Arrow 11! Peace? What's that?

Cupid Must Have Been High

arrow eleven: peace? what's that?

Minho and Taemin stared blankly at the man that just introduced himself as Jaejoong."Aren't you...oh, I don't know, a little too old for Soojung?" questioned Taemin, still protectively hugging Krystal. The poor girl was starting to feel a little suffocated.

"Taemin oppa, can you let go of me?" complained Krystal, flailing a little bit in Taemin's hold to show that she really wanted to be free.

"No." But Taemin didn't want to let go just yet. In fact, he held on to her a little tighter. 

Krystal rolled her eyes at the answer and stopped moving, giving up her freedom momentarily, while Jaejoong let out a small chuckle. Minho, staying quiet all the while, studied Jaejoong earnestly.

"You know, I'm not that old." said Jaejoong, wry smile still in place.

Taemin (and surprisingly, Minho as well) childishly thought, "Says you!" but were smart enough to not say it out loud.

"Besides..." Jaejoong continued, smirking teasingly. "Soojung doesn't care about age, right?"

Krystal rolled her eyes, and Taemin gasped loudly. "Soojung ah, he's like over a decade older than you!"

"Excuse me, but I'm only 26." retorted Jaejoong, voice terse and lips slightly pouting.

"I knew you were old!" accused Taemin, shuffling away from the car slightly. "She's not even 18 yet!"

Jaejoong let out another chuckle and asked, "So when she's 18, is she fair game?" The teasing smirk was back on his face. "Soojung, your birthday is in October, right?"

"Are you going to buy me a present, oppa?" asked Krystal, trying to turn around in Taemin's hold.

He kept her in place and pouted. "Don't accept anything he gives you!"

"Why not? It's just Jaejoong oppa!" defended Krystal.

That probably wasn't the best thing to say to Taemin at this time.

It was during this moment that Minho decided to intervene. He felt a Taemin-fit coming, and he would rather avoid if possible. He scooped TaeStal in his arms (so now Krystal was being super suffocated in a...double hug...?) and smiled tightly at Jaejoong. "I think we should go. It was nice meeting you."

Jaejoong just smiled again and tsk-ed. "Don't lie."

Minho felt himself twitch and from just that line, Minho realized that he did not like this man at all; Krystal continued to flail, trying to free herself. "Jaejoong oppa, I wish you wouldn't tease people so much. You make them act like this!"

"It's just because you're so cute, Soojung ah~ I have to tease the people around you to keep them in check~" At this point, Taemin started flailing as well, wanting to give Jaejoong a piece of his mind. In his mind, there were already very specific things that were just waiting to be said.

"In check for what?" asked Krystal, still struggling. With both Taemin and Krystal struggling, it was hard for Minho to keep his hold on them.

"I need to keep them in check because they need to know that they need to either  back off or step up their game." Jaejoong looked at Taemin directly in the eyes, and then Minho. They both froze, and their sudden stillness made Krystal stop moving as well. She looked at all three males in confusion. Jaejoong adopted a wide smile and then continued, saying, "Well, since our play date got cut short, I'll drop by your house later! Actually, I was already planning to drop by. Make sure to remind Jessica that I'm coming over!" He waved a quick goodbye to Krystal and got in his car, not even bothering to say goodbye to either Minho or Taemin. He drove away the next moment.

There was silence as Minho awkwardly let go of Taemin and Krystal. Taemin also relinquished his hold on Krystal, and they all stared at each other.

"I don't like him." concluded Minho as he stared at Krystal.

"I don't like him either!" chimed Taemin, smiling slightly.

"What did he do to you?" asked Krystal, confused. "You just met him!"

"He kidnapped you." they chorused, completely serious. 

Krystal sighed at the absurdity, and realized that she had to walk home now, since Jaejoong drove away. She was not happy.

"Wait, he's going to your house later?" asked Taemin, arms crossed and voice incredulous. Krystal rolled her eyes and started her walk home.

"Krystal, you shouldn't let him in your house." said Minho, starting to walk behind her.

"You really shouldn't. He seems like a creep!" added Taemin as he walked behind Krystal (and next to Minho).

Minho and Taemin followed her home, trying to talk some "sense" into her. Krystal ignored them the whole way home.

She ended up slamming the door in their faces when they tried to enter her house with her.

"So much for everlasting friendship." complained Taemin. (A/N: Heh. Everlasting Friends! <3) "She just slammed the door in our faces."

"...want to try to sneak in?" asked Minho. It was one of those rare times where Minho decided to be devious.

Taemin loved when Minho decided to be devious. "Of course, hyung!"

--

Donghae, to his credit, was only slightly embarrassed at the antics of his little brother. Of course Yuhan would call her a goddess right when she walked in. He had a knack for doing things like this. On the bright side, Jessica looked extremely amused.

But that was beside the point.

"Why are you here so early?" demanded Donghae. "You just cut off five years of my life." Donghae's tone was dramatic and he placed both hands on his heart. "You should repay me by getting me to be Yoona's boyfriend!" he suggested this brightly.

"Woah there." responded Jessica, tone dry. "Don't get ahead of yourself, okay?"

"Sorry." He apologized airily. "But really, why are you two hours early?"

"I got a call from one of my childhood friends, and they asked to meet up later today. Since I couldn't say no, and I already made an agreement to be here...Here I am." she said this plainly, waving her hands about.

They stared at each other awkwardly for a moment. And then they heard it again.

"GODDESS JESSICA NOONA!"

"Who keeps calling me a goddess?" asked Jessica, amused. "Are you spreading around that nickname? I'm flattered~" teased Jessica.  

"It was my little brother." pouted Donghae. "I told him to call you that when I do something to make you angry because, lets face it, it's going to happen. I figured his cuteness and him calling you that would diffuse the anger when it happened." He sighed at his prematurely destroyed plan. "But I didn't think he would scream it right when you walked through the door."

Jessica made a noise of understanding and decided something right there. "I need to meet him." She then took it upon herself to find the voice that was calling her a goddess.

Donghae gaped as he watched Jessica basically explore his house and asked, "Aren't you going to wait until I ask if you want a tour?"

"But I'm here because of you anyway." Jessica responded to him easily, still looking around. Now she was making her way up the stairs.

Yuhan started hearing footsteps come up the stairs and got excited once more. He got so excited that he started squealing and moving around in his chair.

That made it extremely easy for Jessica to find Yuhan. Donghae trailed behind her sullenly, wondering how her reaction to Yuhan would be. He was used to many people judging him because he was in a wheelchair, or finding his hyperactivity more than mildly irritating. 

From the personality that she showed and the mean glares that she always gave (to him), Donghae only hoped for the best with her reaction.

Jessica entered the room happily, and her eyes widened slightly at the sight of Yuhan's wheelchair, but she showed no other outward surprise. In fact, she waved cheerfully to him.

Donghae watched her closely, and was surprised to see that there was not an ounce of judgment in her face. It was refreshing to see.  

"You're not as evil as I thought!" said Donghaen smiling happily.

She raised an eyebrow, but otherwise ignored his statement in favor of getting to know the young boy in the wheelchair. "Hi, my name is Jessica. What's yours?"

"My name is Yuhan." He replied cutely, smiling with all his teeth showing. "I already know who you are. You're Goddess Jessica noona."

Donghae was already over the fact that Jessica wasn't as evil as she initially appeared. He had an impending problem in front of him. "Are you showing her your aegyo?" asked Donghae, almost gasping. Yuhan never showed his real aegyo to strangers. This was bound to be troubling.

"I have to show my aegyo to a goddess. I am here to worship~" He responded with the same amount of cuteness from earlier, and it made Jessica laugh lightly.

And that made Donghae actually gasp. "Are you indirectly hitting on her?"

"No, he's worshipping me." corrected Jessica, tone playful.

"What did you do to him? I take back all nice things I said about you, you evil temptress!" wailed Donghae.

"Can you stick to one nickname, please?" asked Jessica, exasperated. "It's hard to keep up sometimes!"

"I wouldn't have to change nicknames so much if you weren't so deceiving!" accused Donghae, walking over to Yuhan and hugging him protectively.

"Hyung, I thought you wanted me to act cute!" complained Yuhan.

"I already like him more than you." Jessica offered this piece of information freely, and Donghae just stuck his tongue out in defense. 

"I hope you know that you just lured in a little boy with your horrible ways." Donghae said this with a lot of sincerity in his heart. "I also hope that the guilt makes it hard for you to sleep tonight." He also said this with childish sincerity.

"Hey, who was the one that started calling me a goddess in the first place?" rebutted Jessica, scowling slightly. "And threatening my sleep is going a little too far, Lee Donghae!" 

"Well excuse me, Little Miss....I don't even know what to call you anymore!" Donghae let go of Yuhan and threw his hands up in exasperation.

Jessica scowled again and said, "You'll always be a buffoon. Hence the reason why I never had to get another nickname for you!" 

Yuhan huffed in irritation at both of the "adults" and wheeled away from the scene casually. He was bored of their arguing. He would come back once they stopped arguing. He vaguely wondered if he would ever come back.

"Look at what you did! You're making Yuhan leave!" whined Donghae.

Yuhan decided that he wouldn't be back for a long while. 

Jessica hit Donghae lightly, and he just screamed "Domestic violence! Domestic violence!"

"Stupid! It would only be domestic if we lived together!" It was Jessica's turn to be exasperated.

They stared at each other awkwardly after that statement. Donghae coughed and decided it would be best to change the subject. "Guess how old Yuhan is."

"Eleven." That was the first number that popped in her head.

"Deng!" shouted Donghae happily. He felt some strange feeling of pride as he saw Jessica pout from being wrong. "He's sixteen!" He corrected her smugly.

She looked surprised for a moment and then said, "But he's so young looking...and acting, for that matter."

He shrugged and explained, "He was born prematurely. And he has a small case of autism." 

She nodded once to show her understanding, and just looked thoughtful. His actions and personality made a little more sense to her now.

Although Donghae told Jessica of Yuhan's conditions casually, he knew it was no simple thing to say. He was gauging her reaction once more.

She looks pretty when she's being understanding and not evil or tempting. She looks softer, and more human. He smiled brightly at his analysis.

And then his smile dropped.

...wait, did I just indirectly imply that she was tempting?

Bad thoughts, Lee Donghae. Bad thoughts.


Donghae looked at her like she was an alien from exo planet- I mean outer space for the next minute or so. She returned the favor.

And then his concentration was broken.

"Donghae! We're home!"

His parents were finally home. And both Yuhan and Jessica were in the house.

He had some explaining to do.

--

A couple minutes after Leeteuk's newly discovered fiancee left, Taeyeon and Junsu sprung into action. By springing into action, they began obnoxiously banging on the door, waiting for it to be open. 

Leeteuk opened the door irritably and almost shouted, "what?!" but refrained when he saw Taeyeon's smiling face. "What are you guys doing here? Together?" asked Leeteuk, happy because Taeyeon is in front of his house, and suspicious, because Taeyeon is in front of his house with Junsu.

"We came to visit!" quipped Taeyeon cheerfully.

Leeteuk invited them in without another thought (because it would be rude to keep Taeyeon waiting outside). Only a minute after entering, Junsu let out a surprised yelp and mumbled, "Crap, I forgot my phone in the car. Taeng, can you get it for me?" asked Junsu, smiling sweetly. She nodded once, smiling, and he handed her his keys. Taeyeon practically skipped out of the room.

As soon as she left, the smile on Junsu's face dropped and he looked at his hyung with a rather disapproving face. "We need to have a talk, Leeteuk hyung."

"About what?" asked Leeteuk, keeping his tone light and innocent.

"I thought you liked Taeyeon, hyung." The statement was short and to the point.

Leeteuk gaped and sputtered for an appropriate response. "I- who said that I- Taeyeon is-" Junsu stared blankly at him, and the older of the two let out a sigh. "Who told you?" Leeteuk suddenly realized that Junsu probably didn't forget his phone, and that it was the perfect distraction because Taeyeon would search until she found it because Junsu asked her to. How sneaky.

"It's pretty damn obvious, Leeteuk hyung." stated Junsu, taking his turn to sigh.

Leeteuk frowned and asked, "So does she know too then?"

"No. I don't think so..." mused Junsu, shrugging slightly. "I think she's too into being into me to realize that someone is into her."

"Oh. That makes sense." agreed Leeteuk, nodding in approval. And then he did a double-take and started sputtering again. "You- what- did she tell- how do you-"

"Talk normally please, hyung." pouted Junsu, slight frown on his face.

Leeteuk took a moment to collect his thoughts, and ended up spitting out a, "You knew that Taeyeon liked you all along, huh?"

"Like you, hyung, she is almost painfully obvious." admitted Junsu, sheepish smile in place.

The older male found himself glaring at the younger and he hissed, "Then why haven't you done anything? Why do you always act so clueless? Are you stringing her along?"

Junsu looked Leeteuk straight in the eyes and softly said, "Because you like her." Leeteuk stared back in confusion. He had no prior knowledge that he and Junsu had the whole "bros before hoes (except that taeng is no hoe)" thing going on between them. "I always knew that you liked her, way before she started liking me." explained Junsu, seeing the confusion on Leeteuk's face.

"You're a good hyung to me, even though I know you don't like me much because Taeyeon likes me. You still treat me as well as you are able, and I would like to see you have a chance with her." continued Junsu, much to Leeteuk's shock and confusion. I bet you don't even remember what you did for me, Leeteuk hyung. A frown etched its way onto Junsu's face when he added, "But I didn't know you had a fiancee." I tried to repay the favor. But you have a wife-to-be, and that's making things hard.

Leeteuk blinked rapidly for several seconds before taking his own chance to explain. "This is just a recent development! My father is obviously forcing this because you know how much I like Taeyeon!"

"I acted oblivious for two years, waiting for you to make a move. And then I find out that you have a fiancee." said Junsu, obviously unhappy.

"Look, this is completely forced! I have no feelings for her whatsoever!" Leeteuk, at this point, sounded completely exasperated (and rightfully so).

"But your fiancee has feelings for you." pointed out Junsu. "Taeyeon and I heard your conversation with her while she was leaving. You even got a little "cheek action" as Taeyeon called it." Junsu stared at blankly, as if deciding whether or not he should hold his tongue or not. He obviously had more to say. He just didn't know if he should say it or not."

"What are you trying to get at, Junsu?" asked Leeteuk, suddenly feeling tired and slightly uncomfortable.

"I'm saying that I might not be able to act oblivious anymore."

--chapter end!

Ta dah! Chapter title is what it is because...well, there was the normal HaeSica bickering (with a bonus of his parents in the next chapter!) and Junsu getting his feelings (sort of) out there. We also can't forget 2MIN and their treatment of both Jaejoong and Krystal. Hehe. 

I hope you guys liked this update! :D

And on another note. Happy Birthday to Jessica Jung Sooyeon! This update is especially dedicated to you. <3 I'll admit that in the beginning, you weren't one of my favorite members. Nowadays though, I start tearing up when it looks like you're having a hard time. That's how much you changed me. You may not be my official bias from SNSD, but I'll tell you now that I will always be a S<3NE for you and your eight other SNSD sisters. I love you! 

Comment replies:

KaiserKawaii: I like hyper Taemin too <3

szejie: TaeTeuk kind of hit a problem as of where the story is right now...but they'll have their time to shine! ;D

SujuElfishLove: Here is an update for you! :D

FolderName: I'm glad that Taemin and Yuhan made you laugh <3 as for Jaejoong...he's just kind of someone that all the other guys hate on. ;D (but as for whether or not he comes inbetween haesica is something to be determined. if he does, it probably won't be serious. probably.)

xQueenHanniex: Unnie! I love your long comment! Haha. I totally knew you would fall in love with Yuhan. haha. And of all things, I wouldn't consider bush diving to be the ultimate bonding experience. LOL. I don't know why you adore epic run scenes so much, but I kind of regret not making Minho run after the car. xD And THE Kim Jaejoong indeed. Hehe. <3

minstal_1: MinStal will have its time! ;D

chocoluv: Aww, you're such a sweetie! ;-; <3 I'm trying to put more HaeSica. Am I succeeding? xD

DomoChocolate: I love you. Hehe. Your comment made me smile! ;D 

Much love to everyone that commented and subscribed! <3

Oh, and one last thing! I have something to shamelessly advertise! xD

I started an apply fic with my friend xQueenHanniex and it would be really wonderful if you guys could apply. <3

I'll give a sniplet of the foreward to see if it interests any of you:

Hello and welcome! Here at Hwasong Shrine, we happily assist those that require an extra push in the game of love. With just a little written prayer and the help of our highly trained and friendly neighborhood shrine ghosts, we’ll make sure that you get your chance at love!

Please give it a chance and click on the link if you're even just minorly interested! 

Hwasong Shrine's Love Department! <3 

Thank you for your time!