009.

Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

009.

 

 

“I’m sorry… She’ll be back in a while,” Yura placed down a glass of orange juice on the table and plopped her self down to the couch across Sehun. Sehun bowed his head to thank her for the drink and smiled. “It’s okay. I really can’t wait to meet her.”

Sehun and Yura were left alone in Yura’s place. Sora’s going out for a while with Kris because she had been crying all morning–not wanting to go. She didn’t know anything about the person she’s going to meet. She’s actually okay with it at first, but she immediately turned tantrum once she knew that Kris is not coming with them.

Sehun cleared his throat unknowingly due to the awkward air between them. They stayed in silence with both eyes roaming around the room–avoiding to meet each other's. Yura kept fiddling her fingers from the nervousness of staying alone with her bias while Sehun, on the other side, almost choked to his death from the magnificent feeling of being with the mother of his daughter. He never knows the feeling of being a father would be that good.

“She must be really close with Kris-hyung, right?” Sehun tried to break the ice first but his heart immediately sunk to his own question.

Yura sheepishly smiled and tucked her falling hair behind her ears. “A lot. She’s just missing a figure of father around her and I think she finds it all on Kris-oppa.”

Sehun felt his heart being stabbed with a sharp knife from her answer. He indeed is a really bad father, he thought. “Ah… I see,” he smiled bitterly.

“Oppa. I hope you won’t feel offended but… what brought you here actually?” she hesitantly asked. She wasn’t going to ask the question that’d been bothering her fluttering heart at first but she just couldn’t stand to seal . Why on earth, someone she hasn’t met for years long, a guy who’s supposed to treat her only with a smile or a treat of simple signature, came all the way to her place wanting to go out with her and her daughter suddenly? She knew million fangirls would kill for this chance but now, she couldn't help but wondering why.

Sehun’s heart thumped fast while thinking for billions answers on his head and it’s probably all about Yura and Sora. He didn’t have any special intention, actually. It’s just because he clearly wanted to meet them and be with the two persons that means life for him. “Do you want me to be honest or to blabber lies?” he asked her back.

“First option at its best,” she twitched her pink lips coyly.

“I honestly can’t get the picture of your daughter off my mind. She is the most adorable little girl in my thoughts,” he lied, of course. He’s not ready to spill out the truth yet, at least not now.

“Ah… I see,” she nodded in contentment and they’re immediately back to silence again, but it’s a good silence filled with stupid smiles and red tint cheeks.

“So, you really did get pregnant, huh?”

Yura took a while to sigh and answered, “I did. I should’ve listened to your words back then,” she frowned for seconds before she lifted her head up to face him and her dark expression suddenly beamed like sunny days. “But I’m glad I did. I’m glad that I gave birth to Sora. I was frightening to death at first. I was so blunt that I thought the only option I had was just to abort the womb. But I’m proud that I chose to go on. Sora, for me, is the most precious gift I could ever receive. My life goes brighter at the first sound of her shriek and goes more better each days–all because of her presence in my life,” she sounded so sincere, she was beaming, she looked so glad, and she looked completely happy.

Sehun didn’t really sure about how to react. He was wavering in mind whether to feel relieved that she’s fine or to feel sorry for making her suffered back then. All he wanted to do was to thank her for also giving him the most precious gift he had ever received in world. He wanted to hug her and apologize for his fear of being rejected and all. He wanted to tell her that he’s now here and wouldn’t let her go all alone again.

“Do you have any thoughts to look for the father?” Sehun cursed his head for slipping out such question. He hasn’t yet ready to ask because he’s still afraid of the answer but it just slipped away.

Yura ducked her head and stared blankly to the floor. There were mixtures of sadness, frown, pain, bitterness, but also happiness and hope dominating in her eyes as she said, “I want to know the father of my daughter. I’m not saying that I would loathe him but maybe it wouldn’t be easy for me to forgive him. Or maybe I would never be able to forgive him? Only God knows. But I still want to see the face of the father. Besides, I also want to thank him because I wouldn’t be able to live happily with Sora now if it wasn’t for him, right? I also want to show my daughter that she actually has a father and maybe I would let the father to be there for Sora, to watch her grow up, to guard her as a father, and to take care of her. I don’t want my selfishness to turn my daughter’s life into a miserable one–to let her live without having her father at all. I don’t want that.”

Sehun gulped down and gasped quietly to avoid getting caught by her. His heart was aching thousandth times more and he knew he just lost his chance right in front of his eyes. He literally cursed himself for being stupid or maybe the word stupid is not enough to explain how much ed up he was. Even if Yura forgives him in the end, he knew that it would take a lifetime for her to do it.

The sound of the doorknob clicking flinched both Sehun and Yura as Yura quickly stood up to welcome Kris and Sora. Sehun was stiffened at his place knowing that he would soon meet Kris–they haven’t seen each other for long, his termination case remains unsolved for years. But his expectation didn’t happen. 

He only saw Sora running toward Yur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter