Sulli's Scars

The Boss' Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19

 

08:24AM, Gangnam

“Make sure I won’t be imprisoned here for much longer.” Said Edward. “Make sure my son and I gets free.”

“The evidence against you is rather clear. You were caught in the act. You kidnapped Sulli and the police officers and prosecutors saw that. There was also a tracking of the car that was used to do the kidnapping. The men who were caught in the CCTV that kidnaped Sulli Choi were the same men in the room that was caught with you. Even your son was caught in the act. It would be hard to get away with the kidnapping.” Said the female lawyer.

“How about the murder charge?” asked Edward.

“I have to be totally honest with you, there are two witnesses against you. Your man who killed the woman and the woman’s child. It is still possible to find holes in the murder charge, but it would be hard. The prosecution has a very strong case against you. I will look for a way. But I can’t guarantee anything.” Said the lawyer. “ Sir, Please prepared yourself. The kidnapping charge is a sure guilty decision because the authorities caught you in the act, also with the grave coercion and frustrated homicide cases that was filed by Sulli Choi. Those cases will imprison you for years.”

Edward closed his eyes. Even his lawyer who had not lost a case was saying that he’d be imprisoned!

“That bastard of mine has no gratitude for receiving my name in his birth certificate.” Said Edward. “I shouldn’t have allowed my name to be used. Do everything to make sure we don’t get imprisoned. I will pay you double or even triple.”

“Sir, I am a lawyer. I am no magician.” Said the lawyer. “When the evidence is as clear as this, I know when to fight and I know when to raise the white flag. That is why I never lost a case.”

Edward Choi clenched his hands.

“Sir, I recommend you to make a guilty plea for all the cases. I will represent you and make sure they don’t give you the harshest punishment. But if you insist on the not guilty plea, I would request you to find another lawyer.” Said the lawyer.

-------------------------

10:30AM, Gangnam.

Edward Choi’s lawyer entered a restaurant.  She found the men he was looking for and sat with them on the table.

“This is Ji Hyo, she is a very close friend.” Said Gary.

Minho shook hands with Ji Hyo.

“I heard you’re Edward Choi’s lawyer.” Said Minho.

Ji Hyo nodded.

“I heard what you did for Gary in the past.” Said Ji Hyo.

“It’s nothing compared to what Gary did for me.” Said Minho.

“I asked her help regarding your case against Edward Choi.” Said Gary.

 “I’ve been Edward Choi’s lawyer for years. I’ve gained his trust by now. I have never failed him once. That is why when I told him that he has no choice but to make a guilty plea for the cases filed against him, he looked nervous.” Said Ji Hyo.

“I don’t know what to say.” Said Minho.

“A thank you is enough. Besides, I did it for Gary. Gary has done a lot for me.” Said Ji Hyo. “Didn’t he tell you he was the one who supported my college education? If not for him, I won’t be a lawyer.”

“You…did?” asked Minho.

“I was inspired by your superman character.” Said Gary. “So I tried it once. Ji Hyo was the lucky one.”

Minho chuckled.

“Thank you, Hyung.” Said Minho.

------------------------

07:05PM, Gangnam.

 

Minho entered a restaurant and found Sulli in a trance. He sat across her but she didn’t seem to notice. Why is she like this lately? What is she thinking whenever she’s staring blankly?

Minho touched Sulli’s hand catching her attention.

“Oh, you’re here.” Said Sulli.

“Your thoughts were deep.” Said Minho.

“Oh… it’s nothing.” Said Sulli.

Minho sighed.

“What’s bothering you?” asked Minho.

Sulli stared at Minho for a moment.

“I want to go back to my province for a week.” Said Sulli. “My life would be in Seoul now that we’re married but… there are things I left there that I need to fix. Once they’re fixed, I can move ahead with my life here without any regrets.”

“You’re making me worried.” Said Minho. “What do you mean things that you need to fix? I can help you fix them. Your problems are now mine too, right? So just give me a few weeks to set my schedule straight.”

“No Minho. I need to go back on my own. I need to go there and face everything on my own.” Said Sulli. “It’s just a week. I promise I’ll come back and everything will be fine.”

Minho felt nervous. Why does it seem wrong to allow Sulli to go there alone?

“It’s just a week right? If you don’t come back after a week, I’ll go there and bring you back here in Seoul.” Said Minho.

Sulli smiled and nodded.

“I will.” Said Sulli.

------------------------

11:21AM, Gwangju

 

Sulli walked the familiar street. She smiled. She was in Seoul for more than a year. She did not go home even once since she left. She always thought going back here was a waste of money when she could barely even save enough money to feed herself.

Sulli took a bus and arrived at their house safely. She entered the house and found her grandmother sitting by the door.

“Sulli?” asked the old lady.

“Yes, Gandma. I’m here.” Sulli hugged her grandmother. “I went here to check if you’re doing well.”

The grandmother smiled.

“Yes, I’m all right.”

“I heard Uncle is not in a good situation right now. Who takes care of you?” asked Sulli.

Sulli pulled away.

“Your Aunt still goes here despite leaving your Uncle’s house. Sometimes she goes here with a young girl. She is only my daughter in law but she takes care of me like a real mother. She’s a good woman. I often feel bad for her for marrying my son.” Said the grandma.

Sulli sat beside her grandma.

“Don’t say that grandma. Uncle… is hateful most of the time. But he has some good points.” Said Sulli.

“Tell me one good point he has.” Said the grand mother.

“Ummm…”

That’s a really hard question.

“You can’t even point one.” Said the grand mother. “He gambles and drinks. He never works and he even gets money from you like you’re his piggybank.”

That’s totally accurate.

“But he takes care of you.” Said Sulli.

“That’s what he tells you, but it was his wife doing all those things for me.” Said the grand mother.

Sulli sighed. Her Uncle is making it hard for his own family to return to him.

“How are you? Your mother called the other day telling me you got married. I was shocked and got angry. Not inviting your grandmother is really hurtful. But she told me that you had to do that to save your lives.” Said the grand mother.

Sulli smiled. It was for her father’s shares.

“Yeah, something like that.” Said Sulli.

“Do you love the man you married?” asked the old lady.

“Yes, I love him.” Said Sulli.

“Good” said the old lady. “You should bring him here so that he could meet everyone.”

Then a loud noise from outside was heard by Sulli and her grand ma. They both went out to check it. They saw Sulli’s Uncle drunk, his arms on another man’s shoulder….

The other man is….

Minho?

What is he doing here?

“Hi.” Minho raised his hand to greet Sulli.

“Grand Ma.” Said Sulli. “It seems he couldn’t wait for me to take him here.”

“Huh?”

“Grandma…ummm… meet my husband.” Said Sulli. “Minho.”

“Oh! Really? This handsome fellow?” asked Grand ma.

Sulli nodded.

“Yes, that handsome man is my husband.” Said Sulli.

“You got good taste.” Said the Grand Ma.

Actually, half of it was her Dad’s taste for a future son in law.

Minho tried not to chuckle.

 “How come you’re with my Uncle?” Sulli helped her Uncle to lie down on the floor.

“I asked him if he knew you and whether he knows the address I was holding. He said he is your Uncle and he knows your house. He led me here.” Said Minho.

“I told you Grandma, Uncle sometimes has a good point too. If not for him, my husband would have gone missing.” Said Sulli.

“But before we even reached the gate, he already got unconscious.” Said Minho.

“I told you he’s good for nothing.” Said the grand ma.

------------------------

02:04PM, Gwangju

Sulli saw her grand ma sleeping. She went by the gate and saw Minho sitting on the rocks by the small garden. Sulli sat beside him.

“Grandma is now sleeping.” Said Sulli.

“Your Uncle, how is he?” asked Minho.

“He will not wake up in the next hours. He’ll sleep throughout the day.” Said Sulli. “Why are you here?”

“Me?” asked Minho.

“Yeah, you are not supposed to be here.” Said Sulli.

“I… missed you.” Said Minho.

Sulli giggled.

“You’re making me giddy.” Sulli tried to stop herself. “I’m a little angry at you. I said I wanted to come here on my own, why do you have to follow me.”

“I was worried. I don’t know why but… I just know I need to be here.” Said Minho.

Sulli sighed.

“Besides, I want to know you more. I want to know the people you grew  up with.” Said Minho.

“What did you find out so far? Aside from my drunken Uncle.” Said Sulli.

“You have a charming grandma.” Said Minho. “So… what are the things you want to fix? I will accompany you. I promise not to get involved…I just want to be around in case you’ll need me.”

“I have a few people in my list.” Said Sulli.

“People?” asked Minho.

“Yeah…you want to stroll around?” asked Sulli.

“Umm… sure.” Said Minho.

“I’ll show you the school I studied at.”

Minho stood up.

“Let’s go then.”

 

The night before

11:03PM, Gangnam

 

Minho couldn’t sleep. He sat on a chair by his terrace and kept thinking.

“There are things I left there that I need to fix. Once they’re fixed, I can move ahead with my life here without any regrets.”

What are those things that Sulli needs to fix in the province?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter