Arrow 10! My name is...

Cupid Must Have Been High

Happy Chapter 10! (I'm surprised I got this far...) :D

arrow 10: my name is...

 

"Minho hyung, we seriously have a problem!" Taemin shouted into his phone and held it tightly in his right hand, as if holding it tighter would convey his feelings to his hyung better.

"Taemin, how many times have I asked you not to scream over the phone?" Minho's calm, slightly irritated voice replied back to the agitated maknae.

Taemin rolled his eyes and quickly said, "Sorry hyung." He took a moment to calm himself, and to make sure he wouldn't scream again, before he started to relay the dilemma.

"Soojung got kidnapped." he said that as calm and flatly as he could. (Minho would later realize that Taemin was imitating him)

"...what do you mean she got kidnapped?" Minho asked, skeptical.

"Can I freak out and shout while I tell you?" asked Taemin innocently.

A sigh was heard and a defeated "sure," was said.

"Thank you, hyung!" cried Taemin happily. He took in a deep breath (while Minho could be heard sighing from his side) and started his explanation. "Soojung got kidnapped! I was walking home, and I was like, "Oh, this is such a nice day!" and I was enjoying the scenery and everything and-"

"Get to the point, Taem."

"Right. Well, I saw her from far away and I was going to sneak up on her, just because that is what I do. You know that is what I do." Taemin apparently didn’t like to skip out on any of the details when explaining things.

"Uh huh."

"And then I saw this car pull up to her and I just thought that she was getting hit on by some random person." Taemin started to talk a little more frantically, and his voice was gradually getting higher.

People were starting to look.

"Krystal gets hit on all the time." Minho pointed this out, sounding annoyed. He wondered if Taemin was just pulling his leg. This wouldn't be the first time Taemin has tried to trick him.

"I know that, Minho hyung." retorted Taemin. "But here's the worrying part! SHE SMILED AND GOT IN THE CAR."

"...that is a little strange." admitted Minho.

"AND I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT PERSON IN MY LIFE!!"

"Maybe it's a friend we've never seen before?"

"But we know all of her friends!"

"...even still, if she willingly got into the car, that means she wasn't kidnapped. And maybe we don't know all of her friends." Minho felt like he was explaining things to a child. A panicky, hyperactive child.

"Hyung, it was a really good looking guy, and it looked like he offered her a ride." Taemin also felt like he was explaing something to a child.

"So?"

"You know how Soojung feels about really good looking guys."

"..."

"..." Taemin waited impatiently for Minho to answer him. His foot was tapping and everything.

Minho sighed once more and came to his own conclusion. "So maybe we should find her."

"Yeah, that's what I thought, Minho hyung." Taemin tried not to sound like such a smart , but it was hard not to.

This was about Krystal, after all. 

--

Taeyeon fidgeted slightly in her seat, and had quite the smile on her face. “Hehe, I’m sitting in Junsu oppa’s front seat.” she couldn’t help those types of thoughts, as she was actually sitting in his car. She stole glances at his side profile as he drove, and found that she didn’t really like this atmosphere.

Not to say that it was awkward. They were good enough friends to not feel uncomfortable every time silence took over, but that still didn’t mean Taeyeon had to like the silence.

“Junsu oppa…” Taeyeon didn’t like silence, so she was going to do her best to make this car ride not silent! “How much farther to Leeteuk oppa’s house?” That was the best she could think of to start.

Junsu jumped quickly at the sudden outside noise (he was singing a song in his head to amuse himself) and took his eyes off the road to look at the female who had adorably called “shot gun!” only 10 minutes before. “What, can’t stand a car ride with me, Taeng?” He laughed lightly and smiled; he could never resist teasing her.

Taeyeon looked horrified at the statement and shook her head so fast, Junsu wondered if she was going to get whiplash. “Oppa! You know that’s not what I meant!” She moved her hands about, as if that would make him believe her more.

Junsu only laughed and further, “I don’t know, Taeng~ You’re acting reeeaallly suspicious~” She looked at him with an indignant expression, and he could feel the glare she had on. He turned to her for only a moment and pinched one of her cheeks. “It’s okay, Taeng, I understand.” The face she made in response to him made him laugh all over again. Her eyes had gone wide, had dropped open slightly, and her cheeks went pink. “Taeyeon ah, close your mouth at least!”

Taeyeon obliged with his last statement, but found herself touching the cheek that he had pinched. She loved a laughing Junsu. She really did. But she especially loved when he did little things like pinching her cheek or teasing her. And at that moment, she was internally going crazy. “Be still my heart!” She muttered quietly.

“What did you say, Taeyeon?” asked Junsu absentmindedly, mind already back on the road.

“Nothing!” she chirped, probably a little too happily. He didn’t take notice of it. He never did.

“We’re here~” When he parked and they both got out of the car, Taeyeon gulped at the full sight of Leeteuk’s house.

They were greeted with the sight of a big two-story house, painted all white and with a fancy, tall gate. There was a security camera in plain sight, and if houses had could talk, then Taeyeon was sure that this house would tell of how it was the most inhospitable house in the world (okay, maybe just in South Korea).

“Is it me, or does the house look intimidating, oppa?”

“The house looks intimidating, Taeng.”

The duo stared on in wonder.

--

Taemin and Minho were discussing their “battle plans” and their “next move” in regards to saving the “kidnapped” Soojung. (That was probably too many inappropriate quotation marks for one sentence.)

“Why don’t we just call her?” asked Minho, curious. He really was wondering why he was debating on which mode of transportation was easiest, and he didn’t even want to consider what would happen if they actually brought in the supposed weapons to “save” Krystal.

Taemin stared at Minho blankly once, twice, put down the catalogue with guns in it, and stated, “That works too.” before taking out his cell phone.

The dancing maknae leisurely walked out of the store that had the magazine that could have made them criminals, and effortlessly dialed Krystal’s number with Minho rolling his eyes and trailing behind him. Taemin paced the sidewalk impatiently and stared at the street blankly.

In the thirty seconds that Taemin was listening to ringing, Minho was happy. Why was he happy? Because Taemin was being calm and quiet. And then his happiness was no more.

“Minho hyung, she didn’t pick up!” Taemin whined, shaking his phone at the older angrily.

(Minho seems like a babysitter right now. ._. Sorry, Minho.)

The older pursed his lips in quiet frustration and suggested, “Call her house? Or Jessica noona?”

Taemin signed and was going to phone either one of the older Jung’s- really, he was.

But instead, he saw the car that made his life increasingly more difficult in the past two hours since school let out drive by. And he would bet on his life that he saw her- that Krystal was still in that car.

“OH MY GOD, MINHO HYUNG, I SEE HER!” Taemin almost dropped his phone in surprise and screeched, making Minho jump. “MINHO HYUNG, GO! GO!”

“Go where?” he half-shouted, surprised at the sudden screaming.

“Go chase after that car!” Taemin didn’t let up on the screeching. “Krystal’s in it!”

Minho nodded once, and proceeded to get into a running position, before suddenly stopping and looking at his best friend with a flat expression. “You want me to chase after a car?”

“Yes, I want you to chase after a car.” said Taemin, as if he was explaining a simple math problem to a young child.

“I’m not chasing after a car.” Minho said, also like he was explaining a simple math problem to a young child.

“Why not?” Taemin demanded, already scowling. The car was getting farther away!

“Because I’m not stupid enough to chase after a car, Taem.”

“If you were in that car, Soojung and I would chase after it!”

And Minho knew that Taemin and Soojung would actually chase after a car for him. However, Minho still wasn’t going to chase a car right now. For all he knew, Soojung could be on a date or something right now, and running after that car would most definitely ruin whatever was going on in that car.

So he settled for teasing Taemin instead, as a means of a distraction. “That says a lot about you guys.”

Taemin pouted slightly before (adorably) threatening his hyung, saying, “You want to go, Minho hyu- Oh look, the car parked.” Taemin blinked once, twice at the park car, and then ran towards it like he never ran before.

“Wait, Taemin!” Minho groaned in frustration as he followed his best friend who was currently running full speed ahead to a parked car. He didn’t see things going well from here, but he was hopeful he could prevent some soon-to-done damage.

“SOOJUNG AH, TAEMIN OPPA IS HERE FOR YOU!”

“…Oh my god.” muttered Minho. He was already too late.

--

Donghae went home dejectedly, wondering if he should have told the evil demon lady turned tiger turned goddess that today wasn't a good day for him.

He knew that he might never get a chance to get her help again, but today was just...

"She just had to pick the day my parents are actually home." he muttered. Donghae sighed unhappily and sulked around the house for about ten minutes before remembering that he had a dongsaeng he had yet greeted.

His spirits were suddenly lifted and he put on a smile at the thought of that dongsaeng.

“YUHAN AH!” He yelled at the top of his lungs, admiring the echo that he had created.

“HYUNG ANNYEONG!” A voice could be heard from upstairs and Donghae raced up the stairs to smother his little dongsaeng with love. Donghae immediately spotted his little brother and proceeded to kiss both cheeks happily.

“Hyung, stop it! You’re gross!’ The little boy named Yuhan giggled, wiping away the residual saliva from his hyung’s kisses. He sat in his wheelchair, bright and happy as could be.

“I can’t help it if you’re so cute I have to suffocate you with my love.” pouted Donghae, bending down and pinching one of Yuhan’s cheeks.

Yuhan just stuck his tongue out and screamed, “GROSS!” at the top of his lungs, quite immaturely.

Donghae just smiled as this was basically their routine. He loved it. And then Donghae remembered that he had things to worry about. “Listen, Yuhan, one of my friend’s from my school is coming over today..”

“Who? Who? Who who who?” asked Yuhan, excited.

Donghae held down a grimace and stated, “Just a random classmate.”

“Ooh, is it Kibummie hyung? Or maybe Hyukjae hyung? Hey, I haven’t seen Leeteuk hyung in a while!” Yuhan was smiling brightly and rolling about in his wheelchair. He was a little too excited though, as he almost ran over Donghae’s right foot.

“No…” started Donghae, reluctant to finish his sentence. He knew his brother was going to get the wrong idea. He just knew it. “My friend Jessica is coming over.”

Yuhan’s mouth made an adorable “O” before he started giggling and asking, “Is Jessica your girlfriend? Can I call her noona? Is she pretty? Is she nice? What kind of person is she?”

Donghae frowned at the barrage of questions as he was never good when asked multiple questions, but decided to try his best for Yuhan. “No she is not my girlfriend, I like her friend. You can call her noona if she will let you.” He paused briefly before whispering obnoxiously, “I guess you could say she’s pretty.” And then his voice volume went back up. “She gave me a bruise, so you can tell how nice she is. And she is an evil demon tiger lady turned goddess.” Donghae ended his little Jessica-speech on a serious note. “Really, she is.”

“How can she be an evil demon and a goddess?” asked Yuhan, confused.

“You’ll see.” Donghae muttered, voice dark. He thought for a moment, staring at his brother before saying, “To make her happy, call her a goddess, alright?” lectured Donghae, wagging a finger. “She already dislikes me, so maybe your cuteness will make up for all those times I’ve pissed her off.”

Yuhan gave a mock salute and cheerfully said, “Goddess Jessica noona! Got it!”

“You know, you really don’t have to call her noona after all. It sounds weird.” declared Donghae, giving a strange look to Yuhan.

“But you told me-”

And then the doorbell rang and Donghae gaped. His head turned to the nearest clock so fast, it was a wonder he didn’t get whiplash. The clock only read 4 something. “SHE’S EARLY. OH MY GOD, I’M NOT READY FOR HER TO BE IN MY HOUSE.” Donghae screeched, flailing about for a moment.

“Can I answer the door then?” asked Yuhan, tone innocent. He wanted to see this goddess his hyung was talking about.

“No, no, I’ll get it!” Donghae breathed in and out deeply for a couple moments as Yuhan watched on in amusement before running downstairs, almost tripping along the way.

Yuhan heard the door open and he could have sworn he heard a very pretty voice go, “Hey buffoon.” He blinked once, twice, and then tried to make out his brother’s muffled reply.

He waited a couple more moments before deciding that they weren’t getting up here fast enough and shrugged, deciding to help things along. “GODDESS JESSICA NOONA.” he screamed at the top of his lungs.

“…who’s that?”

“OH MY GOD YUHAN, NOT RIGHT WHEN SHE WALKS THROUGH THE DOOR.”

--

Taemin ran up to the car, feeling quite excited at the fact that he found Soojung. Minho was right behind him, even if the younger had gotten a head start. Taemin walked up to the passenger’s seat, tapped on the window three times, smiled, waved, and then proceeded to open the door, pull Krystal out, and squeeze her to death.

“Soojungie, I never thought I would see you again!” he cried dramatically, hugging her tightly while trying to check for injuries.

She awkwardly patted his back and consoled him while looking at Minho, mouthing, “What’s going on?”

Minho awkwardly shrugged in response, and pointed to the person now stepping out of the car.

“Krystal, you told me you didn’t have a boyfriend.” the driver remarked, voice dry.

“I don’t, this is just an overprotective oppa.” replied Krystal, voice just as dry. Taemin was still hugging her.

In fact, he decided that hugging her wasn’t enough. He had to “protect her from harm” as well. So he turned her around, blocking her view from the mysterious speaker. (Meaning that he had a clear view of him now.)

He scowled at the mysterious man and asked, “Who are you, anyway?”

The man gave a dry smile and stated, “I feel like I should ask about who abruptly lifted my passenger out of my car, but I feel like being nice.”

Taemin and Minho both quirked an eyebrow at that statement.

“My name is Kim Jaejoong.”

--

“Oppa, you ring the doorbell.”

“Taeyeon, as your oppa, you should ring the doorbell.”

The duo had been like this for the past two minutes or so. They felt some strange vibes coming from that house, and thus did not want to ring the doorbell. In actuality, it was a surprise that they even got to the front door after bickering in front of the gate about who would open that for a couple minutes. (Junsu had caved and opened the gate in the end.)

“Since I opened the gate, you should ring the doorbell.” Junsu reasoned, giving her a pointed stare. Taeyeon scoffed at the reasoning and just stared at him blankly.

Junsu wasn’t one to lose a staring contest, and had no problem making use of that. In fact, he even stepped a little closer, to intimidate her.

Of course, that was all it took to make Taeyeon cave. “Darn my crush on Junsu oppa!” she whined in her thoughts. She turned to the door and was about to press the button when the door opened slowly all by itself. Junsu and Taeyeon were about to run and pretend like this excursion never happened, when they heard something that rooted them to the ground.

“Bye Jungsoo ah~”

“Just because I’m your fiancée doesn’t mean that you can call me that.” It was undeniable that this was Leeteuk’s voice. Which meant that he actually had a fiancée, and that he and his fiancée were right in front of the slowly opening door. Which Taeyeon and Junsu were also in front of.

TaeSu looked at each other, horrified for a moment. And then for reasons unknown to them, they both decided to jump in bushes and hope that they weren’t seen (if asked later, Junsu would say that there was something scandalous about the whole situation).

“We’ll be married soon anyway, so I should get to call you what I want~” The door then fully swung open and a tall, pretty girl could be seen standing next to Leeteuk (who had a grimace on his face). She smiled at him brightly, pecked his cheek, and then practically skipped out, humming. Leeteuk could be heard sighing as he closed the door.

“Leeteuk oppa has a fiancée?” Taeyeon whispered, shocked. “Wait, wait, Leeteuk oppa got a kiss from her? He has game!” She stood up from her uncomfortable place in the bushes and dusted herself off. “Maybe that’s why he has been acting so weird. Woman troubles?” Taeyeon wondered.

Junsu was un-amused at the whole thing. “Lets go have that talk with him, hmm~? We need to get to the bottom of this.”

“Bottom of what, Junsu oppa?” Taeyeon asked, helping Junsu up from his position in the bushes.

“I guess that’s what we’ll find out, Taeng.”

--chapter end.

Well, now I know to never put up chapter previews because I probably won’t even be able to fit all that I “previewed” in one chapter. x{

But anyway~ tad ah! The cliché of all clichés! Teukie has a fiancée! I don’t even know why I do this to myself (and my story. -__-‘’) And, and, appearance of Jaejoong, just cause…well…it’s Jaejoong. Heh. Oh, not to mention, here’s Yuhan’s first real appearance! The chapter is titled “My name is…” because there is both the introduction to Yuhan and Jaejoong. :D <3 But by the way, anyone else loving overprotective Taemin as much as I am? ;D

I realized that I went over my month limit thing with this story by a couple hours and I sincerely apologize ;--; I promise I’ll update at least twice from now until May 27th to make up for it. ><

But anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. :D Please comment and subscribe!

(unedited because I am tired and don't want to look at this anymore…will fix this chappie later.)

Comment replies:

szejie: Here's another update for you! :D

nerdscandy: hehehe. :D

gabinee_junior: I love that you love it! <3 

herpderpforever: Ta dah! Jaejoong kidnapped Soojungie! Hehe. And more of Teuk (and HaeSica....and Yoong, for that matter) will come ;D

FolderName: I'm glad that you loved HaeSica! (even if they kind of took a back seat in this chapter...but at least Yuhan is cute. :D) I'll actually get to the interrogation next chapter... -__-'' and the rest of f(x) is showing up soon! hehe. <3

Anyone else feel like this story is moving too slowly? ._.