Making Up

Love Always There

 

It was the same white ceiling that he saw everyday. He was in bed. Myungsoo must have brought him back home again, he thought. Sunggyu sat up while groaning, his head hurt from all that alcohol last night. 

"Myungsoo." He groaned, making his way to the couch where his brother was, and laid his head on his younger brother's shoulder. "Did you bring me home again?" 

Myungsoo simply shook his head with a smile on his face, taking a sip of his coffee and grimaced at the bitter taste. Sunggyu seeing this, laughed. "Yah since when do you drink coffee?" 

"Since the day I found out that Sungyeol likes coffee. Urgh why does he like this bitter drink?" Myungsoo complained as he gave the bitter drink in front of him a look of dislike. 

"So how did I come home? Did I come home by myself?" 

"No way. You can't even walk by yourself." Myungsoo rolled his eyes, and Sunggyu frowned. "Yah I'm not that weak." 

"I would like to say so but you are that weak." Myungsoo laughed when he saw his brother giving him a deadly glare. "So who brought me home?" Sunggyu asked again, he was really getting curious by now and he really wanted to know who else but his brother would bring him home. "Well, the person is just in the kitchen, why don't you go and see for yourself." Myungsoo smiled at the mention of the unknown third person.

"Umma?" He asked.

A shook as a reply. Giving up, Sunggyu got up and made his way to the kitchen only to find Woohyun cooking something in there. He quickly took a step back, unable to believe what he was seeing but he got the attention of Woohyun with his loud footstep. 

"Oh hyung, you're up! I made you some hangover soup." Woohyun smiled, turning back to stir the content in the pot. 

Whereas, Sunggyu quickly ran out of the kitchen and back by Myungsoo's side. "Why is Woohyun here?" He questioned frantically. "Did you tell him something?" 

"I cleared things up with him." Myungsoo simply said, taking another sip of his coffee. "What?" Sunggyu let out in surprise. "So he knows I like him now?"

"No, he don't." Myungsoo chuckled. "I just said you have a crush on this someone." 

"Myungsoo!" Sunggyu groaned, his headache seem to have got worse now thanks to his troublemaker brother who decided to take things in his own hands yet again. 

"Hyung, that's better than him misunderstanding you, isn't it?" Myungsoo sighed, pulling Sunggyu into his arms. "Don't worry, everything will be fine. Don't be scared and go make up with Woohyun." He comforted his brother, his back in hopes of calming him down. He didn't want his brother to continue avoiding Woohyun and drowning in his pool of sadness anymore. He wanted the old Sunggyu back. The one that liked to annoy him just as much as he loved to annoy Sunggyu. 

Sunggyu returned the hug, clinging onto his brother. For once, he didn't want to be away from his brother alone. For once, he didn't want to face Woohyun. He wanted to be in Myungsoo's hold for as long as he could. The day he had told Woohyun the truth, he wasn't expecting such a harsh reaction from the younger and it pained him to see Woohyun in tears because of his own selfishness. He was ashamed to face Woohyun again after everything that has happened. 

"Myungsoo, I'm scared." He mumbled, the tears in his eyes again just like last night. "I really can't face Woohyun." Hearing Sunggyu's words, Myungsoo pulled his brother away from him to look at him. "You can, hyung. You are brave, and you always taught me to face everything in life bravely, didn't you? You can face this bravely too." 

"It's different... I..." The words were stuck in his throat and tears began to stain his cheeks, and he quickly hid his face in Myungsoo's shoulder. "Hyung, I will be here. You don't have to be afraid. If you need me, you can just call for me." 

Woohyun who had been watching the scene quietly all along, was feeling guiltier for his harsh words. He had never seen Sunggyu this broken and fearful before and it only made him more regretful for his words. "Hyung..." He quietly said and the brothers immediately broke the hug. Myungsoo came over to Woohyun's side and gave him a pat on the shoulder. "Give him some time." He said and returned to his room to give the two some private space to talk. 

Once Myungsoo was out of the living room, Woohyun made his way to Sunggyu who was still in tears and held onto his hand. "Come on hyung, I made you some hangover soup." And pulled the man alongside him to the dining table. 

Woohyun watched quietly as Sunggyu took the first spoon of the hangover soup. "Is it okay? It's my first time making it, I hope it's fine." Sunggyu nodded his head, muttering a 'thank you' before he had another spoon of the soup. 

Throughout breakfast, neither of them said anything else and it was pretty awkward for Sunggyu since Woohyun was watching him all the time and he didn't want to be alone with Woohyun. 

"Hyung, let's talk." Woohyun said after Sunggyu had the last spoon of the soup and Sunggyu immediately choked on his soup and Woohyun quickly passed him some water while patting his back.

"Hyung." Woohyun said, wanting to get Sunggyu to look at him but the man kept his head down. "Look at me." But he refused. 

"Hyung, look at me!" Woohyun said again, while his hands moved to grab Sunggyu's cheeks, and when he did, Woohyun could see fear and remorse in the other's eyes. 

"I don't hate you, hyung." He said it loud and clear just like last night, and his eyes never left those of Sunggyu's. But Sunggyu looked away right after his confession, "You're lying." He mumbled.

"I'm not lying. I don't hate you, hyung. Those were just words said in a moment of anger." 

"Did Myungsoo ask you to do this? You don't have to. You have every right to be angry with me and to hate me." 

"Hyung." Woohyun frowned. Why was it so hard to get the message across to Sunggyu? Why wouldn't he believe him? "Myungsoo hyung didn't force me to do this. I wanted to do this. I really don't hate you." 

"You're so bad at lying, Woohyun." Sunggyu cried. "You do hate me." More tears dropped and Sunggyu quickly wiped them away, he didn't want Woohyun to see him like this. 

"You can be extremely stubborn at times and I wish this isn't one of those time when you're stubborn. What do I have to do for you to believe that I'm no longer mad at you and that I don't hate you." Woohyun sighed as he watched Sunggyu quietly wiping his tears away. Sunggyu remained in silence and all that could be hear was Sunggyu's silent sniffling. 

Woohyun watched quietly as Sunggyu continued to cry. He had no idea what to do for the man to stop crying, and to believe his words. Sunggyu was crying so much, even last night and it was starting to worry Woohyun a lot. Woohyun then remembered Myungsoo hugging Sunggyu previously when the man started to cry, and he thought that it would actually help to stop the crying. So, without thinking twice, Woohyun pulled Sunggyu into his arms, and it seemed to work like magic because as soon as Sunggyu was in his arms, the crying stopped. 

"Hyung, I'm not lying to you. Every word that I'm saying right now is from my heart. I know it's not your fault and I'm actually glad that you came clear with me instead of continuing to lie to me." Woohyun said, the man's back in hope to soothe him. "I don't hate you." 

Sunggyu on the other hand, was still pretty much in a shock that Woohyun was hugging him and he actually liked it a lot. It had a soothing effect on him and his hug was a hundred time better than Myungsoo's. Sunggyu slowly returned the hug, not believing that this was all happening but it really was happening. He laid his head on Woohyun's shoulder while he listened to what the man had to say. Maybe... A hug from Woohyun was all he needed all this while. 

"I don't hate you." Maybe this was what he needed as well. 

"Do you really not hate me?" 

Woohyun smiled, it was finally getting into that thick skull of Sunggyu's, and he couldn't be happier. "I don't hate you. Not at all." 

"I'm so glad." Sunggyu muttered, pulling Woohyun closer to himself. Everything had been tiring him out and he just wanted a good sleep right now. In Woohyun's arms. 

"Stay with me, Woohyun." Sunggyu mumbled as he drifted off to dreamland. 

Woohyun though, got a shock when Sunggyu started to fall to the ground but thankfully, he was quick to hold onto Sunggyu. He smiled at the sleeping figure in his arms, wiping his tears away before carrying him back to bed. 

--

When Sunggyu woke up the next time, Woohyun was no longer around and Myungsoo was once again at the couch in the living room. 

"Where's Woohyun?" He asked, taking a seat beside his brother who was currently stuffing his mouth with onigiris. "He went back home already. His mum was worried since he didn't go home last night." 

Sunggyu laughed when he saw Myungsoo's mouth stuffed with onigiris, his cheeks protruding out so much and he looked so adorable. There were times when Sunggyu felt that Myungsoo was really adorable and this was one of those time. 

As he looked at his younger brother, he thought back on how he had been towards Myungsoo for the past week and he realized that he shouldn't have treated Myungsoo the way he did. After all, everything Myungsoo did was with the thoughts of helping Sunggyu, and he really could not blame everything on Myungsoo since he was partly at fault too for not stopping his brother. 

"Myungsoo, I'm sorry." 

Myungsoo turned to him with confused eyes while his mouth was still stuffed with onigiris. "Why are you apologizing?" He asked, the onigiris still in his mouth. 

"I shouldn't have treated you so harshly. Everything you did was for me yet I ..." 

Myungsoo smiled when he heard Sunggyu's words. He pulled Sunggyu into a hug, swallowing his food before he spoke again. "Hyung, I should be the one that's apologizing. I'm sorry for all the things I have done, I should have known better than to lie." 

Sunggyu returned the hug with a content smile. He might have preferred Woohyun's hug over Myungsoo's but nevertheless, he liked hugging his younger brother. He felt comforted when he's in the arms of Myungsoo and he liked it a lot. "Silly, you don't have to apologize." 

"You are not mad at me anymore, right, hyung?" 

Sunggyu replied with a shook of his head as he pulled his brother closer to himself. "I like you a lot, you brat."

"I like you too, hyung." Myungsoo smiled at his brother's little confession. Everything was good now. No more misunderstanding, no more tears, no more hard feelings between them. And lastly, no more alcohol. 

--

"Morning!" Sunggyu greeted cheerfully to everyone he saw in the hallway and got many of the girls who happened to be a fan of his, really happy and he probably made their day with a simple 'morning'. 

Myungsoo who was walking beside Sunggyu shook his head at his brother's behavior. "Hyung, you really have to stop doing that. You're giving them false hope." 

"What? I'm just greeting them." Sunggyu rolled his eyes before he smiled at a passing student again. 

"Uh-huh, and then if they happen to have a crush on you and they happen to find out that you have a crush on Woohyun, your Woohyun is gonna have a hard time in school." Myungsoo said as if it was a matter of fact. Sunggyu stared at his brother in disbelief, as if what his brother had just said sounded extremely ridiculous. "You're kidding me, right?" 

"Not really, hyung. I mean, people are unpredictable." Myungsoo shrugged, and Sunggyu thought that maybe Myungsoo was right and he immediately stopped greeting the students and instead, focused on finding Woohyun but he was disappointed as Woohyun was nowhere to be found and Sunggyu had a class to rush to.  

When he reached his classroom, he found a paper bag on his table with a note on it. Curious, Sunggyu looked inside the paper bag and found sandwiches and a carton of strawberry milk in it. He then read the note and a wide smile immediately made it on his face. It's from Woohyun!

Good morning~ you're not drinking alcohol anymore, are you? 
Drink strawberry milk instead =____= 

--

When it was finally lunchtime, Sunggyu excitedly made his way to the canteen without waiting for his brother. He needed to find Woohyun, it had only been a day since he last saw Woohyun but he really wanted to see the man again, especially when the man had presented him with breakfast that morning. And he couldn't be happier when he saw Woohyun and Dongwoo at a table not far away from him and sped up his pace. 

"Hello!" He greeted happily. 

"Hi Sunggyu hyung!" Dongwoo greeted back, a smile on his face. Whereas, Woohyun could only wave his hand with a smile since he had stuffed his mouth with dumplings. 

"Do you guys mind if I join your table?" 

Dongwoo had an even bigger smile on his face, this was the perfect opportunity to let Sunggyu and Woohyun get closer with each other, he thought. "Not at all!" 
 
Happily, Sunggyu took a seat beside Woohyun and whispered in his ear. "Thank you for the breakfast." Woohyun though, was taken aback by how close they were and a faint pink painted his cheeks soon after. 

"It isn't much. You don't have to thank me." Woohyun spoke softly, smiling shyly at Sunggyu.

"Let me buy you a drink in return." Sunggyu suggested, but Woohyun was already shaking his head frantically. "You don't have to." 

"But I insist on it. Dongwoo, would you like a drink?" 

"Can I have some lemon tea, please?" 

"Oh you guys are getting drinks?" A new voice interrupted them and the three turned their heads only to be met with Sungyeol and Hoya behind the man.

"Yea! Sunggyu hyung is treating us!" Dongwoo said excitedly.

"Really? Will you treat me as well, hyung?" Sungyeol asked in anticipation, a wide smile on his face. 

"Sure, Hoya as well." Sunggyu chuckled. It was suppose to be a treat for Woohyun only but now, he was treating all of Woohyun's friends and it did not make it special anymore. Maybe next time, Sunggyu sighed. 

However, Woohyun was not really happy with the fact that Sungyeol was so excited to see Sunggyu and that he was getting a treat from Sunggyu as well. Grumpy, Woohyun stuffed his mouth with another few more dumplings, trying to ignore the two men's conversation, and possibly Sungyeol flirting with Sunggyu. 

"Oh you want a treat, Lee Sungyeol? I will treat you then." Woohyun turned and a smile immediately made it onto his face when he saw who it was. It's Myungsoo. 

Myungsoo held up a cup in his hand and smiled that charming smile of his. "Iced mocha just for you." 

Sungyeol's smiled faded when Myungsoo came into sight, and his face fell even more when Myungsoo offered him a cup of iced mocha. He wanted to curse so badly at Kim Myungsoo for appearing when he could actually spend some more time with Sunggyu.

"You can have it by yourself. Sunggyu hyung is treating me." 

"Oh no. You're not going to get a treat from hyung because I'm not going to allow that. You better take your seat before I personally pull you over." Myungsoo said with a smile on his face, and Sungyeol groaned immediately. Damn it, he really hated Myungsoo a lot, but he did not want the man to touch him so he took his seat reluctantly. 

Sunggyu laughed silently at his brother's tactic while shaking his head. He then turned to take a look at Woohyun and found the man's mouth still stuffed with dumplings. Cute, he smiled. 

"Woohyun, do you mind helping me with the drinks?" Well, he's not going to let the day pass without any lone time with Woohyun and this was the perfect opportunity to spend some time alone with Woohyun. 

Woohyun nodded his head, grabbing the last few dumplings on his plate before he followed after Sunggyu. "Do you want some dumplings?" He asked as he walked beside Sunggyu. 

"You really like dumplings, don't you?" Sunggyu laughed, Woohyun was so adorable with his protruded cheeks and all Sunggyu wanted to do was to pinch those squishy cheeks and kiss them all day. 

"Yea, they are really delicious." Woohyun said, as he rubbed the back of his neck embarrassedly. 

"Gotta agree with that." Sunggyu turned to smile at Woohyun and oh god, Woohyun was so adorable, looking all embarrassed. "Ah right, umma makes really delicious dumplings. Do you... Want to come over for dinner some day?" Sunggyu asked nervously, as he eyed Woohyun intensively, waiting for his answer. 

Woohyun hung his head low with a smile on his face as he heard Sunggyu's question. "I would like that."

"Really?!" Sunggyu grinned, and his smile widened when Woohyun nodded his head. "How about this Wednesday? Do you have any soccer practice on that day?" He asked, even though he knew the other man did not have any practice on that day. 
 
"I'm free on Wednesday." Woohyun smiled, grabbing a carton of strawberry milk before passing it to Sunggyu. "And this, you're treating me." 

--

"Don't sit beside me, I'm warning you first!" Sungyeol said in a stern voice, with hopes of scaring Myungsoo but the man took his seat beside Sungyeol and gave him an innocent smile. "Go away! I don't want to see your face." Sungyeol grumbled, shoving a spoon of kimchi fried rice into his mouth angrily. 

"Oh my dear boy, why are you so angry. It would affect your appetite." Myungsoo cooed, his hand moving to caress Sungyeol's cheek but the man moved away from his touch immediately. 

"Don't touch me, Kim Myungsoo!" Sungyeol shouted, some of the rice spilled and landed on Myungsoo's face and Sungyeol immediately laughed. "That's what you get for touching me!" 

"Oh is that so? I don't mind it at all, love." Myungsoo said with a smile and Sungyeol was truly annoyed by what he just heard. "You're crazy!" 

"Crazy for you, that's right." And he choked on his rice. His hand immediately went to the cup of iced mocha, downing the content in one shot before letting out a sigh of relief. 

"I see you have accepted my treat, that's great." Myungsoo grinned, holding the empty cup in his hand and Sungyeol rolled his eyes. "I was choking for goodness sake." 

"Still, you drank it. So, does it taste good?" Myungsoo asked, suddenly inching so close to Sungyeol's face that a shade of pink painted the younger man's face as he tried to look away from those piercing gaze. 

"Of course it tasted good. Coffee tastes good no matter what type of coffee it is." Sungyeol muttered, still not looking at Myungsoo but Myungsoo was pretty satisfied with the effect he had on the other man. "I can't agree with that though, Americano isn't nice." 

"You're an idiot who doesn't know how to appreciate Americano." 

"How about you teach me how to appreciate it then?" Myungsoo suggested, turning Sungyeol to look at him and his face turned into a darker shade of pink in mere seconds. 

"Th-that..." 

"I'm taking that as a yes." Myungsoo gave him a sweet smile before he leaned in, giving the man a peck and left. Leaving Sungyeol all shocked in his seat and a just as shocked Dongwoo and Hoya who had been watching the scene quietly. 

"What did he just do..." Sungyeol quietly let out after a minute as he turned to the two friends with wide eyes. "Did he just kissed me?!" 

"I think he did." Dongwoo said in disbelief, still surprised by what he had just witnessed. 

"He definitely did." Hoya said right after Dongwoo. 

"That crazy bastard! I'm going to kill him!" Sungyeol shouted as he ran out of his seat, in search of Kim Myungsoo. 

--

"You're finally here, hyung has been waiting for you." Myungsoo said as soon as he opened the door for Woohyun, a big smile on his face. Woohyun hearing that gave the man in front of him a slightly awkward smile. "I'm not late, right?" 

"Definitely not. All I can say is that hyung just wanted to see you. Real badly." Myungsoo whispered into the younger's ear before pushing him gently into the living room of the Kim's household. 

"Hyung, Woohyun is here!" Myungsoo shouted in the direction of Sunggyu's room and in less than three seconds, the door to Sunggyu's room flew opened, and out came a very excited Sunggyu. "See, I told you." Myungsoo whispered in Woohyun's ear again, before making his way out of the living room for the two to have some lone time. 

"Hi." Sunggyu started off, waving his hand with a smile, and Woohyun waved back with a shy smile. Hearing Myungsoo's words had made him felt very embarrassed, and he was pretty sure that his cheeks were burning by now. 

"I'm glad you came." Sunggyu said as he took a seat beside Woohyun on the couch. "Oh right, what would you like to drink?" 

Woohyun pondered about the question for a moment before shrugging his shoulders. "I'm fine with anything." 

"Strawberry milk then. Hyung bought it just for you." Said Myungsoo who appeared out of nowhere and Sunggyu would have strangled his brother right there and then if it weren't for the fact that Woohyun was around. The fact that he bought strawberry milk just for Woohyun who was coming over, was supposed to be a secret but Myungsoo, that brat just had to tell it to the very person who was not supposed to know about it. 

"Give me a moment." Sunggyu said to Woohyun before he ran over to Myungsoo's side, pulling him into a headlock. "Brat, that was supposed to be a secret!" Sunggyu groaned, trying to be as soft as he could, so that Woohyun would not hear them. "Ah, hyung! I'm trying to help you here." 

"I did not ask you to!" Sunggyu argued, tightening his hold on Myungsoo as he ruffled the man's hair up. "Don't say anything else that's supposed to be kept as a secret." Sunggyu whispered in his brother's ear before letting him go.

Woohyun though, had heard everything, and a small smile of happiness made it onto his face as he eyed the carton of strawberry milk in his hand. He really hated himself for liking Sunggyu but he could not deny the fact that he still had feelings for the other man even after all the years they had not met and talked at all. And even despite what he had heard about himself from Sunggyu years ago. Those words that hurt him more than anything else. With those memories coming back, his smile slowly turned into a sad one. Woohyun quickly shook his head, as if trying to chase those sad memories away, and to enjoy today. 

"Sorry about that. Please just don't listen to Myungsoo, he's not in the right mind." 

Woohyun laughed at Sunggyu's words. "He didn't tell me much though, really." 

"Wait, did he tell you something else?" Sunggyu quickly panicked, eyes widening and Woohyun laughed yet again. Sunggyu was so cute and Woohyun was not going to stop messing with him anytime soon. 

"Just how badly you wanted to see me." Woohyun shrugged, a playful smile on his face. 

"Oh my god, what is wrong with him. I'm going to kill him later." Sunggyu groaned, using his forearm to cover his face from embarrassment. 

"Did you really wanted to see me that badly?" Woohyun chuckled as he heard the man groaning again. 

"Yea. I mean, after all it's been a long time since you came over." 

And that reminded him of something - Myungsoo. Woohyun used to come over to the Kim's household when he was in the first year of middle school but he had never seen Myungsoo around and Sunggyu had never mentioned about having a younger brother as well. "You have never told me that you have a brother when I used to come over." 

"Ah that. It's because he was staying at our grandparents' house since his school was nearer to them."

"And he probably never talked about me because I was a threat to him." Myungsoo added, appearing out of nowhere between the two men again. 

"Stop cutting our conversation, you brat!" Sunggyu scolded, raising his hand in the air as if he was going to hit Myungsoo if he cut into their conversation again. But really, Sunggyu has never hit Myungsoo before and he can't really bear to hit his dear brother. 

Myungsoo stuck his tongue out in a childish manner. "Umma said dinner is ready." 

"Oh right. I have yet to greet umma." Woohyun said and quickly ran to the kitchen where Mrs Kim was. 

"Umma!" Woohyun called out like a kid, as he lunged himself onto Mrs Kim with a huge smile on his face. He missed the lady a lot. He had never actually seen the lady after he stopped any communication with Sunggyu so it had been years since they last met each other.

"Aigoo, Woohyun. You finally came. Umma missed you a lot." Mrs Kim cooed, returning the hug with just as huge a smile. 

"I'm sorry. I should have visited you more often." Woohyun apologized.

"Make sure to visit more often from now on." 

"I will." 

"Come on, let's eat already. I'm hungry!" Myungsoo whined, cutting off the two's reunion. 

-- 

"Thank you for inviting me over for dinner tonight." Woohyun smiled, turning to Sunggyu as they had reached Woohyun's doorstep. 

Sunggyu had insisted that he would walk Woohyun home when the man rejected him countless of times, saying that he could just go home by himself. The truth was, Sunggyu wanted to have some lone time with Woohyun without his annoying brother popping out of nowhere to interrupt them, and he just wanted to be with Woohyun longer. 

"I hope you enjoyed tonight, though Myungsoo was pretty annoying." Sunggyu smiled when he heard Woohyun laughing. God, that laughter was something he wished he could hear everyday and he wished he could be the one to make him laugh just like right now. 

"It was nice, but I wouldn't say Myungsoo hyung was annoying." 

"He is. Oh my god, I'm going to kill him when I reach home later." And Woohyun laughed again. 

"It's late, you should probably head home now. Thank you. For everything tonight." Woohyun smiled, and Sunggyu's heart started to beat even more crazier than just now. This felt like those days. When they were still back in middle school. When he realized just how much he loved Woohyun. How he loved everything about Woohyun. 

"See you tomorrow then, I guess. Goodnight." Sunggyu said his goodbye though he did not really wanted to bid the man goodbye yet. 

"Goodnight." Woohyun smiled, waving his hand at Sunggyu before he finally closed the door. 

 


/throws confetti/ I updated again hehehe. I hope you guys like it! I was actually stuck between just ending it off after Sungyeol ran off to chase Myungsoo but I decided to just include woogyu going over to Sunggyu's house for dinner (though that part was pretty short) but nevertheless I hope it was alright.

i will try to update again very soon :) please leave me some comments to motivate me (^ν^)

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAREST HOYA HOWON ❤️