Seventeen

Beneath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEVENTEEN

 

“Wanna try me, then?” Yonghwa was teasing and he knew that she loved being teased. Seohyun pulled her arm away—the one he had been caressing for a couple of minutes until now. He, too, settled deeper on his seat with a satisfied smile plastered on his lips. He has this feeling that he was almost there—or he was there already, only that the woman he chose is seriously stubborn, even to herself.

 

When she her gaze moved away from him, Yonghwa decided to let it go for awhile. Pressuring her was not part of his strategy since he was leaning more on making her realize on her own why she should just fck everything else and be with him. Letting his eyes roam around the bar, he noticed some familiar people in the industry who were, just like him and Seohyun, taking advantage of the privacy and exclusivity of the establishment. It was a high-end bar and restaurant that patrons are encouraged to book before coming and privacy is their top priority.

 

After the much needed pause, Yonghwa was ready to go back all Mr. Charming to her when his attention lazily fell into the entrance where a couple came in. The woman didn’t see him at first but when they started scanning the room, her eyes fell directly at him. Yonghwa was surprised to say the least because it had been years since they last saw each other. She looked happy in that man's arms and—

 

“O-oppa…” A soft voice caressed his mind back to earth and forced a smile at Seohyun who seemed to have looked startled and confused until she masked them again by an ever-familiar shrug, “Mind telling me why you look like you’ve seen a ghost?”

 

Yonghwa lounged on his chair and grinned gingerly, “Nothing.”

 

“Not buying…”

 

Seohyun crossed her arms on her chest and gave him that look that was telling him she meant business. Yonghwa had to remind himself that he practically promised to let her in his life so there was no point in hiding things like this. It was a better time to let her know his past than to ignore its existence. Maybe it would also encourage her to open up with him. He reached out and gently soothed his palm on her arm. Taking a deep breath, he said sincerely, “The story I told you at the park…”

 

“She—”

 

The realization must have came to her moments ago but he nodded to confirm her thoughts.

 

“Are you okay?” Seohyun asked almost in a whisper and dropped her gaze down when he shrugged.

 

Suddenly, Yonghwa was having second thoughts of telling her because she was silenced after that. Now, he was more worried because of the way her eyes looked.

 

“Did you play around because of her?”

 

Yonghwa didn’t answer that. He was weighing things carefully. Watching her reaction and noting the jealousy that he noticed there.

“Win her back.” Seohyun said softly but her words were vile and her eyes were challenging. Yonghwa couldn’t stop the smile from slowly forming until she looked even more annoyed that she snapped “What?”

 

“Win her back?” He finally started with a gentle voice in an attempt not to meet her fury head-on. Yonghwa grinned shaking his head, “No longer interested. Besides, I'm trying to win someone else.”

 

“Ahhhh… seriously,” Seohyun rolled her eyes and sneered probably hiding her relief but she craned her neck looking at the couple directly then shot him a cool stare, “Does seeing her with someone make you jealous?”

 

“Hmmm…” he lounged on his chair and looked at her intently. Yonghwa was enjoying this little experiment, eager to finally bring her to her breaking point. “Maybe.”

 

“Do you think she will be jealous seeing us?”

 

“I don't know...” Yonghwa just shrugged. This was like — they were on a , and he’s waiting for her to tell him to take the rest of her. The thought made him want to laugh.

 

“Wanna find out?”

 

Yonghwa blinked. There was something in her eyes that made him curious and he unconsciously shifted on his own chair that there was only two-feet distance separating them. “How?” Yonghwa asked but to his surprise, Seohyun’s hand fisted on his jacket and before he knew it, he was pulled closer towards her.

 

“This.”

 

His eyes moved from her misty pair to the soft curves of until Seohyun captured his lower lip and kissed him ever so softly. Her tongue played well with his own in a very lazy move that it was too sensual to focus on the world around them. Feeling her moan sent vibrations through his body as his hands held her cheeks to keep her from even thinking of stopping this. And he kissed her greedier, tugging her bottom lip and provoking her tongue. Yonghwa only slowed down when he felt her gasped for air and her palm pressing hard on his chest that he finally set her lips free but pressed a small kiss on the side of .

 

“Baby, looks like you’ve proven your point,” Yonghwa whispered against her lips with a slow smile soothing both his thumbs on the sides of her ears, “Let’s get out of here so we can do this properly.” A grin formed when Seohyun just nodded silently but the flush on her face was an obvious hint that she was very .

                                

Half an hour later, they were inside his car and he was still trying to rewind everything that just happened. It was a surprise to see her again and realizing that she is with the same guy over these years caused his heart to stumble for a short while until Seohyun brought him back to reality. The stunt that she pulled was equally surprising and intoxicating—the kiss surely made him forget the woman who broke his heart.

 

And now, he drove silently while Seohyun was looking out of the passenger window, one elbow plopped on her side as her head was resting on her palm. She suggested finding out if the woman would be jealous when in truth it was her who was already fuming with jealousy. The realization made him smile—this girl is seriously unpredictable. Quietly, he sneaked one hand and dropped it gently on top of hers that was resting on her lap. When Seohyun did not pull away, he entangled their fingers, brought her hand closer to him and kissed her knuckles. Yonghwa heard her took a deep sigh so he passed her one quick look and smiled, “You okay, baby?”

 

She nodded. Then shot him a small glare, “You okay, baby?”

 

“Better than okay,” Yonghwa chuckled softly, tugged her hand and kissed her knuckles again, “But, honestly, I’m hungry. I only had beer.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“It’s okay,” he grinned noting that sudden realization on her face when he threw her a quick look, “I can buy something on the way home.”

 

“My place is closer, maybe there’s something we can make there,” Seohyun replied nonchalantly.

 

“Seo Joohyun-ssi, are you inviting me in?”

 

She took a moment to answer then shrugged, “If you want to… or you can just get something on the way to your house.”

 

“Tiger,” Yonghwa laughed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter