The New Shareholder

The Boss' Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*** Hi Everyone, Sorry I couldn't update this any sooner. I am busy lately and I couldn't find the time to write. This situation will continue until I don't know when though. So please be patient with me. thank you! :D

 

Chapter 16

The New Shareholder

 

9:03AM, Gangnam

Sulli sat beside Siwon in the meeting. Uncle Edward was seated beside Siwon.

“There is indeed a spy.” Said Siwon “Right now, we have shortlisted the people that can be the culprit. Only a level 7 and up can have access to that kind of information. But since the competitor got the complete details, we are only left with a few suspects, we have 10 on the list.”

“10 people? That is still too many, are you planning to fire all ten?” asked Edward.

Oh no… Sulli closed her eyes to compose herself.

“No Dad. Of course not… The company would suffer if we fire all of them. These are already high ranking executives.” Said Siwon.

Whew…

“Sir, are we going to start?” asked an executive.

“Yes.” answered Edward.

The MC went to the stand.

“Good morning everyone, we’ll start the stockholders meeting. This is regarding the issue that erupted yesterday regarding Myrr Corporation. Most of the stockholders expressed their apprehension regarding the matter. We have called this meeting to give everyone peace of mind that everything is still under control.” Said the MC.

Edward nodded.

Siwon stood up and went to the stand.

“Today we will discuss the next steps on the investigation as to who might be behind what happened. And then we will discuss what are the business strategies that we will do to make sure our stock prices goes up in a few months.” Said Siwon

“Do we now know who is the spy?” asked one of the stockholders.

“We have shortlisted the suspects. We are very close to knowing who is the culprit.” Said Siwon.             

“Close? That’s not acceptable!” said a stockholder. “We need a name now.”

Edward stood up from his seat.

“We are not a magic show here.” Said Edward. “We can’t just point any person when we do not have solid evidence against the person. If we don’t get rid of the right person, the attack will recur. All of us would agree that THAT is what’s not acceptable.”

The stockholder shut his mouth.

“Now, I think we are on the same page everyone. We are targeting to find the culprit this week. Action steps will be shared with you.” Said Edward.

“Once we find the culprit, are we going to find out why he did it?” asked a stockholder at the back seat.

“Whatever his reason for doing that, it’s a crime.” Said Siwon. “We will punish him to set an example.”

The stock holder from the back stood up. Sulli held her breath.

Minho?

Siwon’s eyes widened.

“I think the culprit should be investigated why he had done it? We must know the motive. Or else, we are not really solving the problem from the root.” Said Minho.

“What are you doing here? This is a stockholder’s meeting.” Said Siwon. “We don’t need a level 7 manager to be here.”

The other stockholders are starting to talk among themselves.

Minho smirked.

“Am I not welcome here?” asked Minho. “I am under the impression that if you have shares of Empire, you are invited here. I even got an email inviting me.” Said Minho opening his phone.

Siwon’s eyes narrowed as he gripped the podium.

“That is why I came here.” Said Minho

“You own shares?” asked Siwon.

Minho nodded.

“Yeah. I do.” Said Minho. “I feel very insulted. It seems the Board is about to kick a stockholder out of the meeting just because of ignorance.”

Sulli bit her lip. The atmosphere is intense.

“Who are you?” asked Edward.

“I’m a level 7 Director of Empire. And I also hold several shares of the company. By now, the shares I actually hold were already transferred to my real name.” said Minho

“What are you talking about?” asked Siwon.

“Get me the updated list of stockholders.” Said Edward.

The MC took his laptop and showed it to Edward. Edward started to look from the bottom.

“Sir, you might want to start from the top.” Said Minho. “I do have a lot of shares on my belt.”

Now he made the entire room silent.

Edward browsed from the top. He saw his name followed by David Choi and then Siwon and then…

MINHO CHOI.

Minho…Choi?

Edward looked at Minho. He stared at him for a while before he spoke.

“It seems we got too careless. He had gathered shares behind us.” Said Edward.

Siwon went to look at the list.

“No…how can this happen?” Siwon clenched his hands.

Sulli looked at Minho. He looked so composed, he just stood there watching the commotion on stage.

Siwon looked at Sulli. He saw her staring at Minho.

“Did you know this?” asked Siwon. “Did you know he was crawling his way up?”

Sulli looked at Siwon.

“When I worked for Empire as a Cost accountant, I have never thought Minho Choi is a stockholder.” Said Sulli.

Edward sighed.

“You said he was working in Empire as a level 7?” asked Edward

“Yes.” Said Siwon.

“How can this happen without me knowing?” whispered Edward.

Sulli clasped her hands together. Minho’s plan is now in full throttle.

“Why is it taking a long time just to verify if I really have shares?” asked Minho. “Mr. CEO, I don’t think you know my name. Let me introduce myself.”

“No need.” Said Edward. “I know who you are.”

Minho smiled widely.

“That’s great. This is the first time I met you yet you already know my name. That flatters me a lot.” Said Minho.

Siwon faced his Dad. Indeed that was weird. How did his Dad know who Minho is?

“I will be in all stockholders meeting starting today. I will be holding on to this shares for a very long time.” Said Minho. “And I will seek a possible representation in the Board.”

That made everyone start talking again. Who is this arrogant man?

“It doesn’t matter, Dad. We still have the largest shares. And with Sulli, nothing is ever going to change.” Said Siwon. “The control will still be with us.”

Sulli sighed. Siwon seems to not know who Minho really is.

“Also…” said Minho.

Edward’s eyes thinned into slits.

“I am here to propose marriage to Ms. Sulli Choi.” Said Minho.

That made everyone gasp.

“What… did you say?” asked Siwon.

“I want to marry Miss Sulli Choi.” Said Minho.

“That’s absurd!” said Siwon. “Sulli and I are arranged to get married. In fact, because it’s her 25th birthday today, we are going to announce the date of the engagement party today.”

Sulli gulped to moisten her dry throat.

“Hmm… Mr. Siwon Choi, as you may already know. I am fond of Miss Sulli. I was only holding my feelings back since she worked for my project. But now with the change in her position, admitting my heart’s intention towards her is now acceptable.” Said Minho.

“That’s like saying you would like to pursue her for her money.” Said Siwon. “That’s not going to happen.”

Minho wet his lips as he chuckled.

“I don’t think I was clear enough.” Said Minho.  “I am now the fourth biggest stockholder of this company. I did not take a single loan to get those shares. And this company is not the only company I have shares. Therefore, I hate to disappoint you Mr. Siwon Choi, but I might be richer than you think.”

“Then are you after the control of Empire? You want to get her shares so that you gain the control of this company.” Said Siwon.

“A fisherman knows this very well. A fish is caught with its own mouth.” Said Minho. “Are you… marrying Ms. Sull

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter