Yuri's Closure

The Boss' Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 18

Yuri's Closure

 

10:43PM, Gangnam

The prosecutor took Sulli’s testimony.

“Is that everything?” asked Onew

Sulli nodded.

“Can I… ask a favour please?” asked Sulli.

“Favour?” asked Onew.

“Minho doesn’t know who lured me into the trap right? Can you please not tell him about it?” asked Sulli. “Just tell him I went to the café and someone took me from there.”

“You don’t want Minho to know Yuri’s involvement in this?” asked Onew.

“You’re aware of their past. I just… want them to have a peaceful closure between them.” Said Sulli.

Onew sighed.

“I used to hate the idea that you broke the relationship between Yuri and Minho. Those two are the most perfect people I met in college and they inspired me a lot to be where I am. I have never even imagined they would part ways. But now that they did, I wanted to blame you for it.” Said Onew. “I even had second thoughts about looking for you when Minho went here to ask for my help. But now… ”

Sulli shook her head.

“It’s ok. I think I was really the reason why they broke up.” Said Sulli. “I wish the situation Minho and I met was different.”

“What I was trying to say is that… Now I get a glimpse of why Minho let go of a perfect woman.” Said Onew.

Yuri indeed is perfect.

“I was trying to compliment you.”  Said Onew. “There is something in you that shines. Even the perfect would not shine so brightly.”

“Oh.” Sulli was startled.

“But that doesn’t mean I have forgiven Minho for that secret wedding. I’m sure a lot of the others would react once they learn you two are married. Minho has a lot of friends. And he’s a celebrity.” Said Onew

“Will what happened to me hit the news?” asked Sulli.

“It surely will. Edward Chois is a big name in Business. His son Siwon Choi is popular. And there’s Minho too.” Said Onew. “You can’t hide being married any more. Minho will surely get a headache tomorrow.”

-------------------

09:30AM, Gangnam

“Minho always goes to the company early.” Said Wendy.

“He does.” Said Sulli. “He especially needs to go there early today. The control over the company is now in his hands. Plus, Uncle Edward and Siwon are in prison. He needs to calm the stockholders.”

“He’s very responsible.” Said Wendy.

“Yes.” Said Sulli.

Wendy opened the television and the news are about Sulli.

“I hope Minho doesn’t get too stressed though.”

Sulli took her phone and bag.

“Mom, I need to buy something outside. If you get hungry, don’t wait for me and eat lunch ok?” asked Sulli.

-----------------

10:00AM, Gangnam

Minho stepped on the podium. The stock holders are waiting for his speech.

“As you may have already seen in the news.” Minho said. “Edward and Siwon Choi are in prison for kidnapping Miss Sulli Choi and forcing her to sign a marriage contract. They were caught in the act of pointing a gun at Sulli. This is unacceptable. And I will make sure they will be punished for what they did. Also, Sulli and I already got married the other night. And so… her shares are also mine. From today on, control over Empire is with me. But do not be worried. I have worked for this company for 10 years. I know how this company works. I went to level 7 ahead of everyone else and that should tell you I’m a capable man. I will make sure that the plunge our stock prices took will stop and we will lift the prices again soon. I will hold another stockholder’s meeting in 2 weeks to give you the detailed plans and strategies.”

The stockholders held their breath as Minho continued his speech.

“Empire will enter a period of change, an evolution. This business swill be handled as a real growing business and will cease to be a Dynasty. Please give me your support as I go through this with everyone.”

-----------------------

10:30AM, Gangnam

Sulli reached the house she was looking for.

She pressed the doorbell. She took a deep breath of courage. She needs to do this.

The door opened.

“What do you think you’re doing showing up here?” asked Yuri.

“You called me up yesterday to talk. You said you needed closure. And I agree with you. You need closure. I went here to help you get that.” Said Sulli.

“Are you here to get revenge for yesterday?” asked Yuri.

She just admitted her involvement in the kidnapping.

“No, I went here to give you the closure you said you need.” Said Sulli.

“I was lying. I don’t need closure. I just want to get rid of you.” Said Yuri.

 “Minho and I are now married.”

“You’re here to throw that on my face?” asked Yuri, her voice full of anger.

“No, I’m here to tell you reality. You have to accept it Yuri. And you have to move on.” Said Sulli.

Yuri pulled Sulli inside her house and pulled on Sulli’s hair.

“Stop this! Yuri!” said Sulli.

Yuri pushed Sulli to the wall. Sulli’s head bumped into the wall. It took Sulli a few seconds to open her eyes. When she did, she saw Yuri going to her with a knife on her hand.

“When you’re gone, Minho will come back to me.” Said Yuri.

“No, not if you killed me.” Said Sulli. “He’ll hate you.”

Yuri did not stop, she stabbed Sulli. Sulli turned side ways and the knife penetrated her side. Blood rushed out. Yuri dropped the knife.

The door opened.

“Yuri, the door is op…en… What is happening here?” Changmin ran towards Sulli. “What are you doing, Yuri?”

Yuri’s hand is full of blood.

“I… wanted to kill her, Changmin.” Said Yuri.

“You’re sick Yuri. You can’t do this.” Said Changmin.

Changmin carried Sulli. And then Yuri lost consciousness.

“It’s my fault…” said Sulli. “She was drunk and I… provoked her.”

“That is not enough reason to do what she did, Sulli. Now hush. You need to preserve your energy.” Said Changmin. “I’ll call security to help Yuri to the hospital.”

------------------

12:30PM, Gangnam

 

Minho and Wendy went running to the Emergency room.

“What happened?” asked Minho.

Minho saw Changmin’s clothes full of blood.

“What happened?” shouted Minho.

“Yuri… stabbed Sulli.” Said Changmin. “Sulli went to meet Yuri and Yuri… got out of control.”

Minho’s eyes thinned into slits and he punched the wall.

“My Sulli…. Is she going to be all right? What did the doctors say?” asked Wendy.

“The doctors are checking if there were any organs affected. She would need a few stitches on her side once they confirm nothing else is wrong.” Said Changmin. “Minho…Yuri was also brought to the hospital. She’s now resting in the other room.”

“I can’t face her, Changmin. Not when I don’t know what I can do to her.” Said Minho, Minho’s jaw was clenched. And his anger is so apparent.

Changmin sighed. He can’t blame Minho. Yuri hurt the woman he loves.

“Sulli… went there to help Yuri move on.” Said Changmin. “Sulli wanted you and Yuri to have closure. Yuri refused… but you know… it’s not Sullli who can give Yuri the closure she needs. It’s you, Man. You need to close it out with Yuri.”

The doctor went out of the room. Minho and Wendy went to him.

“Luckily the organs are safe. We already did the stitching. She just needs rest. She also lost blood so we need to monitor her if we need to have blood transfusion.” Said the doctor.

“We have the same blood type.” said Wendy.

“Please be ready. We may need you later.” Said the doctor.

Minho sank on a chair.

Sulli…

Is going to be all right…

Thank God…

----------------------

4:40PM, Gangnam.

 

Sulli opened her eyes.

Unfamiliar place… Where is she?

“You’re awake.”

Sulli turned to her left and saw Minho sitting beside her.

“Hi.” Said Sulli.

“Hi.” Said Minho, Minho touched Sulli’s cheek, wanting to feel her warmth. “How are you feeling?”

Sulli stopped and tried to move a little.

“It… hurts on this side.” Sulli lightly touched her right side. “Just a light touch…yet it hurts so much.”

“You had a few stitches there.” Said Minho.

Huh?

“Yuri stabbed you.” Said Minho.

Oh right…. Yeah… Sulli remembers now. Yuri and her had a confrontation that led to Yuri stabbing her.

“Do you feel weak?” asked Minho.

Sulli nodded.

“And thirsty.” Said Sulli.

Minho took some water.

“Here.”

Sulli drank a few gulp.

“How’s Yuri?” asked Sulli.

“She’s resting in one of the rooms.” Said Minho.

“Did you already go and see her?” asked Sulli.

“No, I don’t think I can go to her calmly.” Said Minho. “I am so angry right now. I might do something terrible.”

Sulli touched Minho’s hand.

“I think that Yuri was really hurt. I can’t blame her.” Said Sulli. “You and her had a long time together. You shared the pains together. You had dreams and goals together. When she got back, she thought nothing had changed. Because in her heart, nothing had changed. And then you broke up with her…and just a few days later, we got married. I think she has the right to get hurt.”

“She doesn’t have the right to hurt you like this.” Said Minho.

“When someone is hurt, the initial reaction is to hurt the person back. Sometimes people does it with words, some with actions. Yuri is a normal human being, Minho. She was deeply hurt by my presence in your life. She wanted to hurt me back and she did.” Said Sulli. “But I do think she’s just confused right now… What she needs is a good closure with you Minho. That is why… if you need to see her, then don’t worry about me and go.”

The door opened and Wendy came in.

“You’re awake.” Said Wendy.

Sulli nodded.

“Go on, Minho. Mom is here. I’ll be fine.” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter