Nineteen

Beneath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NINETEEN

 

 

“What could happen to us?”

 

“I don’t know…”

 

“It could be worse,” Seohyun whispered as her head fell on his shoulder and Yonghwa wrapped his fingers on hers.

 

Lifting their hands, he kissed her knuckles and sighed, “But at least we have each other…”

 

“It’s a nice thought, isn’t it?” She raised her head to look at him for a second and he smiled in agreement.

 

“Yeah, it’s definitely nice.”

 

Seohyun watched his eyes lingered on their clasped hands. He was holding her tight like never wanting to let go. Before going to the club, she really planned on coming clean of her feelings to him and she didn’t thought the day would turn out that way. Too many emotions came rushing to her for only that single day and it made her wonder if it would really be this kind of relationship with him—urgent and insatiable.

 

“What are you thinking?” She finally asked when Yonghwa remained fixated on their fingers and her free hand caught the hem of his shirt and absentmindedly coiled the fabric on her forefinger.

 

However, he only gave her one short intense gaze as he dropped his attention back on her lap before brushing a kiss on the side of her neck. Then, with a very cool voice, he whispered sending tingling sensation on her body, “Awhile ago at the club…”

 

“Hmmmm…” Seohyun mumbled as her eyes closed

 

“Were you seducing me?”

 

She laughed meeting his gaze then soothed her palm up and down his arm. Bending slightly again, he kissed the side of her ear that she jerked by the electricity that shoot straight to her head. Pushing him away, she shrugged casually, “Was I?”

 

“You were…” he grinned as he ran a hand along the length of her exposed thigh.

 

“So?” Her eyebrows lowered avoiding his gaze and caught his hand that was halfway through her thigh, “What if I was?” She asked trying so hard to sound casual but Yonghwa prompted her chin to rise up by kissing the juncture of her neck and jaw that her back unconsciously arched by the sensation. To hold herself steady, her hand found the soft backrest of the chaise as Yonghwa started mapping the length of with his wet lips.

 

“Hmmm, nothing… we could continue—“

 

“Oppa…” Ignoring the hum of her own body brought by the effects of his touches, Seohyun finally sat up straight grinning that he glowered at her. Fixing him a toothy smile, she removed herself from his lap and fixed her dress when she stood, “Food might come…”

 

“Not yet here…” Yonghwa clicked his tongue. Crossing her arms on her chest, she gave him a very exaggerated side-eye that he took a deep sigh and held up his hands, “Fine, boss.”

 

Seohyun smiled to herself in satisfaction then marched back in her bedroom to freshen up.

 

A few minutes later, the Jjajangmyeon was delivered and they both decided to eat in the living room with the food laid on the coffee table and they sat on the floor. They were silent as they ate, only throwing playful glances once in awhile or reaching out to wipe each other’s lips smeared with the black sauce. It felt all new for Seohyun but, at the same time, something really ethereal—having him so close, knowing what they mean to each other and feeling this overwhelming sense of contentment.

 

It had been years since she was in a relationship that she barely remembered how happy she had been then. Seohyun vaguely remembered why they broke up but it was something that her Eomoni advised on her especially since they were both new to the industry. Her mentor did not really disapprove of her relationship and was even encouraging her to express her feelings more to the opposite since it would also be helpful to her career. But when things started for her, Seohyun decided that it was better not to complicate their relationship that they parted, if not as good friends, as colleagues. They usually meet several times since they are in the same line of work and she could tell that they are in good terms.

 

And now, the heart she had been guarding for a long, long time has been opened again. Taeyeon used to kid her that the man who would be able to snag her is probably some kind of a saint. She wanted to laugh out loud with the thought. Because of her background, Seohyun was careful to the point of being paranoid so letting her defenses fall for this guy was something inevitable.

 

She was still scared and perhaps the fear won’t go away especially for choosing Yonghwa but she couldn’t really help it. It was like she just got to be with him. Seohyun sighed thinking of the possibilities—the complications of choosing him and this kind of relationship. “We are really doing this,” she found herself saying and watched him by the corner of her eyes.

 

Yonghwa pushed his own bowl and looked at her. Her legs were stretched on the floor, back resting on the edge of the sofa and she was staring ahead in nothing in particular. He laughed, stretching his own legs. Then, he replied with that little smug grin spread on his face, “Yes, baby. We’re really doing this.”

 

“We are…” Seohyun sighed and looked at him like it was just sinking in, “I have a boyfriend now.”

 

Yonghwa laughed out loud, “Flash news.”

 

“I know, right?” Truth be told, she was certainly thrilled because she never really wanted to have a boyfriend and most especially Yonghwa. The idea that she was going to have a boyfriend in the future who was probably a businessman or an ordinary guy somewhere out there had always been engraved in her mind. And now that she sit in her house beside him was seriously mindblowing. Seohyun took a deep breath again, “They’re right, wow… what people say about not choosing the person they will like.”

 

“Seohyun-ssi.” Finally, Yonghwa scooted closer dropping a hand on her bare lap and tapping her thigh lightly, “I am as thrilled as you are. Do you know I have this huge crush on you?”

 

“You did?” She lifted a brow when she noticed him sneaking closer to her again but her lips were twitching just a bit for a real smile.

 

“I did… and I still do,” Yonghwa nodded dropping a gentle kiss on the top of her shoulder, “I am as overwhelmed as you are. Probably, more. Just exactly how many people on this earth could be as lucky as I am feeling right now?”

 

“A few, I guess,” Seohyun agreed feigning a conceited grin. “But seriously, Jung Yonghwa of this idol group is my boyfriend? Can you believe that?”

 

“And Seo Joohyun, one of the most famous women in the country, is my girlfriend? That’s totally astounding!”

 

Seohyun made face when he clicked his tongue and shook his head. Then again, she involuntarily swallowed when he gave her one of those intense stare. It doesn’t really make her uncomfortable, in fact, the jump in her chest and shivers were all caused by anticipation. As expected, Yonghwa moved closer then kissed her shoulder unt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter