024.

Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

024.

 

 

“Mommy…”

The voice of the door cracking open immediately shut Yura out of her thought. She got up from her bed and walked to the door where Sora stood with her teddy bear in her arms. “Sora. Why are you awake in the middle of the night? Did you have a bad dream?” she asked worriedly.

Sora slowly shook her head and rubbed her eyes sleepily. “No… But I’m dreaming about Daddy. I want to meet Daddy, Mom.”

Yura’s struck by her daughter’s demand and tried to hide away her nervousness. She had been avoiding him for the last two weeks ever since that kissing accident; she rejected his phone, she avoided his message, she even pretended that she’s not home when he visited. She felt bad for doing so but at the same time, she didn’t feel like seeing him either.

“Daddy is busy, Sora. He needs to make lots of money to buy toys for you,” she lied. “And you told Daddy you want to go to Disneyland right?”

She thought Sora would understand just like any other day but this time, it seemed like she really missed her father. Sora’s lips began to tremble and her eyes went teary. “But I want to meet Daddy now. I don’t want toys. I want Daddy!!!” the moment she finished her words, she burst out in tears and wailed loudly. Yura immediately carried her up and soothed her in her embrace but there’s no use of doing that. She knew it well that once Sora wants something, she’s willing to roll on the floor all night long only to get what she demands.

Half an hour later, at 00:47AM precisely, someone opened the front door and walked inside to the dark living room. He the desk lamp to light his way to the kid’s bedroom. He peeked through the door slowly with the thought that he might wake her up from her sleep, but he found no one in her room. Closing the door, he walked to the bedroom on the corner and pressed his ears to the door.

“Do you like Kris-Appa better or Daddy?” he could feel his heart went pit a pat–he was nervous about the answer. His heart would literally crash apart if she says she likes the other one better than him.

“Hmm…” he heard Sora’s hum and he swore his heart was going to drop in any soon. “I like Kris-Appa… He’s handsome, funny, and he plays with me a lot since I was still a baby.”

“But Mommy… Daddy Sehun is my real dad. I really want to have a father and now my Daddy is here. Of course I like Daddy better. I love Daddy!”

Sehun’s lips formed a crescent soon as he heard her answer. Again, he felt bad for leaving the two of them back then. If only he was a bit braver, maybe things wouldn’t turn out this complicated.

“But what if Mommy ends up choosing another man? Like Kris-Appa maybe? What if I marry him? Will Sora feel happy about it?” the smile on his lips didn’t last long and this time, he could hear the voice of his heart cracking. He felt like he’s being stabbed hard.

“Do you like Kris-Appa, Mom?” Sora questioned her without answering her first. “You’re happy when Kris-Appa is here? You must like his cook so much!”

This time, Yura took a long time to answer. There were silence inside the room and it was killing him so much. He waited and waited, and the long waited answer was finally there.

“I like Kris-Appa as a friend. But if Sora likes him and wants him to live with you, then Mommy will try to like him as your father.”

“Kris-Appa is cool but I want Daddy to be my father. If Mommy wants to try liking Kris-Appa for Sora, then will you try to like Daddy for Sora too?”

Yura smiled but her heart’s aching. She felt bad for taking too much time to accept him in her life but it was a hard thing to do for her. The pain he’s causing in her life was too much for her to take in. Never she thought that it would be happening to her. But she knows there’s something in her heart that started to flare whenever she heard his name. There’s a part of her self that searches for his whereabouts. There’s a tiny bit of her thought wanting to see him before she closes her eyes and when she opens her eyes in the next morning.

Just when she was about to answer, the door suddenly opened and revealed Sehun’s figure. He usually appears in his casual clothes–plaid buttoned shirt, t-shirt, jeans or sometimes in suit, but this time, he wore his only loose shirt and boxer. His face was bare and his hair’s quite a mess. She could immediately tell that he must be rushing here right after he woke up from the phone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter