Arrow 21! Jaejoong is a Heart Throwing Machine

Cupid Must Have Been High

arrow twenty-one: jaejoong is a heart throwing machine

The group of five (gorgeous, amazing) people walked around the mall for about an hour before Tiffany squealed at the sight of a certain department store and dragged all of them in.

“Macy’s?” asked Jessica, deadpanning. “I thought you hated this store.” (A/N: Would they even have a Macy’s? LOL. It is a three story department store- it must be used!)

“So they didn’t have my size for those really cute boots two years ago~ I am way over that~” announced Tiffany, smiling gleefully.

“Right, so-” Donghae looked around and crinkled his nose in disgust. This was definitely not his store. “I’ll just wait outside then.” He turned around to leave, but before he could take another step, Tiffany grabbed his arm and forced him to turn back around. (Jaejoong mentally clapped in approval- he had to hand it to Tiffany; this store was perfect for their plan.)

“We’re not here to shop, silly!” Tiffany never lost that gleeful smile, even as Yoona, Jessica, and Donghae all looked at her like she was going crazy.

“What are we doing here then, unnie?” asked Yoona, tilting her head in curiosity.

“We’re going to play hide-and-seek!” Tiffany grinned, clapping her hands.

Yoona grinned and did a little jump in place. “I love hide-and-seek~”

“But this version of hide-and-seek requires you to, instead of tapping the person to get them out, you have to shout out the person’s name really loud and throw a heart at them!” explained Tiffany. “As long as you see the person and can get a clear ‘shot’, then you can get them out.”

“Wait, since when can throwing hearts get people out in games?” asked Jessica, her tone a mild one of disbelief.

Tiffany wiggled her finger a little bit and said, “ah, ah ah!” before explaining, “I don’t condone violence, Jessi~”

“Then how come you’re friends with the demon?” joked Donghae, earning a punch on the arm. “See what I mean~?”

“Jessi is very sweet, Donghae oppa~” defended Tiffany, patting the slightly shorter girl’s head.

“Besides, her violence towards you is special~” teased Jaejoong, his statement clearly insinuating something.

Jessica gaped at both of them, as if thinking, “Which one do I hit first?” but Yoona interrupted her thought process before she could carry out any bodily harm towards Jaejoong and Tiffany.

“So just to be clear, we can be fifty feet away and still get someone out?” asked Yoona, still grinning.

“Yeah, but everyone will be running around and hiding.” said Jaejoong, also smiling. “You’re out when you get ‘shot’ three times- it doesn’t matter by who. You can make a heart with your hands or your arms- whatever works for you!”

Tiffany picked up the explanation right after. “After you ‘shoot’ someone with your love, you can’t immediately shoot again, just to be fair. You have to let the ‘injured’ run away- and you have to wait twenty seconds before you can pursue the same person.”

Donghae nodded thoughtfully and said, “It sounds simple enough.”

“We all have to text each other once we get someone out so that we can keep up with who is still in the game and who is out.” added Jaejoong, waving his phone pointedly.

“Oh, and the first two to get out get a penalty!” Tiffany clapped happily and announced this right before the start of the game.

Before anyone could question the last second rule, Jaejoong shouted, “Go!” and promptly ran away with Tiffany not very far behind.

“What did she just say?” asked Jessica; she turned around to ask Donghae and Yoona, but they were already far, far away. She could just barely see them running away in different directions. She rolled her eyes and muttered, “Great.”

-

“Are you sure this will work, Fany?” Jaejoong and Tiffany had met up near one of the more obscure, hidden corners of the store.

She smiled brightly at him and asked, “Oppa, did you forget her motto?”

“What motto?” Jaejoong blinked a little bit in confusion before just flat out starting at her, as if saying, tell me.

“Never run, even if you’re late.”

-

Yoona was, quite possibly, the most ingenious player in the whole game.

The moment she sprinted away, she found herself a disguise.

She put on a hat, wore an overcoat, and kept her head down.

(Unfortunately, her whole disguise made her look very suspicious.)

-

Jessica walked around leisurely; she didn’t particularly care about the game.

She didn’t even bother hiding- she just walked around in the open.

-

On the other hand, even with Yoona in a decked out disguise, she took no chances. She rolled from left to right, crawled under racks, and ducked her head whenever someone would look for her.

Regrettably, someone (who most likely did not understand the joys of playing games in a rather large department store) called the mall security because there was “suspicious behavior”.

-

Donghae felt hunted.

Everywhere he went, he felt that someone was watching him intently, waiting to catch him.

And, okay, he knew that was the point of the game, but that didn’t help his nerves any.

He scratched the back of his neck and scoured the area; he saw nothing out of order (except for the shoppers that were looking at him like he was a lunatic). He saw nothing, but the feeling stayed.

So he ran, flailing and screaming.

-

Jaejoong’s grin was almost feral as he saw Donghae break into a run.

He, of course, followed suit.

Jaejoong was hunting him, after all.

-

Tiffany followed Jessica around just as leisurely as the other girl was walking. She yawned a little before happily making a heart with her hands and shouting, “Jessi!” The moment Jessica turned around and saw the heart, she frowned.

“Fany-”

Tiffany just made shooing motions as if to say, “Run along now~”

Jessica scowled slightly but walked away; Tiffany chucked to herself; only two more to go! She took out her phone quickly and sent out a mass text: I shot Jessi with my love!

-

“Donghae!” Donghae turned around instinctively after hearing his name being called and saw Jaejoong making a heart with his hands- and then proceeding to throw hearts at him.

Donghae gaped a little and dramatically grasped at his heart- “I’ve been shot!”

Jaejoong grinned at him and let his arms fall to his sides. “My hearts are lethal- I know.”

Donghae smiled back good-naturedly and stopped the dramatics. “I know we have a bromance man, but did you have to throw a heart like that?” He playfully complained with a pout.

“It’s just what I do,” was Jaejoong’s reply, shrugging nonchalantly. “I’m a heart throwing machine, man.”

The mass text that Jaejoong sent out looked something like this: Our bromance has gone to the next level- I have thrown my heart at Donghae.

-

After Yoona explained that she was just playing a game and was not intending to harm anyone, anything, or any place- mall security set her free to run around and throw hearts at people.

She walked around for a little bit before she saw Donghae crawling under a clothes rack. She grinned and walked over, stopping when she was only five feet away. “Donghae oppa!” she called out sweetly.

He turned his head so fast that he swore he almost got whiplash. And then she made a heart at him and he almost died on the spot.

She giggled a little at the overreaction and skipped away, texting, “I threw a heart at Donghae oppa~”

-

Donghae, who had been laying on the ground in a slight daze (because Yoona had just thrown a heart at him), barely noticed when Jessica walked by him.

But the point was that he did notice, which made him grin. He got up almost frantically and shouted, “Sica~”

Jessica turned around and complained, “Don’t call me that!”

And then Donghae started throwing hearts at her (much like how Jaejoong did to him) and she shrieked, “Don’t do that!” and immediately covered her eyes.

He cackled at her reaction and teased, “You know you like it, Sica~”

He was kidding.

She knew he was telling the truth.

Jessica childish stuck her tongue out at him and walked away, pouting. “How dare he do that to me?” she muttered, adorably sulking.

Evil Demon Tiger Goddess Jessica likes my heart throwing~ Donghae grinned as he sent out the text while she walked away from him, feeling pretty content.

-

Jaejoong grinned as he saw Tiffany hiding behind a pole, waiting for the right time to run across the aisle. It looked like she was in disguise, although it wasn’t a very convincing one. She looked around nervously, and when she turned slightly, she saw that she was wearing sunglasses. A hat was already resting on her head. (Although they both decided on the game for the sake of Donghae and Jessica, they were pretty serious about winning the game as well.)

He wondered when she even picked those up.

He walked as quietly as he could before going up to her and whispering, “Boo!”

Jaejoong had to dodge a fist of fury as Tiffany blindly turned around and attacked. He laughed at her and held his hands in surrender. “Calm down, Fany~”

She blinked in confusion before she registered who dared to scare her before she complained, “Oppa!”

He laughed again and made a small heart with his hands. “Yes, Fany~?”

“How dare you shoot me with your heart?” asked Tiffany, pouting as she placed two hands on her heart. “And my disguise was perfect! How did you know it was me?”

Jaejoong chuckled again and teasingly flicked her forehead. “You can’t hide the pretty, Fany.”

Fany can’t hide to save her life- so I threw my heart at her. That was the text Jaejoong sent out.

-

“Yoona?”

Yoona cringed, waiting to see whose heart would be thrown at her- but was pleasantly surprised to see neither Donghae or Jaejoong. “Changmin oppa? What are you doing here?”

“I think the question should be why you’re rolling on the floor?” Changmin had been innocently walking into the mall when he saw Yoona crouching near the entrance, hiding in plain sight.

“I need to get across.” Yoona said this as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. There was an aisle of open space from the entrance to the nearest clothing rack.

He stared blankly at her.

(Yoona ended up explaining the whole game to Changmin because he wouldn’t take her short explanation of “I need to be sneaky to survive”.)

-

Jessica wanted revenge.

She walked around carefully, actually getting into the game now.

And once she saw Donghae laying in a pile of clothes (that she was sure he made to make a cover for himself) she walked over happily and kicked at him slightly. “Donghae~” she made a little heart with her hands.

He gaped at her a little bit before rolling over and dying- much like how he did when Yoona threw a heart at him (except this time felt a little different. Donghae figured that Jessica’s hearts were more contagious- or something like that).

I threw my heart at Donghae. She blushed right after she sent it.

-

Tiffany grinned as she read the message Jessica just sent out. She sent a mass text to everyone saying Donghae oppa is out then!

From another random area of the department store, Tiffany heard a wail that was most undeniably Donghae.

-

Jaejoong smiled as he saw that Donghae was out- one part was complete!

He walked around happily until he saw Jessica (who looked more like she was shopping than playing hide-and-seek). He called out to her immediately, arms already up in a heart. “Sica~”

She visibly cringed before she turned around slowly, frown already on her face.

“Sorry Sica~” crooned Jaejoong, throwing a heart at her.

Sica’s out- she just couldn’t handle my heart! He cackled as he sent that text and patted Jessica’s shoulder sympathetically.

-

After both Jessica and Donghae had been called out, Jaejoong and Tiffany suddenly complained that they were “too tired to play” and ultimately forfeited- making Yoona the winner.

The four of them were sitting at a bench, now outside of the department store (because they had been kicked out shortly after their game ended- something about being a public disturbance?) and was now waiting for their winner.

“Where is that Im Yoona?” pouted Tiffany. “We looked all over the store for her!”

Jessica lazily fished her phone out of her pocket and found the contact called Yoong. She waited for it to ring a couple times before she finally heard Yoona’s voice.

“Hello?”

“Yoona-yah! You won the game!” announced Jessica.

“Really?” Yoona sounded genuinely excited. A couple seconds passed before she no longer sounded excited; she was more confused. “How did I win?”

At that point, Jaejoong took the phone from Jessica and asked, “Where are you, Yoona?”

Yoona’s answer was a sullen, “I got captured.”

There was an awkward pause before Jaejoong asked, “What do you mean you got captured?”

At the word “captured”, both Tiffany and Jessica stood up and demanded for Jaejoong to hand the phone over.

“What do you mean Yoona got captured?” Jessica, jabbed Jaejoong and made a wild grab for her phone (but Jaejoong held it out of her reach).

“Yoona, are you alright?” Tiffany screamed, figuring that if Jaejoong didn’t want to hand the phone over- that was fine. She had another method of being heard.

“How dare anyone kidnap Yoona?” seethed Jessica, making little punching motions, pounding the air.

Donghae, surprisingly, felt a little antsy, but figured that she was fine. He knew how strong Yoona was- she was probably just hanging out with a friend.

Yoona’s good-natured alligator laugh could be heard before saying, “I ran into Changmin oppa and then he kind of kidnapped me- we’re eating out right now.”

Tiffany faintly heard the word Changmin, so she smiled brightly. “Oh, Changmin oppa? Then that’s fine~”

“How is that fine?” asked Jessica, looking at Tiffany like she had gone crazy.

“Changmin is a brat.” deadpanned Jaejoong.

He heard someone, undeniably Changmin, shout in the background, “I heard that, Jaejoong hyung!”

Tiffany took the phone away from Jaejoong once he started bickering with Changmin and said brightly, “Have fun with Changmin oppa, Yoong!” She ended the call and waved a flippant hand. “If she is with Changmin oppa, then she’ll be fine~ We have pressing matters to attend to, after all!”

“What do we have to attend to?” asked Donghae, staring curiously at her.

Tiffany cleared before announcing, “The first two out are supposed to get a penalty~”

“What’s the penalty?” grumbled Jessica, crossing her arms expectantly.

“Ta-dah~” Tiffany proudly held out couple handcuffs (very much like Lee Joon and Oh Yeon Seo’s).

“Handcuffs?” Jessica stared blankly at the item in Tiffany’s hand- almost not believing that they were real.

“Oh yes- handcuffs! You two have to be handcuffed to each other for a whole hour~” Tiffany clapped her hands happily and waved them a little- almost as if she was showing them off.

“Isn’t that a little too much?” protested Jessica.

“You call those handcuffs?” asked Donghae, scrutinizing the handcuffs. They looked like you could slip them on and off.  He didn’t particularly mind the penalty- he had gotten stranger punishments before, so he just shrugged.

“Yeah, sure, you can take them on and off easily, but each time you do, it adds another hour to your penalty!” said Jaejoong, grinning as he put one arm behind Jessica and another behind Donghae, holding them in place (just in case they tried to run).

Tiffany slipped their handcuffs on with an almost maniacal grin.

-

Ten minutes into their punishment, Donghae almost had a bruised shoulder.

“Tell Sica to stop hitting me!” whined Donghae.

“Tell the stupid buffoon to stop calling me ‘Sica’! It’s weird!” retorted Jessica.

“But Jaejoong calls you that!”

“But you’re not Jaejoong.”

Tiffany looked a little uncomfortable with the whole scene (and their bickering), but Jaejoong assured her that they were bonding.

-

Half an hour later, they both got tired of fighting, so they sat at a table quietly and sulked.

-

They got tired of sitting after a short while so the group decided to walk around the mall a bit.

And so what if Jaejoong purposefully walked in-between them and forced the handcuff to slip off of Jessica’s thin wrist.

So what if he added another hour to their “penalty”.

-

So what if Tiffany did the same thing twenty minutes later.

-

“Wow, you two must really want to stick together,” mused Jaejoong. “The handcuffs came off twice so that is another two hours~”

“It was your entire fault that the punishment time extended anyway!” hissed Jessica. She turned around sharply and glared at Tiffany. “It’s your fault too!”

“We were supposed to be done with our penalty already~” whined Donghae.

Jaejoong and Tiffany laughed- as if the whole statement was absolutely absurd.

“Oh, you two crack me up~” Jaejoong crooned, grinning happily.

-

Donghae got hungry after half an hour. They decided to go to the food court to eat, and Jessica grumpily obliged.

They sat at a table while Tiffany and Jaejoong sat at another (to give them more time to bond).

Donghae’s right arm was the one that was attached to Jessica’s left.

And he kept trying to eat with it, making Jessica move her arm as well. “Yah, eat with your other hand!”

“I hate eating with my left hand though,” he said this with a pout, moving his right hand to feed himself.

“What are you, five?” asked Jessica, hating the continuous feeling of her arm being jerked.

He blinked in confusion for a moment before laughing, patting Jessica’s head. “Silly, Sica~ I’m 22~”

She also hated that now that she knew she liked him, he made her blush so, so easily.

-

Jaejoong snickered as he watched them from a back table, snapping pictures as Tiffany recorded them.

They wanted picture and video memories of this moment.

-

Their time limit was almost up- they spent their time casually walking around, trying not to fight, but bickering anyway. But Jessica stopped hitting him, so Donghae considered that a plus.

Donghae had grinned at her and announced, “Only five minutes left~”

She didn’t know why she asked- but she couldn’t help it. It just left , and there was no way she could take it back. “Is it that bad, being stuck with me?” She felt her cheeks burning and mentally slapped her forehead as he stared back at her, thoughtfully confused at her question.

He stared at her for several moments before lifting his arm, making her arm lift once again. “No, I guess not.” His tone was thoughtful and almost faraway- like he just realized something. “It’s actually really fun being with you.”

Jessica was completely speechless- what could she even say to that?

Since Jessica couldn’t form any words, she instead decided to hit him on the shoulder, complaining, “Don’t say embarrassing stuff like that!”

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on perspective), Jessica forgot for a moment that they were handcuffed together. When she had hit Donghae and he moved backwards from the force, Jessica inevitably moved with him, almost falling on him (but stopping herself short).

They both looked at each other, equal parts of awkward staring and weird silence.

And then Donghae broke it.

He was completely playful (and realized that he was actually a lot more comfortable with her now than he had been before today) and teasing when he asked, “Does Sica want some Hae?”

She kicked him.

-

Minho looked awkwardly at his dongsaeng who was doing something akin to glaring at him (but it was Taemin- Minho would much rather think that Taemin could never really glare at him).

“Look, Tae. It’s okay if you like Krystal.” Minho said this, voice measured and slow. This conversation could either go pretty alright or really, really badly.

He hoped that it would be the first one.

“It’s not really a question about whether or not I like her- it’s more about whether you do.” Taemin’s face was solemn, and from his body movements, he was tense.

He sighed; Taemin wasn’t going to make this easy. “Okay Taemin, let’s just talk about this.”

-

Leeteuk had been antsy the whole day- so antsy, in fact, that he ended up calling Taeyeon out.

He arranged for them to meet at a nearby park- it was in-between her house and his.

She came skipping up to him as he waited at a bench and he was pretty relieved that he she didn’t bring Junsu along.

“Hi Taeyeon.” he greeted her a little nervously.

“Oppa~ what’s up?” asked Taeyeon, taking a seat next to him.

He tried to sound as casual as he could when he said, “So I heard that you’re dating Junsu now.”

Taeyeon blushed a little and quietly but happily admitted, “It is a new development.”

Leeteuk stared at her blushing cheeks, replayed her happy tone in his mind, and took in her almost glowing aura of contentment- and then he suddenly couldn’t stop himself. He couldn’t stop his feelings, couldn’t stop his mouth, couldn’t stop him from saying words that could potentially ruin him. “You should be with me instead, Taeng.” He almost gaped at himself, for the words that left his mouth.

She turned and looked at him slowly, almost confused. “What?” she mumbled; it wasn’t a question. She heard him clearly; she just had trouble believing it.

He inhaled deeply before saying the thing that could potentially make him the happiest he has been in a long time or make him want to crawl under his covers and die.

“I like you, Taeyeon.”

-chapter end.

It has been way longer than a month. ._____. /awkward. I'M SO SORRY ;A; life/school got in the way, but I'm on break now so I'll try to update soon to make up for me being MIA for a while >< in any case, hope you enjoyed the new chapter~ <3 (unedited because it is almost five in the morning ;o)

(BUT IN OTHER NEWS, THE DANCING QUEEN MV GAVE ME SO MANY FEELS <3 I HAD TO RESIST MAKING A NEW SOSHI STORY ;A; but I know I'll end up writing one eventually LOL)

Also, thank you to everyone that has read, commented, and/or subscribed! You lovelies are the best! <3