30

Our Little Angel

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I noticed that Amber had been spacing out. There was obviously something that bothers him. It was already evening when we got back to the hotel. Sooyun was already asleep and Amber took her to their room. We decided to talk in the hotel’s restaurant. It made me wonder what he is going to discuss about.

 

‘It is probably about work.’

 

“Sorry if I had kept you waiting.” Amber apologized when he got back.

 

“It’s okay.” I answered, curving a smile.

 

He sat down on the chair opposite to mine. I can feel my heart beating faster knowing that I am now alone with him.

 

“What do you want to talk about?” I asked him curiously.

 

“About Sooyun.” He replied shortly and I nodded my head.

 

“What about her?”

 

“I don’t know where to start and I am not sure if you are going to believe me.” he said looking straight into my eyes. “But I want you to listen on what I am going to say to you.”

 

“Alright.”

 

He let out a deep sigh and leaned back on his seat.

 

“Sooyun had been waiting for too long to see us. She had been waiting for too long to see us together, time longer than you can imagine.” He spoke and it got me puzzled.

 

“I’m sorry but I don’t understand.” I told him.

 

He stared at me for a while. I can see the hesitations in his eyes. I think he is having a second thought if he will say it to me.

 

“Sooyun chose us to be her parents. But in our previous lifetimes, we never end up together. In this lifetime, you finally decided to be with someone else if we won’t end up together. That’s what you asked Him before you were reborn. Because of it, Sooyun had the possibility to disappear forever. She will vanish as an unborn child.”He explained to me.

 

“Do you know what you are saying to me?” I told him in disbelief. “I’m sorry but for me, that is absurd!”

 

“I can’t believe too at first. I never slept with any Asian girls before and yet, one suddenly appeared on my doorstep claiming as my child. I confirmed that she is mine when we had the DNA test. She is our child Krystal.”

 

I ran out of words and I don’t know what to say to him. I can’t see in his eyes that he is just joking. The hell, I doubt if this guy even know how to say a joke.

 

“I’m not expecting you to believe me right away. I will give you time to think about it. If you want a DNA test, you can have it. But I will inform you that if you choose to marry that guy, Sooyun will disappear.”

 

I think I understand the situation now. He doesn’t need to make up that crazy story.

 

“Are you saying not to marry Minho and marry you instead?” I questioned him and his face flushed.

 

I find him cute when he suddenly got shy. Gosh! This guy has his own style in getting a girl. It is a weird style though.

 

“I…I’m not asking you to leave your fiancé.”

 

“What do you want then?” I asked him with raised brow as I lean back crossing my arms.

 

It’s  fun seeing Amber like this. I never see this side of him. Once again, he heaved a deep sigh and then looked at me straight in the eyes.

 

“Sooyun loves you so much and if you are willing, I want you to become her mother.” He spoke.

 

“I can do that.” I answered him.

 

“Y-You will?” he replied with disbelief on his face.

 

“I love that kid so I don’t mind to act as her mother.” I told him.

 

I can see the disappointment in his face after I told him that. I think that is not what he meant.

 

“I don’t want you to just act.” He sighed.  “Okay, let me ask you something and I want you to answer me honestly.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Are you happy with your fiancé right now?” he questioned me.

 

“What if I say no?” I asked him avoiding his eyes.

 

“Then I will snatch you away from him.” He answered me that made widened my eyes.

 

“W-What did you say?”

 

“I might want you to leave your fiancé for you to be with me. I…” he paused. “I love you! Not just because of Sooyun but because this is what I feel for you.”

 

It felt my world had stopped spinning and the clock had stopped ticking when I heard what he said. I felt like, I longed to hear those words from him for a thousands of years now. My heart is filled warmth and I never felt so happy.

 

“W-Why are you crying?” Amber asked me.

 

My eyes are filled with tears not just because of happiness but because of sadness too. Amber had confessed too late. He confessed when I can no longer be with him even if I want to.

 

“I’m sorry.” I told him and quickly left.