Superman

The Boss' Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 7

Superman

 

01:30AM, Gangnam

 

Minho and Sulli entered the house. Sulli sank on the sofa. She’s so dead tired. She took the high heeled shoe off and took her pillow and blanket from behind the sofa. She lay on the sofa covering herself with the blanket.

Minho went to his room and changed into his sleeping clothes. He went out to get some water when he noticed Sulli’s sleeping form. Is she…sleeping already?

Minho went towards Sulli and noticed that she’s already deep in her sleep.

“Caused by exhaustion.” Said Minho.

Minho sat in front of Sulli and noticed her face still have all the make up on.

“As a woman, she’s really so careless. How can I leave the housekeeping to her?” said Minho.

Minho sighed. He stood up and took a basin of water from the bathroom. And then he took a small amount of facial wash. He started touching Sulli’s face gently to remove the make-up, Sulli’s face moved a bit but she did not wake up. Minho continued until he was able to clean her entire face.

Minho sighed.

Now that Sulli is make up free, why does it seem like she has become prettier? What is the matter with him? Wasn’t he already surprised how beautiful she became with the make up on?

Minho felt the acceleration of his heart beat as he reached for Sulli’s face again. This time, he held Sulli’s cheek and felt the smoothness of her skin.

Minho shook his head as he withdrew his hand.

“I’m becoming crazy because of all the action tonight. Tomorrow, once I had a good rest, once she’s back to her normal style, I would for sure laugh at myself now.” Said Minho.

Minho stood up and cleaned the basin. He then went to his room. But it was not easy getting sleep. 

“I just need to count sheep in my head.”

---------------------

10:04AM, Gangnam

 

“You got it Sulli.” Said Luna.

Thank goodness. Sulli sighed in relief. She’s been trying to understand the computation and after several attempts, she finally got it.

“Luna, I need you to attend this meeting with me.” Said Mr. Park. “Let Sulli handle the queries.”

“Oh, ok.” Luna stood up.

Sulli looked at the queries and started answering one after another.

And then she stopped. There was a critical question form a level 6 in Singapore. Sunny is not around, Luna and the Boss are not around too.

“Yoona, are you familiar with this question?” asked Sulli.

Yoona stood up and checked the question.

“Oh no…I’m not familiar with it. But it sounds critical and the people involved are high ranking people.” said Yoona. “The meeting Boss attended will take hours to finish. And Sunny was sent offsite so she’ll not be here in another hour.”

Sulli re-read the mail. Why is it familiar? Luna has discussed a similar issue in the past.

“I think one of Luna’s old mail might help.” Said Sulli.

Sulli started searching the materials that Luna gave her. It took her a few minutes to finally find it. And when she found it, she read it thoroughly.

“It is indeed a similar issue.” Said Sulli.

“Are you sure you’re going to reply without Boss’ permission?” asked Yoona.

“We are losing dollars while we are not answering them.” Said Sulli. “I trust Boss that he can clean up my mess if I’m wrong with this one. But I also trust Luna. She has resolved a similar issue like this in the past. I trust that she did it flawlessly.”

Sulli answered the query.

Yoona took a deep breath.

-----------------------

06:30PM, Gangnam

 

Minho entered the café and saw Changmin and Kyuhyun waiting for him.

“Why is the busiest Lawyer in town here?” asked Minho.

“The busiest lawyer made sure he had time to come here today because of too much curiosity.” Said Changmin.

Minho sighed as he sat down.

“There is nothing to be curious about.” Said Minho.

“Nothing?” Changmin leaned forward. “What I saw last night was pretty interesting. It doesn’t look like nothing.”

Kyuhyun smirked. “True.”

“Hmmm…”

Minho’s coffee was delivered to his seat. He took a sip.

“She’s my … umm…housemate.”

The two men were both shocked. Their eyes widened in disbelief.

“Housemate…Do you mean she lives in your house? Or were you kicked out?” asked Kyuhyun.

“Why would I be kicked out of my own house?” asked Minho.

“So she stays with you? Wow…I didn’t know you’d ‘live in’ with someone.” Said Changmin.

“What? ‘Live in’?” asked Minho. “Wait, I think there’s a misunderstanding here. Sulli and I are not in that kind of relationship. Sulli and I are mere housemates.”

“But…you live in one house.” Said Changmin. “You’re a man and she’s a woman. And she’s not an ordinary woman. How can you keep yourself from… you know what I mean.”

“Don’t emphasize it. You’re not helping.” Said Minho.

“How did you two meet? And why would you allow a housemate? I thought you hate people’s invasion.” Said Kyuhyun. “You’ve refrained from inviting women to your house. I think even Yuri didn’t go there often.”

“So…what is with Sulli that you allowed her into your house?” asked Changmin.

“She currently knows one of my secrets.” Said Minho. “She works for the same company I work for.”

“Hmm…really?” asked Changmin.

“I know you’re a very caring Boss inside the company, but last night, you looked like you’re a boyfriend.” Said Kyuhyun. “Rescuing the damsel in distress.”

“Being a housemate only? That’s a ridiculous excuse for what I saw last night.” Said Changmin.

Minho narrowed his eyes.

“Sulli… needs help as you saw last night. She might be pretty but…No, She’s not my girlfriend and she’s not going to be my girlfriend now or even later.” Said Minho. “Just like the other women I helped in the past.”

Kyuhyun leaned back.

“Just like the other women, huh?” said Kyuhyun.

“Then straighten your act man.” Said Changmin. “I heard women tend to have feelings towards men who’re being nice to them. They fall for affection too easily. You should know this by now, right? Be careful, you’ll never know if she’s already looking at you differently.”

--------------------

8:40AM, Gangnam, Saturday.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter