Bonus Chapter #4

Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BONUS CHAPTER

 

 

Years vaguely passed like a roll of movie in two hours cinema–fast, mind-blowing, yet it felt like one second. It felt like it was yesterday when Yura first invited him over to her place and introduced her daughter, Sora. He’s reminded to Tinkerbell the moment he saw her–fragile, beautiful, bright, a blessing. Smile just welcomed him like an old friend the moment he touched her milky skin and he couldn’t deny that the little girl resembled Sehun in so many ways, even the way she stared at people.

Kris had found out about Sehun and Yura long before Yura or even Sehun himself. That night, he got a really painful headache after drinking too much alcohol and he happened to drift off the heavy hangover. Even though he’s practically dragging his feet and crawled his way up, he reached the trainee room and just went in to quickly have a good sleep but he stopped midway.

He saw Sehun and Yura, their clothes had long forgotten and they’re covered under the cold white sheet. There was no light but the moon illuminated their shadows and Kris just knew that what they had was more than a one-time thing. There’s no rush in every move, their breath just sang together like a melody in breezy midnight, and there were no mad screaming but gentle whispers of sweet words between them. It was as if they didn’t let their passion to take over the night, but their hearts. He was going to talk about it to Sehun the next day, but Sehun looked so normal for a person who’d just drown in the pool of love and pleasure so he halted his intention. He thought maybe alcohol did a wonder for drunken Sehun and Yura but the magic disappeared once the consciousness drifted in.

It was as if the destiny propelled his legs that he once again encountered a weird coincidence when he’s awake in the middle of night from thirst. Their dorm in Japan was already dark, people had fallen asleep because they would have early morning schedule before another round of concert, but Sehun and Kai seemed to lose interest in sleep even though they went back really late after dropping Yura back to her home after their concert that night.

“What if Yura’s really pregnant?” Sehun’s voice was trembling–sure he’s frightening.

“Calm down first. There’s still a chance that it's not you. We don’t know if she’s talking the truth,” Kai sounded a little calmer but he seemed doubtful about his own words.

There was a loud sigh, low groan, and Kris had no idea whether to get out of the open space or to stay ears. “What did I ing do?! What if I harmed her?! Jongin, what if it’s me?”

“Relax! Okay? Jesus, you’re making me sick!” it’s so typical of Jongin to spat whenever he’s panic, and this time he’s panicking for his best friend. “You can still take the responsibility if she really is pregnant. Besides, we don’t know if it’s really symptoms or just her hormone that messed up.”

“I said what if it’s really me, Jongin?” Sehun threw another burdening question that even a wise Kai couldn’t answer.

“It’s your call. Do whatever you feel like doing, Sehun.”

So when he encountered Yura again, hearing her stories about the father that never showed up and left unidentified, Kris had never been so mad yet he knew he’d no place to interfere. He might’ve left the group, terminated his contract, betraying them as much satanic as it sounds, but he loves the members. He loves them and never once he’d ever intended to hurt any of them, also Sehun whom he’d considered as his own little brother. Kris decided to keep all the secrets behind his back, securing it like his last treasure, and let Sehun grow up by his mistakes.

His reverie was torn in pieces when a beautiful young woman appeared across him. She was tall for her age, had a great body shape even though she slightly looked boney and he hated it, long hair that fell like morning summer waves, and eyes that still shone as warm as he first saw it.

“Appa!” Sora left behind the guy that came with her and ran onto his chest. For a while, he felt like traveling in time and engulf the little innocent Sora on his arms.

“Oh my God, look at you,” he couldn’t believe how much grown she’d been over the past two years and he kept scanning her from head to toe. “What did your mother feed you? You look so pretty!”

Sora’s high pitch giggle still sounded the same, only that she’s no longer a little girl swimming in her fantasy but a grown up fine woman who’s holding onto her boyfriend’s hand dearly. “You’re exaggerating, Grandpa. Maybe you’re lacking of hot chic in Canada.”

“Holy crap, you talk exactly like your father now,” Kris jokingly massaged his temple in despair.

“Blame the sassy Mr. Oh Sehun for this,” she rolled her eyes and went back to grab a man standing behind them. “Don’t you want to say hello to my boyfriend?”

“Oh! Yes! Of course, how are you, Taehyung?” he stood up and welcomed the young boy on his arms, still the same warm and bright child he remembered from last time.

“Good as ever, Hyung,” Taehyung patted his back friendlily and how he wished he could do the same thing to Sehun who’s too busy cooking his on the pot. “You don’t look any older! Just wow,” he added, offering a thumb and playful wink at Kris.

“Found my way to the fountain of youth,” he chuckled bitterly. “Let’s order first.”

“So how’s Canada?” Sora asked before stuffing with the greasy chicken drumstick. She couldn’t help but chuckle to see Kris eating the chicken as if he wanted to marry it.

Kris shook his head as he gnawed the savory bone, “Nah. Silent downtown, overly cold weather, nothing cool.”

“Appa, I know what Canada looks like. I mean, how’s your love life in Canada?”

Choking on the bones, Kris coughed severely and Taehyung helped him with the water. Once the fire on his face lit down, he right away went to scold the giggling girl. “Yah! You almost get me killed!”

“Blah blah,” she mocked, “Your choke sounds more like ‘I still can’t forget your mother and decide not to find her replacer’ to me.”

The shock that Kris had was real, but lucky that he considered this girl as his own daughter already. So talking things that’s rather privacy in the joking manner is usual to both of them.

But she had her point.

As much sorrowful as it sounds, Kris had never fallen out of love with Yura. It’s always Yura and Yura on his mind. He didn’t know if it was the long time he’d spent with Yura and Sora or the moment he landed his eyes on her that night during their concert in Singapore, but he loves her. He loves her like a prince running through the wild forest only to save his princess. He loves her like the stars that needed the dark sky to let it shine. He loves her like a man wanting to spend his life watching over her sweet smile. He loves her and he couldn’t deny that. He loves her but he never wants her that way, because he realized that she loves Sehun as much as Sehun loves her. For him, that’s what matters.

“Do you want me to kill you?”

Sora pinched Kris’s nose with her oily fingers and grinned, “Over my father’s dead body first~ But I won’t let him die~ So there’s no way you could kill me~”

“Yah! My nose!” Kris shrieked and glared jokingly at Sora. “Would you please stop acting like your father? Because if you don’t, I really need to go to church now and beg for mercy from God.”

There was a long silence filled with laugh that sounded more and more forced and Sora finally spilled the water. “I’m engaged, Appa.”

Poor Kris, this time he choked soda instead of chicken meat. “You what?!”

It was clear that she’s stumbling her own words, but Taehyun came to reach for her hand, consoling her so easily and Sora earned back the sparks again. It’s the sparks that Sehun had whenever Kris saw him darting his eyes on Yura, and maybe that’s the sparks he also had whenever Yura’s near. Sora is in love and it’s more than just words.  

“I’m engaged, Appa. I know we’re too young for this. I’m still three years from graduating and hell, I still have a long journey and so does Taehyung. But we love each other,” her words sounded so deep and sincere–it took her no thinking because she just sounded out what her heart desired. “We’ve grown so close to each other so I’ll just bluntly spill it out to you. I… Okay, as much awkward as it sounds, we have a really hard time holding back our ual needs to safe each other’s . As much as I want to jump in and take the risk, I just can’t. I know that love is more than just and even though we’ve never done it, we’re still happy with each other. But the more we fall for each other, the more we want to just engulf each other and do it in the name of love. I don’t want that to happen. I love my parents, okay? I love both Mommy and Daddy so much. They had a rough past, I admire them for their bravery, but I don’t want to be like them.”

Kris sure was lost in this conversation because he himself was too much taken aback, but he’s the ear that she needed when her parents actually love her too much to actually understand her intention. “Okay kiddo. Go on.”

“Okay,” she heaved a really loud sigh, “I want to be loved sincerely like how Dad loves Mom. I want to be treated so nicely like how Dad treats Mom. Appa, they’re living their own fairy tale and you know that. But… But I don’t want to make such mistake like what they did before. My father knocked her out. No sarcasm intended but I was an unplanned child. I know they love me and they’ve never once thought of me as an accident, but let’s be clear her. I was an accident but they just happened to be wise enough to not think of me as one.”

“Sora…” Kris was in lost of words but at the same time, he just realized how much Sora had matured–not only her physical, but also her soul.

“I’m so wrong for saying this and I know that. I know what I’m saying, Appa. I… I don’t want to make the same mistake because honestly speaking, that accident could happen anytime anywhere. I’m just being realistic here. We had it really hard to hold back our lust but I’m so, so afraid we’d loose the screws one day and boom, worse things happen.”

“So marriage is your way of solving?” trying so hard to calm down and not exploding, Kris inhaled a really deep breath.

“Sort of,” this time, Taehyung stepped in because he just knew that Sora’d started to lose her arguments. “Even though it sounds more like a prevention, it’s because we actually love each other, Hyung. We might only 19 years old but we’ve been dating for five years.”

“Okay,” Kris started off smoothly, trying to find comfortable way to handle the situation because he clearly didn’t come to his favorite chicken shop to hear that Sora wanted to get married. “Tell me your thoughts. Anything. Reasons, arguments, anything. I will help from there. Try to cope with my face because if I lose my control now, I would’ve already called your parents Sora and tell them their first daughter wants to get married because of their past fault.”

“We love each other,” Taehyung said boldly. “And I want to be with her.”

“Is love enough?” he threw a judging look but tried not to look too intimidating because he wanted to hear for the truth. Who knows if they would confess in the end tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter