Stay Over

Love Always There

Woohyun let out a whine of protest as he was greeted by the sight of his mother packing his clothes first thing when he entered his bedroom after a nice, warm bath. 

"Umma, I can take care of myself!" He whined, trying to remove the clothes his mum has put in the luggage. Mrs Nam seeing this, shook her head in disapproval as she put them back in the luggage. "Woohyun, we will be away for a week, not a day. We will be worried if you stay at home alone." 

"Don't worry, umma. I can take good care of myself." The man assured her, as he hugged her close to himself. "So let me stay at home, please?" 

Mrs Nam smiled at his son's words, ruffling his hair affectionately as she pulled away from the hug. "I know you're all grown up but what if something happened to you at home and nobody knows about it. We will be worried about you all the time while we are over at the other side of the world. So listen to us, and stay over at Sunggyu's family while we are away, hmm?". Woohyun's face fell as he listened to his mum and a pout unknowingly made it onto his face. He knew what his mum has said was all true but... Living with Sunggyu's family for a week made him feel nervous yet excited at the same time. After all, he hasn't stayed over at Sunggyu's house for almost three years already, and he felt the most comfortable around Dongwoo. Right then, Woohyun thought of a brilliant idea and his face immediately lighted up in joy. "Umma, can I stay over at Dongwoo's place instead ?" 

"Why don't you want to stay over at Sunggyu's place? Did you guys fight again?" Mrs Nam asked worriedly. Woohyun smiled at his mum, hoping to assure her as he said his next words. "No, that's not the case. It's just that..." He then lowered his head, before he continued speaking. "I'm scared that it will be awkward... After all, we got to meet each other again only recently." He let out a sigh before he looked up to lock eyes with his mum again. His mum smiled, "Silly. Didn't you go over for dinner once? It turned out well, didn't it?" Right, Woohyun went over to the Kim's household for a meal when Sunggyu invited him over, and it turned out well. He was welcomed warmly by everyone and they made him felt at home. How could he have thought that it will be awkward if he was to stay over at their house for a week? Woohyun gave his mum a smile in return before pulling her into a hug again. "You're right, umma. I will stay over at their house, but you have to promise me you and appa will take good care of yourselves too." 

"Of course we will."

--

"I'm home!" Myungsoo announced tiredly, throwing his bag onto the couch before he threw himself on the couch as well. 'Why are you home so late today?' He heard his mum asking from the kitchen and he groaned, pointing a finger at Sunggyu as he spoke, "It's all hyung's fault. He continued his practice for an extra thirty minutes and I had to wait for him!" 

"Yah, I'm going to perform next Wednesday. I need to practice more." Sunggyu said, as if stating a fact and Myungsoo threw him another annoyed glare. "I'm going home by myself from now on." Sunggyu who heard this, pulled his brother into an headlock and the younger man immediately groaned in pain. "I'm not going to allow that. You are going home with me." 

"Ah fine! Let me go now!" Myungsoo groaned, pulling Sunggyu's arm away from him and freed himself. As he did so, he noticed a luggage at a corner of the living room, not far from where they were sitting. "Whose luggage is that?" Sunggyu turned his head as well and a frown immediately made it on his face. He moved to where the luggage was, trying to find a luggage tag on it but found none. "Umma, is appa going on a business trip again?" 

As soon as he asked the questions, Mrs Kim walked out of the kitchen with a big smile. "Oh my, I totally forgot about it. That's actually-" and at that moment, the door to the bathroom opened and they were greeted by the sight of Woohyun drying his hair with a towel, and the man who noticed that all the attention was on him immediately felt embarrassed. 

"Woohyun? What are you doing here?" Sunggyu asked, confused by the fact that Woohyun was at their house and actually had a bath at their house too. 

"So as I was saying, this luggage is actually Woohyun's, and he's going to stay with us for a week. His parents are going to the United State to attend Boohyun's graduation ceremony." Mrs Kim explained, pulling Woohyun to her side while the man still had his head hung low in embarrassment. On the other hand, Myungsoo was grinning from ear to ear, nudging Sunggyu as if he was teasing him. 

"But where is he going to sleep? We don't have an extra room." Sunggyu asked. He was overjoyed to know that he would be able to spend more time with Woohyun during this one week, but they didn't have an extra room for Woohyun and he definitely would not allow the man to sleep on the couch. 

"Well, we will discuss that over dinner so go wash up and get ready for dinner." Mrs Kim said as she moved to the kitchen again, and the three were left alone and Woohyun wanted to run away but he had nowhere to run to. 

"Woohyun, do you want to share a room with me or hyung?" Myungsoo asked, and Woohyun looked up in shock. "What?" 

"Yah, he's not going to share a room with you." Sunggyu quickly dismissed the idea and Myungsoo had this cheeky grin that Sunggyu hated a lot, on his face again. "Oh come on, hyung. Let Woohyun decide on his own, will you? After all, you wouldn't want him to be uncomfortable for a week, right?" Sunggyu who heard this, thought that Myungsoo was right. No matter how much he disliked the idea of Woohyun sharing a room with Myungsoo, if Woohyun would rather share a room with Myungsoo then he would accept it. 

"I... I will take the couch." Woohyun quietly said. 

"No!" Sunggyu rejected the younger man's decision at once, and he realized just how uncomfortable the man felt at that moment so he quickly tried to think of a great idea and he did. "How about I share a room with Myungsoo and you can take my room?" 

"What? No! I'm not going-" Sunggyu quickly put a hand over Myungsoo's mouth to stop him from talking and smiled at Woohyun. "Do you think that will be better?" Woohyun saw Myungsoo shaking his head frantically and he let out a laugh. "Yea, but I don't think Myungsoo hyung like that though." 

"As long as you're fine with it, he will be fine with it as well, right, Myungsoo ah?" Sunggyu asked with a cheeky smile and put a hand on Myungsoo's head, forcing him to nod and Woohyun laughed again. 

--

Woohyun let out a sigh as he entered his room (or rather, Sunggyu's room) that has most of Sunggyu's stuffs moved out and over to Myungsoo's room. He looked at his luggage by his side, and the box of textbooks and notes he has packed, and let out another sigh. "This is going to take forever." He muttered, squatting down to open up the box and finally started unpacking his stuffs. 

Just when he finished unpacking his textbooks, all tired and ready to give up, a knock came on his door. "Woohyun, can I come in?" It was Sunggyu. Woohyun quickly sat up from the bed and moved quickly to the door, opening it with a smile. "Of course, you can. It's your room after all." Sunggyu chuckled, "It's your room now." Woohyun smiled at the man and the two remained in silence for a good ten seconds before Sunggyu started speaking again. "So, is there anything I can help you with?" He asked, eyeing the stacks of notes lying on the ground, as well as the opened up luggage. Woohyun quickly picked up the stack of notes, some falling off his arms in the process and he whined, and Sunggyu who was quietly watching all of this laughed at how cute Woohyun was. He bent over and picked up the notes that has previously fell from Woohyun's arms and spoke again, "Guess I will be of great help." 

"You don't have to." Woohyun said quietly, head hung low in embarrassment. "But I want to." Sunggyu replied, taking the rest of the notes from Woohyun. "I have an empty space on the shelf here, so maybe you can use it?" He suggested, stacking the notes neatly on top of each other before he turned to Woohyun who nodded his head with a shy smile. "Thank you, hyung." 

"Hyung, do you not like sweets anymore?" Woohyun asked, turning his attention to the jar of candies and chocolates he gave Sunggyu previously. He had noticed the jar of sweets on Sunggyu's table while he was unpacking his textbooks and he realized that the jar was still full of the chocolates and candies that Woohyun gave him. 

Sunggyu turned his attention to where Woohyun was looking and he smiled, "Of course I still like them." He answered as he walked to his study table and took the jar in his hand. "It's just that... I can't bear to eat them." Woohyun tilted his head in confusion, his brows knitted together to further show his confusion, and Sunggyu chuckled at the cute sight. "This is the first gift I'm receiving from you after three years, and I treasure it a lot." 

Woohyun's expression softened at Sunggyu's words and a smile broke out on his face. "But they will go bad if you don't eat them." Sunggyu then let out a laugh, "You're right. But... I really want to keep them." 

"Eat it. I will get you more when you have finished them." Woohyun smiled at Sunggyu. 

At that moment, Sunggyu felt like the happiest man on earth and he really wanted to... Just pull Woohyun into his arms for a tight hug. 

--

Woohyun groaned as his alarm clock started ringing. All the unpacking has lasted till midnight and he stayed up for another hour to chat with Sunggyu afterwards, leaving him with only six hours and thirty minutes of sleep which really wasn't enough for Woohyun. 

Instead of getting up from bed, Woohyun pulled the duvet over his head and went back to sleep. "Woohyun! Time to wake up!" He heard a voice calling for him but he refused to get up. He was really tired and all he wanted was to sleep for another few hours. 

"Woohyun, you're going to be late if you continue sleeping." Woohyun groaned when the duvet was pulled away from him and he was pulled up into a sitting position, "Another five minutes." He muttered, leaning his whole body onto whoever that was waking him up. His hands then moved to hug the body, pulling the person closer to himself, mumbling a 'so warm' as he did so. 

"Why do you have to be so cute the first thing in the morning." He heard, and a sleepy smile made it onto his face. However, he was pulled away from the warm body soon after and he immediately whined in protest. "As much as I would like to stay like this, you really need to wake up now. We are running late." 

We? Woohyun wondered. No one had school in their family except for him, if he was to exclude his older brother - Boohyun who was in the United State. Confused, he finally opened his eyes and was shocked when he saw the face of Sunggyu in front of him. He let out a scream when he realized that he was actually hugging the man and quickly pushed him away. Sunggyu, unfortunately fell off the bed with a loud thud and before he knew it, Woohyun has already ran out of the room. 

--

"Good morning, Woohyun. Come and have breakfast." Mrs Kim said cheerfully, with a welcoming smile on her face. 

"Good morning." Woohyun greeted with a small smile, face turning red when he caught Sunggyu staring at him. He was embarrassed from his earlier actions and he really wanted to avoid Sunggyu as much as possible. "I-I will go now. I'm running late. Bye umma!" He quickly said as he ran out the door with his shoes in hand before Mrs Kim could say anything else. 

"What happened just now, hyung?" Myungsoo asked, his mouth still stuffed with toast while Sunggyu just shrugged in reply. He had no idea what he did wrong as well, but he definitely knew that Woohyun was avoiding him. 

Is the week going to waste just like that, he wondered.  

--

"Good morning, Hyun!" Dongwoo greeted his best friend with a big smile as the the man slumped into his seat next to Dongwoo tiredly. "Morning, Woo. Morning, Hoya." Hoya is in the class next door but Woohyun has noticed that the man has been coming over to their classroom before their lesson actually started. 

"You look so tired. Did you not sleep well?" Dongwoo asked worryingly, a hand moving to his best friend's head. Woohyun nodded his head as he pulled Dongwoo's arm to his side and rested against it, like it was his pillow. "Are you that tired?" Hoya asked, eyeing Woohyun with a hint of jealousy in his eyes. 

"Do you really have to be jealous of Woohyun." Dongwoo laughed, and Woohyun laughed as well but he sat up in shock after a minute as he registered the words. "Wait! Jealous?! Why would he be jealous?"  

Dongwoo looked at Woohyun then at Hoya and then back at Woohyun, and he almost wanted to laugh because his best friend looked so shocked and confused at the same time. "That's because..." Woohyun groaned when Dongwoo stopped speaking, teasing him on purpose. "Dongwoo! Tell me!" 

"We are dating." Hoya simply said, and Woohyun turned to the man, now fully awake by the news. He then turned to his best friend, Dongwoo who was simply just laughing at his reaction. "You guys are kidding me, right?" 

"Why would we joke about something like that." Hoya said as if Woohyun has just said something stupid. And then, as if to prove to Woohyun that they were indeed dating, he intertwined Dongwoo's hand with his own. "Oh my god..." Woohyun said in disbelief. How could he have never noticed that something was going on between the two of them, especially Dongwoo. Now that he thought of it, Dongwoo definitely looked much brighter nowadays, as compared to before. 

"Woo, I'm so happy for you!" Woohyun said in happiness, pulling the man into his a tight hug. Dongwoo returned the hug with a big smile, "Thank you, Hyun." 

Woohyun pulled away from the hug soon after, anger obvious on his face and Dongwoo was confused by the change in expression. "When did you guys started dating? Why have you never told me anything about this?" 

Just as Dongwoo was going to answer his best friend's questions, a shout for Woohyun's name came, attracting everyone's attention. Most of the female students in the class got really excited and started whispering among themselves. All the commotion was understandable, after all, it's the popular Kim Sunggyu and Kim Myungsoo. 

While the rest of the class was excited to see the two popular brothers, Woohyun wasn't particularly excited about seeing Sunggyu after what happened in the morning. He turned away when he happened to make an eye contact with Sunggyu. 

"Why did you leave even before having breakfast? Umma was worried, so she packed some breakfast for you. Eat it, okay?" Myungsoo said as he stood in front of Woohyun's desk, patting his head as he finished his words. Woohyun nodded with a faint smile on his face, turning his attention to Sunggyu who was still standing outside of his classroom. Myungsoo who noticed this, smiled before leaning down to whisper in Woohyun's ear. "Don't avoid hyung like that, he will be upset." 

"I'm not!" Woohyun argued, pouting as he said so. "If you say so." Myungsoo laughed, giving him a pat on the shoulder. "See you later then." 

When Myungsoo has left the classroom, Dongwoo eyed Woohyun with a mischievous smile, and Woohyun frowned. "What's with that look." 

"What is all this about? Did you stay over at Sunggyu hyung's house?" 

Woohyun shook his head furiously, trying to look as nonchalant as possible but Dongwoo saw right through him. "You can't keep things from me, Woohyun." 

Woohyun whined, a pout making its way onto his way as he opened up the lunchbox. "Appa and umma are at the United State, and umma insisted that I stay over at their house so I had to." 

"And how long are you going to stay at their house for?" 

"A week." Woohyun groaned, taking a bite off the toast. He knew Dongwoo was going to get all excited and start talking about how it would be a great opportunity for him and Sunggyu to get together. 

"A week?! Oh my god, Hyun! This is the chance for you to become closer with Sunggyu hyung. Am I going to hear news of you guys dating by next week?" Dongwoo blabbered, nudging Woohyun's side with a cheeky grin. 

And Woohyun was right. Dongwoo talks too much. 

--

"I'm home." Sunggyu announced tiredly as he threw himself onto the couch, closing his eyes to rest them for a moment before he opened them again and noticed Woohyun staring at him but the said man quickly tried to escape from the living room when he was caught staring at Sunggyu. 

"Woohyun, wait!" Sunggyu said before the man could run into his room. "Did I do something wrong? Why are you avoiding me?" He asked, a hint of sadness in his voice. 

"You did nothing wrong. I'm just embarrassed." Woohyun said quietly with his head hung low in embarrassment as he remembered his actions from morning. 

"Why are you embarrassed?" 

"For hugging you in the morning... And then I pushed you off the bed... But I didn't mean it!" Woohyun tried to explain, hoping that the man would not be angry at him. He was surprised when he heard Sunggyu laughing, "So that was it? Why are you so cute, Woohyun ah." 

Woohyun's face turned red when Sunggyu said that he was cute and he quickly used his hands to hide his cheeks from the other man. "You don't have to be embarrassed." Sunggyu told Woohyun as he pulled him into his arms, surprising the younger man with his action. "I like hugging you." Sunggyu confessed. 

I like everything that got to do with you, Nam Woohyun. 

 

 

 


Helloooooo there everyone! It's a new chapter YAY! I hope you guys still read 'Love Always There' >< Is the chapter alright? I hope it is... Though I think my writing is kinda just yucks! But I will improve on it. Please leave me lots of comments, comments are what makes me happy and motivated hehehe . 

And thank you to everyone who has cheered me on when I wanted to give up on writing, I will make sure to finish this story by myself so please read till the end (^ν^)

(Hopefully this update was worth seven months of waiting hahaha)

I don't know when will the next update be but I will try to update as soon as I can. Have a good day ^^