Blackmail

The Boss' Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 2

Blackmail

 

10:PM, Gangnam:

 

Sulli dragged herself towards the door of the office. Where is she going now? Where will she stay the night when she is only left enough to buy a bread for dinner? Her paycheck is not due until the end of the week. How will she survive when she had given her Uncle everything her bank account and wallet have!

“This is such a er world.” Said Sulli. “I only hope the creditors won’t bug me tonight.”

 

-------------------

10:11 PM, Gangnam

 

Minho entered the café and found Kyuhyun.

“Sorry, I had to attend to an issue at work earlier.” Said Minho.

“It’s ok. I was reading through the news anyway, I was not bored waiting.” Said Kyuhyun.

“Anything interesting?” asked Minho.

“Hmmm some political issues here and there. Nothing out of the ordinary.” Said Kyuhyun. “Oh, Coach sent me an email earlier.”

“Regarding what?” asked Minho.

“He wanted you to join the exhibition game of the University a month from now.” Said Kyuhyun. “It’s for a good cause. They will give the proceeds of the game to some cancer patients. Also, he wants to energize his team that’s why he wants to invite popular celebrity athletes who graduated from the University.”

“Hmm…a month from now?” asked Minho. “So far, I have no business trip scheduled for the next 3 months. I guess playing would be a good way to enjoy a weekend.”

“I’m sure your fans would be happy.” Said Kyuhyun. “I wonder what they see in you. Even after almost ten years out of the University, they still think you’re the University’s top player!”

“I have no idea why.” Said Minho.

“It doesn’t help that you’re a top executive at such a young age. People are starting to compare us.” Said Kyuhyun.

 “Does it bother you?” asked Minho.

“Not really, I’m a film director. I hate the corporate world and you hate arts. So we’re actually even.” Said Kyuhyun.

Minho smirked.

“That’s why I like meeting up with you, I need an escape from the office sometime.” Said Minho. “I need to talk with somebody who doesn’t have anything to do with the world I move around.”

“That’s because you’re a workaholic.” Said Kyuhyun.

Minho leaned back and crossed his arms over his chest.

“When I still have members of my team in the office trying to firefight an issue, I can’t just go home and tell them, fix that yourself.” Said Minho. “I need to be there to show them that if they need escalations, I can help them.”

“You’re being too nice to your direct reports. Other bosses will leave the office and let his subordinates do the all-nighters.” Said Kyuhyun. “I don’t understand how you can stand the pressure.”

Minho smiled.

“I’m a very patient person.” Said Minho. “You should know that better than anyone.”

“Right.” Said Kyuhyun. “Captain.”

------------------

 

11:30PM, Gangnam

Sulli ran as fast as she could. How can this happen tonight? She had only been walking around Gangnam when one of the creditor goons found her. In less than ten minutes, the goons multiplied. And now, it’s like an action film. She’s carrying her large bag behind her as she ran with her life! Where is she going to hide? How can she hide?

Wait…where have she been hiding in the past? How have she survived the past months?

Right! She needs to enter a highly secured place…where to go?

Sulli saw a large luxury residence building. Right, it’s a highly expensive place where only rich people can buy units! It will surely be secured.

Sulli entered the place not looking at anyone. The guards were checking someone else’ bag and she was able to find the elevator. She hit the highest floor button and immediately closed the door. But before it could fully close, a hand stopped the door from closing.

Oh No! Did they follow her up to here? Oh no! This is the death of her!

Sulli closed her eyes tight and held her hands together.

The door opened. And when she did not feel someone grabbing her, she slowly opened her eyes and saw a man. One of his eye brows is up while his arm is holding the door open.

“Did you just see a ghost?” asked the man.

Sulli gulped as relief washed over her. It’s not the goons. But it’s actually Mr. Choi?

“No.” whispered Sulli.

Her legs are weak. She’s so tired from running.

Mr. Choi smiled.

“You looked like you just saw one.” Said Mr. Choi.

Mr. Choi entered the elevator. The door closed behind him.

Sulli dropped her hands. Finally….a few seconds of safety!

Mr. Choi pressed the 12th floor.

Sulli looked at Mr. Choi through the mirror in the wall. He looks fine. Did he not break up with Ms. Kwon despite the issue about the corporate spying?

Should she try to talk to him? Introduce herself as somebody working for the same company? Will it help her get a promotion?

No, she’s not good at talking with people. She ends up offending them in the end.

Tsk! She can’t offend a level 7. It might end her career right here in this elevator.

“You’re going to the top floor?” Said Mr. Choi.

Does he talk to everyone he meets in an elevator? Now she’s going to be obliged to talk to him. She needs to be careful of her words.

“Yeah.” Said Sulli.

“Are you sure?” asked Mr. Choi.

“Yeah.” Said Sulli.

“Hmm…” Mr. Choi bit his lip.

What’s the matter? What’s on the top floor?

“You don’t live here, huh?” asked Mr. Choi

Oh no! She’s caught!

“I…am only visiting a friend. She told me to meet her on the top floor.” Said Sulli.

Mr. Choi’s brows closed in.

“Are you sure she’s your friend?” asked Mr. Choi.

“Yeah.” Said Sulli.

The door of the elevator opened.

“Well then, don’t wait there too long.” Said Mr. Choi.

He then left the elevator.

What does he mean?

Sulli arrived at the top floor. And when she made her exit, she realized what Mr. Choi meant. The floor is full of construction materials. It was very dark. The only light is from the moon.  It was a very scary place. A place that makes your spine go straight.

Sulli sighed. Isn’t this the best place to stay? Mr. Choi said nobody goes up here.  Sulli felt cold wind.

No. Even if she’s this desperate, there is a limitation to what she can tolerate.

She turned back and hit the button for the elevator. She will just stay at the fire exit. Not here. Not in this creepy place. Something about this place doesn’t feel right. The elevator took a while. Right, they said nobody goes up here.

And then the elevator door opened. Her eyes widened when she saw someone inside. She almost screamed. Her hands went to , covering it.

It was Mr. Choi, standing at the middle of the elevator, his arms over his chest. He has than smirk o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter