004.

Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

003.

 

 

(Three years later)

 

“Mommy!”

Yura watched as her cute little pixie ran over to her from inside her new bedroom. She squatted down to adjust her level and let her jump onto her arms. “Mom! I really like my room! So many toys!” she widened her eyes in excitement and gritted her teeth amusingly.

“I’ve told you that I’ll give you so many toys in our new place, right?” Yura smiled to her best treasure in universe and gave her little daughter a ticklish peck on her nose. Yes, a daughter. Now, Yura has two years old biological daughter named Louise Sora Canadie. Everybody calls her Sora but Yura also gave Sora another nickname for her to use and it’s Candy from Canadie.

Wonder how could she end up having a daughter? She has no idea either. It’s not like she haphazardly slept with billion guys in past. She really didn’t know how could she get pregnant. The only thing she remembered was that she started to show pregnancy symptoms but she just shrugged it off. It went on for so long and she also skipped her period during the meantime. She refused to go to the obstetricians at first but her parents kept assuring her that they believed she didn’t do anything reckless and persuaded her to check up for the best. She agreed with them in the end and the result hit her as the doctor congratulated her for her one month and three weeks pregnancy.

She remembered clearly sobbing to the top of her lung with a thought of being . She’s beyond lucky to have such considerate parents and despite all the non-sense things happened, they still believed in her. She wanted to abort the womb at first but her parents forbade her. They convinced her to raise the womb because in the end, child is the most beautiful thing every woman could ever expect and indeed, they’re right.

If it’s not because of her daughter then she wouldn’t have got to finish her first two years lecture in Japan and stood up tough for life. It's so hard to be a mother and a medical student at the same time. She postponed her education for a year to wait for Sora’s birth and three months after she gave birth, she went back to continue her study. And now there she is, already finished with her first two years in Japan and moving over to Seoul to continue the next two years before she graduate and begin her journey as a doctor.

She now lives with Sora in their new apartment with three bedrooms. It’s wider than their former apartment in Japan and it’s more comfortable. She wants to provide the best for her daughter as a single parent and of course, her parents supported the thought as well. She still lives under her parents’ support since she hasn’t got to earn my own money yet but soon, she would graduate and make money by her own. That’s the reason why she worked thousandth times harder to be a mother and a student at the same time.

“Mommy, I’m hungry,” Yura could hear Sora’s stomach grumbled as she pouted cutely. She smiled at her cuteness and immediately carried Sora onto her arms. “Does my princess want to eat her mother's cook or go out and eat in a restaurant?” she asked.

“LET’S GO OUT!!!” Sora screamed excitedly with both her hands clapped and she said nothing to her demand but grabbed her purse and walked outside the apartment.

They strolled around Myeong-dong Street only by the two of them. She carried Sora on her arms as she looked around in excitement–probably feeling familiar to the environment already since the downtown had not much difference with Tokyo’s downtown. Everybody kept staring to their direction while squealing over her daughter’s cuteness and she’s got used to it already. It’s often for her to have people approaches them and compliments her daughter right away for her beauty and cuteness. They would also question and doubt her when she told them Sora’s her daughter. They thought she must be joking since her look is simply just too young but what else could she say? She’s 20 but she’s a mother of two years old already.

They ended up eating at a barbeque restaurant after searching for places to settle. She doesn’t know why but her daughter has this massive addiction for meat and bubble tea when Yura clearly hates it. Sora even praises those more than her toys when usually child in her age would put their toys first before anything.

Yura could see Sora silently drooling at the sizzling voice of Korean beef on the grill. She took a brief glance to her while she waited for the beef sides to cook and gritted her teeth. She really can’t stand Sora’s cuteness at whatever she’s doing. She’s so adorable and she really is at her best state when she attempts to speak Korean–her voice would be the mixture of gargling and mumbling sounds and it’s so adorable to hear.

Sora has brown eyes and Yura has no idea about where did she get those. Yura’s eyes are blue from her American genes and the gene inherited from her family’s Singaporean blood is black eyes. She has round big eyes with thick pointed eyelashes and again, Yura didn’t know where the pointed eyelashes came from–it makes her look a doll. Her nose is slightly sharp and her cheeks are cottony. She has a way fairer skin than Yura and she has natural pink plump lips that also didn’t come from her family or herself. What’s weird was that Sora weirdly has this Korean milky flawless skin on her. Yura’s also white but they’re white in different type.

Sora finished her plate really diligently, not to mention she also ate alone tidily as Yura taught. Yura’s so proud that even though Sora is still two years old, she managed to behave and she also grew up smarter than kids in her age. She feels like she somehow succeeded on raising Sora on her own.

After they finished eating, they didn’t continue to stroll around the street because Sora was already sleepy. Sora actually asked her to keep going but Yura could notice her red teary eyes. Sora also kept on rubbing it and yawned myriad times.

“Honey,” Yura squatted down to adjust her level and smiled, “I can already hear the dwarfs inside your head asking for sleep. They’re already tired from working a lot today. Let’s go home first and sleep with mommy in my room. I promise I will take you out again at night only after you take your nap. Okay?”

Sora pouted in disappointment but nodded her head anyway. Yura gave her a glad smile and quickly lifted her up to her arms. Once she got onto her embrace, she immediately placed her head on her mother’s shoulder and in less than two minutes, she dozed off into deep slumber already. It took them 15 minutes walk from the main street to their apartment and soon as they got home, she placed Sora inside her room and continued on what she should be doing: unpacking stuffs.

After placing Sora’s toys on the drawer, she opened the next box and giggled. It’s an old box that she hasn’t opened for a really long time. She originally planned to leave it behind but she ended up bringing it along with her to Seoul. The stuffs inside are everything related to EXO from albums, posters

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter