014.

Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

014.

 

 

"Appa!!!" with her plushy Pororo backpack, Sora ran outside her class in the speed of light to approach her loveliest man with such a fairy-like smile. Kris straightened up his body from leaning on the wall and diverted his eyes from his phone once he heard her voice. He squatted down and waited until she jumped on his arms–welcoming her with so much love as if she's his own flesh and blood.

“Did my baby have a really, really great day at school?” he asked while planting kiss on her forehead like how he always does. He promised her to give one kiss for reward every time she finishes school without whining or crying to go home.

“I have a greattt~ day at school!” she exclaimed excitedly with her eyes shut tight.

Kris chuckled at her cute expression as he offered his back for her. “So, piggyback ride?”

“Piggyback ride!!!” Sora squeaked and jumped on his back immediately.

“Let’s go for lunch, princess!” he playfully trotted through halfway of the hall only to make her laugh from the bouncy ride.

Kris plucked the seatbelt for Sora and dashed to the driver’s seat. He immediately drove off to avoid stares and squeals coming from the mothers in Sora’s kindergarten. It’s been forever since the first time he went there to pick up Sora everyday but each day, the mother’s enthusiasm became worse and worse.

“So, what do you want for lunch?” he asked when his Audi pulled into Hongdae Street. He slowed down the speed to let Sora scanned the restaurants rowed along the street. She looked confused because her grumbling stomach asked for everything she saw on the display.

“Do you want pasta, hanwoo, samgyeopsal, sushi, or… steak maybe?” he tried some suggestion after he recalled everything Sora likes but nothing came out of .

“Appa! I want bubble tea,” Sora frowned when Kris’s car reached the end of the street and she didn’t find any bubble tea stores.

*Absolutely Sehun’s daughter… Whining for bubble tea when he’s hungry* Kris mentally chuckled.

“Honey, let’s buy bubble tea after you eat or I’ll call mommy to tell-“ his words were cut off when she gasped at the mention. Not that Yura’s the stern and strict type of mother, since she’s been raising Sora all on her own, she has to apply some rules for Sora’s own good. She’s always been so nice and loving to her and that’s how Sora grew to respect and obey her mother even without her mother scolding or grounding her. It’s like the thought of disobeying her mother alone could hurt her.

“Appa! Sora is sooo hungry! I want to eat everything!” she blurted out but her eyes pleaded him not tell her mother anything.

The bait of ‘I’ll call and tell mommy’ always works, of course. Kris silently giggled and continued to drive slowly until his eyes caught a crowded fast food restaurant. His eyes glistened from the phantom view of golden fried chicken coated on sweet savory sauces served with rice and pickled radish. His mind somehow was brought back to the first time he ever darted his eyes on chicken.

“Don’t tell mommy but do you want fried chicken?” Kris whispered with a sly face on him as if Yura was in the car to hear their conversation.

Sora gritted her teeth in excitement for oily chicken and nodded excitedly. “Yay!!! I won’t tell mommy, Appa! Let’s eat fried chicken!!!”

They ended up with a bucket of fried half-chicken coated in honey sauce. Kris peeled the meet off its bones first and served it for her. After she’s begun eating her part, Kris grabbed the chicken and gnawed it hungrily. He hates oily food but chicken is the only exception for him.

“Appa… Last night… Why did you look so happy when you meet uncle Sehun?” she asked in the middle of juices from the chicken leg. 

Kris paused to think for the right answer, “Uncle Sehun is Appa’s best friend and it’s been a really long time since the last time we met."

“I saw you crying last night!” she stuck out her tongue with a cute mocking face. “Appa is a whiney~ Appa is a whiney~ Sora is not whiney~” she added cute rhythm to her mock.

“Bad Sora!” he pretended to cry and Sora laughed for her victory, but more like he tried to divert the topic and continue it with different topic.

“But why did you cry?” she stomped her feet and showed him aegyo. Above it all, she looked worried even though she didn’t express it bluntly.

He gave up and his head quickly seek for excuse. “It’s because Appa misses uncle Sehun so much,” he answered.

“You haven’t met him for a long time?” she added another twinge question.

“Yes honey, I haven’t, “ he ruffled the kid’s hair with the back of his palm.

“Ooo~” she let out a long howl, “You must like him sooo much, right?”

Kris laughed at her messy words, “I like him so much like I like my other best friends,” he countered.

“Like you like mommy?” she asked again without seeing him this time.

Kris stopped chewing his chicken and gulped down in aghast. She had asked him so many times about how much he loves her mom as his best friend but he also knew that it’s been more than that.

*I love my EXO brothers like I love my family but I love Yura the way I love… the woman whom I even willing to die for*

“Hmm,” he hummed, “I like him like I like mommy because mommy is also my best friend.”

“Do you like uncle Sehun?” this time, he’s the one who asked her the same question.

She raised her thumb up with a smile on her face. “I like him!”

Kris heaved a relieved sigh under his breath and smiled like there’s no tomorrow. Nothing’s more relieving than knowing that one of his precious dongsaeng could win a step forward in his own daughter’s heart.

Right in time, a phone call came through Kris’s phone. He quickly wiped the oil off his fingers with wet tissues before he picked up the phone.

“Hyung!” the voice from across happily greeted him.

“Oh, Sehunnie!” he replied him merrier but with a lower voice.

“Hyung, are you with Sora already?”

“Yes. We’re at Hongdae eating chicken now.”

“You gave her fried chicken?! Hyung!”

“Yah! It’s not like I give her fried chicken for lunch everyday!” Kris chuckled, probably trying to stand up for his choice.

“Alright, only for this time,” Sehun said–already stern about her daughter’s health, “At what time can I pick her up?”

Kris took a while to munch his chicken deliciously, “If it’s okay then I will drop her.”

“Hyung… Honestly, you should also come with her. Come on, the members miss you so much, especially Tao. That clingy ugly thing still whines to meet you at le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter