He's confused

The Boss' Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 8

He's confused

 

7:10AM, Gangnam, Thursday

 

Minho has not slept a good hour that night when he told Sulli to stay out of his life as if she’s his girlfriend. After he said those things to Sulli to clarify their situation, that weird feeling in his chest kept nagging at him. It was so powerful compared to his normal conscience attacks that it kept him awake at night.

The thing is… it had been days since and the nagging feeling doesn’t go away. Whenever he’s at home and Sulli is around, the atmosphere is so silent and awkward and it’s starting to get into Minho’s nerves.

“I’ve put the clean clothes by the door of your room.” Said Sulli. “If you have any dirty clothes for laundry, just put it on the sofa.”

She spoke everyday only about laundry and cleaning. She doesn’t talk and has that blank expression on her face all throughout.

That is just so…infuriating!

Even in the office, people are starting to see Minho’s mood change.

Minho’s phone rang. He answered it.

“Boss, I’m sorry I know it’s still early but…. we have a problem.” Said Ms. Lin.

“What is it?” asked Minho.

“A level 8 Director sent an email to the top management. He wants our project to be stopped immediately.” Said Ms. Lin.

What?!

“I’ll be there.” Said Minho.

Minho arrived in the office and most of his team were already there discussing the Level 8 email.

“Tell me the status.” Said Minho.

“The level 8 has contacted the Treasurer of the company. He wants funding for the project stopped. He’s saying that with the limited budget this year, the budget should go to a more important project compared to ours.” Said Ms. Lin.

“What is that ‘More important project’?” asked Minho.

“A plan to create a new plant in Thailand.” Said Ms. Lin “ And shutdown a plant in Japan. It will decrease cost by millions according to the level 8.”

“Collect all the financial estimates and computations. I want everything.  Make sure you don’t miss anything. I am confident with the value of our project. I want to make them see how big the benefit of this project really is.” Said Minho. “We’re on code red today everybody. We are going to kick some level 8 .”

Minho said the statement so passionately that everyone’s eyes widened.

“Wow…he’s really angered by this” said one.

“This is the first time I’m seeing him angry.” Said another.

“What are we waiting for? Time is ticking and we can’t lose this.” Said Minho. “Let’s move everyone!”

“What time do you need the reports, Boss?” asked Ms. Lin.

“In 15 minutes.” Said Minho.

“15?” Everyone was shocked.

“I am not asking you to do the computation all over again. I’m only asking you all to bring them out. 15 minutes is enough. Now move, every one.” Said Minho.

Everyone started to move like they need to get out of Minho’s way.

What has gotten into the Boss?

--------------------

Thursday Night, 10:23PM. Gangnam.

Minho entered his house. He’s tired. That level 8 Director is getting on his nerves. If that man is only provoking him to get enraged, he’s slowly succeeding. Minho is not the type to easily get impatient. But these days, he finds himself almost always agitated by the smallest things. He went to the sofa and sat down only to feel something hard and uneven on the seat. He immediately stood up and opened his phone to see what was it. His eyes widened. The woman is sleeping soundly as if she did not feel his weight earlier.

Oh right. Minho scratched his brow as he sat on a nearby chair.

He allowed this woman to stay in his house and now she’s bringing him headache.

The woman spoke in her sleep.

“Please…”

He’s crazy to have allowed her to stay in his house. And even crazier to help her with her loan. He needs to find a way to get rid of her. She can pay him later. He can even ask her to pay him only after she gets promoted. She said she has nowhere to go to. Then he has to find her a place.

Wait a minute. Why is he going to bother himself to find a place for her? She’s almost a stranger. She’s nobody right? The only thing that connects them is the company.

“Let me stay.” The woman murmured as a drop of tear fell from her eye.

Those tears are vile. It can trap someone into doing things they are not supposed to do. It surely trapped him.

Tomorrow, surely tomorrow, he will already kick her out of his house. It doesn’t matter if she continues to threaten him about the video. It doesn’t matter if he needs to wait for a year for her to pay him.

The blanket covering Sulli fell on the floor. She’s wearing a lose shirt and a pajama.

“She looks like a kid.” Said Minho.

Sulli snuggled into a fetus position. She’s cold.

Minho took the blanket and covered her.

And then a soft moan escaped her lips.

Minho sighed.

From the day this woman has entered his house, a lot of things had been happening in his life that is not supposed to happen. All the proper order of things are destroyed. Things started to become chaotic. It’s not only that his house is becoming messier by the day, but it’s more than just the house.

“She’s definitely the reason why I’m impatient lately.” Said Minho. And the impatience even shows in the office.

“Tomorrow, I’ll definitely kick her out tomorrow.” Said Minho.

Minho entered his room frustrated.

“Actually…maybe it was my fault in the first place.”

Minho lay on his bed.

“She’s just doing what I asked her to do. I asked her to stay away from me. And that’s what she’s doing.” Said Minho.

But it irritates him, especially when she would not even look at him when she talks.

Minho sighed.

She has to leave soon.

---------------------

6:32AM, Gangnam

 

Minho took a bath. He no longer sees Sulli’s things in the bathroom. Where did she hide them? Lately, she’s starting to be a cleaner person.

And then he went to the kitchen. He saw brewed coffee prepared. Sulli went to the bathroom.

Minho wanted to ignore the coffee but…it smelt really good. He took a cup of the brewed coffee.

“Mmmm…”

It’s actually…really good.

Sulli went out of the bathroom. Minho couldn’t hide the cup of coffee. Sulli saw it.

Sulli looked at Minho.

“My contact from Costa Rica sent it.” Said Sulli.

It was the first time Sulli looked at him after avoiding looking at him for days.

“It’s…good.” Said Minho.

Sulli nodded. “Yeah, it’s Costa Rica’s specialty.”

Minho nodded and took another sip.

“The pay check already came in. I will replenish your ramyuns this week.” Said Sulli.

Minho wanted to say Sulli doesn’t have to. He isn’t a frequent ramyun eater anyway.

“Umm, All right.” Said Minho.

Sulli nodded and then took something from her bag and returned to the bathroom.

Why does it suddenly felt like it was hard to breathe whenever Sulli’s eyes meet his?

Minho placed the cup of coffee on the table.

This awkward atmosphere is irritating!

 

----------------------

 

10:05AM, Gangnam

 

“What are you doing, Sulli?” asked Sunny.

“I’m sorry.” Said Sulli

“You always lack focus.” said Sunny.

“I’m sorry.”

Recently, this has been Sulli’s problem. She’s been so bothered with Minho’s words the other night that it affects her even during work hours.

“Hey, Every one, there’s a company event this afternoon, make sure you’d go.” Said Mr. Park.

Every one nodded.

“We have to finish this before the event, Sulli. The project will start tomorrow. You need to get this before you start the project.”

Sulli nodded.

 

------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter