48.

Our Little Angel

AMBER’s POV

I assured Krystal not to worry about the tape. I used my family’s connections to make Minho surrender the original copy of it. That guy was stubborn but with some threats, he complied. We burnt everything.He did not bother us anymore, and so I thought…

“Appa, buy me a beautiful dress to wear on Umma’s concert.” Sooyun told me while we were both preparing to sleep.

“When is her concert again?” I questioned her.

She narrowed her eyes on me and I just flashed an apologetic smile. I was busy lately and without my secretary to remind me, I always lose track of the time.

“It will be the day after tomorrow, stupid Appa!” she rolled her eyes on me and lay down on her side of the bed.

“Oh-“ I muttered and lay down on the side of my bed. “Let’s go shopping tomorrow then.” I beamed at her.

“Arasso! Invite Umma, okay?” she stated firmly.

“Yes Ma’am.” I tapped her nose and that made her smile.

“Good night, Appa.” She pecked my lips and hugged me.

“Good night my little Princess.” I pecked her head and embraced her.

I glanced at the space beside Sooyun. It made me imagine of Krystal lying there too, embracing our daughter. Unconsciously the thought made me smile.

“Good night, Princess.”

I drifted off to sleep. I felt like I had just slept for a few minutes because after a while, I felt Soojun’s hands shaking my body. I groaned softly but force myself to get up. I blinked my eyes a few times adjusting my vision.

“What’s up?” I said groggily and flashed a smile.

“Aish! Appa get a shower already!” she was pulling my hand and tried to pull me off my bed.

“What’s the hurry?”

“We’re gonna eat breakfast with Umma, remember?” she reminded me.

“Right!” I lightly chuckled. “You already took yours.”

“I am not a slowpoke like you.”

I lazily walked inside the bathroom and took a quick shower. After I fixed myself, I saw my daughter sitting at the sofa while dangling her short legs. She seemed happier today than the past few days.

“Let’s go?” I chirped and she looked at me.

“Nae!” she replied enthusiastically and jumped off from her seat.

We met Krystal at the lobby. I felt embarrassed because I knew I made her wait. Sooyun on the other hand was already killing me on how the she looked at me.Why did she inherit the Jung’s eyes? Sigh.

“Umma, will you buy me a beautiful dress for tomorrow?” Sooyun asked Krystal looking at the woman with expectant eyes.

“Mianhae.” Krystal apologized. “Umma has to rehearse for tomorrow’s performance.”

It made Sooyun disappointed but she still tried to smile for her mother. “When are you going to get finished?” she asked, still hopeful.

Krystal hummed as she started thinking. I was also anticipating for her answer because it was not only Sooyun who wanted her to come with us, I also wanted myself too.

“Probably later this evening baby.”

“Arasso.” Sooyun sighed.

“Hmmm, why don’t we eat dinner together tonight?” Krystal suggested. “Then you can show me that dress. I know that you will be able to choose a beautiful and stylish one. You’re a Jung after all.”she smiled warmly at her as she caressed Sooyun’s face.

“Nae, Umma!” Sooyun grinned widely.

“And I will help too.” I butted in and they both turned to me.

“No!” they said in unison looking at me sternly.

“O…kay.” I sighed.

We took Krystal to their company before I and Soohyun head to the mall. We kept on walking from one clothing store to another. I really hate it when girls shop clothes. It always take them forever to choose one.

“I found it!” Sooyun exclaimed while looking through the glass window where a beautiful pink dress was being displayed.

“That?” I raised my brows.

“I wanna try it on Appa!” she said to me excitedly and entered inside the store.

Sooyun tried the dress. While she was fitting it on, I received a call from my grandpa. His voice was breaking because the reception wasn’t that strong so I told the sale’s lady to look after my daughter for me because I will call back my grandpa outside. I was grateful when she agreed.

“Sorry about earlier, Grandpa. The reception here is quite weak.” I apologized to him.

“It’s okay. I called because I wanna know about the progress of your work there. I didn’t hear anything from you in these past few days.”

“Everything is fine. I already seal the deal and everything is working according to plan.”

“Good! And  what is this news that you tried to pull off our investments in some companies?”

“Ah…”

How would I explain to them that I used that threat for Minho to stop what he was doing to Krystal or else, he and his entire family will end up in the streets. Their investors’ companies are the companies us Liu’s has invested to.

“Uhm…I was just bluffing at them. I have a frie…” I paused.

“You keep on cutting your sentences Amber.”

“Sorry about that. What I was trying to say is that, my girlfriend needed my help and that’s the only way to take down the enemy.”

The other line became quiet and I swear I could hear my heart beating loudly against my chest.  It got me curious why he kept quiet and what he was thinking.

“I see.” He spoke. “I will be coming there. I think I will meet my old friend Lee Sooman.” He said and hang up.

I let out a deep sigh and placed my phone back at my pocket. As I was walking my way back inside the store, I saw the sales lady running towards me and it seemed to me that she was terrified.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her.

“Some guys…” her voice was shaking.

“Huh?”

“Some guys took your daughter away!” she told me.

I asked her to call the police. I looked around for Sooyun but I could no longer see her. I panicked and got scared. I ran through the crowd, calling her name. I felt like I was going to lose my mind.

“Amber!” one guy hold me on my shoulder from behind and when I turned around I saw Taemin.

“Taemin!” I gripped on his shoulders. “Please tell me that she’s with you.”

“I’m afraid to tell you that she’s not with me.”he answered me. “It’s not only Sooyun that has been taken.”

“What are you talking about?” I asked him.

“Jung Soojung is taken too.”he informed me.

I felt that my world stop turning. Anger slowly built up in my heart. I gritted my teeth and clenched my fist. From the top of my lungs, I shouted the name of the person who is behind this.

“MINHO!!!”