016.

Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

016.

 

 

Kris has already roamed around Yura’s apartment even before the sun rose up. The sky was still dark outside but he’s already in the kitchen cooking breakfast for those two who were still deep in their sleep.

He noticed Yura’s books and papers piled up on the living room’s table. He scrunched his face in confusion because he knew it well that everytime Yura studies over the night, she would fell asleep on spot or left it untidy to her room because she's just too tired and exhausted to tidy up. Never once she’s ever tidied up her books first and go to bed. Well, you know how hard the life of a medical student who's also a mother already.

The moment he saw sunlight coming from outside the window, he went to Sora’s room to wake her up. He opened the door carefully and found the little princess sleeping with her bolsters already on the floor, duvet uncovering her, pillow under her stomach, and she was sleeping on her chest. It was so typical of her–she moves a lot when she’s sleeping and would always wake up to odd positions. By looking from how quite and calm Yura is when she’s asleep, the culprit behind her sloppy sleeping habit could be guessed immediately.

He lifted Sora off the pillow first and put her back properly. He picked up the bolsters and aligned it along with the pillows beside her. He went toward her studying desk and packed her bag according to her schedule that day. He also prepared her swimming suit because she’d have swimming class that day which actually looks more like a playing-in-the-water class instead of swimming class.

After he packed her bag, he the lamp and the little girl immediately squinted her eyes from the dazzling light that came through her closed eyes. Kris giggled silently from seeing her cute respond. Waking Sora up in the morning is always his favorite thing to do.

“Wake up sleepy head~ It’s time for school~” he began waking her up by shoving her messy hair away from her face.

“Eunggg~~~,” the girl whined under her breath and started to move around. Her hand tried to reach for bolster or pillow to hug and attempted to go back to sleep.

“Hey. Wakey wakey, Candy~” Kris kept her hair to distract her from her sleep. He couldn’t stop giggling everytime he wakes her up because a sleepy Sora’s definitely the cutest thing on earth for him. Well, everything she does is always the cutest for him, actually.

“Appa…?” she opened her eyes for per seconds before she closed it back and snuffled in annoyance for having to wake up for school.

“Come on up up lazy worm!” Kris clapped his hands to bid her wake up.

“Sssh. Sora is sleeping, Appa. Don’t be noisy,” she hushed him with her eyes closed–pretending to sleep and continued to shove her legs and arms into the cold pillow piles.

“Well. I think you’ve forgotten that you’ll miss my kiss today if you skip school...”

“OKAY OKAY OKAY APPA! I’M TAKING SHOWER NOW!” she shot up immediately and her face was set in a total horror. Her eyes were swollen but she tried so hard to broaden her poor eyes. Her teeth were clenched from the nervousness for not being pampered by Kris and it just made her way cuter.

Kris giggled merrily as he pulled the little girl onto his lap and planted a kiss on her head. “Good morning little princess.”

Kris showered her briefly because she basically hates morning shower. Though she always uses warm water, she kept saying that it was cold and would always come up with so much excuse to avoid the morning water. She couldn’t stop blurting out her stories about the uncles she met last night at EXO’s place and also about the gigantic dollhouse Baekhyun bought her.

After he’s done with bathing her, he brushed her teeth, dried her hair, put on her uniform, tied her hair into ponytail, put lotion and sunblock on her face and body, and put her shoes on. Once she’s all set, he carried her to eat breakfast outside.

“Your omelet is the best Appa!” she raised her little thumb up to Kris whom was packing her lunch on the pantry.

“I know. I’m the best, right?” he jested as he grabbed her water bottle and filled it with mineral water.

“You’re jjang! But daddy is also jjang!”

Kris stopped her hands from doing anything and diverted his attention all to Sora who suddenly beamed up brighter after she mentioned the word daddy. “Daddy? Who’s your daddy, honey?”

Sora rolled her eyes like a meanie to mock him before she swallowed her omelet and talk. “Daddy Sehun, Appa! He’s my father!” she innocently exclaimed.

Kris was utterly shocked but his heart was pleased to her that. *So you’ve told them. Way to go, Sehunnie* he mentally praised Sehun and let out a sheer smile to the little kid.

He put the lunch box, the fruit cups, the milk, and the water bottle on her lunch bag and brought it over to Sora. He sat across her and watched her eating while she started to blabber about how she likes Sehun for being her daddy.

Kris had known everything but he just chose to be a splendid folded paper–tidy and sealed. It’s not that he wanted to take away Yura from Sehun. He wanted Sehun to realize what's the treasure he’s losing to his own fear and be responsible like a man he is.

“Let’s go to school without waking up mommy first, okay? Mommy didn’t sleep again last ni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter