Three

Beneath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THREE

 

Almost a week ago when Seohyun left him open-mouthed on their first day of shoot, she thought she would have that sense of accomplishment for putting that man in his proper place before he even begin his conquest. However, she was undeniably restless. She knew she overreacted but then again, it wasn’t really her— but her heart. That day, the relaxing bath she imagined before the shoot only turned out to be a mind struggle.

 

She was just uncomfortable with the thought that Yonghwa set her emotions into overdrive. One moment, she found the blush on his cheeks cute when she offered her hand for a handshake. When he held her hand longer and she realized the man he probably was, it pissed her off. Furthermore, when he flirted loudly with those interns at the set—she was even more furious. But then again, the way he held her gaze during the shoot consumed her to confusion.

 

That thought definitely brought her to that moment he looked as if he was reaching out for her. Her breath hitched and the muscles in her stomach coiled she had to shut her eyes tight and pretend they were not affecting her. However, the moment she opened her eyes again, she was in a trance that her arm just lifted up towards him.

 

Thankfully today, she didn’t need to face him since the call sheet only said that it would be her individual shoot. It was an editorial spread that featured her transition to that wide-eyed girl from an Asian country relatively new to the world of fashion into that woman who has made her mark globally. 

 

The shoot went smoothly until the final wrap was called and Seohyun took a deep breath as she walked over to Director Choi and checked the raw files. She laughed and chatted with them for awhile until she felt like she was being watched. Unassumingly, she turned around hoping that she was wrong but a hard wall of muscles almost knocked her off her feet. Her eyes lifted to confirm her thoughts.

 

“Whoa, easy there, baby…” Yonghwa held her wrist steadying her on her feet with that hint of smirk on his lips.

 

“Sorry,” she muttered under her breath walking past him trying to calm the storm brewing. And did he just call her ‘baby’? Seohyun deliberately shuddered. It was supposed to be her shoot so it was weird seeing him there. She didn’t really give an F as to why he was there so she went on to pack and get going.

 

Being so used to this routine, she normally doesn’t ask for her agent or an assistant to be around and accompany her especially if the shoot won’t take so much of her time. Seohyun is actually more comfortable doing things for herself than have people scurry around for her. After a quick last check inside her duffel bag, she headed out but a hand dropped on her shoulder stopping her on her tracks.

 

She heaved deeply knowing who it was before even turning.

 

“Why do I get the feeling that you're avoiding me?”

 

“I seriously don't have any idea why you’re feeling that way.” Seohyun slightly grimaced but, surprisingly, a soft laugh escaped seeing the surprise written on Yonghwa’s face with that comeback. It feels really nice to knock him off his mind sometimes. She cleared , “What makes you think I'm avoiding you?”

 

“Hmmm… well, I'm planning to tell you over a few drinks.”

 

She laughed again. This guy is good. However, two can play this game, “How about coffee? But I still have another appointment in about two hours.”

 

“Coffee sounds perfect.” Yonghwa’s lips broke into a silly smile, “Your car or mine?”

 

An eyebrow lifted then she coughed, “Lead the way. I’ll be right behind you...” She then walked off giving him no other choice but to follow. In the car, she told herself that she was making the right decision of going out with him since she doesn't want him to see her as a challenge. Men like him love challenges and the more she tries to put him off, the more he would bother her.

 

Maybe she should turn the Date One button on for Jung Yonghwa.

 

The moment she stepped out of the car and handed the key over to the valet attendant, Yonghwa was already outside leaning on one pillar of the entrance of a hotel. He whistled as the car move ahead and she walked over to him.

 

“Aston Martin, huh? Fast car,” he tsk-ed at her but she just shrugged.

 

Her silver ride is a sort of a need-and-want for her. It was her Taeyeon Unnie who coaxed her into buying a manly car to intimidate those testosterones that try to bribe her excessively for her company. Whatever they can offer, she can surely get them herself—including a posh four-bedroom villa in a ritzy estate.

 

After a few seconds of trying to get o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter