015.

Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

015.

 

 

Sehun pulled up his Bentley into Yura’s apartment lobby and parked it slowly to prevent waking up his daughter. It’s already 9.42PM and he’s running late from the promised time but what could he do when his daughter cried and insisted to sleep with him first before he brought her back home?

He hung her Pororo backpack on his arm and carefully lifted the fragile body off the car. He gently put her head on his shoulder and supported her body using his arms. He kicked the door closed and walked toward the lobby first before he locked the car from afar–he didn’t want the stupid loud beeping voice wake Sora up from her sound sleep.

He was going to open the door with the access card Kris gave him earlier but he couldn’t grab his wallet in such position. He pressed the bell several times before the door opened and revealed Yura in her pajamas. Sehun would agree if everybody told him that she’s just a college student, not a mother, because her appearance was just like a normal student who’s cramming to finish her excessive amount of work, yet she still managed to look beautiful and awed him.

She led him inside to Sora’s room and opened the door for him. Sehun walked in with a heavy steps, knowing that he needed to be apart from his daughter even he knew he could meet her again tomorrow all he wants. He leaned the little fairy down to her bed and covered her with her pink duvet. He placed her bag on her desk and went back to the bed. He stared at her tenderly for seconds before he shoved her bangs off her face and planted a good night kiss on her forehead. He fixed the duvet once again before he the desk lamp beside her and walked outside the room without forgetting to turn off the lamp.

He saw Yura on the living room's couch–looking stressed and burdened. Books and papers were all over her. She looked like a mess with her dark circles and he could safely say that she might’ve been up many times the past nights. As much as he wanted to let her focus on her thesis, he couldn’t avoid telling her about what happened on the dorm earlier. He couldn’t go home without telling her that Sora’s already found out everything.

He nervously took a deep breath before he walked approached her and plopped himself on the couch across her. “Hey,” he tried to open the conversation nicely but all he got in return was a short, unfriendly hum.

“I’m sorry to bother you but I need to tell you something and it’s about Sora,” the moment he mentioned Sora’s name, Yura put down her highlighter and lifted up her head. She remained silent but by that he knew that she was waiting for him to speak.

“I was talking with Kai about… Well, about you and Sora in our room. Sora had already gone to the playing room with Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae hyung. But I didn’t know that she demanded them to let her clean up first before they play. So, we were still talking when she went back to the room and-“

“Reckless,” that was all she said to cut off his explanation. Her eyes were full with anger and she looked too cold for someone angry. Even before he finished his words, she could already guess what it was.

Sehun heaved a sigh in the end, at least her respond was a lot better than a big slap on his face. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to tell her.”

Yura closed her book and slammed it aside her. She ruffled her hair and leaned her back on the couch. She’s still in a dither of his confession, added by her upcoming thesis deadline, and now he’s telling her that their daughter already found out about his identity?

She closed her eyes and dropped tears from her eyes. She mentally cursed her mind for suddenly crying but she just couldn’t help it. Everything was just too much for her. She never thought that the feeling of finding out the truth about him would be this hurtful. Maybe it would be better if the father were someone she’s never met or someone who’s never around–a complete stranger. But Sehun? He knew her yet he chose to hide it all. He chose to play innocent. He chose to not tell her anything and that’s unbearably hurtful for her.

“What did she say?” she straightened up her body into a proper sitting position and looked the other way around–avoided her tears to be seen but of course he noticed it.

Sehun smiled and stared to the floor. He knew he had no right to smile or to feel happy but the fact that his daughter was hugging him so tight and repeatedly called him daddy, it was undeniably touching for him. “She ran to me and hugged me so tight. She kept on calling me daddy. ‘Daddy. I have a father. Daddy’ that was all she kept on saying,” he explained as he recalled the moment that he swore he would never forget all his life.

“I feel fiendish, Yura. I’ve taken almost all of her happiness all this time. She grew up three years without her father on her side while I just stood there wavering whether to tell you the truth or not. I was too scared. I’m scared both of you’ll hate me and look at you now. You hate me, right? Everything’s just like what I’ve expected it to be.”

Yura silently cried under her breath but her tears betrayed her. Her heart felt like its stabbed with a sharp knife as he spilled out each word. “So what? You expect us to smile and welcome you warmly? After all the hiding and lies you’ve put us through? It’s just… It’s never the right thing to run away from your daughter, you know? You can run from me–it’s your call and I don’t have any right to hamper you. But from your daughter? You’re hid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter