1

Our Little Angel

Amber was disturbed from his deep slumber when he heard the sound of his doorbell. He slept late last night because he tried to finish all his work. He was grumbling while walking on his way to the main door of his condominium. He wonders who dare to disturbed him since this is what he hated the most. He was about to yell on that person when he opened the door but stop from doing so when all he see is a little girl standing on his doorstep. She is wearing a pink dress, wearing a ribbon on her hair and has a little backpack on her back.

 

“Who are you?”Amber asked the little girl who is staring at him.

 

The little girl didn’t respond to him but rather just continue to stare on his face. He was surprise when she suddenly jumps on him and hugged his waist tightly.

 

“Appa!”the little girl exclaimed in happiness but shocked the man she is hugging.

 

Amber didn’t move an inch. Even though he is well known to be smart, he find it this time to comprehend why the girl is somehow addressing him as her ‘father’.

 

“I’m happy to see you.” the girl said as she looks up on him with a big smile on her face.

 

Gaining his composure back, he takes off the little girl’s hand that is wrapping on his waist. He knows that it is impossible for him to be a father with an Asian little kid since he never slept with even a single Asian before. He dated only two girls in his life and both of them are Americans.

 

“You must be mistaken, little girl. “He told her in English which cause the girl to change her expression into an annoyed one.

 

“I’m not!”She yelled on Amber. “You are my Appa! I chose you to be my Appa!”she continued.

 

Amber look around worrying that the little girl’s loud voice will disturb the neighbors.

 

“Shhhh…”he shushed the little girl to keep her quiet.

 

The little girl did stop and look at him. Amber saw a new expression on the girl’s face and he is amazed on how the girl can change her mood easily. From happy to annoyed, now, he saw a worried look on the girl’s face.

 

“I bet your real parents are terribly worried now. You should go back.”he told her.

 

“I told you, you are my Appa!” the girl retorted which made Amber slightly annoyed.

 

“Look kid, it’s impossible for me to become your Appa. I am not even married yet and I’m single for four years now.”Amber said to her forcing a smile while suppressing his real feelings inside. “So go now!”he continued and then closed his door.

 

He let out a deep sigh in relief. He thought that the little girl will leave but then he was wrong. A very loud cry was heard which cause his neighbors to open their doors. He ruffled his hair in annoyance and opened his door again. He quickly apologized to his angry neighbors and let the kid inside his place.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I have no idea what this little kid’s drama is all about. After I let her in my place, she roamed around like checking every corner of my place. Once I meet her parents, they will really get a piece of my mind.

 

“Appa, you need to take your shower. It’s time for you to get ready for your work. “she told me when she turned to me.

 

I was about to respond to her but my attention was shifted to the sound of my second alarm clock. I hurriedly head into the bathroom because I have a meeting to attend to.

 

“Don’t touch anything!”I yelled on her before I head to my bathroom.

 

I took a quick shower and fixed myself. I gather all the documents on my table and put it in my bag. When I step out of my room, I caught the little girl opening my fridge and is checking what is inside.

 

“Hey, didn’t I tell you not to touch anything?”I told her as I close my fridge back.

 

“I am just checking what’s inside here.” she answered me rolling her eyes and walk into my living room.

 

I followed her behind. As I was contemplating on what I’m going to do to her, she stopped in her trance and turn to look at me.

 

“Appa, you should come home right away after work okay?”she told me with raised brows looking at me with her expectant eyes. “I don’t like waiting too long.”she continued.

 

“Oh no no no no, you are coming with me young lady.” I told her as I carried her. “You are not allowed to stay here.” I continued.

 

I ask the receptionist to find the little girl’s parents. I left her to them and hurriedly left. I’m wasting too much time for that kid. When I arrived in our company, my secretary, Bill is the one who meet me.

 

“Are they here?” I questioned him when he handed me my coffee.

 

“Not yet Sir.”he quickly replied.

 

“Good!” I stated and we head inside the elevator.

 

A few minutes later, my guest had arrived and I present my proposals to them. I feel relieve when my presentation ended well. I head to my office to relax myself. I slump on my office chair and rest myself.

 

“Excuse me, Sir.” I heard Bill’s voice.

 

“What is it?”I replied to him.

 

“There is someone who wants to see you.” He told me. “Should I let her in?”

 

“Okay.”I replied briefly thinking that it might be one of the secretaries of our business partners.

 

Bill excused himself and I sat up straight when my office door had swung open again. My jaw literally dropped when I saw her walking towards my desk with a mad expression on her face.

 

“Appa! Why did you left me there?!” she shouted at me with anger in her voice and glared.