Twenty Three

Beneath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

TWENTY THREE

 

 

They drove back to the city not long afterwards and Seohyun parked where she picked him up more than two hours ago. Before leaving, Yonghwa handed her a keycard which made her brows pulled in with curiosity, “This is for your room, Oppa?”

 

“No, I’m sharing room with Jungshin. That’s my mother’s,” he laughed and shook his head when she rolled her eyes, “No kidding, I booked her the room but she couldn’t come. You can use it.”

 

Her lips pressed with a slight frown then reminded him matter-of-factly, “But I have a place to stay here, Oppa,”

 

“But you said I won’t be allowed to spend the night,” Yonghwa was quick to respond with a light nudge especially when Seohyun started crossing her arms on her chest.

 

“What is this about?”

 

“Hyun, we made a promise. We will spend time with each other as often as we can. With each of our schedule, I don’t really see that happening a lot. At least, spend the night with me.”

 

She pressed her lips quietly knowing he had a point. They just talked about not being so sure to steal some time next week and their only excuse would be Sooyoung’s wedding which Yonghwa was invited to crash as her unofficial . If she really wanted an excuse not to let him indulge on this idea of getting her alone in a hotel suite, then she really must think of a very very smart one. However, a big part of her was very willing to go with him. The rush of thrill surged through her and she randomly asked, “How about clothes?”

 

“I called Taeyeon-ssi and asked someone to do the shopping so you have all the essentials you need tonight. Also a few clothes and stuff,” Yonghwa replied with a flirty grin.

 

“You planned well,” she said deadpanned still surprised with his elaborate preparations.

 

“Of course, I’d move heaven and earth, tiger.” Yonghwa pulled her hand and kissed her inner wrist, “Just go to the suite and wait for me there. Dinner will be served the moment you check in.”

 

“I’m checking in as your mother,” she grumbled yet again to his utter amusement.

 

“Who would have thought it’s my girlfriend, not my mother,” he said with a smug grin.

 

Clicking her tongue, she raised her forefinger at him, “But we’re only going to talk.”

 

“Yeah, just talk…” he nodded a bit pensively then slipped on his devilish smile once again, “Or we can do more… I mean, come on!”

 

Seohyun took a deep breath. It was going to be a very long and interesting night.

 

Almost an hour passed and she stood inside the large and elaborate space of the suite he booked apparently for his mother, which she eventually doubted upon knowing that it was one of the honeymoon suites.

 

The room has a small sitting area adjacent to a kitchenette and a very enormous master’s bedroom. Seohyun’s breath seemed to hitch the moment her eyes roamed around the simple yet elegant space. The four poster queen size bed was the focal point of the room but when she the other side; her eyes fell on the medieval painting on the wall depicting a scene from Shakespeare’s Venus and Adonis. It almost appeared to be out of place from the modern furniture and fixtures of the whole suite but Seohyun felt the aesthetic contrast it provided. It was gorgeous and breathtaking to think that she would be lying on that bed with him looking directly at that painting. The thought made her shiver in a very delicious way.

 

Her attention fixed on the white bed that was complimented with the charcoal gray pillows and sheets that seemed to flow through the floor. The matching carpet below looked as if it is a part of the sheets on the bed and ran a straight line towards the adjacent room. Pushing another diamond encrusted doorknob, Seohyun found herself inside the stylish and spacious walk-in closet that also led to the bath. She couldn’t help but laugh out loud upon seeing the enormous Jacuzzi with a rainwater shower head hanging above. All over the marbled floor was littered with fresh petals of roses and scented candles on the corners waiting to entice the occupants of the suite.

 

Obviously, he planned the set up well. Was he seriously thinking of getting laid tonight? She clicked her tongue and shook her head.

 

Her phone rang inside the bedroom so she rushed and almost missed his call.

 

“Oppa…” she almost panted and laughed when he groaned on the other line, “What?”

 

“Nothing? Are you in the room?”

 

She rolled her eyes as he sounded like letting the words slide on his tongue provocatively, “Yes? I am in the honeymoon suite, Oppa.” Seohyun heard him laugh then cleared his throat so she went on, “Oh, did I mention I’m in the honeymoon suite, Oppa?”

 

“So I’m busted. Anyway, I got hold up here, Hyun. I’m so sorry. One of our producers came and I cannot just leave.”

 

“That’s too bad…” she made sure her voice was extra sultry, “Our honeymoon bed would be too big to sleep in on without you with me.”

 

Yonghwa laughed louder, “Baby, you’re making me want to leave this place and run to you.”

 

“Then be here,” she playfully said in a whisper but in truth that was just what she wanted him to do. But, Seohyun shook her head as if Yonghwa could see her, “Kidding, Oppa… it’s okay, really… I pretty much have everything I need here,” she replied shooting a glance at the paper bags on the coffee table. She hadn’t inspected the contents yet but she had ideas what she would probably find inside.

 

“How about dinner?”

 

“I just called the restaurant earlier. They said they’d just send it up, it’s probably being prepared.”

 

“Good. Is it okay if you eat alone? I’m so sorry, I wish I could be there.”

 

She took a deep breath and cradled the phone on her hand, “Me too, Oppa… but you’ll be here later. I will just wait for you.”

 

“Okay, rest well while I’m gone… I have to go…”

 

“Have fun and be here as soon as you can…”

 

“I will… hang up, Hyun?”

 

The food came after awhile and she ate in silence in the living room floor, not even minding the flat screen TV in front of her. Later, Seohyun decided to check the paper bags. One contained toiletries and skin care products which she normally uses. The second bag she opened made her scowl as she took out pairs after pairs of lingerie and undies of different kinds and colors. Thankfully, and probably to spare her, she found a pair of yellow pajamas printed with little tigers. The last bag had a pink sweater, skinny jeans, cap, face mask and a pair of boots.

 

She took the bags and went to the walk-in closet to prepare herself for bed. The normal busy day at work that morn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter