Beneath 1.3

Beneath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

She looked up to her daddy and giggled when he winked at her after laughing softly while he was talking on the phone. Euna knew then that he was talking to Umma because only her mommy could make him laugh like that. Appa looked very tired these days and she knew why. They have been preparing for the biggest umma-and-appa day but it was a secret, at least to her mommy. Three days ago, Euna was in Busan with halmeoni and harabeoji and they sent her back to Seoul to stay with her Hyo Imo who was also going to be at the umma-and-appa day.

 

When Umma went away, Appa started to get busy. He was always on the phone talking to people, some she knows like her Taeyeon and Hyo and Fany Imos and some she didn’t know like when he was talking about flowers and dresses and cakes and caterers, whatever that meant. One day when her Imo went to pick up her halmeoni who has the same name as hers from the airport, her Appa took her and they went with her samchons to their park.

 

Euna thought it was a secret park where only them knew since nobody would be there every time they would come to play. But that time, there was so many people fixing and putting up stuff. She asked her daddy what those men were doing but he only said it was for the surprise.

 

That morning, Euna woke up to see the dress she is going to wear for the big day hanging by the window. It was still inside the transparent plastic and it made her heart pitter-patter to see how pretty it was. She chose it from the book her Fany Imo brought to her Taeyeon Imo’s office one time. It was a pretty green fairy dress with a pair of tiny baby pink wings. She is really excited to wear that later!

 

“Do you remember what you need to do, princess?” Euna turned as Hyo Imo’s hand soothed her hair.

 

“Uh-huh,” she nodded vigorously. After all, Taeyeon Imo called a meeting yesterday at her office and Euna was so happy and excited that she was part of the meeting like grown up! Imo checked everything that is going to happen today. All the people who are helping for the special day were there at the big ‘confrence room and she sat beside her Appa.

 

They talked about the cakes and the foods and the wines and the flowers. Two imos showed pictures of the flowers and lights and stuff like those. Another funny guy that wore a Japanese dress from her Imo’s office brought out a mannequin with a beautiful white dress that was shining and sparkling ‘cause of the diamonds and jewels. It was white but when the sun hit the diamonds, they sparkled into tiny different colors like her klydoscope! Her dress too has many different jewels and diamonds but the white dress was too beautiful like a white fairy queen dress!

 

Euna knew it was for her mommy.

 

And thinking of Umma makes her miss her more. Her mommy would call her every night to say good night and pray together but it made Euna sad very much not to see her and hug her and smell her mommy smell. But Appa said after today, he will never let umma go for a long, long time like six sleeps, without taking Euna and him. She believed Appa because he was sad too that Umma is gone for a long, long time, like six sleeps!

 

“Euna, you’re not listening again…”

 

She looked up to see Hyo Imo frowning at her so Euna dropped her flower basket on the table and smiled pretty at her. “I will go to Umma and take her to Taeyeon Imo!”

 

“Smart girl!” Hyoyeon shuffled her hair with a grin, “And then?”

 

“We will help Umma put on her dress and take her to Appa.”

 

“And?”

 

“I will be the flower fairy princess girl!”

 

“Oh wow… that’s a pretty long title… but yes you will be the flower something whatever, sweetie!” Hyo Imo clasped her hands together, “And remember, you have to spread the flowers on the ground when you walk up to Appa, okay?”

 

“Okay,” she answered in a sing-song voice. And then, Hyo Imo’s phone started ringing so she walked away from her and Euna saw her Appa looking at the big wide TV on one side of the flower garden where the umma-and-appa movie was playing. Euna giggled when she saw him smiling then sniffing. She clicked her tongue and shook her head 'cause Appa had those goo-goo eyes again. “You will see Umma later,” Euna finally said and he looked down at her then he burst into laughter that made her giggle some more.

 

Then Appa knelt beside her with a tiny smile, “Euna, you know today is a very special day for umma and appa…”

 

“Uh-huh,” she nodded then grinned, “It’s umma-and-appa day!”

 

“It is,” Appa smiled tucking some strands of hair behind her ear, “And it’s more than that. Later today, I’m going to marry your mommy, sweetheart. And it’s even more special because you will be with us and you get to see it.” Euna smiled then he continued, “I will make a promise to umma that I will love her forever and I want you to remember today. When you grow up, Euna, I want you to always carry the memory of this day in your mind and in your heart. Always remember that Appa loves Umma very, very much and she does the same to me. Because of that love we have you, and we will probably have another baby after this but you will always be the first to come out of that love. And when you grow up, although I will feel really sad about it, I hope for you to have someone who will love you the same way I love your mommy. So Euna, remember today, okay?”

 

She didn’t really understand everything that he said ‘cause it was too many but she knew in her heart that her Appa said something really nice so she nodded, “’Kay, I pwamis…”

 

Appa smiled and kissed her cheek, “Okay, Euna…”

 

“Can I have ice cream now?” Her daddy laughed louder, this time, so Euna frowned at him that he just nodded.

 

“Yes, you can have all the ice cream you want today.”

 

Euna raised

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter