Edward's Move

The Boss' Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 17

Edward's Move

 

7:20AM, Gangnam

 

Edward hissed in anger.

“Sir, Sulli and her Mom did not go home last night. There was no sign of them. We went inside the house to check their things. They took their things with them. It seems they knew this would happen.”

It is not them who thought this could happen. It was Minho. He is trying to hide them.

Siwon burst the door open.

“Dad…how could you hide this from me?” asked Siwon, his face full of anger.

“Is this about yesterday?” asked Edward.

“Minho Choi did not have any background obtainable inside our company. But my men found his birth records.” said Siwon. “Is it true? He is your son from another woman?”

Edward sighed.

“Is that why Mom divorced you?” asked Siwon.

“She learned it a few years ago.” said Edward.

“But Dad…how could you!” shouted Siwon. “You… had a mistress while married to my mom?”

“Your mom and I only married for mutual benefit. I needed a trophy wife, your mom was a beauty queen. And she needed to get out of a scandal she had during that time.” Said Edward.

“What?” Siwon gripped the chair. “Are you saying that justifies why you had a mistress?”

“No, I’m saying that you should not judge so quickly.” Said Edward. “Do you know why I allowed the divorce with your mother? It’s because she wanted it so badly. Her lover was already asking her to come with him in Spain.”

Siwon threw the chair to the wall.

“Don’t speak like that about my Mother.” Said Siwon.

“My drawer is full of their photos. You can check if you want. But… don’t wallow on it too much. We have work to do.” Said Edward. “Minho has Sulli. We need to get her. The marriage has to happen soonest.”

Siwon closed his eyes. His Father is cold blooded.

------------------

11:03AM, Gangnam

 

Yuri entered a room inside a restaurant and sat across her host, Siwon Choi.

“You came.” Said Siwon.

Yuri nodded.

“I don’t know you personally Yuri-ssi but some of my investigators found out you were pretty close with Minho Choi back in college.” Said Siwon.

“I was his girlfriend.” Said Yuri.

Siwon nodded, he was expecting this. The woman is cooperating with him.

“Minho Choi currently has something that is mine. I need to get it back.” Said Siwon. “And I need your help to get it.”

“What is it?” asked Yuri.

“My Fiancee, Sulli Choi.” Said Siwon.

Yuri took a deep breath.

“He mentioned he wants to marry my Fiancee, but I don’t think that’s a good idea. What do you think about it, Yuri-ssi?” asked Siwon.

Yuri clasped her hands together.

“I think that’s stupid.” Said Yuri. “I think Minho and Sulli are just not good for each other.”

“Oh… we share the same thoughts. That is why, I need your help.” Said Siwon. “ I need Sulli to marry me soonest before that Minho starts doing something stupid. Can you help me?”

--------------------

11:42AM, Gangnam

 

Sulli was cooking while her mother was sewing something.

“I felt bad for Minho.” Said Wendy. “He slept on the sofa while the two of us slept together in the room. You two are husband and wife now. You should sleep together.”

Sulli dropped the spoon she was holding.

“Mom…” Sulli washed the spoon. “Please don’t say things that makes me…nervous.”

Wendy giggled.

“It will come, Sulli. Your first night with your husband will soon come.” Said Wendy.

Sulli closed her eyes. Her Mom is teasing her.

“Please stop it Mom. There are still a lot of problems… we should all focus on resolving them first.” Said Sulli.

“Men… can do it even with high fever. So don’t think he is not thinking about it while the problems still exist. So prepare yourself.” Said Wendy.

“Mom!” Sulli almost shouted. Her Mom is too vulgar! “I have never imagined you to be the kind who talks about…these kinds of stuff.”

Wendy bit her lip as she struggled to keep herself from laughing.

“I am an old lady. I am allowed to talk about these stuff.” Said Wendy.

 Sulli saw her phone ringing. She answered it. Anything to stop this with her Mom.

“Hello?”

“Hi.” Said the other line. “Is this Sulli?”

“Who is this?” asked Sulli.

“It’s Yuri.”

Yuri? Kwon? Why is she calling her?

“Oh…hi.” Said Sulli.

“I need to talk to you about Minho. I know the last time we talked, it wasn’t a nice conversation. I want to finally close this chapter of my life.” Said Yuri. “Can we meet today?”

Sulli took a deep breath. Yuri said she wanted to have a closure…

“All right.” Said Sulli.

Sulli ended the call.

“Who is it?” asked Sulli’s Mom.

“Oh…just a friend.” Said Sulli.

 

-----------------------

2:01PM, Gangnam

 

Sulli entered the café Yuri told her to go to. She sat on a chair while waiting. It seems Yuri is running late. The truth is, Sulli dragged herself to come to the café. She doesn’t want to talk to Yuri especially now that she’s already married to Yuri’s ex-boyfriend. But a closure is needed, that is why she agreed to meet her.

“Are you Sulli Choi?” asked a man.

“Ummm… who are you?” asked Sulli.

Sulli’s instinct tells her this man is bad. Sulli stood up to leave but the man caught her arm, and then two other men came and dragged her out of the café to the car. Sulli shouted but one of the men covered with a handkerchief and then she felt everything turning black.

Yuri saw everything that happened from outside the café. Siwon had acted fast and swiftly. Very good. Now Sulli will marry Siwon and after that, Minho would have no choice but to come back to her.

Yuri saw her phone ringing.

“Hello, Changmin.” said Yuri.

“Where are you Yuri?” asked Changmin. “There is something important I need to tell you. We had a long night yesterday. I just woke up. Are you free to meet?”

“I’m busy today.” Said Yuri.

“Oh…well then…can I just tell you why we had a long night yesterday?” asked Changmin.

“Not interested.” Said Yuri.

“Minho was the reason.” Said Changmin

Yuri’s eyes widened.

“You got my attention.” Said Yuri. “Spill it.”

“Well last night, Minho and Sulli… got married. Kyuhyun and I went out to drink after.” Said Changmin.

“Wh…what did you just say?” asked Yuri.

“Minho married Sulli last night, Yuri. It was a very short and quiet wedding. Minho is now Sulli’s husband.” Said Changmin.

Yuri’s phone fell to the ground.

No… she was too late.

-----------------------

03:23PM, Gangnam

 

Sulli opened her eyes. Everything was blurry. She seems to be inside an elegant room.

“You’re awake.” Said a familiar man’s voice.

Slowly, Sulli’s sight became clear. In front of her is Siwon and by the window is Edward Choi. Sulli’s heart beat fast. Oh no… what just happened?

“Where am I?” asked Sulli.

“You’re here in a hotel Sulli.” Said Siwon.

“Why am I here? I… was supposed to meet Yuri.” Said Sulli.

“You did not go home to the house I gave you last night. We were worried.” Said Siwon.

“You… had us watched?” asked Sulli.

“Yes.” Said Edward. “For your security, I asked my men to watch over your house. But you and your mother did not go home.”

“My mom and I were safe.” Said Sulli.

“Where are you staying now?” asked Siwon.

“A safe place.” Said Sulli.

“You should have told us you’re moving, Sulli.” Said Siwon. “We were worried. Where are you now staying? Tell me which place is that.”

“I can’t.” said Sulli.

“You don’t trust me?” asked Siwon. Siwon touched Sulli’s hand. “I am going to protect you Sulli.”

“I have already accepted someone else’ protection, Siwon.” Said Sulli.

Siwon’s eyes thinned.

“Who is it?” asked Siwon.

“Minho.” Said Sulli. “Minho Choi.”

“That’s stupidity, Girl!” said Edward. “You should not trust that man.”

“Why not?” asked Sulli. “He’s your son, Sir.”

Siwon sighed.

“When did you learn?” asked Siwon.

“Minho told me about it.” Said Sulli.

“It seems there’s no point in being nice right now, Sulli. Your mind has now been contaminated by that son of mine.” Said Edward. “That son who has been planning his father’s demise. How can you trust that kind of man who seeks to put his father down?”

Sulli clenched her hands.

“His father did no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter