5

Our Little Angel

Amber heaved a deep sigh after the call ended. He walked back to the living room to check on Sooyun but he didn't find her on her spot. He roamed his eyes around the room as he start to get worried. He thought that the kid had left so he head outside.

 

"Sooyun!"

 

He called loudly hoping that the child will hear him and answer him.

 

"Sooyun!" he called again.

 

"Appa!"

 

He heard the little girl's voice from behind that made him turned back. He feel relieved seeing the little girl who is standing in front of his unit with puzzled expression on her face.

 

"Where did you go? I thought you left." Amber said to the kid when he picked her up.

 

The kid giggled, seeing her father's worried face. She felt that he really love her and cares for her. She cupped his face with her little hands.

 

"Sooyun loves you Appa. Sooyun will never leave you!" she said and kissed him on his forehead and smile sweetly.

 

AMBER's POV

 

What she did made me felt warmth in my heart that surprised me. I carried her back in my place and I'm grateful that our neighbors did not get angry. I put her down and she grabbed the empty bowl and spoon on the center table.

 

"Look Appa, I washed them." she proudly showed to me.

 

"Wow, they're clean now." I said pretending to be amazed. "Good girl, Sooyun." I continued petting her head and she grinned.

 

"I washed these in the tub." she spoke that made me flinch.

 

"Why don't you put them in the kitchen now?" I told her and she nodded her head.

 

I turned my attention to her little back pack when she left. It made me wonder what she put in it. I sat down on the sofa and grabbed it.

 

"Maybe some money." I presumed.

 

"What are you doing, Appa?" she asked me curiously.

 

"Ah, I am just curious what did you put inside your back pack."

 

She took her back pack from me and laid it on the center table. She kneeled down and I watch her opening it. She took out a hairbrush and a lot of ribbons with different colors. She has one story book too.

 

“Wow, you got a lot of stuffs inside that little backpack.” I spoke with sarcasm and she smiled.

 

“Appa, will you read this to me?” she asked after she sat down next to me with the book in her hand.

 

“What story is this?” I said and grabbed the book from her hand. “Little Angels.”

 

“Will you read it to me?” she said with her expectant smile.

 

How could I say no to that kind of smile?

 

“Alright.” I answered her and she grinned, jumping off on the sofa and sat down on my lap.

 

I got a bit surprised of her actions but I think kids want to sit on their father’s lap when they will listen to his story. I read the story to her and she listen to me carefully. The next thing I knew, she’s had fallen asleep while leaning against my chest.

 

“You must have really missed your, Appa.” I whispered to her. “Too bad, I am not the one you’re seeking.”

 

I carefully laid her down on the bed and decide to start working on my presentation for tomorrow. I have to do well because my grandpa, the CEO in our company will be around. My attention was turned to Sooyun when she shifted her position.

 

“Appa…” she called me groggily when she got up. “Toilet.” She continued when she turned to me.

 

“You know where it is, right? So there is no need for me to take you there.”

 

“I’m too tired to walk.”she said.

 

I think she wants me to carry her. I heaved a deep sigh and walked towards her. I carried her inside the bathroom and she pushed me outside and slammed the door. She really acts like a little bratty princess. I waited for her and she asked me to carry her again back to my bed. The distance is only about 10 feet away from the bathroom to my bed.

 

“Good night, Appa.” She said and kissed me on my cheek.

 

“Sweet dreams, Sooyun.” I answered to her.

 

I should stop myself from getting attached to her because I know sooner or later she will go away and leave me.