[A SunSun Side Story~ Written for Sunny's birthday!]

Cupid Must Have Been High

*this was done super quickly and is unedited completely because I need to get this up before the 15th is over! ><

**this is the first time I ever wrote two chapters in a day for a story! ;D wait, does it count if it's only a side story?

H A P P Y  B I R T H D A Y!

Sunny smiled happily to herself, happy with how her morning started. She was woken up by the wonderful smell of pancakes and immediately saw the triple layered chocolate cake that was left in her room. Her family loved spoiling her on May 15th.

Sunny paraded around the house, getting "happy birthday!"s, cheek kisses, food, presents, more food, and love from her family.

She loved her when it was her birthday.

And then she realized that she was going to be late- only 10 minutes left to be ready and get to school. Suddenly, she didn't like her morning so much anymore.

Her phone buzzed as she was rushing to get ready. Sunny wasted a second to check her phone- and dear lord, she was never so happy to waste a second before. "Happy Birthday, Sunny!" It was a text message from Sungmin.

She really loved when it was her birthday.

Sunny walked to school with a smile like sunshine. She heard various "happy birthday's!" and got many hugs to celebrate her day from fellow classmates and friends that also have to walk to school.

As she was walking, she saw two classmates that somehow managed to ruin her morning in under a minute. They were called Kyuhyun and Siwon. They were walking in front of her, but stopped in their tracks once they saw her.

"Hey, did you hear? Sungmin is dating someone now." Kyuhyun said this loudly, cackling mischievously and looking pointedly at her.

It made her almost grit her teeth in irritation.

He was dating someone?

It was suffice to say that she felt led on. She felt completely led on.

Everyone knew that Sunny and Sungmin were a thing- just not a thing in name. I mean, they practically acted like boyfriend-girlfriend already! And he dared to be dating someone else?

Oh hell no.

She puffed up her cheeks, annoyed. And she found out on her birthday, no less!

Kyuhyun snickered again and walked off with Siwon in tow. Siwon shook his head in disapproval but followed the younger wordlessly.

Sunny stalked behind them, scowling.

And then she saw the school gates. She felt a little better seeing Taeyeon right in front of the school, obviously waiting for her. Her immediate reaction was to run over screaming, "Taengoo!"

Her dork of a best friend met her halfway, suffocating her in a hug. "Dandyu unite!" cheered Taeyeon.

"...Taeyeon!" Sunny pouted. "How could that come out of your mouth?"

Taeyeon grinned cheerfully and said, "Happy Birthday, Soonkyu!"

Sunny started whining after the use of her real name, pouting even harder.

Taeyeon just laughed her ahjumma laugh, and started peppering little cheek kisses onto Sunny. "Sunny, Sunny, Sunny, I love you~" she sang.

"Woah, you're going to make Sungmin jealous, Taeng."

Sunny and turned around to see a smiley, playful Donghae and an apprehensive Sungmin.

Normally, Sunny would be happy to see Sungmin. They were practically a thing, after all.

Except he went and started to date someone else. Sunny was very bitter about that. Very, very bitter.

So once she made eye contact with Sungmin, she scowled and dragged Taeyeon away. She didn't want him to ruin her day any more than he already has!

Leaving behind a confused Donghae and an even more confused Sungmin, Taeyeon could only ask, "What happened?"

Sunny, scowl still evident, muttered, "He's dating someone not me."

Taeyeon's mouth dropped open and she stopped. "Come again?"

"I know, right? I can barely believe it myself!" sighed Sunny. She forced a smile on her face though and said, "I'm not going to let that ruin my day though. It's not every day I turn 23~" A joking smile was on her face, but Taeyeon could see that she was down about it.

Sungmin dared to make Sunny unhappy on her birthday? Oh hell no. Taeyeon was going to get to the bottom of this.

The bell rang, signifying the start of class. Sunny waved goodbye to Taeyeon, while Taeyeon whipped out her phone.

Something was not right here.

--

Hyoyeon was busy laughing happily at her dorky boyfriend's joke as he walked her to class when her cell phone buzzed.

It was a message from Taeyeon.

Sungmin is dating someone not Sunny.

Hyoyeon stopped, stared blankly at her phone, looked up, and then punched her boyfriend's shoulder.

"Ow! What was that for, Hyo?" whined Eunhyuk.

"That was for your friend not dating my friend and probably making her sad on her birthday!" she pouted at him and decided she could walk to class on her own.

Eunhyuk stared, dumbfounded for at least 10 seconds, before realizing that he should go after her. "What are you talking about, Hyo?"

She irritably showed him Taeyeon's text, and he was even more dumbfounded than before. "No way! Sungmin is crazy about Sunny though!"

“Right??” Hyoyeon agreed wholeheartedly with her boyfriend; something was wrong here.

From ways ahead, she saw Sooyoung and immediately requested the younger girl’s assistance. “Choi Sooyoung! We have a problem!”

She ran towards her long-legged friend and instantly relayed the message.

Sooyoung’s mouth dropped open and she could only mutter one thing.

Oh hell no.

--

It only took Hyoyeon and Taeyeon a couple minutes to relay the information to every other member of SNSD.

That is why Sungmin has been getting a bunch of dirty looks throughout the day.

He was even tripped by Yuri once.

“Yul, what was that for?” He whined at her, unhappy with the mistreatment.

“You know what it’s for, oppa!” cried Yoona. She was standing next to Yuri, pouting childishly. “That’s what you get for breaking Sunny unnie’s heart!” The YoonYul couple ran away before Sungmin could even process what happened.

“…what the heck was that?” he muttered.

--

Sooyoung tore down the halls, looking for her best friend/enemy. “CHO KYUHYUN.” she screeched, not even caring about the attention she was attracting.

People moved out of her way as she stalked the halls because no one messed with Choi Sooyoung when she was angry.

After threatening a couple of underclassmen about his wherabouts, she quickly found the person she was looking for. “Hey, you!” He was sitting peacefully on a bench outside.

“Show some respect for an oppa.” He said this flatly, not even looking at her.

She disregarded the statement completely. “Who is Sungmin oppa dating and why isn’t it Sunny unnie?” she demanded that this be answered!

“What are you talking about? Sungmin’s not dating anyone.” said Kyuhyun, looking at her like she was crazy.

“…what?”

--

Sungmin found himself accosted by Seohyun right after he finished classes. The young girl seemed to have waited for him, stern look on her face. “What’s up, Seohyun?” he asked her this nervously. He already got tripped by Yuri, and Yoona just accused him of something he didn’t do. He was right to be hyperaware of any SNSD girl.

“Oppa, I know you’re free to date whoever you want, but you should never, ever lead anyone on.” She stated this resolutely and, if he saw right, a little angrily.

“What are you talking about, Seohyun ah?” he asked, exasperated. “Yoona said something like that too!”

Seohyun blinked innocently at him. “You’re dating someone, aren’t you?”

Sungmin’s eyes widened and he couldn’t help the, “What the hell are you talking about?” that came out of his mouth. He even disregarded the “no cussing in front of maknae!” rule.

“Jessica unnie told me that you were dating someone. Tiffany unnie told me it wasn’t you.” explained Seohyun patiently, as if explaining to a child that no, it is not alright to draw on tables and pee in classrooms.

“B-but I’m not dating anyone!” He was completely confused. “Where did you girls hear that I was?”

“Kyuhyun oppa.”

And then everything made sense to Sungmin.

--

Sunny walked home kind of saddened. Her day wasn’t completely ruined; she had the rest of SNSD to cheer her up, after all. But she was still inevitably affected by the fact that her should-be boyfriend was dating someone else.

And then that should-be boyfriend appeared in front of her and she wanted to childishly sock him in the face and run away. Before he could say anything to her, she quickly said,  "Go play with your girlfriend." He looked at her as if she just said something blasphemous. "Kyuhyun oppa told me you were dating someone this morning. Don’t even try to lie to me!"

Sungmin sighed in frustration. "Damn it, Kyu." She looked at him curiously, while he pouted at her. "Kyu was lying."

"Why would he lie?" asked Sunny, pouting.

Sungmin looked at her pointedly. "Because he's a bastard and wanted to cause trouble." She blinked in response to his response. She never heard Sungmin say the word ‘bastard’ before. It was quite strange to hear. "He only said it because he saw me buying a present for you yesterday and he knew that I wanted to confess to you today." He explained this with a pleading expression on his face.

This was way too good for her to believe at the moment. And then her cell phone suddenly buzzed. It was a text from Sooyoung.

Hey girls, good news! Kyuhyun oppa was just being a liar! Sungmin oppa isn’t dating anyone!

Sunny was sure that she has never smiled so hard at her phone before. “Sooyoung has such wonderful timing…” she muttered.

Sungmin coughed awkwardly as he slowly took out the present he specifically picked out for her from behind his back.

Sunny gasped, almost fainting on the spot. “I-is that the limited edition super rare SHINY PINK Nintendo 3DS?”

“I’ve had it reserved for you since January.” he admitted this bashfully, handing it to her slowly.

"B-but why would you get me something so expensive?” she held the present carefully, almost afraid that it wasn’t real.

"Because everyday is a sunny day because of you~” he said this shyly, stating his confession in a manner that was almost as adorable as he was.

"Aw~ that was so cute and corny~" She cooed at him, already forgiving him for the day’s events (especially because he did nothing wrong in the first place).

"Happy birthday, Lee Soonkyu~" He gave her a smile, stepping closer to her.

"Please don't call me that, Minnie." She almost glared at him for saying her real name.

Sungmin looked at her apprehensively and asked quietly, "So…will you be my girlfriend?" Sunny could hear the sincerity in his tone and her heart almost melted on the spot.

She pretended to think about it and ended up replying to him flatly. "...no." His face was crestfallen, and he looked rather heartbroken until-

"Just kidding!" She stuck her tongue out childishly and gave him a smile right afterwards.

Happy birthday to me~

--

Happy birthday to Lee Soonkyu~ you are the frickin' sunshine of my life. You were my first female bias and I am still as in love with you as I was 4 years ago. Baby girl, you have no idea how much I love you. <3 Your smile, your aegyo, your wit, your voice, your laugh- I love everything about you. When everything gets hectic and crazy, all I have to do is watch Gee or something and I'll be happy because of you. Here's to SNSD's aegyo queen and energy pill turning 23 (over here)! I hope there will still be your aegyo that calls for a punch for many, many, many years to come. <3

-your fan, iheartsoojung/Jessica/Jae/maknae

COMMENT REPLIES FOR CHAPTER 11:

szejie: thank you for commenting! ;D <3 stupid marriage arrangement indeed -___-‘’

minstal_1: did i update soon enough? ;D thank you for commenting!

FolderName: I bet Teukie regrets being so slow now. xD And I loved Jaejeoong’s appearance. Hehe. Poor 2MIN though. And I would hate to walk home too :/ but she had Minho and Taemin, so I guess it was okay? xD thank you for commenting, dear! <3

KaiserKawaii: I think they’re funny too xD thank you for commenting, love! ;D

chocoluv: THANK YOU FOR COMMENTING. YOU MADE MY DAY ;) haha.

xQueenHanniex: I love your long comments, unnie ;___; they make me happy! Thank you for commenting ;D I love Jaejoong’s personality/role in this. I love it enough for him to show up way more than he was supposed to ;D hehe. And you would be Yuhan’s number one noona fan. .___. I will reveal their past eventually~ LOL. BUT YES. HE WILL FIGHT FOR TAENG. Even after all these years, I’m still a TaeSu warrior LOL. ;D