Beneath 1.1

Beneath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

A year before baby no. 2…

 

It has been about seven years since they have been together. The strength of their love had been put to test long before they had their daughter. Just a year ago, they faced one major challenge in their relationship when they were revealed in the public. It was chaos and they thought it was the end of his career but their fans stepped up and managed to keep the band. Now, CodenameBlue is one of the senior idol bands that still have a huge chunk of followers. Although they are not as busy as they were on their younger days, the band still has major projects and endorsements.

 

Lately, Yonghwa has more time to spend with Seohyun and Euna and it seemed like he had been making up to all the lost times with them. And she could not be any happier, if not for one thing.

 

Seohyun has been waiting for it ever since things simmered down. She expected— and people around them expected— for the grand wedding to happen soon especially for Euna. However, Yonghwa remained quiet like it was not a major issue. She, too, didn’t know how to feel about that silence.

 

One night, as they were cuddling in the living room after putting Euna to bed, they were watching a movie and everything was normal until a wedding scene flashed on the screen. The silence was heavier. Yonghwa shifted a little and she unconsciously moved off his embrace crossing her arms on her chest.

 

The scene felt like getting dragged along with them and Seohyun couldn’t stop herself anymore, “When am I ever going to have that?”

 

It took Yonghwa a few puffs of air before he pulled her back closer to him and kissed her shoulder murmuring softly, “Tiger…”

 

She didn’t say anything more but just allowed him to wrap his arm around her again. The past years before, he would always mention about marrying her when things got better and she, somehow, believed that. However this time, he wouldn’t even mention it and that realization pissed her off some more. The wedding scene in the movie was over but the anger was simmering inside especially when she turned to him and he was just coolly sitting there, feet up on the center table and a can of cold beer on his other hand.

 

“Come to think of it, are we ever going to get married?” Seohyun scoffed and he finally fidgeted beside her even putting the can on the table. Shrugging, she focused her attention on the TV as if she didn’t mean what she said.

 

He took a deep breath and sighed, “Hyun—”

 

“Oppa,” she closed her eyes for a minute and shook her head, “Just pretend I didn’t say anything…”

 

Yonghwa shifted and faced her but she stood abruptly and went to their bedroom. She had another good cry as she took a shower and when she emerged from the bathroom, Seohyun found him sitting on the bed waiting for her. Taking a deep breath, she looked away when Yonghwa tried to reach out to her.

 

That night, she slept in Euna’s room.

 

~~~

 

“Aigoo… maybe he’s just too busy right now and after what happened last year, the band is still picking things up where they left off.”

 

“Almost ‘left off’…” Seohyun corrected watching her Unnie multitask. She sighed for the nth time because she knew that Taeyeon was right—he is busy. She had been complaining all morning but the older girl seemed to have all the answers to the questions she was not really asking but merely whining about. Documents, photographs and handphones littered Taeyeon’s enormous mahogany table and she only lifted her head to look at Seohyun for a couple of times showing how busy she really was and it was not really a good time for her to bother her but she just couldn’t help it. While she spread herself on the cushy sofa, her unnie was patient enough not to drive her away but she felt like she was not really sympathetic to her cause so she blurted, “Why do I feel like you’re taking his side?”

 

Taeyeon laughed out loud and waved a hand at her, “I am so not taking his side; I’m merely making you see his side.” She shrugged, “You’re just getting impatient.”

 

“It’s been a year… I probably have the right to be impatient now,” she pointed out indignantly as she stared into the ceiling, “I don’t even know who I am to him anymore! Am I still a girlfriend?”

 

“His fiancée…”

 

“That brings us back to why I’m whining to you!” That definitely made Seohyun sit upright, “He hasn’t even proposed!”

 

Taeyeon dropped the paper and pen and propped her arms on the table looking bluntly at the other girl, “I thought he did long time ago…”

 

“Only because I got pregnant!”

 

“Okay, I do understand you… I would probably rant about this if it was me.” The older girl finally gave her one small sympathetic smile, “I honestly don’t know how to comfort you, Hyunie…”

 

Seohyun took a deep breath and pouted to herself, “I even stopped sleeping with him…”

 

“What?!” Taeyeon almost bolted from her seat shaking in laughter. The younger girl did another long suffering sigh and just ignored her unnie’s obvious pleasure. “You’re depriving him of because he won’t marry you?”

 

The image of him sulking one night when she shrugged him off flashed in her mind. The look on his face was so pathetic but he deserved it so she snickered back at her, “No before marriage, Unnie…”

 

“You should have thought of that five years ago though…” Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

 

“Then I wouldn’t have had Euna… fine,” Seohyun laughed lightheartedly, “Still… no before marriage.”

 

“Do you think that’s a good idea?”

 

The look Taeyeon gave her, aside from her question, was thought provoking. She didn’t really know if it was a good idea but the only reason that she could give was brought out in a mumble, “I just can’t stand him, Unnie…”

 

The older girl gave her another long shot but didn’t say more to that. Seohyun looked farther away— over the cityscape outside the mirrored wall. There was this distance now right after that n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter