Arrow 18! Friday Night Dates and Revelations

Cupid Must Have Been High

(A/N: yayyy, i finally have a poster- eighteen chapters in LOL)

arrow eighteen: friday night dates and revelations

Krystal was happy; rarely did she ever have free, calm, and tranquil Friday’s. There was always that one stupid assignment keeping her up or that random club event she had to attend or even that huge social party that lured her out. She was excited for just a day at home in her most comfortable and sloppy clothes.

The Jung household was completely quiet. Her parents were out on a date while Jessica was nowhere to be found. (Krystal only vaguely remembered her unnie explaining that she needed to attend the late night practices for the Aladdin show.)

She snuggled herself into her favorite place in the world: her bed.

It was amazing, fluffy, and wonderful. An early night’s sleep was exactly what she wanted and needed.

Unfortunately for her, it would seem that she would not be getting what she wanted and needed.

The doorbell rang, interrupting the peaceful silence that Krystal created for herself.

Krystal stared blankly at the sight of a formally dressed Minho (who was smiling quite sheepishly).

She had half the mind to shut the door in her best friend’s face, crawl up to her bed, and then stay there until the next morning.

“What are you doing here?” Krystal asked, tone flat. She was already closing the door slowly.

“Sica noona told me I have to take you out tonight.” Minho said this with the sheepish smile still on his face. “And I can’t really say no to Sica noona.”

The blank stare of Krystal’s turned into a glare. “Seriously?”

Minho nodded, staring at the slowly closing door with a pout. “You don’t have to pretend to talk to me so that you can close the door on my face inconspicuously.”

Krystal nodded in agreement and said, “It shouldn’t even have to be inconspicuous, huh?” But before Minho could respond, the door was promptly shut in his face.

“Krys! I didn’t mean to close the door on me though!” complained Minho, who then proceeded to make a scene by pounding on the door.

(The neighbors from across the street stared at Minho pitifully; he looked like the epitome of a rejected date.)

Krystal ignored the pounding of the door and Minho’s complaint as she searched for her phone. “Unnie, you have got to be kidding me!” she huffed. Krystal found the little piece of technology and immediately clicked the contact Sica unnie! <3

As she waited and listened to the ringing, Krystal grumbled, “Maybe I should take off the heart next to her name.” After seven rings, there was a very amused greeting.

‘Hello?’

“Sica unnie, what are you trying to do, making Minho dress up all fancy and show up at the house?”

“He has to take you out today~”

Krystal rolled her eyes and complained, “But why? I wanted to rest at home!”

“It’s revenge, Soojungie.” Jessica’s tone was completely serious when she said this.

“Revenge for what?” huffed Krystal. “The only thing I did recently was-”

Jessica cut Krystal off as she decided to reveal why she wanted revenge. “The only thing you did was get me a shopping trip with that fool who ran away with my clothes and has yet to give them back.”

“You should have thanked me for that, not- wait, what kind of revenge is this?” Krystal suddenly sounded confused and no longer angry. “We need to work on what you consider revenge, unnie.”

She sounded offended over the other line. “Hey! It’s the perfect revenge plan!”

“But Minho’s my best friend. Revenge would be like setting me up with my worst enemy.” Krystal explained this like she was explaining a simple concept to a young child.

The younger Jung heard her older sister huff before replying “Just go and enjoy your little date with Minho!”

“But unnie! I don’t want to~” she whined, hoping that her sister would reconsider. “And why Minho?”

(Krystal could faintly hear the continuous pounding on the door- but she figured that Minho could wait.)

“MinStal, Soojungie. MinStal.”

“Unnie, he’s my best friend. I don’t like him.” In her mind, Krystal thought, “I don’t like him like how you like Donghae oppa.” She pursed her lips but didn’t say what she really wanted to. “You only like him because he calls you the pretty noona anyway!” accused Krystal.

“Don’t keep him waiting! You better go, Jung Soojung!” There was an audible click that signified the end of their conversation.

Jessica had hung up. Krystal pursed her lips in annoyance and made an effort to turn around so that she could walk over and open the door for Minho.

Unfortunately, the moment she turned around, she was scared out of her mind. “How did you get inside!?”

In front of her stood a cheekily smiling Minho, waving around a very familiar looking key.

“Jessica unnie gave you the spare key?” asked Krystal, tone completely in disbelief.

“I got bored of knocking on the door.” confessed Minho. “And I just so happened to remember Sica noona telling me where the key was, just in case you didn’t let me in.”

Krystal looked at her best friend incredulously before sighing and stalking up to her room. “Give me ten minutes to get ready.”

It was Minho’s turn to look at Krystal incredulously. “Ten minutes? We both know that you’re not going to take only ten minutes.”

“Shut up.”

--

Taeyeon, being the opposite of Krystal on this Friday night, was ecstatic for her little date tonight. (Granted, she didn’t have a scheming older sister that was extracting her “revenge” by setting her up with her best friend.)

Taeyeon let out a happy little sigh as she skittered around her room, getting ready for what she was sure was going to be the happiest night of her life (she might have been exaggerating a little, but she didn’t particularly care at the moment). She was going on a date with Kim Junsu.

When Taeyeon had texted him a couple days ago, she hadn’t been expecting anything from it. She just wanted to converse with him for a little bit as a breather from her horrendous homework (because talking to Junsu always made her feel better about anything and everything). She hadn’t expected him to call her (she almost thought she was going crazy when his name popped up on her screen) and go, “Hey Taeng, are you busy?”

She almost squealed at the mere memory. She sighed happily before taking a quick glance at her clock. And then the happy sigh turned into a panicked shriek as she realized what time it was. “HE’S GOING TO BE HERE IN HALF AN HOUR AND I’M NOT READY YET.” (A/N: I don’t like using all caps, but I could just imagine Taeyeon screaming that whole sentence.) She tripped over a heel as she ran towards her closet.

--

Jessica found herself with a very, very familiar clipboard in her hands and while she stood in an even more familiar theater on Friday night.

She clapped her hands happily before saying, “That’s all for today, guys! Good job!” Right after she said that, it was like a bag of clothes came out of the heavens only to land right next to her. She glared at the bag suspiciously before looking up, seeing Donghae waving from his position as the lights person. She looked at the bag again, realizing that it was her bag of clothes that Donghae ran away with. Jessica couldn’t help the little smile that etched itself on her face as she saw her early birthday present(s) from him.

And then the smile was wiped off when Donghae came up to her. “Hey, are you still going to help me with Yoong? Our last meet up got kind of…interrupted…”

Instead of letting the (sudden) irritation get to her, she merely responded with, “Do you mean the meet up where Jaejoong ended up getting my Soojungie drunk or the meet up where you ran away from me?” asked Jessica, tilting her head in curiosity.

Donghae had to think for a little while before answering, “The first one, since the second one was a trip for your birthday present.” Ten seconds later, Donghae gaped and asked, “Isn’t that Soojung of yours underage? You let her drink?!”

“It’s not like I let her get drunk! Jaejoong oppa did it while we were at the police station!” Jessica threw up her arms in exasperation as she remembered the drunk little kids she came home to. Donghae looked at her with an expression that obviously said, “Uuuuuh huuuuh~”

Jessica hit him playfully before stating, “I think I am free on Sunday though, but I’m not sure of the time.”

“I’ll…call you?” suggested Donghae, tone a little awkward as he moved to leave.

Jessica found herself nodding at the suggestion before suddenly stopping mid-nod. “How are you going to call me if you don’t even have my number?”

Donghae blinked in disbelief and laughed sheepishly before saying, “I can’t believe I haven’t gotten your number yet.”

She rolled her eyes at him before holding out her hand, obviously demanding for his phone. “What’s that supposed to mean?” He handed his phone over without complaint, but didn’t bother replying to her question.

“You can’t give me a fake number, okay? That would be mean, even for you!” teased Donghae as she typed in her number.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Jessica reiterated, with an obviously offended look on her face. “Test it if you want, buffoon.” Jessica threw the phone back with a small pout.

Luckily for Donghae, Jessica’s throwing skills were less than subpar, which meant that his phone didn’t really go anywhere. The phone landed safely in his hands. He immediately fiddled with his phone and less than ten seconds later, Jessica got a message.

From: 1(011)366-4423

Mehrong~!

Jessica quickly looked up from her phone with a “really?” expression all over her face. Donghae just playfully stuck his tongue out; she rolled her eyes at him and walked away towards Yoona (but not before remembering to grab her bag of clothes).

Donghae found a little smile playing on his face as he changed what was formerly “Jessica” in his phone to “Evil Demon Tiger Goddess”. He stared at the phone contact for a moment too long before snapping out of it, quickly muttering, “What am I even doing right now?”

He couldn’t get the smile off of his face, even as he left the theater.

--

Half an hour later, Taeyeon ran to the door as she heard the doorbell ring.

Junsu was right on time.

“Hi.” he smiled a little bashfully at her, holding what was most certainly a bouquet of flowers. Taeyeon was sure she died a little on the inside (but in the good, happy way).

“Hi oppa.” she managed to breathe out those two little words before staring blankly at Junsu in all his dolphin glory.

Junsu handed Taeyeon the bouquet (albeit a bit awkwardly, since he wasn’t used to doing this kind of thing; he supposed that he could get used to it for Taeyeon though). She did a tiny little ahjumma styled laugh (Junsu mildly thought that only she could make that type of laugh cute) and rushed inside to get the flowers into a vase. He stood outside patiently as he watched her fret and squeal over the flowers as she got them water. (She left her front door open for him, but he wasn’t too keen on going inside her house on the first date.)

After a couple of moments, Taeyeon appeared right in front of him, beaming and looking like a pocket full of sunshine.

“Ready to go~?” Junsu asked, jokingly holding out his arm to her. She took it with a happy and content smile, but not before just as playfully faking a curtsey.

“Why thank you, my good sir~” she said this as she placed a hand on his arm.

“It is no problem, my good lady~” he replied, laughing as he walked her to his car.

“I’ll make my intention clear before we go anywhere, Taeng~” said Junsu, opening the door to the passenger seat for Taeyeon; he poked her cheek playfully after situating herself in the car.

“What intention, oppa?” she asked, smiling brightly. (Nothing could bring her down at this point.)

“I want to date you.” She gaped at him. 

Taeyeon couldn’t believe her ears. She wondered if this is what it was like to feel a dream come true.

(Except this was most definitely not a dream.)

Junsu shut the door happily and hummed as he made his way to the other side of the car to get to the driver’s seat.

Taeyeon really could not believe her ears.

If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up.

--

“Yoong~” Jessica all but skipped over to the younger girl who was leaving the theater. Her co-star happened to be right next to her, which made Jessica greet him as well. “Hi Changmin oppa.”

“Hi unnie~” Yoona greeted her Jessica unnie brightly as she saw the older girl walk up to her. Changmin only nodded briefly to Jessica as his own greeting.

“Remember what I said, Yoona.” He smiled slightly at his co-star before waving to both ladies and walking away.

“What was that about?” Jessica asked, immediately suspicious.

Yoona laughed airily and said, “It was just Changmin oppa being Changmin oppa~” Jessica took that as an answer, because really, Changmin was Changmin.

“Sica unnie, what’s that?” Yoona pointed to the bag that Jessica was holding, which made the older girl immediately feel awkward.

“Oh, this little thing~?” Jessica laughed awkwardly before quietly admitting, “It’s a birthday present.”

Yoona instantly gaped and shrieked, “But your birthday isn’t for another two weeks!”

“That-” Jessica started her sentence, but didn’t get very far with it.

“I didn’t forget, unnie! I didn’t! It isn’t for another two weeks, right?” Yoona panicked, grabbing the older girl’s shoulders and shaking her fervently. “I’m sorry, unnie!” she wailed, hugging Jessica’s head into her chest.

Jessica flailed as Yoona continued to hug her head tightly. “Let go, Yoong!” Yoona slowly relinquished her grip, but pouted. “You’re right, my birthday really isn’t for another two weeks.”

Yoona instantly smiled at the revelation and pointed an accusing finger at the bag. “I was right! How dare that bag make me doubt myself!” That sentence was a little weird, but it made Jessica laugh nonetheless.

“Yes, how dare the bag, Yoona.” She nodded along as the younger girl spent another moment glaring at the bag.

“So who gave you that, unnie?” Yoona asked, looking at the bag of clothes curiously.

“Oh…” Jessica started, feeling awkward again. “That buffoon did.”

The statement clicked instantly in Yoona’s mind; she pouted lightly again before saying, “Unnie, you and Donghae look really close.”

Jessica felt a little sense of uneasiness creep on her as she reassured the younger girl that nothing was going on. “It was a thank you for helping him out before, Yoong.” After a couple seconds of Yoona starting at her blankly, she willed herself to ask, “Why does it bother you so much?”

Yoona shifted her weight from one foot to another; it was a clear sign that she was nervous and Jessica did not like that at all. “Unnie, can I tell you a secret?”

“You can tell me anything, Yoong.” Jessica bit her lip in anticipation of what the younger girl would say.

Jessica wasn’t completely sure what this feeling was, but she did not like it at all. It felt like a strange sense of foreboding, like she would hate what Yoona was about to say.

“I like Donghae oppa, unnie.” There was a bashful smile on Yoona’s face that suddenly made Jessica’s blood run cold.

Jessica was right; she hated what Yoona just said.

The problem was though, that even as she smiled back at the shyly smiling Yoona, was that she didn’t know why she hated Yoona’s words so much.

And then it suddenly clicked in her mind- all the little smiles, the stupid butterflies, the sudden irritation with Donghae’s crush on Yoona, and the utter dislike of Yoona (her precious, precious dongsaeng) returning those feelings.

It is at this moment that Jessica realized something very, very important.

She had fallen for Lee Donghae.

--chapter end.

Whoo~ Sica has finally realized what I have been hinting about for the last ten chapters or so ;D but only because Yoona said that she liked Hae -___-'' oh well. ;D <3 Before I get any farther with this story, I need to state now that I adore Yoona to bits (with her being my second bias in SNSD and Sunny being the first<3) so she is in no way going to get the mean girl role. But yay, TaeSu and MinStal date (kind of…) for the next chapter! ;D There will be more YoonHaeSica too~ hehe. Ooh, ooh, and what did ChangYoon talk about~~? Jaejoong and Fany need to reappear too~ xD haha. Ah, five to ten more chapters and then I’m done with this :o Woah~~ haha. I realized how I need to accurately tie up all the other plotlines so that it will tie in with HaeSica though xP

I do this every chapter...are you guys sick of it yet? ;D HERE IS A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT HAS SUBSCRIBED, READ, AND COMMENTED <3

Comment Replies:

rocketshipmonkey: hello there new reader <3 thank you so much for commenting, sweetheart! i can say that there will be no haefany (even if i find them cute lol) but haesica isn't going to be...smooth...? haha. here is an update for you <3

itzy104: oh my gahd, taesu and taestal <3 haha. i love those pairings ;D it isn't fair that junsu is sacrificing his love for his hyung, but at least he's making his move now! ;D ooh, a taestal shipper? let me love you :3 haha. thank you for commenting, sweetie! (and i'm going to sjsu- since it's been a couple weeks, i'm not scared anymore...but i was dreading it in the beginning xD)

xQueenHanniex: it's like a jung thing lol. soojungie does indeed ship haesica in here xD wait, wait. with open arms? ;o i want to hug soojung! get away, unnie! xD haha. omg you would tell changmin to "work his hotness". haha. changyoon! so biased to taesu- even more biased to them than you are to teukie. "he isn't worth my taengoo" i feel like that could be a future line lol. and donghae isn't donghae if he doesn't do something stupid to close my chapter LOL. (when he's the ending character, of course.)

UNTIL NEXT TIME, YOU LOVELIES.