Savior

The Boss' Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 4

Savior

 

4:50PM, Gangnam

 

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer. That is one of the battle strategies Minho has learned to live in life.

“Hmm…Boss what made you choose her?” asked Ms. Lin. “Sulli Choi might be under qualified for the project. We do not have much time allowance to change the resource if she’s not fit to do the tasks.”

“I did not choose her just to test her.” Said Minho. “I chose her to be a serious cost expert for the project. That is why if she’s still underqualified at the moment, she has to quickly equip herself to be fully qualified.”

“She’s going to have to undergo rigorous trainings the next days. Mr. Park needs to make sure she’s ready for the project once we start.” Said Ms. Lin.

“That means she would have to stay in the office longer, isn’t it?” asked Minho.

“There’s a really big possibility.” Said Ms. Lin. “She may need to go home late at night even before we formally start the project.”

Minho nodded outside. But inside, he’s smiling.

Everything is as he wanted it to be.

 

-------------------

4:53PM, Gangnam

 

Sulli is massaging her head.

“This is a challenge that was given to our team during the meeting earlier.” Announced Mr. Park. “We were left with no choice but to accept the challenge. We will all work together to succeed the challenge.”

“What…do you mean?” asked Sunny

“This is making me nervous.” Said Luna.

“Was that the about the new project with Mr. Choi’s team?” asked Yoona.

Mr. Park nodded.

“You need to train Sulli. She has to learn how to handle a project very soon.” Said Mr. Park.

“Why…why her?” asked Yoona. “I have never handled a project before. But we all know I am more ready than Sulli.”

“As I said this was a challenge that was given to our team. It seems Mr. Choi is challenging us to put our newest member into that project to prove our team’s expertise.” Said Mr. Park

Yoona bit her lip as her eyes narrowed.

“I have been dreaming of working with Mr. Choi!” she said.

If Yoona only knew, Sulli would be willing to hand the project over to Yoona. She would do anything to not have anything to do with Mr. Choi inside the company. If only she can just pass the project on to her.

“I… will only work with their group. I promise that I do not have any intention to flirt with him while I’m on the project.” Said Sulli.

“Are you saying that’s what I’ll do if I got the project?” asked Yoona.

“Sulli, you only talk a little, but every time you do, it’s always full of…. Things that provoke people.” said Luna.

“I…did not mean it…I…”

Why does she have to always say these offensive words?

 “Sulli has a disorder.” Said Mr. Park.

What is Mr. Park saying?

Mr. Park drew his brows together to silence Sulli.

“She often says things that are the opposite of what she is thinking. It’s a mental disorder.”

Is he saying she’s mentally…disabled?!

“How can you put her in that project if she has this disorder, Boss?” asked Sunny.

“Because she will overcome this disorder.” Said Mr. Park.

“We are not psychiatrists.” Said Luna.

Sulli wanted to answer back. She isn’t insane or anything. She might be offensive but she’s mentally stable.

“Is there no other way to change the person assigned on the project?” asked Yoona.

“It seems Mr. Choi was pretty determined that it should be Sulli.” Said Mr. Park.

“I don’t get him.” Said Sunny.

“Me neither. But he’s a level 7. We need to trust his instincts. Now, we will plan the trainings that you three will provide Sulli. Sulli, the training is rigorous. You have to learn what they teach you fast.” Said Mr. Park.  “Make sure you get the treatment for your insomnia. You can’t be underproductive in the future.”

“She has insomnia too? What kind of illness does she still have?” asked Luna.

Sulli sighed.

“Yes, Boss. I will take care of it.” Said Sulli.

-----------------------

10:02PM, Gangnam

 

Sulli sighed as she walked her way back to Minho’s house. She thought she’ll be able to go home early today. But she still needed to stay late at the office because of the trainings.

What is Minho Choi planning? Why did he want her to be assigned in the project? Does he want to monitor her? Is he going to find a way to get the video from her? No… That can’t be it. He’s a super achiever in the office, he wouldn’t let his project suffer. He would surely want his project to succeed.

So why? Why her?

Sulli stopped walking. A few steps from her is the familiar gangster that is always after her, one of the  creditor goons.

Oh no.

Sulli walked back until she could stand behind a tree. She looked around. It seems there is no goons behind her.

Great. Maybe she’ll stay behind the tree for now.

Minho was driving his car when he saw the familiar woman standing behind the tree. His brows drew close. What is that crazy woman doing this time?

The traffic light stopped Minho. He could still see Sulli through his side mirror. She keeps on taking a peek towards the bus stop. Minho looked at the bus stop. There is only a man and a woman there. The woman left the bus stop but Sulli still kept peeking. So it’s the man. Sulli had that worried expression on her face. What’s the matter with her? Who is that man?

“Well that’s none of my business, isn’t it?” said Minho.

Sulli started biting her nails.

Tsk!

That’s one of the habits he doesn’t like seeing. It bothers him a lot.

Minho heard some cars horning behind him. He looked ahead and saw the green light.

“It’s none of my business.” Said Minho. And then he drove on.

Sulli sighed. This man is so persistent. Until when will this man keep standing there?

“I need to get some sleep. I need to be productive tomorrow.” Said Sulli.

Sulli looked at her watch. It’s now 11PM. She needs to take a risk.

Sulli took a deep breath. She will walk as fast as she could with her head bent low. She will tilt her head to the right while passing by the bus stop. She will be very fast.

Sulli walked on doing her plan. But because her attention was on not being caught, she was not careful with her steps, her foot hit a rock and she stumbled to the ground.

“Ouch…”

Sulli tried to stand up as quickly as she could but she was too late, someone grabbed her arm.

“Well what do we have here?” asked the man Sulli was avoiding.

“Oh…hi.” Said Sulli.

“You weren’t trying to avoid me were you?” asked the man.

“Oh, of course not Ahjussi. If I saw you, I wouldn’t avoid you of course.” Said Sulli.

“Now are you ready to pay your debt?” asked the man.

“Oh…regarding that.” Sulli struggled for words. Sulli started pulling herself free. “Ahjussi you’re hurting me, can you let go of my arm please?”

“Experience tells me I should not even loosen my hold on you.” Said the man.

Sulli tried to struggle free. The man took his phone.

“Come here. I caught a fish.” Said the man.

Sulli closed her eyes.

No…

“Sulli?”

Sulli opened her eyes and saw Minho. What…is he doing here?

“Ahjussi. What are you doing holding this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter