25

Our Little Angel

Amber is being torn between right or wrong. He wants to stand on what he believe is right but everyone around him is telling him to the opposite.  His daughter and his best friend are telling him to snatch someone else’s girl. He heaved a deep sigh and decided to take a stroll to clear his mind while Sooyun was sleeping. Unexpectedly, he ran into Krystal at the lobby. They both look surprised when they see each other.

 

“Hey.”

 

It was Krystal who spoke first. She greeted Amber with a smile and the guy returned back her smile greeting in the same manner.

 

“Hi!” Amber replied and there was a brief silence.

 

“Uhm, where is Sooyun?” Krystal asked breaking the silence.

 

“She’s asleep.” Amber answered.

 

Krystal nodded her head. She felt that the guy isn’t interested to talk to him because of his dry response. He always put an end to their conversation.

 

“I’m sorry about earlier. I think I made Sooyun upset.”

 

“Don’t worry about it. There is still a lot of next time, right?” Amber replied curving a smile.

 

He appears to be calm but in his mind, he is already panicking in searching on the words on what he is going to say to Krystal.

 

“Y-Yeah.” Krystal replied unsure of her answer.

 

There was this brief silence between them again. Amber doesn’t know what to say and Krystal is waiting for him to utter a word.

 

“Uhm, I better get going. So…”

 

“Wait!” Amber cut Krystal off.

 

Krystal looked at him with raised brows, waiting on what he is going to say next.

 

“I-I’m going to take a walk, I mean, do you want to take a stroll with me?” Amber asked.

 

He knew that he thought of the lamest way to ask a girl to hang-out with him.

 

“Well, you know I am not safe to walk around in public places.” Krystal replied.

 

“Ah, right.” Amber replied and quickly thought of something. “Wait.”

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I followed my eyes on Amber and he approached the front desk. He came back with a smile on his face showing me a car key.

 

“I hope you can join me in my joyride.” He stated.

 

“Just keep me safe.” I replied and giggled.

 

I told him to bring Sooyun with us and he agreed. I want to make up with her. Like always, Sooyun was happy and excited to see me. This kid really made me feel light. Her smiles always lighten my heavy heart. A black tinted car was waiting for us outside. Amber is the one driving and I sat down at the backseat with Sooyun.

 

“Appa, I want to go to the beach.” Sooyun said to him.

 

“But it is already getting dark Sooyun.” Amber replied and Sooyun pouts.

 

“I want to go there!” Sooyun whined crossing her arms.

 

Amber let out a sigh. I honestly want to go to the beach too because for me it is the most serene and tranquil place.

 

“Umma, tell stupid Appa that we want to go the beach.” Sooyun spoke to me in Korean.

 

“But your Appa doesn’t want to go there, Sooyun.” I answered her.

 

“He will change his mind once he knew that you want to go there too.” She replied and grinned.

 

“Geez, you are at it again, talking in your native language. Can we use the language that we all understand?” Amber complained.

 

I and Sooyun laughed at his annoyed face. If only he showed up back then, I think there’s a possibility that we are together now.

 

“Why don’t we go to the beach? We can light up fireworks there or have dinner.” I suggested.

 

Amber hummed in response and is obviously contemplating on what he is going to answer to me.

 

“Then I think we need to drop by in the market.” Amber replied.

 

“I told you Umma, Appa always listen to you.” Sooyun spoke in Korean curving a sheepish smile.

 

After we dropped by in the market, we head straight to the beach.  We laid a blanket on the sand and keep the car headlights on for our lights. I helped Amber prepared everything.

 

“Sooyun, don’t go far from here, okay?” Amber said to Sooyun.

 

“Neh, Appa.”

 

Sooyun is picking up shells at a distance. I and Amber on the other hand are just sitting on the blanket watching at Sooyun. Then I grabbed the opportunity to ask Amber why Sooyun is thinking that I am her Umma. But before I could speak, Amber asked me a question that I didn’t imagine he would ask to me.

 

“Are you happy with him?” he asked that made me looked at him. "With your fiance?" he added meeting my eyes.