29

Our Little Angel

Jessica can't believe in her eyes that the boy whom she waited to see for decades is standing right in front of her. He was no longer the boy that she always bullied before but a man who dressed well now and probably makes all the girls swoon. Even a long time had passed, she never forget him. How could she forget the first boy who captured her heart?

 

"Uhm. Yeah." Amber said curving an awkward smile.

 

He got puzzled and wonder why Jessica reacted that way. He felt like she knew him. He thought that she probably know him as the company's new investor.

 

"Yiyun Liu?" Jessica said that got Amber surprised.

 

"H-How did you..."

 

Amber was cut off when Jessica suddenly jump on him and hugged  him. Everone's eyes are on them but the star Jessica doesn't care. She's overwhelmed with happiness at their moment to mind that. She pulled from her hugged and furrowed her brows when she saw Amber's confused look.

 

"You don't remember me, do you?" Jessica asked as she narrowed her eyes on him.

 

Amber curved an apologetic smile that caused Jessica to rolled her eyes on him.

 

"Jung Sooyeon, we we're neighbors 18 years ago. You  moved when..." she paused that made Amber raised his brows. "How's aunty?"

 

Amber broke their eye contact. He doesn't like talking about his mother. It always turns his mood into a sour one.

 

"She's fine." he replied shortly. "I really have to go now." he said to her.

 

"Aish! Why you are such in a hurry?"

 

"My daughter and our friend are waiting for me." Amber answered.

 

He bid his quick goodbye before he left. Jessica just stood in her spot, speechless of what she heard. She didn't expect that the boy whom she longed to see is no longer free.

 

"Even if he is, he will never look in my way anyway." she muttered and scoffed. "Even if we were kids it was my sister he was fond of."

 

AMBER's POV

 

I don't remeber Jessica and it amazed me that she remembered me. I quickly head to Sooyun's playroom to meet them. I know they had been waiting for me. On my way out of the building, I bumped to Taemin. When I'm in a hurry, I always bump to people I acquainted to.

 

"You seen in a hurry, Amber." Taemin spoke. "I hope you have some spare time to talk to me."

 

"Yeah and sorry but I don't have time for a chitchat."

 

"It's important." he said putting on a serious expression.

 

I know what he is going to talk about. I heaved a deep sigh to calm myself.

 

"Let me hear it." I answered him.

 

"I know you're making a progress with your relationship with Krystal-sshii but Sooyung can't stay with you for too long. Not when you won't end up with her mother." he spoke.

 

"I know that."

 

"You only have at least 2 weeks left. After that, you can no longer see her, not in your entire life."

 

"What do you mean by that?" I asked him furrowing my brows.

 

"A week from now, she will start to get weak and..."he paused. "You know what happen to those who get weak later on."

 

"Do you think I will believe that crap? My daughter is perfectly fine."

 

"Not for too long Amber! You know why Sooyun came to see you."

 

I stayed quier for a while. I don't know if I should believe Teamin. What he is saying to me is impossible and doesn't make sense at all. But the situation I'm in and it doesn't make sense too. No mother forgets her child even if she abandoned that one.

 

"Sooyun's life depends on you right now. If you can't give what she wants, at least make her happy until the end."

 

We parted ways after that short conversation. On my way to where Krystal and Sooyun are waiting for me, I can’t get off my mind what Taemin told me. It made me feel irritated and at the same time scared of what possibly will happen in the future.

 

“Appa!” Sooyun called me excitedly.

 

“I’m sorry if I’m late.” I apologized to them.

 

 “What took you so long?” she asked me with an annoyed tone of voice.

 

“I ran into some of my old friends on my way here.” I answered her curving an apologetic smile.

 

“You should treat me and Umma an ice cream.”

 

“No problem.” I quickly answered.

 

She’s a very active kid and I don’t think she is sick. I shifted my attention to Krystal. I am not sure if I will let her know what Taemin had told me. I’m one hundred percent sure though, that she will never believe me. Because I myself is find it hard to believe. But then, I got no other choice.

 

“Krys, after this, can I have a moment alone with you?” I took the courage to ask her.

 

“Okay.” She replied with a smile.