this mixture of uncertainty and excitement. The stylist gave her a mid-thigh white corset dress made from taffeta and lace to match the concept of vibrant vintage. Although she had been wearing dress around him, she was both excited and nervous as to how he would react to this one. When Seohyun walked out of the dressing room, her breath was suddenly caught in when she saw him having his first solo shots.

 

Yonghwa was wearing white jeans and a vintage sports jacket and nothing more; his toned pectoral and abdominal muscles peeked out every time he would casually move. Seohyun gulped. It was basically the first time seeing his package. She felt those hard areas before when they kissed or when her hands would get lost in those every possible area of his body but this was the first time seeing them—and she couldn’t just look away.

 

Finally, Yonghwa took notice of her presence in the room that when their eyes met, they instinctively drew in a secret smile to each other. Realizing she had been holding her breath, and not because of the tightness of her dress, Seohyun exhaled out loud that the stylist beside her asked if she was alright. She nodded and smiled meekly just as the director called him for his break and she was called on to take the stage. When some of the crews started making adjustments, Yonghwa walked over to the side where she was standing and waiting for her turn. Seohyun looked around casually before giving him an inquisitive stare and made sure she kept her gaze at eye level.

 

“What?” She finally grumbled softly after a few seconds of him just studying her.

 

Yonghwa snickered after his eyes were done travelling from her high-heeled feet up to her tight-fitting dress, “Lady, you look like too ready to have that tight dress ripped off you.”

 

She managed a pretentious chortle as she pulled her chin up, “Too tight… it would be too hard for you to rip.”

 

“Try me…” Yonghwa gave her a knowing glance.

 

“No, thanks,” she shrugged and started walking but whispered when her arm brushed his, “Nice abs, by the way.”

 

“Feel free to touch.”

 

Seohyun stopped on her track and her eyes danced in glee, “Just touch?”

 

“Well then, feel free to .”

 

“Tempting. Remind me later.”

 

“As if you’d forget.”

 

Seohyun laughed softly finally walking away from his growing ego. Unfortunately, no , not even touching happened since the shoot took longer than expected and Yonghwa rushed to his next schedule and she needed to be at the airport to catch her flight to Hong Kong with Taeyeon.

 

~~~

 

Almost a week had passed since their last photoshoot but they haven’t seen each other again because of their usual schedules. During Sooyoung’s ‘runaway’ bridal shower in Bali, Seohyun was caught on the spot by her playful unnies that she couldn’t do anything but reveal her new status with Yonghwa. As usual, she didn’t escape and had to endure the good-natured jokes that went along the revelation.

 

However, one of the things that retained in her memory was her unnies’ warning about guys losing interest once they succeeded in pursing the girl. Seohyun didn’t think it was a big deal since their communication didn’t falter. Then again, she tried calling him one night after she finished her schedule earlier and she knew that he too was free, but he didn’t answer her calls. After a few tries, Yonghwa sent her a message instead telling her that he had sore throat so he couldn’t talk well. That set off the warning bells for her so she decided to call Taeyeon and asked her to get Yonghwa’s address.

 

She felt stupid and irritated by the mere thought that she didn’t even know where he lives until that time. Mustering enough audacity, Seohyun brought herself unannounced in the apartment he shared with his bandmates. It was the tallest member who answered the door surprised to see her there that she boldly introduced herself and he scurried inside the house even forgetting to invite her in.

 

The other vocalist opened the door again and coolly introduced himself as Jonghyun then ushered her inside. Taking her seat on the black upholstered day bed, Seohyun studied the space where the four men lived. It was a fairly-sized apartment for the boys with the large sitting room, an adjacent small kitchen and a hallway which she reckoned leads to their bedrooms.

 

After a few minutes, a good-looking one arrived and looked equally shocked to see her inside their apartment like the taller guy who first answered the door. He shyly introduced himself as Minhyuk and ran off disappearing from the doorway like the other two men. Seohyun was even more suspicious as she mindlessly spun her phone on her hand. Finally, the taller guy appeared again and she stood forgetting the smile she was wearing the first time he opened the door.

 

“I-I’m so sorry awhile ago. We didn’t expect visitors,” he mumbled scratching the back of his head, “I am Jungshin, by the way. Hyung is still sleeping. We were trying to wake—“

 

“Can I see him?” Seohyun cut him off obviously holding her anger. If these guys were just covering for her so-called boyfriend, at least she won’t be fooled by the act. Thankfully, Jungshin just nodded and escorted her in the hallway until they stopped at the last room on her right.

 

Without knocking, he opened the door for her but didn’t follow anymore and closed it when Seohyun was inside. She scanned the dimly lit room and noticed that lump of sheets on the right side of the bed. A deep sigh escaped her body and mentally kicked herself for even thinking stupid crazy thoughts.

 

Forgetting to even look around his bedroom, she sat on the biggest space on his bed and sighed— her heart melted away, she wanted to cry. Keeping her emotions in check, she decided not to show this side of herself to him.

 

“Oppa…” she said softly hoping it was a good idea that she was actually waking him up. When there was no other noise or movement coming from him, Seohyun placed a hand on what seemed to be his hip and patted him gently. Leaning closer, she whispered, “Oppa...”

 

At last, Yonghwa suddenly emerged from the sheets flailing his arms that he almost knocked her out if not for her quick reflex. Seohyun giggled when he peer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter