Six

Beneath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

SIX

 

 

From the moment her eyes opened and recalled about their call time for L’Or, she activated her pissed mode on. But then again, she reminded herself, like the hundredth time last night, that she doesn’t care. Of course, she doesn’t care! Why does she even bother to activate any kinds of mode for that worthless piece of testosterone? Seohyun grumbled and scolded herself for giving him that chance to make herself feel like that.

 

Men like him know their way to anything that wears skirt and she was dumb enough to feel helpless especially the last time they were together. But now that she has seen the light, Seohyun vowed not to let him affect her any further than he did a few days ago.

 

“God… just exactly what was I thinking?”

 

With renewed conviction, she assured herself that whatever that Yonghwa person does or say to her won’t have any effects at all.

 

The location for their next shoot was so far from her place that she asked her Unnie for a driver and assistant. Taeyeon just sent a driver and promised to pop out in the middle of the day to help her out. For the second time though, Seohyun came later than everybody else. Thankfully, Sooyoung called just as she was about to step out of the car and totally flipped her pissed off mode.

 

She bowed at everybody she met and waved at Director Choi who was talking to a staff. She slipped inside the makeshift dressing room and stopped for a few seconds realizing she would be sharing it with the person she vowed to detest again.

 

“Hyunnie, still there?”

 

“Ah, yes, sorry Unnie…” She slightly tipped her head for formality’s sake when Yonghwa finally realized her presence. She sat on the chair with her name on it and sighed a depressing ‘why’ to herself. But she smiled hoping her annoyance won’t be too obvious to her friend on the other line. “So, Unnie, do I get to choose my dress?”

 

“No! Of course not! It’s my wedding, I get to choose everything.”

 

Seohyun laughed softly pretending she could not feel that the person next to her was looking at her reflection in the mirror, “You mean you don’t want that kind of bridesmaid on runway thing.”

 

“Exactly, been living that life… my wedding should be different. Good thing Oppa let me do all the planning.”

 

“You’re really lucky you found a guy like him, Unnie.” This time, she shot him a particular glance on the glass in front of them, “The loyal type is hard to come by these days.”

 

She heard Sooyoung laugh, “So you must start choosing from among your stock. They say choose the lesser evil, start building that foundation with someone, Hyunnie. Relationships are fun too.”

 

They were looking at each other in the mirror as she listened to her Unnie. Yonghwa watched her with serious expression. Her unnie’s words fluttered in her head. Wiping that small smile off her lips, she replied rather softly but pointedly, “I don’t do relationships.”

 

For a fraction of second, Seohyun saw that twitch in his face as if realizing that she just said that directly to him. Sooyoung was laughing and telling her something but nothing seemed to register in her mind but that grim expression he suddenly put on.

 

Pulling her gaze away from his, she sighed, “Hey, Unnie, I’m sorry, I have to go…”

 

“Okay, sweetie, make sure you make it for the bridal shower.”

 

“I certainly will.” Her call ended and she looked around for the stylists.

 

“Mr. Han called a few minutes ago, they were held up by a car accident so they will be late.” Yonghwa supplied as if reading her thoughts.

 

She nodded and decided to pretend to be busy with her phone.

 

“So you don't do relationships.”

 

At last, he broke the silence and she hated him more for doing so. Seohyun refused to look at him but muttered bluntly, “Doesn’t it occur to you that listening to others’ private conversation is downright rude?”

 

“I wasn't listening, I overheard. There's a huge difference.”

 

Rolling her eyes, she realized that he was using that same old flirty tone but she was no longer interested to flirt back. “Really now…”

 

“Yeah, so tell me why you don't do relationships,” he shifted to his seat facing her.

 

Seohyun tilted her head towards him, “Is there a need for me to discuss this with you?”

 

“Maybe?” He grinned impishly, “So what do you do then, if you don't do relationships?”

 

She shrugged and sighed like she was bored then faced the mirror again, “None of your business.”

 

“What is it that you do, Seohyun-ssi? 'Friends-with-benefits? buddies?'”

 

Seohyun couldn’t help herself anymore, surprised by the ugliness of his words, astounded more that she may have given him that kind of vibe. The remaining ounce of fondness she probably had for him faded with those words. Finally, she turned to challenge him but the moment she looked into his eyes, she regretted it.

 

That intense gaze. The same gaze that blinded her. Seohyun swallowed the pain and shut her eyes tight. She was right. This weird kind of pain that rushed through her confirming those very first thought of him. Yonghwa is nothing but another jerk. Just like the other jerks she has met in this lifetime. It's just so sad that he makes her heart beat so loud whenever he looks at her that way.

 

But she was a brave woman. She opened her eyes, lifted her chin and met that gaze. She smiled, hiding that ugly feeling. The game he wants to play with her, she can play that as well, “Which do you prefer, Yonghwa-ssi? Relationship or 'friends-with-benefits’?”

 

“Whatever you want, sweetheart. It's your choice.”

 

She laughed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter