...Please Be Kind To Me....

...And When A Legend Is True

 

Coordinator Noona and the other staff went to and fro, getting outfits and arranging the band members' hairstyles. Tae Kyung was sitted beside Jeremy, who looked some kind of giddy.

 

Ya, Jeremy, what is wrong?” he asked the blond guy beside him.

 

“Jeremy-ssi, please don't move too much,” his makeup artist chided a bit. “Your mascara will smudge.”

 

Tae Kyung scowled inside. Since they changed image, do they have to wear too much mascara? They were going emo, but the makeup theme was going way too overboard.

 

“I am just excited, that's all,” Jeremy replied to his hyung. “Amy is going to watch us tonight.”

 

Tae Kyung resisted the urge to purse his lips like he always do. His makeup artist might scold him too. But he knew better. He had been performing on stage for many years, of course. He looked at the mirror in front of him. Mi Nam and Shin Woo were also being made up by their own makeup artists, but the two guys were busy being in their best behavior. But the guy beside him was unusually hyper today.

 

****

And A.N. Jell performed.

 

They performed most of their new singles, which were met with great anticipation by their fans. From their front row seats, He Yi was howling with delight, while Mi Nyu and Amy were clapping and smiling from ear to ear. This was the princess' first time to attend a rock concert, and most specifically, an Asian one. Even if she could not understand the lyrics (which were obviously in Korean), she seemed to deduce that the songs are love songs, after all. She could not stop looking at Jeremy, beating his drums rhythmically.

 

Tae Kyung's deep and sensual voice caught the attention of the fans, and they howled even more. To this, He Yi raised her eyebrows like a and smiled; she was definitely proud of her boyfriend. Shin Woo's bad boy raps and cool guitar moves made fan girls shriek in delight, some even pleading for their Shin Woo-oppa to date them. Mi Nyu, who was dense that some fans do that, frowned. Of course, she was jealous. He Yi noticed her seatmate's expression triumphantly. At least, that pure girl Mi Nyu could be capable of being jealous too. He Yi, though friends with Mi Nyu, still felt ambivalence towards her. She was Tae Kyung's girlfriend already, but it seems she still could not get rid of her ill feelings towards Mi Nyu.

 

“Mi Nyu-ya, that is just an expression that fans shout,” she explained to Mi Nyu. “Cool it, and don't take it seriously.”

 

She especially found herself feeling proud of being able to teach something to the innocent girl.

 

Ah...ye...gomawoyo,” Mi Nyu smiled at He Yi.

 

Jeremy threw some flying kisses to the fans and flipped his drumsticks in a cool motion, harboring shrieks from fan girls. Mi Nam winked at fans, thus causing one fan to faint on the spot. Talk about being cocky!

 

“Aw....Jeremy is so cool,” Amy crooned. And turning to He Yi, she asked. “He Yi, what do you call that title to your boyfriend?”

 

He Yi felt especially lucky tonight. Not only did she teach Mi Nyu about pop culture, she was also teaching that to the princess too. She could already be a school teacher. Hehe.

 

Oh, you mean, oppa?” He Yi asked, and the princess nodded. She, then, proceeded to explain what 'oppa' really means in proper Korean language before proceeding to explain how fan girls and girlfriends use it to their pretty boys.

 

Oh, so does that mean I can call Jeremy as Jeremy-oppa?” Amy asked.

 

“Yes,” He Yi said. Of course, she was totally proud of her own English too. Thanks to her agency.

 

Amy smiled. She could use it on Jeremy if she wanted to. But she has a reputation to maintain. She is a princess and was taught to call people by the correct name and format. If she has to call Jeremy as 'oppa', then she has to do it if she is the drummer's actual girlfriend. Of course, she did not tell He Yi of her realization. After all, she was thankful that He Yi taught her some of Korean pop culture.

 

Tae Kyung-oppa, saranghae!!!!” shouted some girls.

 

Shin Woo-oppa! Bring me home!” shouted one girl.

 

Mi Nam-oppa! You are damn hot!!!” some girls shrieked.

 

Jeremy-oppa, so cool!!!!” said some others.

 

****

After the concert, the three ladies went backstage. Reporter Kim was already there, and when he saw He Yi leading the way, he went to them in that nasty way of his.

 

Annyeong haseyo, Yoo He Yi-ssi and Go Mi Nyu-ssi,” he greeted. Noticing Amy, he smiled his paparazzi smile and asked. “And you are?”

 

He Yi answered for the princess. She did not want the reporter to know that a British royalty was watching A. N. Jell's concert. It might be a big scoop to the press, but it might mean a scandal to the royal family. He Yi is especially fond of scandal, but she did not want to bring scandal to Amy's name. After all, she had been dreaming of having some royalty for a friend, with a deep motive of being able to enter a royal castle in her lifetime.

 

“She is Jenny,” He Yi said, using a common American name, with 2NE1's Park Bom in mind. Bom's American name is Jenny Park, after all. “She is a friend.”

 

Wanting to dig more about the Caucasian friend, Reporter Kim asked, “Where did you meet?”

 

He Yi knows that foreigners, Americans and Europeans, also do some holidaying in Korea, but she knows that Korean celebrities having foreign friends with white skin was a big scoop for the nosy reporter.

 

“Ah, we just met in Singapore, and we became friends.” she said, deadpan and vaguely, without elaborating. Honestly, she was irritated at the reporter, who had been stalking her ever since.

 

“Is it true, Mi Nyu-ssi?” the reporter asked, perhaps feeling that the innocent girl will give him an honest answer.

 

“Ah, ye, they met in Singapore,” Mi Nyu said. Deep inside, she regretted having to lie.

 

The reporter believed her, nevertheless. He Yi was insulted and asked the reporter.

 

“Reporter Kim, do you not believe me, Korea's fairy?” she asked.

 

“Oh, joesonghamnida, Yoo He Yi-ssi,” Reporter Kim slyly replied. “I just was attracted to her beauty.”

 

Amy smiled at the reporter. Even if she was bred to be the perfect girl, Amy was also knowledgeable of such things as the paparazzi life. She is royalty, and the royalty also garners attention on international television. But good thing, her mascara was too thick, her eyeliners too thick, and her black wig securely in place, that Reporter Kim did not recognize her at all.

 

The reporter tailed with them as the girls went to the A.N. Jell dressing quarters. It was good that President Ahn came out of the room and met the girls. Noticing the reporter, he smiled wide and distracted the reporter.

 

*****

“Aww...look at my Tae Kyung-oppa,” He Yi said, making her girl friends a bit envious. “He looks so good with his make up on.” She looked at him proudly, knowing that she put up a big fight just to gain Tae Kyung's love.

 

Mi Nyu was looking at Shin Woo with love. In the past, she had been dense, so dense, regarding Shin Woo's motives behind his kind actions. She had rejected him in the past, thus causing him to be heartbroken and distant. Since having a crush on Jung Yong Hwa, she suddenly realized her confused feelings for Shin Woo and realized she was the girl he loved the most to the point of letting go. And since she begged him not to let go anymore, she accepted his love, and thus she became Shin Woo's happiness. She did not regret being his girlfriend, for Shin Woo maintained his attitude of being caring towards her, and not once did he made her cry.

 

Amy looked at her ex-fiance wistfully. Since breaking up with him years ago, she never thought that she would still feel the same old flame for him. She was hoping that he would still feel the same way for her. She was also sure that Sa Yu Ri was eternally happy with Go Mi Nam, though she did not know if the fan club president quitted her position. She was envious that her girl friends were all happy with their lovelives.

 

As she looked on, she talked to Jeremy in thought, “Please be kind to me.”